Interstate Hotels & Resorts Employee Reviews

Be careful after a merger!
Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 16, 2017
Hilton came and just termed people without valid reasons. They work you hard wothout providing you with a work life balance. They use you to get info but then cut you.
Its a great place to work
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 14, 2017
The guests I encounter are about 50/50 on whether they'll be a hand full or really nice, but my coworkers are fantastic, and the pay is a little above average.
Pros
Free lunch/dinner, vacation time, and great benifits
Cons
Luxury establishment leads to ridiculous guests
Good benefits that’s about it
Maintenance Engineer (Current Employee) –  Dana Point, CADecember 2, 2017
Working here isn’t the best. If you’re not in management they don’t care about you like they say they do. Pay is low for the duties they expect you to do
Great Corporate Culture
Area Director of Revenue Management (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 23, 2017
I can not recommend working for Interstate Hotels & Resorts highly enough - the people and culture are great. They truly do care about their associates.
Not a great place
On call Banquet server (Former Employee) –  Maitland FloridaNovember 19, 2017
Management curses at you . You tell upper management and they do nothing. Very small hotel. Manager has favorites and only gives shift to his pets. Banquet department in Maitland.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Poor management
just bad all around
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  pgh pa 15204November 2, 2017
I just left from this job I worked in kitchen I was there at 5 and had food out by 6am everyday I crossed this job yes but your in the kitchen by your self you gets no help at all all you do is run back and forth trying to fill everything trying to take garbage out trying to clean tables you have no help pore management pay was bad just a bad place to work and way way to much drama
Pros
no they dont give you nothing they could care less
Cons
15 m8n breaks
Needs improvement
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Sanibel Island, FLOctober 31, 2017
The biggest issue is they own you.. especially if you live in housing. They expect a lot from you for little salary. They will work you up to 10 days straight without overtime based on how they schedule you. Upper management needs to do a better job of taking care of their own.
Pros
Employee housing, location
Cons
Pay, work/life balance, 401 k
Keep looking
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 20, 2017
Worst management ever. They have taken over properties hiered new people with no idea on how to do the job then expect them to train other new people. No support from upper management, always short handed and never have the supplies need to sugsessfully contour job.
Pros
Hotel discounts, medical insurance
Stressful. Fun. Fast paced. Lack of coverage.
Server (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAOctober 18, 2017
Overall a good place to work. Pay is good. Professional environment. Management is friendly. There is, however, alot of drama between employees. Easily managed schedule.
Pros
Good pay. Good management. Work for tips.
Cons
Lack of coverage.
Great company to work for
Task Force General Manager (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSOctober 11, 2017
Great resources and support from Management. Sometimes too many webinars and reports that sometimes seems unnecessary and take of time needed for staff and guest. Several, Work life balance could be better but that kind of goes along with being a hotel manager.
Pros
Bonus plans and incentives
Cons
Too much reporting
It was okay.
Human Resources Assistant (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAOctober 7, 2017
Work was okay but they pay was terrible. An HR Assistant should not be the worse paid employee.There is a lot of work and people in HR have a lot of responsibilities.
Development
Area Group Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 24, 2017
One quote stays with me, "If you take care of your employees, they will take care of the client. Employees want exciting, challenging jobs and they want to feel passionate about their work. They want to be inspired by the mission,be part of the company's growth and they want their individual contribution recognized. Lastly, employees want the company to help develop their skills through coaching, feedback and mentoring.
Nasty work place!
Engineer 3 (Former Employee) –  Macon, GASeptember 22, 2017
This is a nasty motel! Things that are broken and don't work require you to remove other working parts from other areas. Management doesn't care about the Motel or the employees there.
Pros
A place to work.
Cons
Nasty, things needed are never supplied to complete work.
Anonymous
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VASeptember 11, 2017
There are long hours with not much recognition, unless you are one of the favorites. Management is impersonal and unprofessional with little to no leadership skills. Interdepartmental communication is terrible. No accountability and no direction.
Pros
Non to list
Cons
Low Wages, Low Morale, No Opportunity for advancement
Nice hotel with many problems
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  livonia,miAugust 25, 2017
The AGM experience was a shift leader at McDonald's that was the
problem . The most enjoyable part of the job were the guests. The
hardest part of the job was the AGM who was a bad joke. WHAT DID I LEARNED HAVE A SENSE OF HUMOR
Pros
nice hotel
Cons
no management.
pay doesn't equal your value
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 14, 2017
IHR was a good place to work, however the pay doesn't equal the expectations in certain roles or industry standard. When you have good people you should do what you can to keep them
Loved working there
Banquet Coordinator, server, server supervisor (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALAugust 9, 2017
I absolutely loved my job, i was appreciated for the time I put into my job, and I would love to work for them again,
I put alot of pride in my work, to make sure I do my job correctly, and they always complimented me, and I continued to move up in positions there, because of that.
Pros
Work environment was the best.
Work Place
Front Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Biscayne, FloridaAugust 7, 2017
Very enjoyable work place. Always room for advancing. Offered many traning classes including guest satisfaction,security and safety classes. Classes also included treating your fellow employees with respect.
fun place to work
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 20, 2017
I got an opportunity to learn financial applications like Lawson and Black line.A typical work day is very busy Fun place to work. Co workers are very friendly.very good location
stressful and distant
Corporate Manager, Purchasing (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CAJuly 12, 2017
I was on the west coast and they are based in DC. Hard to feel like part of the team. Difficult to get a hold of co workers on a consistent basis. Training that was promised didn't happen.
Pros
travel
Cons
long hours, no team feel

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Interstate Hotels & Resorts. Our community is ready to answer.