intertek Employee Reviews

Great communication and leadership
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 13, 2017
Working and handling projects between labs not only across the USA but the entire world would usually be an impossible task. Intertek management and employees always made the easy. Great leadserhip and communication made this my favorite employer.
No team work
Business Development Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 12, 2017
It is a very individual work. Employees work just to finish their task and no more. Management no recognize employees effort. Instead they are threats. No room for mistakes, and improve. You do a mistake a you may get threat to fire you.
Very stressful
PETROLEUM INSPECTOR (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 11, 2017
Intertek is a good company to work for if you don't have a family, the work life balance is very poor due to the nature of the work. Ships come in regularly and birth upon availability. So the job owns you 7 days a week 24 hours a day you're on call. An individual cannot plan any family or personal time. Also if you take vacation weekends are part of your vacation time due to Inspectors being on call 24-7.
Not too bad
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Deer Park, TXJuly 11, 2017
This company is not bad at all. The culture is not a bad at all. Based on the industry of continuous on call the work life balance is not well. I've reached a point in my life where family is twice as important than phone calls and emails.
Pros
Good healthcare, great culture, not bad salary
Cons
No work life balance.
Decent pay, decent hours, good co-workers, not so good management
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJuly 7, 2017
Enjoyed my job and working alongside project managers, did not enjoy the disrespectful division/upper level management. Often ended in manager upset because they were not aware of what was going on in their department.
24/7 on-call
Inspector (Current Employee) –  Kapolei, HIJune 27, 2017
It's hard to have a balanced life, because there aren't any set days off or schedule. The hardest part of the job was having to climb up the refinery fuel tanks at 2 a.m. collecting fuel samples and gauging fuel contents. My sleep pattern would be irregular.
Pros
guarantee 40 hours paid work week
Cons
dangerous, upredictable work schedule
Workflow Abundant with Global Re-brand
Global Marketing Manager, Graphics (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILJune 19, 2017
Dynamic team with little turn around. On the job experience and will pay for your full education should you want to expand your knowledge on the department you are in.
Pros
Great Benifits
Cons
Parking
No Good (just two words)
Global Director / Strategy (Former Employee) –  New JerseyJune 14, 2017
Unfortunately poor management and lack of executive oversight has put the business in a "death spin". They have forced out most 15+ yrs vets..no good!
Pros
cannot think of any in recent years
Cons
doing the job of 3 with the pay of 1
Fun work environment
DOCUMENT REVIEW ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXJune 13, 2017
I enjoyed working in the office at Intertek. I loved doing data entry and checking over documents to make sure everything was correct. The work environment was a fun environment.
Looking to be at home for a change
Non destructive testing tech (Current Employee) –  TexasJune 11, 2017
There is no room for advancement at intertek and I have spent 100% of my career out of town. We were all Hi-Tech employees and were purchased by Intertek. We lost our free insurance and two bonuses a year and were not compensated for the loss. Our office in Longview won't get us new certifications. We still make good money on the road but the people that were actually intertek make considerable more money and some of them don't have the certifications others do.
Pros
Lots of money
Cons
Away from home
Every job has their issues
Billing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cortland, NYMay 31, 2017
Overall a good place to work with awesome PTO packages and benefits. The corporate culture is professional and friendly, but they do value family and taking time off to support work life balance. That is an important quality for an employer.
Pros
4 weeks PTO when hired
Cons
Advancement is slow
Very Sporadic
Inspector, Level (Current Employee) –  TexasMay 31, 2017
On call 24/7 never any days off its hard to be able to plan anything at home. On the contrary, lots of overtime and benefits such as health insurance are above average.
Pros
The money is good for no education
Cons
Your time is extremely limited
Great learning opportunity
Support Analyst, Order to Invoice Support Team (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 26, 2017
I greatly enjoyed my time at Intertek. I learned many new and exciting accounting software programs. I found my coworkers to be very friendly and professional. My supervisors were always ready to listen and help me with any and all questions. My immediate supervisor was very knowledgeable about the various software and a patient teacher.
Pros
great learning experience
High Volume Workload
Quality Engineer Medical/ Auditor (ISO) (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMay 24, 2017
Depends on position; I had multiple roles which required me to travel extensively and be away from home frequently. Great training and learning opportunities, but worklife balance can offset the family life.
Benefits
Cons
Extensive Travel
Good company to work for
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 22, 2017
Got a lot of good training and I got to meet different people. some of the sites I went to we're pretty ok to work at and others were not due to some of the workers.
Pros
You get good training there
Cons
You never know when you're gonna be moved to another site
Great company !!
Logistics Coordinator, Level III, Shell MARS TLP (Current Employee) –  Mars TLPMay 21, 2017
Company that keeps its employees and contractors their first and foremost concern. 5+ years with them and have enjoyed every minute of it. Always looking out for the employee.
Starter job
Measurement Technician (Current Employee) –  Lake Arthur, LAMay 18, 2017
Great place to start out and get some great experience. Benefits are amazing and compensation is very competitive. Management is a big problem and always has been. Life/work balance is horrible.
Pros
Benefits compensation
Cons
Management life/work balance
No advancement with economy decline
CAD Operator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 11, 2017
No bonus, no raise, no merit increase, more responsibility, tighter deadlines. The economy has been hard on Intertek. Their execution is backwards and unorganized..
Pros
Good benefits!
Only work here as a stepping stone or if too stupid to do anything else
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 10, 2017
On call constantly. Would leave the house and return 3 days later. My wife thought I had a girlfriend. No safety department whatever. Working in excess of a 100 hrs a week in a difficult job with no support. I had to leave after a management change that axed 50% of the help. This left me working so much I was literally enemic from the lack of sleep and nutrition. The management is all ignorant uncaring rednecks who do an incredibly poor job of it and hire all their equally moronic relatives to work there. It wasn't like this before the change under mainly European and college educated managers we worked hard together as a team but with a good environment, safety standards and fair compensation.
Pros
paycheck every 2 wks
Cons
Overworked, underpaid and abusive managers
Dead end job
Additives Inspector (Former Employee) –  Saint Rose, LAMay 8, 2017
Intertek is by far one of the worst companies I've ever worked for. Seemed like every week they were shorting me on the hours I worked. Never reimbursed me for any work related expenses. And practically impossible to get raises are move up in the company.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at intertek. Our community is ready to answer.