Interstate Hotels & Resorts Employee Reviews

Fun and Productive
NIGHT MANAGER/NIGHT AUDITOR (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis County, MOJanuary 25, 2017
Given all the necessary tools and support as well as training in order to succeed.Management is very supportive and rewards each and every employee for their input. very open system.
Pros
Functions as a family
Cons
constant Interruptions during lunch
my work mates were exceptional
Shuttle driver/Banquet Server/breakfast attendant (Former Employee) –  Kenner, LAJanuary 10, 2017
all the people I worked with were friendly,paid holidays, you get empolyee lunches and dinners on your shift.it was close to my home I walked too work.
One of the largest hotel management companies
Night Audit/Desk Clerk/FOS (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 6, 2016
We have a great staff that really cares for each other. We believe in guest satisfaction and will do whatever it takes to make the guest happy.
If you'd like to work for free Interstate is the company for you!
Guest Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 24, 2016
Been working for this company which was taken over by Interstate Hotels. I've been employed for about 2 months and have yet to receive a paycheck from the company at all which here in Florida is referred to as Wage Theft. Had to get a lawyer involved. Bills are piling up, some are disconnected at this point. And I'm being taken into circles on why I have yet to reap the fruits of my labor.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks, no pay, not a professional setting, and again freel labor
very relaxing work environment
Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Gettysburg, PAAugust 22, 2016
I really have enjoyed being a part of the hospitality industry.
Working under sue chefs has been a learning experience i will value for years to come.
Pros
free lunches
Fun and fast paced
Stewardess (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJuly 20, 2016
A typiccal work day I came in and got right to wor. We stayed busy. I syewarded at weddings serving up to 300 people alone. Some of those nice was challanging but I never complained and they never complained about the overtime. The hardest part was stairs we had no elvator and 2 kitchens to stock wit 1 upstairs dishroom
Hard worker
Banquets Houseman (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 15, 2016
Available to work hard with responsibility and taking care working in the safety way. I can follow the instructions when the work require.
Job Growth Potential
Director of Revenue Management (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 2, 2016
There is no such thing as a typical day in the hospitality industry.
Interstate Hotels promoted an excellent culture of ever changing experiences. It is the variety in your work day that made these experiences so great.

I had great job growth opportunities with advancement from Front Office Management to Revenue Management and multi-property experience.
Challenging without the rewards that come with accomplishing goals
Payroll Specialist (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXMarch 7, 2016
There have been many management changes recently as well as lots of employee turnover that has made working here challenging and not in a way that feels like there is a light at the end of the tunnel.
Pros
Bagel Fridays
Cons
(starting) Rate of pay is low compared to like positions at other companies
Hospitaluty
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 26, 2016
Very expense based management company. Lots of resources to get answers should one need clarification or direction. Would work with Interstate again.

Want to know more about Interstate Hotels & Resorts?

Ask a question
Very fair company
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAFebruary 24, 2016
I have been a bartender under Interstate Hotels and Resorts for 3 years. They have wonderful opportunities for employees including world-wide employment transfers, discounts on hotels, competitive benefits and much more. I very much enjoy my employment with Interstate Hotels.
Pros
Hotel Discounts, Employee Benefits, Flexible Schedule
Cons
Management is typically "Hotel" trained instead of Restaurant trained.
Loved the relationships I've built with my customers
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAFebruary 23, 2016
I loved communicating with my staff at each of the hotels. We've built a relationship that made me eager to go to work. My floor supervisor wasn't very efficient in her job which made it harder to complete my job.
Productive and Comfortable work envirnment.
Housekeeing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 2, 2016
A typical day consist on getting together with the employees having stand up meetings every morning to review what is to be expected in order to keep a safe and comfortable workplace not only for the employees but most importantly the guest.

The toughest part of the job is when you have a heavy turn over and the majority of the hotels guest are checking out giving the housekeepers up to 26 rooms with at least 15 being checkouts.

The best part of the work day is at the end of the day when everything has calmed down and everyone is finished with their work. You get that sense of relief and everyone is ready for another successful day.
Learning alot about the hotel business
Accounting Clerk (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJanuary 5, 2016
Thankful for the opportunity to learn the ins and outs of the hotel business. Have learned many life lessons and meet some great people.
Busy place to work
banquets (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 14, 2015
Fast paced work environment. Managers try to instill a team first attitude. You are able to work a flexible schedule.You can make alot of money at a good party. Bartending gets good tips.
Pros
free lunch or dinner
Cons
long hours often late
Corporate management is out of touch with what is really happening on property
Mid level Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 22, 2015
Very reactive company. Not proactive. Corporate management is out of touch with what is really happening on property and seem to turn a blind eye to the true problems in upper management.
decline
Intuition Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 14, 2015
decline. I do not see how this is relevant to obtaining employment else where. I decline this step in the process. Decline.
Have a real sense of accomplishment
Controller/Traveling Controller (Former Employee) –  United StatesOctober 11, 2015
Covered properties with no controller, educated new controllers hired, performed transitions as needed. Traveled all over the United States depending on where there was a need for a Controller.
Pros
Meet new people, see areas of country, educate others
Cons
Away from home for too long periods of time
good place to work
Executive Chef (Current Employee) –  floridaSeptember 21, 2015
good place to work, not enough staff though to complete projects. red tape as usual In any big company, but they work with you well
Pros
benefits, pay, 401k
Cons
not enough staff
Fast pace ever changing work enviroment
ASSISTANT GENERAL MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Plainview, NYAugust 3, 2015
Interstate Hotels & Resorts is a supportive management company. Hotel is face pace, very demanding and rewarding place to work. Hard to balance home and work. Bottom line is very important along with customer satisfaction.
Pros
discount hotel rooms
Cons
very little balance between work and home

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Interstate Hotels & Resorts. Our community is ready to answer.

Interstate Hotels & Resorts Reviews by Location