Intrepid Potash

Intrepid Potash Employer Reviews

supervisor not very good at the job
Mine Electrican (Former Employee), Carlsbad, NMMay 28, 2014
A lot of work to do not much help from upper management when a problem is at hand. My way or not at all !!!
Fun and educational
Mineral Process Technician (Current Employee), Carlsbad, NMMarch 5, 2014
Do a lot of walking up and down stairs, working with the guys on machine's, reassembling and maintaining. The people are awesome and nothing is exactly hard at my job, maybe after 14 flights of stairs it gets harder to go anymore but it comes with the territory
Fun and free spirited jokesters
Mineral Process Technician (Current Employee), Carlsbad, NMFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: insurance plans, benifits, 401k, p.t.o.
Doing jobs with my fellow employees such as cyclone testing, taking equipment apart and putting it back together unplugging suction and discharge lines that are mucked in and whatever other little projects we come up with. I learned a lot about equipment, process flow diagrams, tools, operate big equipment, (fork lifts, front end loaders, bob cats, – more... and mini excavators) and how to handle chemicals & reagents. My bosses are awesome we get along really well even outside of work such as camping trips and hiking. I love my co-workers they are playful, free spirited funny and caring. They treat me like a sister. Really isn't anything hard about my job other than at times I need help picking heavy pipes up but never left to do such jobs alone.The best part of this is getting out there and pulling my weight just as much as the men, I have earned a lot of love and respect from my fellow co-workers. – less
Typical underground mining.
Electrician Mechanic (Current Employee), Carlsbad, NMJanuary 19, 2014
This job provides a steady paycheck but it is still an underground position.
good fellow employees
Welder (Current Employee), Carlsbad, NMDecember 12, 2013
Pros: free gym
Cons: cold weather
this company is very dedicated to safety and employee health. they have a position of giving back to the community.
former warehouse employee
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Carlsbad, NMNovember 5, 2013
Was a good employer for a while never had a chance of advancement and there is no career path they advertise as long as you start in the warehouse that job gets boring and needs a new supervisor rude and never in a good mood.
Learned some, but did not work very much
Process Engineering Intern (Former Employee), Carlsbad, NMOctober 9, 2013
I only met my adviser one a week, and he never gave me anything new to do. The only project I really worked on was data analysis, which was very boring, and did not take all day everyday. I had one other project, which only took a few days.
good company
Business Reporting Specialist II (Current Employee), Carlsbad, NMSeptember 9, 2013
This is a good company to work for although it is hard to get an advancement once you have proven yourself valuable in a position.
Great Job
Safety Specialist (Former Employee), Carlsbad, NMAugust 26, 2013
Loved the Job and the hours worked well. I was the Safety Specialist and kept files for MSHA. MSHA would come out once a month to review my files and to do Inspections on the Mines.
Mining Operations
Surface Operator (Former Employee), Carlsbad, NMMay 31, 2013
Pros: great people
This was at a Potash mine. Never worked in this field before. I liked it and would have stayed there but my wife wanted to return to Houston.
Productive place of employment
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee), Carlsbad, NMApril 23, 2013
Very fast paced enviornment. Co-workers very safe and helpful, watch out for each other. Pleasant place of employment.
PRODUCTIVE PLACE
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), INTREPID POTASHApril 14, 2013
Pros: good pay
Cons: alot of hours
IT HAS GOOD PAY AND A VERY COMPETITIVE PLACE THIS ENVIROMENT IS MORE MADE FOR MALES.
productive fast paced mining
Lead Man/Mine Operator (Former Employee), Carlsbad, NMMarch 19, 2013
Pros: paid lunches, great crew of underground miners
Cons: low salary, and old mining equipment
Great place to work along side of the mine operators. teaching me the ropes on how to get the most ore safely.
I liked the way they shrived to to help the community and local charities
Production and Mine Operator (Former Employee), Carlsbad, NMDecember 26, 2012
Pros: resourceful training program
Cons: forced overtime, with only short break
Safety meeting, Panel inspection, cable management, ventilation control, operating continuous miner , bolting and air holes
Good place to work for
Manager (Current Employee), DenverMay 22, 2012
Pros: benefits, culture of health, co workers, growth, great offices
Cons: not a relevant one
Excellent company to work for. The only bad thing is the ego of one of the owners and the Head of HR. Incredible bad egos.