Intrepid Potash Employee Reviews

able to work lots of overtime
Underground Miner (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, NMNovember 4, 2016
I was treated good by management and was praised by them for hard work and safety everyone help one another had fun and work in a safe and productive manner
Needs Work
Boiler Technician 3 (lead boiler Op) (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, NMMay 30, 2016
A typical day at work-Daily operations. LOTO, Safety Meeting, cleanup, maintenance,

Management-Day to Day operations I seen continual waste of resources and manpower, Believe this to be a major reason they are currently in the poor market positon. run equipment until it breaks then blame there operations personnel

All in all most of the co-workers put in long hard days with broken down equipment and did well with what they had.

Hardest part of the job. Read Management

Like the area and people who make up the community
Pros
Good Pay and benifits
Cons
Poor Management, Horrendos waste of resources both personel and materials
Great company to work for, the global price drop and over hiring has hurt the company.
Level III Operator (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, NMSeptember 1, 2016
Competitive salaries, they had great benefits but they no longer match 401k, and they are going to high deductible health insurance only. Over hiring and wasteful spending on some projects has led the company to laying off over 300 employees, money could have been saved!
Best job I've had
Truck Driver and Utility Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, NMJuly 29, 2016
Hours are long, and my specific job kept be away from others, but pay was good as were the benefits. Equipment was newer than most companies around here. Supervisors were great, kept the plant and mine running.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Important who your friends are there.
Good work place and good benefits.
Mech/Elect Reliability Engr & Site Electrical Engr (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, NM, USAApril 28, 2016
Good work place and long hours.
Challenging job but dusty environment.
Confusing chain of command.
Co-workers are generally friendly.
Good benefits.
Cons
Dusty environment
This place is great to work, but it is not for everyone
Underground Operator & Relief Foreman (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, NMOctober 4, 2016
I enjoyed working at Intrepid Potash. I know they have fallen on tough times since I worked there, but they were good people. I advanced quickly once I buckled down and put my mind to it. Co-workers were always in good spirits, and easy to confide in. I made a lot of friends there. The hardest part of the job was driving out to the location. Early Morning traffic is not the safest. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people.
Pros
people, solidarity, and stable hours
Cons
dangerous environment, some middle management issues, and driving
Mech Electrical Trouble Shooter/ Relief Hoistman (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, NMMay 13, 2016
Potash prices declining or I would not be seeking other employment. They provide great pay and benefits to their employees
This job is like working with a lot of two faced Jr High kids
Diesel Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, NMDecember 7, 2016
Worse job ever if you want a job where they want the job done quick and NOT right then lie on your paperwork then this is the job to have. They wonder why this mine is in trouble it's because the guys at the top are good ole boys and take care of there own I have not had a worse job since I was 13.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Management sucks
mineing potash working in a safe environment
class A minter operator (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, NMSeptember 28, 2016
going under ground mineing with 30 tone miners
how to use all types of heavy equipment and groundcontrol
management is close with its employee
like family look out for each other
moveing equipment around
having a safe production meeting our goals
Pros
work schedule
Cons
had its own health provider
Worth working here
Underground Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, NMAugust 9, 2016
This company will pay you well, but there isn't room for growth and supervisors practice favoritism. I enjoy working underground and conditions are as safe as you can get them in a mine. Coworkers are a lively and caring bunch always willing to help one another.
Pros
workers are good people and pay is good
Cons
supervisors and advancements
Intrepid laid off over 300 people when we all thought i jobs were secure
Diesel Mechanic and mine maintence (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, NMMay 21, 2016
I believed that I had job security at Intrepid I was looking for a job with a future that I could eventually retire from its very sad that this happened all the sudden.
Pros
Cons
Poor management and very clickish company
Good people there, but takes an act of Congress to get a job there
maintenance (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, NMMay 23, 2015
I was a contractor there for years, I did lots of surface maintenance there, from east, west, and north plants. I help build some of the past projects that are standing there today, however, I have tried, and tried again to become an actual Intrepid employee, but it just never happened. They hire all these young kids that don't last, that are there for just a check not a career, and the people that are serious about a career, they just pass up! I have so much experience, but to no avail, never landed a job! I even have family that work there but still never could get in. Something is very wrong with there hiring system. Yes, there is alot of good, stand up people there, but favoritism is a big playing card there, plus there hiring system sucks. You have to go thru a third party company to get on, most of them don't even last.
benefits
Cons
favoritism
Had fun
Industrial Electrician (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, NMDecember 4, 2016
This place was pretty cool. I worked 1800 feet underground and really liked it. My immediate supervisor was a really good guy and he tried to take care of us to a degree.
Pros
Paid good
Cons
Worked underground
Good job for this remote area
Loader Operator (Former Employee) –  Moab, UTOctober 27, 2016
Loading trucks cleaning up work areas loading railcars when needed sometimes very fast paced and not enough help when needed .Have enjoyable company picnic's and chirstmas dinner's
Pros
Good pay for the area
Cons
Lack of good leadership
productive and great emviroment of people
Surface Operator (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, NMMay 8, 2016
monitor computer screens making sure plant is up and running. ive learned that you don't need to bust your behind in a hurry. co workers is fun to work with had no problems with anyone. management was ok sometimes talked in a aggressive manner. Hardest part of job was if plant went down and none of the machinery didn't work like loader or bobcat, we would have to shovel. most enjoyable part of the job was if we maintained our cleanup in our sections we would have a much relaxed day at work.
Business Reporting Specialist (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, NMJuly 11, 2016
Typical day, busy. Learned better computer skills. Management-not so great! Co-workers- like working with high school kids, too much drama. Hardest part of job- co-workers. Most enjoyable- learning about the potash industry.
Pros
Pays good.
Cons
No security
No Job Security.
CHEMICAL LABORTORY TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, NMMay 21, 2016
To many preventable lay offs in a short amount of time, untrained management. Limited advancement. Bad communications through all levels of operations.
Nice time off
Control Room Operator (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, NMJuly 5, 2016
It is a hard job, you have to be able to switch between Day and Graveyard shift and balance time with family. There is also a 30 minute commute to and from the work site. On the other hand you also get seven days off in a row per month with is nice.
Pros
Health Clinic, Time off.
Cons
Switching between Day and Graveyard shifts
Dangerous
Miner Operator (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, NMOctober 12, 2016
Dangerous place to work no proper training and the managment is horrible. They did take safety seriously. No pride or professionalism in there work.
good paying job with good benifits
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, NMAugust 8, 2016
hardest part of the job is the long shifts (12 hours ) hard work, co,workers were safe and hard working operators most injoyable part was having a discussion with the crew at the end of each shift

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Intrepid Potash. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8