Interstate Fleet Services

Interstate Fleet Services Employee Reviews

very stressful
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Horsham, PAJune 17, 2016
There was lack of structure . Terrible work ours.
management wasn't untied. Very disorganized
too much expected for such little pay.
Bothered on your time off
Pros
as much over time as you want
Cons
stress level is unnecessary
Incompetent
Road tech (Current Employee) –  PAMay 13, 2013
There must be more than one Interstate Fleet Services cause I find it very hard to believe this many people are happy with the company. The only review I saw that nailed it was the second from the last guy. You wait forever to buy something as simple as gas for your vehicle or parts that are needed for a job. You get paid 40 hours salary to be on call 24/7 with no vacation pay(found that out the hard way, when my check was short with no notice). The dispatchers have no common sense and can make no decisions of their own without contacting the owner. I was also confused by one reviewer talking about how awesome upper management is, there is no managers, much less upper management at this company, one guy runs the whole show(as you can imagine, not very effectively given the company is in 23 states). In short, you are not allowed to make any decisions on your own and are treated like a kindergartner.
Pros
a company vehicle that hardly runs
Cons
no benefits, no vacation, no overtime, work 24/7, expect to be burned out quickly
Do not work for these people
Road Service Tech (Former Employee) –  PA, but they are located in other statesJune 21, 2012
These people lie about everything. Do not expect the benefits they promise. Do, however, expect to have truckers angry at you because of them. You will be stuck waiting hours to be able to buy parts, waiting for billing, waiting to fuel up your truck, etc. Their dispatchers are lacking in the common sense and knowledge department. Don't expect to get your last weeks pay when you quit either because they will scam you out of it. Even the lady that runs the office said to "keep an eye on these people" when we first came in contact with this company. So, if you want to have no life, get paid half decent, have no benefits, and get treated like dirt and scammed, I-Fleet is great for you.
Pros
pay is half decent
Cons
see above
This company is a circus
Former Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  HorshamJune 21, 2013
This company is a circus. The Techs must wait up to an hour to purchase parts or gas, It is so embarrassing. I have never seen a company runs this way, A sibling and childhood friend who is a True Hood Rat runs over everyone. He pays very little with no sick time or benefits. If you have a problem and go to the owner he will blame you. There is no true leadership which is why there are not many long term employees. Work there at your own peril. When I quit, he refused to pay me.
Pros
some very nice people
Cons
a hood rat runs the place.
Fun workplace
On-Site Diesel Technician (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJOctober 14, 2012
Preventive maintenance service, electrical repair, roadside service repairs. Learned a ton of things. The Management was always professional. I enjoyed my co workers. They made the job fun and they always were will to lend a hand when requested. Hope to go back when my drivers license gets back in tact.
Pros
guaranteed salary, decent co workers and management.
Cons
sometimes working without a helper
Best job ever
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Horsham, PASeptember 23, 2012
Always upbeat and positive attitudes. Love pleasing the customers. They call and know most of us by name and I think that makes our day because of how many people they actually deal with on a daily basis. Love working with all of the technicians as well. To be able to navigate them through jobs and help them out also feels great!
Pros
nice people with core values, good salary
Good place to grow with.
Diesel Technician (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia PAJune 27, 2012
Started at Interstate on the ground level last year right around the time they started. Pretty decent job and happy to be apart of something thats growing.
Pros
plenty of growth and advancement
Cons
won't start offering benefits until 2013.
Friendly and Professional Environment
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Horsham, PAJuly 13, 2015
Interstate Fleet Services is a place where opportunities are endless. Working with a staff that is more like family. Managers that are understanding and get the jobs done. Professional and busy environment that teaches hands on skills that will be carried for a lifetime.
Pros
Professional work environment, positive staff
Challanging position increasing the company creating a national presence.
Director of Business Development/Operations (Former Employee) –  Horsham, PAJune 25, 2014
A typical day at work consisted of interviewing prospective employees, establishing relationships with fleet managers of the largest freight companies to negotiate contracts.

I also traveled when required to meet with out of state employees and to establish new territories. Further, I was also tasked with day to day operations management resolving issues both in the company and out in the field.

This experience provided me with a skill set which I am seeking to transition to help take a forward thinking company with expansion aspirations to meet their goals.
Cons
no healthcare
Evening Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Jenkintown PANovember 10, 2012
I worked at Interstate while attending college. I loved helping the road technicians and assisting customers. A normal work day would consist of tracking drivers, dispatching the technicians and data entry into the company programs. The hardest part was being under pressure at times it was really busy with all the telephones ringing and walkie talkies going off. I most enjoyed being apart of a company that had a great deal of growth success in the short time I was there.
Pros
upper management always did what was needed to better the business
All is well
Road Service Tech (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 2, 2012
Digging the job mainly because it was something different than the typical 8 hour a day job, they were a new company and one of the only companies that offered me a decent paying position right out of school. Got adapted to it and loved it more and more. Boss is hands on and really care about the businesses success to the point that I can call him for a piece of advice if needed when working on something. I sense typical growing pains at times but overall, they weather the storm and keep growing which I find amazing. Really good people.
Pros
take care of their customers and employees second to none.
Cons
hours can get crazy at times especially when it gets cold.
Overall good
Mobile Technician (Current Employee) –  IndianaSeptember 3, 2012
Hardest part of the job for me was getting use to the irregular hours. I also love the time I have to spend at home with my family so its a catch 22. Every day is different, other mechanics are very helpful which is why interacting with the other employees is one my favorite parts of the job. Corporate office treats everyone like family. They also paid to send me to welding school which was also a plus.
Pros
good pay. nice people with great culture and values.
Cons
getting use to the irregular hours
Really Really Good Company
Road Tech (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids IAMarch 15, 2013
I worked as a road tech for the company for close to a year. Always was treated good, paid well and really loved the job. The only thing for me is I am a single father and it got to be too much without having a support system for my two girls. The day I left, the owner came to the office where I turned my truck into, shook my hand, thanked me for all my hard work and said he welcomed me back if I was able to return at a later date. He handed me an envelope with what I thought was a bus ticket home but it was actually a plane ticket with $100.00 for me to get something to eat. The hotel I stayed at was the best hotel I have ever been at in my entire life. Everything was paid even the room service on top of the money they had already given me. To think these people treat you this way as a "departing emloyee" really says a lot about them. Going to miss you guys and I do hope to be able to return one day. Thank you for everything.
Pros
really good pay, good people, overall nice place to be employed
Cons
the on call hours was the only thing that was rough as single father.
Good company to work for
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Horsham, PANovember 27, 2014
Good company to work for. It's nice to be apart of a company that's focused on growth. Hard working group of people in management that always works to keep you motivated and on your toes.
Pros
growing company
Productive, fast paced, multi-tasking work environment.
Road Tech (Current Employee) –  ConnecticutApril 20, 2013
The work environment is excellent and the company is excellent. They just changed management and that is even much better than it was. Love seeing different things and different people instead of being stuck in a shop all day.
Pros
pay / growth
Fast moving, fast growing and succeeding beautifully
Diesel Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 24, 2012
There isn't a dull moment working at Interstate. The company is growing fast and keeps reaching its goals quarter-after-quarter, year-after-year. It's truly inspiring to be part of a company that has experienced exceptional success in the fleet repair industry.
Pros
really good pay, great culture, nice people
Cons
on call 24/7
Road warrior mentality needed
Road service mechanic (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PaJanuary 22, 2012
perform emergency repairs for customers on location *Repair and replace air brakes,starters and alternators *Adjust clutches and service transmission issues *Respond to and repair no start,crank and no start mechanical issues *service fuel lines and coolant systems *replace all parts as needed
Pros
you are supplied with work truck and nextel
Cons
have to be available 6 days a week 24 hours a day
Outstanding Company!
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 27, 2012
Great company to work for and earn a good living. Very detail oriented with caring leaders. The job is a bit of a challenge with the on call hours but the type of structure they have and the pay makes it all worth it. If anyone likes adventure this is the job for you.
Pros
pays well and independence
full time on call road mechanic,24/7 365 days a year
heavy duty road call mechanic/tech (Former Employee) –  Horsham, PAJuly 3, 2013
great company,really enjoyed the constant job differences that occured day to day.independent,self motivated,go getter type of work.the list of jobs that u will be doing is a wide veriaty of work.alot of road travel time.you can learn a great deal with this company
Horrible
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Horsham, PANovember 20, 2014
I would not recommend working here. The managers are rude and talk disrespectfully to there employees.
Cons
everything

Interstate Fleet Services Reviews by Location