Intersys Consulting

Intersys Consulting Employee Reviews

Very professional, caring team
Technical Recruiter (Current Employee), Austin, TXMarch 5, 2014
Pros: management, professionalism, flex schedules
Cons: medical benefits are more expensive for families than i'd prefer
It is rare to work with such a dedicated group of folks. I enjoy their level of authenticity and professionalism. Dating back to early in my career, I have personally placed a high value on professionals who value follow-up in business, and Intersys really delivers on this. Specifically, from the Recruiting perspective, this group will never "go dark" on you. They always give you the courtesy of a return call or email.

Not only are the team members top-notch professionals who are truly dedicated to their field, they are genuinely family-oriented. Meaning, if you need to take time away to be with family, you are fully supported. Flex scheduling and a progressive management style is something I appreciate in a company.
Great sales not so great work
Contractor (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: work/life balance
Cons: don't work as contractor, work as a employee
Intersys Consulting has great sales team. They are exceptional well at bringing in new project. The typical work at Intersys involved in providing consulting services to clients. They lost two stars because of bad oversight on delivery of the projects.
Fast growing, vibrant, data warehouse focus.
Consultant (Former Employee), Austin, TXOctober 20, 2013
Pros: fast growing, vibrant, data warehouse focus.
Cons: communication on contact ending.
The company has uniquely position themselves one of few data warehouse and business intelligence specialized staffing company in Austin. Have witness company prominent growth in the past few years. My overall engagement had been pleasant. Mgmt and support staffs are available and helpful when there is a needs. It would be great, If consultant can be informed of contact end date, and consultant repurpose and place to new project one current assignment is come to a close.
Small growing company with great people.
Data Architect (Current Employee), Austin, TXOctober 6, 2013
Pros: work/life balance, challenging work
Cons: not great at keeping you up to date on contract renewal status
Worked several contract engagements with Intersys over the last few years. They are a great, motivated, yet laid back company (It's an Austin thing). The people have diverse backgrounds and all work together like an extended family. They expect you to be mature and professional (no they won't hold your hand) but they are all willing to help out where needed. Customer satisfaction and a job well done are key to their motivation and success. If you agree with that philosophy then this is your company.
Industry Leader and Great Place to Work
Account Director (Current Employee), Austin, TXSeptember 16, 2013
Pros: leader in the bi/big data space, genuine
I have been with Intersys for over 5 years, and plan on being here for many more to come. As Intersys has grown (4x INC5000 member), they have maintained a foundation of integrity that many companies lose sight of. They hire the best and treat them like professionals, allowing the employees to drive the success of the organization.

Expectations are high and constant evolution and growth create numerous challenges, but that is part of what makes the job enjoyable. Combine that with a genuine focus on the well-being of employees, and you have a great place to call home.
Fast Growing Consultancy Practice focused on Datawarehousing
Account Director (Current Employee), Austin, TXMay 21, 2013
Pros: family, quality of life, focused on growth
Cons: growing pains
The management team at InterSys sets the tone. They are focused on Integrity, Accountability, and Communication. This is a group of highly skilled professionals who are keenly aware of the importance of good work and family. It has been a real pleasure working here - couldn't see myself leaving.
Do not do contract work with Intersys
J2EE Dev (Current Employee), Austin, TXApril 30, 2013
Pros: drawing a blank
Cons: too many as mentioned
I've worked for this company for a year. The only thing I have recieved is email demands to sign an employee agreement which was horribly copied from a third party compensation tool with ridiculous language not applicable in a right to work state such as Texas. And, stupid "name the team mascot" or "send us your photo so we can build a consultant wall in our office" (oh joy) email from the home office. – more... The management is non existent. Some of the other specialist contractors hired for the same project are ILL QUALIFIED for the position they are placed. Only for client management, who have entrusted them to find a qualified candidate, to find out in a few months we have to scrap what we are doing since we have recieved poor counsel from a so called "SME" located by Intersys. Can't wait to find another client or any other contract house to work for in Austin. – less
Great work environment
Office Staff (Former Employee), Austin, TXApril 24, 2013
I worked for InterSys for over a year and loved every minute of it. I would still be working there now except that a job opportunity for my spouse caused us to move away from Austin. The company culture, values, and work environment are amazing. There aren't many companies that I have worked for in the past that are as awesome in these areas as InterSys is. The executive management team is great too as they are very approachable and always looking out for ways to expand the business. I would highly recommend InterSys Consulting to anyone looking to join a growing IT consulting firm.
One of the Best in Big Data and Analytics
Consultant (Current Employee), Austin, TXApril 20, 2013
Pros: family friendly, high integrity, open communication
I have worked at many consulting/contracting firms in my career and I can definitely say that none of them have ever cared more about their employees or gone out of their way to meet their needs like Intersys. There have been so many cases where Intersys has gone way beyond what would be expected in making sure that its employees and contractors are taken care of in situations where most firms would have left them out in the cold. I am thankful to have found Intersys and would highly recommend them to anyone considering consulting or contracting work in data warehousing, business intelligence, or data analytics.
May be the Worst Staffing Agency
IT (Former Employee), Austin, TXMarch 14, 2013
I've worked for several contracting houses to support IT corporations in Austin for a decade. These guys are likely the worst contracting agency in the area. The payroll guy is a jerk when you forget to send in a timesheet. I think they are more interested in getting their mark up than making sure you are doing a good job at a client site - OR - are satisfied with the work environment at the client site. If you are looking at an IT position in the Austin area -- go with a different temp staffing company. These guys deserve zeros in their ratings......
Pick a different Contract Agency - not this one
Contractor (Former Employee), Austin, TXFebruary 18, 2013
Pros: i do get paid on time
Cons: no commitment, no collaboration for the next gig
I've worked as a contractor for many companies - large national groups and smaller local companies. These guys are small and local, at best. Basically when you work as a contractor you hire pimps to represent you -- the contract agency. Like these guys. I get it -- they get paid and I get paid. I'd say nice things about them, but they get their money and that's all they care about. No contact; no communication; – more... no indication they are interested in your well being representing them. No end of contract collaboration to find you the next gig when your project is over. I could not even tell you what my recruiter or client representative looked like - and I worked for them for almost 2 years. If you want to work together to stay employed beyond the duration of a contracted project, do whatever you can as a contractor to be represented through a different contract agency that has more local relationships and interest in keeping you rolling in projects. These guys don't give a hoot. If I were an employer looking to find a contract house to run temp positions through - keep looking. – less

Intersys Consulting Salaries