Inteva Products Employee Reviews

Drama
Mods (Current Employee) –  Gadsden, ALDecember 20, 2016
The scheduling is problematic, you have a shift schedule but they will not let you know if you have to come in early or work overtime until fifteen minutes before the end of your current shift. You cant plan anything. I have learned way too much about people's personal lives and am amazed at the little groups that are formed with the co-workers. There is a tight group of girls in the front office that talk about everyone else in the place. Who sleeps with who, who has std's, etc. They talk about everyone and it gets spread around and causes issues with people in the back and its hard to get work done. Management doesn't seem to care, so it runs rampant, even as far as outside of 1st shift. The hardest part of the job is the scheduling and dealing with the chatter. The enjoyable part is keep my head down and just working. I need the money or I would be out of here.
Pros
consistent pay and work
Cons
drama and spread of peoples private lives throughout the workplace
Drama drama drama at inteva. Thats all it is no doubt!
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Gadsden, ALOctober 21, 2016
The department I worked in was always drama. The team leader blamed everyone for something that 1 person did. The supervisor and team leader doesn't get along and they both tell you different things to do and never on the same page so likely your going to get yelled at by one of them.
Cons
Doesnt give raises, insurance is high for family coverage
They were a great company with a solid core team
2nd Shift Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 5, 2016
I enjoyed each day coming in to work with my fellow members , we even took a paycut to help keep general motors in business and when it came time to be paid to scale they instead cut our contract. The job was fantastic ,paid well, plenty of opportunity for overtime, and advancement. Overall was a great company to work for when it existed.
Pros
solid hours to choose from, plenty of overtime, great management, great team
Cons
wasn't in the safest of areas
Probationary Period
Production Team Member (Former Employee) –  Cottondale, ALDecember 16, 2016
You're not allowed to miss more than 2 days during your first 90 days on the job. They fired me even thought i had an excuse from the doctor for the week. (I was in a car accident)... They could care less about the well being of their workers.
Inteva
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 16, 2016
Could be a better environment if people were held accountable. Management would let employees get away with lots of offenses and this put stress on the ability to meet goals.
Great company to excel with
Customer Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cottondale, ALMarch 10, 2016
When I was a member of the Inteva family, I gained valuable knowledge and skills that i use daily in my current position. Over the years I was awarded several promotions because of my attitude, work ethics, dedication, and how I present myself as a hard worker. In doing these numerous positions, I gave my all and nothing less of my best.This experience has helped me at my current job with Faurecia.
Pros
Promotions, Bonuses, Raises, Incentives
Good working space.
Forklift Operator Certified (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXJanuary 30, 2017
Great working environment, secure and safe. Great supervisors, friendly. Great hours, learned to work well with others.
Pros
Good Supervisors
Interesting Projects
Purchasing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Troy, MINovember 10, 2016
The position required daily data entry into an internal database to ensure required parts are received from suppliers in a timely manner. I was expected to collaborate with co-workers to work on internal improvements and projects of interest.
good pay scale but alot of over time required. Union and office seems to function well together.
Team member (Current Employee) –  Adrian, MIJanuary 24, 2015
A typical day may start at 4 am and end at 4:30 pm there were times when communication caused a delay in progress. No material no work getting done. Each department depends on another and when the material is ready the people really work hard and get production out. Better communication between departments and shifts is needed. Some areas in the plant had a family atmosphere within their teams and others a lot of drama. I did not have any problems working with anyone. I liked my job. The pace of it finally got to me and I need to scale back a bit. I want to use my degrees and there is no chance for advancement here for me.
Pros
good insurance, good breaks, Supervisors and line leaders work with you to get the production out.
Cons
long days sometimes hard work
Productive and fun place
Assembly line worker (Former Employee) –  Gadsden, ALSeptember 8, 2015
I will have to say that this was a great job. The team that I worked with was AWESOME. We helped each other and if it was a problem we will communicate and fixed the problem. I had a lot of help from management.
Benefits
Cons
point system
Good productive place to work.
Molding Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Adrian, MIJuly 28, 2015
Start day off by setting up run plan and getting operators in their correct positions. Followed up by staff meetings and then walking the floor to see what and where we are at from the following shift. During the day completing multiple layered audits to insure FTQ process, PM sheets, and production sheets are being done. Making sure all Husky presses are running inside tolerances on PM sheets to insure parts are within specifications. Completing 1 SOT per week along with team leader and union rep. ending the night with pass down communication with next shift supervisor.
Pros
Location close to home
Cons
Upper management does not show respect.
Production
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 16, 2016
Worked on an assembly line and ran the station(s) smoothly
Trained others on how to operate the the station(s)
Helped others to complete their jobs when needed
Maintained integrity of the station(s)
very stressful, unfair, unreasonable workplace environment
consoles, sunroof maker and tester (Former Employee) –  Gadsden, ALOctober 27, 2014
I care not to comment about the work conditions, management and the treatment at my last employer. Let's just say it was a bad experience from the start and continued until I had to leave the company to protect my sanity, dignity and integrity. You don't want me to describe the unbearable, intolerable work schedule and hours with No Time Off At ALL nor the discrimination and unfair treatment that exists daily.
I have to stop there before I say too much and get on my soap box.
I am looking for a position working with Medical Records, Office Administration, Case Management, etc. in a stable company or agency in social and family services.
Thank you Indeed for your support and assistance. My resume is posted online for your convenience.
Pros
stable weekly paycheck
Cons
No Off Days AT ALL, a lot of management problems, constant turnover of workers, and that's just a few examples
Great people but job could be stressful
Product Control and Logistics Intern (Former Employee) –  KSAugust 7, 2013
We made dashboards for the GM plant about 15 minutes away. We had about a 90 minute lead time so we constantly had to keep our line running or shut down the big plant. Working in logistics we had to keep enough product on hand to build the cockpits but not to overrun our limited warehouse space. The frustrations came from an unwillingness to dictate to suppliers what would work better to cut down shipment frequencies and cost. Also frustration came from not enough people knowing how to do other jobs. Certain people could never take time off because no one could fill in for them in coordinating shipments.
Pros
salary, hours
Cons
hard to take time off
Working as a team always brings a sence of pride and accomplishment.
Manufacturing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Adrian, MIJuly 18, 2012
My day would start with having a meeting with all of management before the start of the shift to go over any quality issues, costumer issues, dock sorts, and the daily scheduled production. I would make sure that molding was given me the correct product and that assembly was going to get what they needed to cover their daily requirements.
The reason I had the meeting was to create a team effort to accomplish the task's and goal's for the day. I beleive in the team concept. I also learned how to think out side the box. I worked with upper management on lean processes, 5S process, and continuous improvement. I would also work with the engineer's to understand the technical side of the buisness so that I could help to improve processes or help find root causes when there was down time.
When I created a team environment everyone knew my expectations
and we all worked as a team to accomplish our goals. I grew very close to my team and loved working with all of them.
The most enjoyable part of the job for me is to work as a team to accomplish goals that make a buisness conpetetive in the current market.
Inteva Products
assembly (Current Employee) –  Gadsden, ALMarch 19, 2015
I enjoy my job at the plant but, they cut overtime and have been sending us home early. I cannot survive on less than $300.00 per week. So I am seeking a full time job with better pay. My co workers are lazy and don't do their job and with working on the line I have to cover their job so the line will continue to run, and Management doesnt care as long as it gets done.
Pros
it is an income
Cons
working 3x harder than the rest to get job done
Great Learning Environment
Associate Account Manager, Sales & Marketing (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIJune 27, 2012
A typical day at the office is full of meetings with customers via web based interaction and or face to face visits. Myjob consist of making sure that we supplie and assist the customer to the best of our ability while staying competitive with the demands of the market. I've learned many great disciplines as it relates to the automotive industry. The culture of Inteva is remarkable for an organization that is young and growing.
unorganized plant
seal operator (Former Employee) –  Gadsden, ALJune 10, 2015
Inteva Products is an unorganized work environment. They are a union plant for no reason b/c the union refuses to fight for you all the way to human resources. Inteva products care nothing about employees or the health. A typical work week thru Inteva products is a disaster. You work from day to day not knowing if you will be workin 8,10, or twelve hour shift for the day or mandatory overtime for the weekend. I worked third shift, which was suppose to be sun-Thursday nights. Supervisor will tell employees Friday morning before leaving that we are working mandatory 7 days. I was continuously threated and harassed by regular employees as well as quality inspectors. Union and Human resources where very aware of the problems along with documentations. No issue was resolved. The job started to effect my health outside of work including my blood pressure being almost stroke level at the end of each shift.
an interesting place to work
molding team member (Current Employee) –  Adrian michiganJanuary 2, 2016
ok place to work, can make a lot of money if you love OT. a lot of favoritism. one of the better paying jobs in the area. UAW plant
Pros
good pay
Cons
OT
A good place to work
Foam Technician (Current Employee) –  Gadsden, ALJune 15, 2013
Working at Inteva Products is fun. I have learned so much about foam machines, how to repair inflatable seals.How to replace Iso orifices in the foam heads, changing out vacuum pumps and filters.
Pros
off on Hoildays
Cons
Sometimes we work long hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Inteva Products. Our community is ready to answer.