Intrawest Employee Reviews

Staff at sunspot was 45 min late and took weed brakes on the hour
server sunspot 2016 (Former Employee) –  winterparkJune 16, 2017
Drunk manager I went to HR about issue late staff managers that hide . They are rude to work for and clueless management that hire a staff that reflects there lack of ability .
Pros
99 cent frozen pizza for lunch
Cons
you wont be able to pay rent
Sells out anyone below the C-Suite
Technology VP (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 9, 2017
This company is all about making money for the executives and investment holding company. Strategy driven by a Wall Street perspective with vision for technology.
Great job
Corporate Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Steamboat Springs, CODecember 31, 2016
This is a great company to work for and has fantastic benifits for its workers that enjoy the ski industry. I would recommend a job with this comanpy for anyone.
Great for extra money - unless you hold a degree, this isn't for you
Rental Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Snowshoe, WVOctober 19, 2016
Worked various jobs in various locations. Not bad of work but managers and employee treatment could use some major changes. Employees are not permitted to park close to where they work. They must walk or shuttle to their job site. Vehicles are not looked after very good by security due to my tire falling off on the way home one evening. Someone had stollen all of my lug nuts while at work. Managers have hardly any courtesy for employees when they go the extra mile. Very few recognize you for it. If you can stand being talked down to by guests that have credit cards that resemble poker cards and apologize for the weather after they paid top dollar to ski in, then sign up. If not, it's best to look for something else.
Pros
Free skiing
Cons
Management & employee treatment
Reservation and tickets sales
Reservation Agent (Former Employee) –  Steamboat Springs, COSeptember 26, 2016
Phone system knowledge, reservation computer software knowledge, concierge service, knowledge of ski mountain and local events. Knowledge of ski & snowboard school and lessons.
Pros
Free Pass
Snowshoe Spa is a horrible place to work!
Cosmetologist (Former Employee) –  Snowshoe, WVAugust 27, 2016
I worked for the spa, horrible "manager"! One of the worst managers I ever had. Treated her employees so wrong, told everyone your business & didn't want to do her job. She has no idea what it takes to be in the beauty industry. She will screw you over & over until you have nothing left to give. The pay isn't worth the stress. Couldn't even find help for weddings because they screw over everyone who tries to help.
Pros
The clients & some coworkers
Cons
The stress & the "management"
Great place to work. The Co./Management encourage healthy life style
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Executive AssistantJuly 26, 2016
In season it's a fast paced environment. Must be willing to help out where ever needed. I've worked with Senior Management as well as front line employees and everyone is as important as our Guests. Co workers are a great group of people with all different skill sets. The hardest part of the job would be dealing with unhappy guests. I love everything my job entails.
Pros
Free skiing/riding. Access to Sports Center and Golf.
Serious lack of qualified upper management in F&B
Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Mammoth Lakes, CAJune 20, 2016
I worked here for the winter season of 2015-2016 which was a record breaking season revenue wise for this hotel and the "chef" that I worked under obviously didn't care at all about the restaurant he was in charge of running. Employees would regularly go a month without even seeing him and he never did any work whatsoever in the kitchen. I can understand having an executive chef in a large establishment that never works in the kitchen but this business is small in comparison and he simply was never there. He would throw everyone to the wolves and just leave or go eat in the dining room with his wife as the restaurant was insanely busy with multiple events taking place going out of the same kitchen. It's truly amazing that he wasn't fired in the time I was there. In fact I'm shocked that he wasn't fired in the first month he worked there. All of the truly qualified cooks including myself quit in the last 4 months and now his philosophy is to only hire entry level Mexicans that don't really know what they're doing so that his practices won't be questioned. These practices include purchasing 6 months or more worth of filet mignon and freezing it, buying stouffers frozen lasagne for events, prepping food in huge bulk and freezing it for use months later and purchasing the cheapest quality meats and produce possible. He also never created one dish in the entire time I worked there and never trained a single employee. If this chef still works there, don't even think about applying. I've worked in this industry for almost 2 decades and he is without question the worst chef I have ever  more... known...  less
Pros
Good property, benefits, co-workers, gm
Cons
Worst chef ever
Summer Job
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Sandestin FlAugust 2, 2015
Summer job, not a career. Very demanding job. Outside weather conditions are not always pleasant, Your dealing with vacationers which isn't always easy.
Great enviornment, great employees
Activities Attendant (Current Employee) –  Steamboat Springs, COAugust 1, 2015
A typical work day various from day to day. One day might be way busier than another. There are so many learning experiences for this job and you grow from them daily. Everyone I work with has their own task at hand and we all work well together. A disgruntled customer is the hardest part about the job, where as a super happy customer makes the day a breeze.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
no breaks
over worked underpaid positions
management (Former Employee) –  Winter ParkJune 18, 2015
you will need several jobs on top of a full time job here. a select few make decent wages and everyone else struggles (even in supervisor or management positions)

Upper management never around to help

Best part, the co workers that struggle with you
Pros
ski and bike pass
Cons
grossly understaffed, over worked, under paid
A good work environment.
Supervisor- Dan Warta (Former Employee) –  Fountain, COMay 29, 2015
I didnt like the job so much it was just a job for me to get paid from. i learned how to recycle tires and how to fix old tires into new ones.
Pros
you learn how to recycle tires.
Cons
Not so much of a great place to stay at.
Great Company with lots of room for advancement
Maintenance Manager (Current Employee) –  Winter Park, CONovember 18, 2014
Started an entry level job and moved into a department manager position within the first year. Learned more in two years than any other job. Lots of financial responsibility and trust.
Pros
Ski pass
Cons
Expect to work every holiday
very fun place to work an experience
Snowshoe ski and snowboard instructor (Former Employee) –  west virginiaAugust 27, 2014
meeting and greetting new people and learning different ways of how others would go about doing things in there terms as far as customer service food service and teaching, working with others from other places is exciting to learn how diiferent people speak and there culture, the hardest part is seeing these people leave but the memories would always be there.
Productive and fun workplace
Store manager (Current Employee) –  Snowshoe, WVJuly 14, 2014
Intrawest is a great place to work!
Hardest part of the job is keeping employees. Turnover is very high in the resort industry. Other than that the job is great.
Absolutely one of the most breath taking and beautiful places to work
MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Steamboat Springs, COJanuary 14, 2014
EVERYTHING WAS WONDERFUL! The word WONDERFUL explains it all.
Pros
Cons
Having to leave
Awful place to work - Management does not care about Employees
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 5, 2013
I was treated very poorly by my manager, was provided no training on systems I was not familiar with, and everyone in the department was so loaded down with work, no one could or would help a new person.
Other managers were not held accountable for their errors.
Very bad morale in more than one department.
Bad location downtown and no paid parking or bus passes provided.
Pros
Nice offices, perks, ski passes
Cons
No support from management, no training, no paid parking downtown, insurance coverage is not affordable and covers almost nothing
This is one of the worst places to work
Front Desk  (Former Employee) –  Sandestin, Fl.June 27, 2013
At Club Intrawest Sandestin Resort, you will be working for one of the most controlling and evil General Managers EVER. At first, she will be warm and welcoming, then slowly she will start to degrade you on a daily basis. You will walk in and feel the tension and it will continue to rise through out the day. At the end of the day, you will be so degraded and humiliated. Come with a strong ego/self esteem because at the end you will have none. This women watches you from home when she is not there, she will believe customers lies over her working knowledge of you, and the harder you work, the harder she is on you. Don't bother calling or going over her head, they won't listen. And be prepared to cover for her when she comes in drunk the next day. So many guests clearly see and smell the alcohol on her, yet she has went undetected and unpunished. Also, you should know the law before you start, she will tell you things that are clearly in violation of the law. Don't let the money fool you, this job is so not working there. IF you work here, let it be a temporary job until you find something less stressful. The insurance sucks and is very expensive.
Pros
Cons
Everything, Management, stress
Comfortable environment, flexible work hours, unfair compensation, low job security, unorganized, low support from management
Retail Accountant (Former Employee) –  Denver CoJune 17, 2013
Nice building and comfortable environment. Mostly flexible work hours depending on position. I learning a ton about leasing including legal and accounting issues and improved personable skills particularly in difficult situations. Great co-workers, very friendly and fun, however, little support on the job because most employees were new and no one knew the answer to difficult company specific questions. Compensation was unfair, employer did not help pay for parking in Denver or offer public transportation and even forced each employee to take two weeks unpaid in 2012. There was low support from management which increased a feeling of insecurity.
Pros
Free ski pass at several resorts
Cons
High parking costs, low pay, and terrible insurance coverage, low job security
Wonderful place to work
HR Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver ColoradoMarch 29, 2013
I work at headquarters located in Denver Colorado. The teams I work with support our resort locations in the US and Canada. We have some of the most beautiful resort locations imaginable. The people I work with are friendly and passionate about what they do. I have the opportunity to work creatively and learn new things every day. The office environment is relaxed yet focused on providing great customer or employee service and everyone I work with takes great pride in their work. The benefits are good and the perks are outstanding.
Pros
free ski passes, incredible resorts, friendly relaxed environment, passionate employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Intrawest. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9