Intouch Credit Union

Intouch Credit Union Employer Reviews

Job security should increase
Call Center Banker/Loan Officer (Former Employee), Plano, TXJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: great team
Cons: job security
Not a bad place to work for, I just wish their job security was more stable.
Goal oriented work atmosphere with emphasis on personal achievement.
Member Care Senior PFA (Former Employee), Plano, TXJuly 12, 2013
Pros: anyone is a resource, from the newest employee to the ceo.
Cons: as a smaller company, overtime can be excessive when there is turnover.
The Main focus at this job is to ensure member financial security and meet their needs when they indicate a necessity for loans or accounts, etc.

Management is very hands on with their employees and take an active interest in helping them succeed.

Co-workers are personable and offer their expertise to newer employees.

The most difficult part of the – more... job is the pressure for sales and bring in more business. As with any job in a field where there is more supply than demand, it is the one who offers the best service that succeeds.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the positive feedback from members. – less
57% turnover tells the story
Sr. PFA (Former Employee), PlanoMarch 24, 2013
Pros: people try to rally to keep each other lifted up and pay is favorable
Cons: executive "leadership" is out-of-touch at intouch
This place is not a good place to work. The executive leadership fosters a high turnover environment. They have about 57% turnover right now, and all the employees who leave do much better elsewhere (because they're actually great employees who ITCU tries to hinder). The culture is awful, morale is terrible, and leadership has all the respect of a substitute – more... teacher - none - and it's what they deserve for creating a fear-based, fear-motivated culture. Front-line/branch employees have it the worst. The expectations are unreasonable, and if they were reasonable, ITCU wouldn't have a hard time keeping a full staff. They think how they treat their employees is ok. In the words of Dr. Phil, "Oh yeah...and how's that working for you?" High turnover is the result...so if that's what they want to accomplish, they're on the right track. – less
Rare Opportunities to Advance
Team Lead (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVFebruary 25, 2013
Pros: 401k
Cons: taking advantage of the employees - working many hours for pennies
Not many opportunities to advance in this company.
Co-workers are great to work with.
Management does not allow any type of fun - feeling of walking on "egg shells" every day.
Productive, busy and a great team
Customer Service Representative (Contract) (Former Employee), Plano, TexasDecember 11, 2012
I typical day at work consisted of getting to the office early getting everything set up for the day and making sure that all of my documents and follow ups were in order. Next, I learned a tremendous amount of things working at Intouch from how to open up accounts and close accounts, learning how automobile and home loans are done. Also, I learned – more... how to CD rates, Ira rates, roth accounts and bonds.
The management team was great, they were there for me whenever I needed to ask them a question about any and everything.
The hardest part of my job was when I was not able to help a member out with a problem or situation and I had to transfer them over to another associate.
The most enjoyable part of my job as was when I was able to help a member out with a problem or certain situation. – less
Review
Personal Financial Assistant (Former Employee), Frisco, TXAugust 12, 2012
I was a loan officer and I did loan application as well as fund the loan and ran credit and review the credit and help people improve there credit score.
Confused about vision and Huge turn around time
Branch Manager (Current Employee), Plano, TXJune 15, 2012
Pros: paid expenses, community involvment.
Cons: empty promises, low bonuses, and underpaid for a sales position.
Learned about indirect/direct lending.
Sold financial products and services to better suit our members needs.