Interstate Fleet Services Employee Reviews

Excellent place to work!!!
Dispatcher/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Horsham, PAApril 9, 2017
At Interstate you will be working hard and will be rewarded for your hard work. Slackers won't get much out of the being there.

A typical day here in call center includes inbound calls, inputting them into the system and dispatching the drivers.

Everyday I'm learning something new about trucks. The hardest part of the job is navigating all of the guys when its busy but you get use to it in no time.
Pros
Nice office in a really beautiful area, free coffee, relaxed dress code
Good Job
Dispatcher/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Horsham, PAApril 9, 2017
Really good job where you can learn a lot and be apart of a company that's growing. Lots of incoming calls and data entry. Hardest part of the job for me was learning different parts of the country that I was not familiar with. The culture is good now. More like a family atmosphere.
Pros
Nice office in a really beautiful area, free coffee, relaxed dress code
Do not consider employment here!!!
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Horsham, PAApril 8, 2017
This is the WORST job ive ever had!! Management is where the stress comes from which is awful. The manager speaks to you without any kind of respect..
Pros
Cons
There is no policy they look things up on google, As far as what to write people up for, They change there pay rate when ever and its not an increase either
Would not want to be anywhere else!
Diesel Technician (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 1, 2017
I love this company. I have learned so much from being here. I was hired after being at two other companies very similar however I was only paid commission. Here we have a guaranteed weekly pay which I absolutely love because now I have peace of mind of knowing my bills are going to get paid. When I got hired, they flew me out to their corporate office near Philadelphia PA, I got to see the east coast, meet everyone and drive my assigned truck home. This is the best job I've ever had.
Pros
Guaranteed Weekly Salary
Amazing organizaiton with a strong focus on growth
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Horsham, PAMarch 21, 2017
Exceptional company with a focus on growing employees and their overall growth. Owner has a real vision and its awesome being apart of it and seeing it come to life. that
Pros
Lots of growth potential for everyone.
Cons
Some bad apples at times, but the company seem to identify them quickly and get them out.
Great Place to Work! Growing business and a lot of opportunities
Dispatcher/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Horsham, PAMarch 21, 2017
I love this place. The company is growing a lot year after year and this gives a lot of options and room for career advancement. The company is a game changer in the industry and always gives recognition for the employees. I feel really good - I have freedom to present and implement my ideas freely and also I get credit for the ideas that are profitable. I can't ask for more. No dress code, a lot of fun people and a really nice environment. Of course, if your a person that lazy, always negative and looking to be apart of a organization where you can grow you most likely fall off due to their management not tolerated it but surely if you are a dedicated person with aspirations of growth and bettering yourself, this is the place to be.
Pros
Environment
Awful place to work
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Horsham, PAMarch 14, 2017
If you're considering this place, stop. It's just miserable. You won't advance, you won't make money, and you won't be treated well. Turnover is awful here for a reason - there's no culture other than penny-pinching their way through operations and everyone gets cheated a little bit (drivers, clients). I'm so glad to be out.
Pros
Nothing worth talking about
Cons
Unprofessional management, low pay, always being asked to do more while being treated like piece of trash
Love the job
Diesel Technician (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 29, 2016
Life at Interstate as a tech is pretty darn good. Decent salary to be on call which is nothing like where I used to work where I was on strict commission. I get a call, hop in the company truck, go do a road call and I come back home when I'm finish the job. If I need a few hours off, I just call in and ask and for the most part its never an issue. Best part about the job is being able to spend all the time I do at home with my family and still make a decent pay check every week.
Pros
Great work / home balance
Productive and fast paced work environment.
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Horsham, PAOctober 29, 2016
Work environment was fast. Had to be quick on your decision making skills and ready to face day to day obstacles that needed to be dealt with. Really enjoyed this job. I learned how to accomplish a lot in a short period of time. The owner was extremely helpful in my goals as a dispatcher and was very helpful when he needed to be. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the different personalities from the mechanics on a day to day basis, they could change at any moment. On the flipside the high energy and challenges that came with the job was the best part of it.
Pros
Steady hours
Cons
Some mechanics were a pain to deal with
very stressful
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Horsham, PAJune 17, 2016
There was lack of structure . Terrible work ours.
management wasn't untied. Very disorganized
too much expected for such little pay.
Bothered on your time off
Pros
as much over time as you want
Cons
stress level is unnecessary
Friendly and Professional Environment
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Horsham, PAJuly 13, 2015
Interstate Fleet Services is a place where opportunities are endless. Working with a staff that is more like family. Managers that are understanding and get the jobs done. Professional and busy environment that teaches hands on skills that will be carried for a lifetime.
Pros
Professional work environment, positive staff
Good company to work for
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Horsham, PANovember 27, 2014
Good company to work for. It's nice to be apart of a company that's focused on growth. Hard working group of people in management that always works to keep you motivated and on your toes.
Pros
Growing company
Horrible
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Horsham, PANovember 20, 2014
I would not recommend working here. The managers are rude and talk disrespectfully to there employees.
Cons
Challanging position increasing the company creating a national presence.
Director of Business Development/Operations (Former Employee) –  Horsham, PAJune 25, 2014
A typical day at work consisted of interviewing prospective employees, establishing relationships with fleet managers of the largest freight companies to negotiate contracts.

I also traveled when required to meet with out of state employees and to establish new territories. Further, I was also tasked with day to day operations management resolving issues both in the company and out in the field.

This experience provided me with a skill set which I am seeking to transition to help take a forward thinking company with expansion aspirations to meet their goals.
Cons
no healthcare
full time on call road mechanic,24/7 365 days a year
heavy duty road call mechanic/tech (Former Employee) –  Horsham, PAJuly 3, 2013
great company,really enjoyed the constant job differences that occured day to day.independent,self motivated,go getter type of work.the list of jobs that u will be doing is a wide veriaty of work.alot of road travel time.you can learn a great deal with this company
This company is a circus
Former Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  HorshamJune 21, 2013
This company is a circus. The Techs must wait up to an hour to purchase parts or gas, It is so embarrassing. I have never seen a company runs this way, A sibling and childhood friend who is a True Hood Rat runs over everyone. He pays very little with no sick time or benefits. If you have a problem and go to the owner he will blame you. There is no true leadership which is why there are not many long term employees. Work there at your own peril. When I quit, he refused to pay me.
Pros
Some very nice people
Cons
A Hood Rat runs the place.
Incompetent
Road tech (Current Employee) –  PAMay 13, 2013
There must be more than one Interstate Fleet Services cause I find it very hard to believe this many people are happy with the company. The only review I saw that nailed it was the second from the last guy. You wait forever to buy something as simple as gas for your vehicle or parts that are needed for a job. You get paid 40 hours salary to be on call 24/7 with no vacation pay(found that out the hard way, when my check was short with no notice). The dispatchers have no common sense and can make no decisions of their own without contacting the owner. I was also confused by one reviewer talking about how awesome upper management is, there is no managers, much less upper management at this company, one guy runs the whole show(as you can imagine, not very effectively given the company is in 23 states). In short, you are not allowed to make any decisions on your own and are treated like a kindergartner.
Pros
A company vehicle that hardly runs
Cons
No benefits, no vacation, no overtime, work 24/7, expect to be burned out quickly
Productive, fast paced, multi-tasking work environment.
Road Tech (Current Employee) –  ConnecticutApril 20, 2013
The work environment is excellent and the company is excellent. They just changed management and that is even much better than it was. Love seeing different things and different people instead of being stuck in a shop all day.
Pros
pay / growth
Really Really Good Company
Road Tech (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids IAMarch 15, 2013
I worked as a road tech for the company for close to a year. Always was treated good, paid well and really loved the job. The only thing for me is I am a single father and it got to be too much without having a support system for my two girls. The day I left, the owner came to the office where I turned my truck into, shook my hand, thanked me for all my hard work and said he welcomed me back if I was able to return at a later date. He handed me an envelope with what I thought was a bus ticket home but it was actually a plane ticket with $100.00 for me to get something to eat. The hotel I stayed at was the best hotel I have ever been at in my entire life. Everything was paid even the room service on top of the money they had already given me. To think these people treat you this way as a "departing emloyee" really says a lot about them. Going to miss you guys and I do hope to be able to return one day. Thank you for everything.
Pros
really good pay, good people, overall nice place to be employed
Cons
the on call hours was the only thing that was rough as single father.
Fast moving, fast growing and succeeding beautifully
Diesel Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 24, 2012
There isn't a dull moment working at Interstate. The company is growing fast and keeps reaching its goals quarter-after-quarter, year-after-year. It's truly inspiring to be part of a company that has experienced exceptional success in the fleet repair industry.
Pros
really good pay, great culture, nice people
Cons
on call 24/7

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Interstate Fleet Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Interstate Fleet Services Reviews by Location