Intrepid Potash Employee Reviews

An organization that customers enjoy doing business with
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 18, 2017
While my time working for Intrepid is short lived (4 months), I've been amazed at the positive response and genuine value Intrepid customer's place on their relationship with Intrepid as their supplier. In a competitive commodities business, those types of responses speak volumes to the relentless focus of our organization in executing business deliverables both consistently and competitively to our key stakeholder…..our customers.
Great place to work, learn and discover where your intrests and skills lie.
Loadout Superintendant (Current Employee) –  Wendover, UtahSeptember 27, 2017
Came here as a kid fresh from high school. They taught me how to operate machinery and heavy equipment. How to maintain that equipment. How to weld and fabricate, operate a lathe, milling machine and everything I wanted to learn.
Some days can be hectic, but that is what keeps it interseting. Management allows you to try new things and think outside the traditional ways.
Pros
Good atmosphere at the plant. Friendly people.
Cons
Not enough parking at times.
October 10, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We appreciate hearing about your personal experience and are glad that you have had so many great learning opportunities. Thinking outside the traditional ways is a great way to describe our entrepreneurial culture. Should you have any other feedback, please contact us at feedback@intrepidpotash.com.

Didn't want to leave but it was a company lay off
Miner Operator (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, NMSeptember 24, 2017
I worked underground and loved it. Learned to work the miner to cut the potash, worked on the machinery at times, moved belt line, drove tom-car to move cut potash from location to belt line. Probably one of my favorite jobs. The company had to make many cuts and the last lay off while I was there, I was one that got laid off. They had 5 lay offs in 2016.
Pros
Great pay, benefits, hours, and people
Cons
Too many lay offs
September 27, 2017

We appreciate you sharing the positive experiences you had while at Intrepid. There have been, unfortunately, several great people impacted by our past layoffs. Please keep in touch with us as new positions come open. Should you have any other feedback, please contact us at feedback@intrepidpotash.com.

Great people, decent place to work.
Underground Maintanence Electrician (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, NMAugust 28, 2017
The people we had there were all very helpful and close knit. It was a good place to work just company sales not doing so well with market being down. The only complaint I had was, there was A LOT of confusion as to where to mine. Would push for an area to be set up for mining. Then it would sit for 2 months. So that was a bit frustrating. But overall I really enjoyed my time there. Oh and both electrical supervisors at both east and west would help you whenever or however they could!
Pros
Good compansation, Good people
Cons
some lack of direction/ OLD EQUIPMENT
September 7, 2017

It is great to hear that you had a good experience with Intrepid and especially with our supervisors. We are constantly looking at where to mine to meet strategic perspectives but it sounds like we can improve on how we communicate the reasons why those changes are made. We appreciate you providing us the feedback and it has been passed on to the operations team.

Great Team, Great People
Mine Employee (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, NMAugust 14, 2017
The company has gone through some adversity in the last year due to low Potash prices. However, because of this adversity, the company has become a close knit family. Also, the company has managed to push through these hard times by valuing teamwork, collaboration, and a true sense of direction. The management is the the greatest group of managers that I could have asked for. They are transperant and look out for their people. That want you to be well rounded in your job and will often give you the opportunity to receive new experiences and responsibilities and will provide mentorship.
Pros
People and Managment
August 15, 2017

We appreciate you taking the time to give us feedback. Our employees have done a great job coming together to make our operations successful. We are excited to provide career paths for people like you who are interested in new experiences and responsibilities. Thank you for the comments and please send us a note at feedback@intrepidpotash.com with any other feedback you would like to share.

A tough, innovative company in a finicky global market
Safety (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, NMAugust 11, 2017
Intrepid is a smaller company that has shown a great ability to overcome a tough few years in a finicky global market. The senior leadership has shown true entrepreneurial innovation to keep moving in these tough market conditions. In the last several months, Intrepid has taken a critical and creative look at our operations and has turned a number of byproducts into extremely profitable value streams. We have greatly reduced our debt to a point that investors are looking at our bright future. A collaborative effort to change unpopular work schedules, all sparked by an employee suggestion. It is very rewarding to work with such creative and talented people that are able to be involved and make a difference, at every level within the organization. Amazing care and involvement in the local communities. I have not seen a corporate entity that put so much effort into the health and wellness of it's employees. A small company that is willing to think big...
Pros
Smaller, close knit environment. Ideas and changes can be put into motion very quickly.
Cons
Rough market for last couple years.
August 14, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to provide the thoughtful feedback. We appreciate hearing about all the great experiences you have had at Intrepid! Our people truly do make a difference. As you well noted—we have gone through a lot in the last few years and we are now starting to see the return of our efforts. We have many great things going on and an exciting future ahead of us. If you would like to provide further feedback, please feel free to reach out at feedback@intrepidpotash.com.

They are making good decisions in a tough environment
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 14, 2017
The potash industry has been challenging the last few years. I have been at Intrepid awhile and am impressed with all the changes they have made to both survive and now thrive. I really enjoy working here. I work hard and long hours but feel like I am fairly compensated. It is a very friendly culture. The people are respectful to each other and I enjoy working with them.
Pros
Gym benefits; great work schedule; cell phone is provided
Cons
tough industry
indecisive and poor management
Underground Miner Operator (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, NMJune 21, 2017
Management has no common sense. very indecisive about how they want things done. only care about safety when its convenient for them. schedule was probably the worst schedule ever for shift work.
pay was good, insurance ok vacation was good compared to most. hardest part of the job putting up with stupidity of head management. most enjoyable was caging up at the end of the day.
Pros
pay
Cons
everything else
Not a great place to work
Surface operator (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, New MexicoApril 25, 2017
At first it was a great company to work for safety was taken serious, and overall it was a great workplace. Then the new foreman came in and safety went out the window as long as the plant ran "east mine". your job was secure if you were managements drinking buddy, or played golf with them. Overall management is HORRIBLE, equipment beat to the ground. Team moral was horrible, just the fact that clocking in and walking into a mess would ruin your whole week, and the Foreman would blame it all on the crew. You would only get a pay raise or a promotion if you hung out and drank with management, alot of experienced miners and producers would be let go or quit and promote the new kids with no experience, that's why production started decreasing.
Pros
Good pay
Unstable and needs management change
Mine Tech/Surveyor (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, NMApril 17, 2017
Company is struggling, management has been struggling and does not seem to except change. Want to do things same as always have and slowly failing. Benefits keep dwindling away and getting worse. Overall job could be great if changes were made.
Pros
close to home
Cons
benefits getting worse and beign taken away
Good experience
Mine Geologist (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, NMFebruary 22, 2017
Learn about mining, minerals, and the potash industry. Good weather and good people. Safety is very important. Work hours are flexible. Large underground mine that takes time to navigate.
Normal Underground Mining
Underground Mine Electrician (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, NMFebruary 12, 2017
Company is struggling due to lack of sales. They are trying hard to recover and become profitable again. Electrical management is great and constantly trying to train everyone on new systems / older systems. Gives tests to determine who needs extra help in what areas. They push hard to keep you working and take little or no breaks. The people are a pleasure to work with and work together. When I started you worked all overtime or they would let you go. Now they have no overtime.
Pros
Benefits are ok.
Cons
short breaks if any.
This job is like working with a lot of two faced Jr High kids
Diesel Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, NMDecember 7, 2016
Worse job ever if you want a job where they want the job done quick and NOT right then lie on your paperwork then this is the job to have. They wonder why this mine is in trouble it's because the guys at the top are good ole boys and take care of there own I have not had a worse job since I was 13.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Management sucks
Had fun
Industrial Electrician (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, NMDecember 4, 2016
This place was pretty cool. I worked 1800 feet underground and really liked it. My immediate supervisor was a really good guy and he tried to take care of us to a degree.
Pros
Paid good
Cons
Worked underground
Challenging
Training Supervisor, (All NM Operations) (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, NMNovember 6, 2016
A Very Challenging place to work, Typical for mining, the market conditions directly impact the well being of the company and it;s employees
able to work lots of overtime
Underground Miner (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, NMNovember 4, 2016
I was treated good by management and was praised by them for hard work and safety everyone help one another had fun and work in a safe and productive manner
Good job for this remote area
Loader Operator (Former Employee) –  Moab, UTOctober 27, 2016
Loading trucks cleaning up work areas loading railcars when needed sometimes very fast paced and not enough help when needed .Have enjoyable company picnic's and chirstmas dinner's
Pros
Good pay for the area
Cons
Lack of good leadership
Dangerous
Miner Operator (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, NMOctober 12, 2016
Dangerous place to work no proper training and the managment is horrible. They did take safety seriously. No pride or professionalism in there work.
This place is great to work, but it is not for everyone
Underground Operator & Relief Foreman (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, NMOctober 4, 2016
I enjoyed working at Intrepid Potash. I know they have fallen on tough times since I worked there, but they were good people. I advanced quickly once I buckled down and put my mind to it. Co-workers were always in good spirits, and easy to confide in. I made a lot of friends there. The hardest part of the job was driving out to the location. Early Morning traffic is not the safest. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people.
Pros
people, solidarity, and stable hours
Cons
dangerous environment, some middle management issues, and driving
mineing potash working in a safe environment
class A minter operator (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, NMSeptember 28, 2016
going under ground mineing with 30 tone miners
how to use all types of heavy equipment and groundcontrol
management is close with its employee
like family look out for each other
moveing equipment around
having a safe production meeting our goals
Pros
work schedule
Cons
had its own health provider

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Intrepid Potash. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7