Interstate Power Systems is a distributor for Detroit Diesel Engines, Allison Transmissions, MTU-Engines, MTU Onsite Energy Generators, Deutz Engines, Carrier Transicold Refrigeration and Waukesha Engines and Generators. We have been a market leader in the service industry for over 50 years, and we have excelled at providing solutions and adding value for our customers. Growth is a critical component of our business plan, and we are currently looking for a Parts Representative to help us in that growth.
Parts Representatives fulfill a critical role in our operations. They answer phones, interface with customers, reference parts, provide assistance to customers, and participate in inventory. They also provide support to the service department. This is a critical position in ensuring that the company is able to locate and secure parts for jobs to be completed in a timely manner. Making sure we can access the parts in an efficient and cost effective manner ensures we are representing our customer’s best interest.
- Provide parts support to our service center.
- Retail sales, both over the counter and on the phone.
- Shipping/receiving of incoming and outgoing freight.
- Involvement in inventory control.
- Parts running.
- Answer phones and provide customer service at the counter.
Ideal Candidate will possess the following qualities:
'Solid verbal, written and phone communication skills
- Strong organizational skills.
- Thoroughness (ability to see a task through to the end)
- Diesel parts/technology background
- The ability to multitask and work in a fast pace environment
Requirements for Parts Representative:
- Strong computer skills with the ability to quickly learn new software.
- Sales background and phone skills.
- Shipping/receiving and inventory control experience.
- Ability to work 40+ hours per week and to physically lift 50+lbs.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Excellent compensation
- Generous benefits including insurance options, vacation, holiday, and sick pay, 401(k) with employer match
Interstate is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage all qualified and interested persons to apply for this position by submitting a resume for consideration.