Intertech, Inc.

Intertech, Inc. United States Employee Reviews

Support and encouragement from leadership team
Relationship Manager (Current Employee), Eagan, MNApril 20, 2012
Pros: 3 month paid sabbatical every 7 years, flexible schedule with work from home opportunity
I enjoy coming to work every day where I am treated fairly and with respect. My manager, who happens to be one of the partners, is very supportive and encouraging. I have a great deal of respect for the leadership team at Intertech, men of honor and integrity. There aren't office politics, just people who truly enjoy working together toward a common goal which is clearly communicated by our CEO.
Management Cares
Consultant (Current Employee), Eagan, MNApril 18, 2012
Pros: free pop in the break room
It seems like it's rare to find a company where the management still cares more about its people than lining their pockets. The leaders of Intertech are all people who are easy to admire, and I am proud to be affiliated with them. They stress the importance of continued education and are always supportive of family commitments. Definitely a great place to work for great people.
Good work opportunities and good people.
Senior Developer (Current Employee), Eagan, MNApril 18, 2012
Intertech has a flexible work schedule and opportunities for remote as well as onsite development. They encourage developers to get involved in speaking and offer opportunities for teaching courses. They do a good job of recruiting people with a positive attitude. I have found the developers to be talented and willing to share their knowledge. Management has been much more supportive and open than I have found elsewhere. Overall, it has been the best place I have worked in the Twin Cities.
Productive and fun place to be
Senior Software Consultant (Current Employee), Greater Minneapolis-Saint Paul Area, MNApril 18, 2012
Pros: great management, benefits and wonderful team.
Cons: deep focus on employee util, effects benefits or work-life balance
At Intertech you work with some of the brightest technical minds in the industry in the twin cities area. Employees are willing to collaborate in the best interest of the company. Intertech is growing as a company and its market coverage and revenue is improving over the years, not to mention the remarkably improved office and infrastructure\training space recently. Employees have access to software products as well as are provided a good amount of training opportunity. Benefits are generally good.
Great Firm. Great Work. Great People.
Management (Current Employee), Saint Paul, MNApril 18, 2012
Pros: great work, profit sharing plan, equity sharing plan, sabbatical, option to work 9 - 9 hour days
Intertech is the winner of over two dozen awards for a great and growing work environment. For technical professionals, because Intertech is also a training firm, the firm is "out in front" on new technologies with cutting edge projects and training is readily available.

---

The following comments are just a few collected by the Minneapolis / St. Paul Business Journal while surveying for the “Best Places To Work” edition.

• “By far the best place I have ever worked. Great communicators, great repeat customers, great brand marketing. I feel this organization genuinely cares for me as a person and values me as an asset every day.”

• “I really love working -in- Intertech. Not -with- Intertech, but working -as part of- Intertech. I feel as though I am the IN in INtertech.”

• “Intertech consistently fosters open and positive communication between workers and between management and employees. This is especially challenging in a consulting organization where most are working off site at client offices.“

• “Intertech's focus on technology leadership gives me the opportunity to grow as a leader and architect.”

• “I have never experienced a workplace like Intertech. The Owners and Management have created a unique environment. If I could define a workplace of my dreams, I could not have imagined it would be as good as Intertech.”

---

Intertech employees receive a solid compensation – more... package, and recognition for a job well done. In addition, Intertech consultants receive:

• A year-end bonus tied to utilization

• A bonus through Intertech’s PPP (Profit Participation Plan)

• Overtime for hours billable to a client

• Paid Vacation

• A stake in a growing firm, with a share growth that outpaces the Dow and NASDAQ, through Intertech’s EPP (Equity Participation Plan)

• Sabbatical (3 months of vacation for every 7 years of service)

• Full benefits package, to include: medical, dental, long and short-term disability life insurance and a 401(k) with company match.

• Internal recognition through a colleague acknowledgment program — peers recognize peers for living Intertech values — to include quarterly parties with drawings for gift cards and prizes for both nominees and nominators.

• Optionally Work 9 – 9 hour days (based on client approval)

• Casual dress at the Intertech office 5 days a week. – less
Great place to work for serious professional developers/trainers
Principal Consultant (Current Employee), Mpls/St. PaulApril 18, 2012
Pros: great management team, talented colleagues, great benefits, and great work.
I work on the consulting side of the fence at Intertech and whether you are most comfortable as a heads down coder, like to take the Architectural lead, or even teach an occasional class or present at one of our user groups Intertech is a great place to work. The members of the management team are top notch professionals, no drama here. We have an open book and open door policy; we get monthly business and financial updates. My Colleagues are very talented developers, if you are in a technical bind somebody is always willing to help out even if they are on another project. Even though many of us spend most of our time at a customer site, Intertech manages to promote a sense of team with quarterly gatherings, a summer picnic, holiday parties, and summer cookouts. I joined Intertech several years ago having first been a customer for about 9 years. It has been an exceptionally good move for me and my Family.
Great People doing great work
Sales (Current Employee), EaganApril 18, 2012
Pros: positive attitudes, commitment to team approach, excellence in customer satisfaction
Intertech exudes passion, drive, initiative, creativity and fostering of a respectful work/family balance. This firm is comprised of partners and employees that genuinely have success because of the manner in which it approaches business. We definately have our share of fun with all-company quarterly meetings, Friday cookouts, and Summer/Winter parties. Intertech attracts top-tier talent because we retain great clients with great project results. This firm definately communicates with the staff very well. Whether its financial reports, latest accomplishments or future changes, Intertech does a great job ensuring all staff members know not only where they stand, but where the company as a whole stands. Intertech encourages staff to give back to the community and proves it by offering time off to volunteer at Ronald McDonald House! As an employee, you won't feel like just a "number" or just another staff member; here you will feel like you are the reason for Intertech's successes and your contributions are definately recognized. Employees are surrounded by premier talent everyday and co-workers like to embrace new ideas, collaborate on projects and share the drive to succeed.
Great People, Great Work
Sales (Current Employee), EaganApril 17, 2012
Pros: paid ot, sabbatical, great coworkers, and great projects
The thing the I appreciate the most about Intertech is that everyone my coworkers are excellent. I know I can always count on them to take the time to help me when needed and there is always someone who can teach me something, at the same time there are opportunities for me to share my knowledge & expertise with them.

Also the project we get to work on are fun, challenging and make an measurable impact for our clients. Our work matters and is appreciated by the firm and our clients.

It's great to be a part of a company that does training for all the top firms, which helps me stay current on the latest developments in the industry.

It's also an enviroment where people get noticed for their contributions.

About Intertech, Inc.

Founded in 1991 by local entrepreneur Tom Salonek, Intertech, Inc. has grown from a one-person shop to the largest combined software – Read more

Intertech, Inc. Photos