Intrepid USA Healthcare Services Employee Reviews

Worst place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Anniston, ALApril 19, 2017
After being lied to about raises and being paid for overtime. I was never compensated for either . Mass confusion from upper management down. No support from anyone. My mileage logs and schedule was constantly being changed. In the Anniston branch, the management team was horrible . There was a lot of backbiting , constant drama. The only thing that would change this branch is a purging and hiring all new folks
Pros
Cons
The company as a whole
Nice flexibility job to work in
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Melfa, VAApril 11, 2017
Patients are the best here. They are willing to receive the best care that you can provide to them. This is the best job to have a job while you have a child or in school. The staff is great and and they are willing to work with you.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Have to eat before or after you leave the patients house
Very rewarding job
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Bartlett, TNApril 3, 2017
To teach patients skills of self care is a great feeling and of course getting paid also, wound care seeing wounds close and client continues with their health makes it all worth it.
Pros
You make your own schedule
Cons
Having to get patients other nurses can't handle because of their attitude is awful, it not about you its the clients.
Very poor local management Employees are rude, unprofessional , office staff all need to be terminated due to extreme rudeness, goes for nurses to.
Past nurse (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GAFebruary 26, 2017
Most of the actual job performance is ok however the majority of office, nurses are just down right mean and hateful mostly the ones that have been there for a long time. So sad Administration out of town was execellant small town Valdosta was horrible ! Certain so called good young nurses Some of the poor patients, are talked about and took pictures of private parts thinking it was funny she should be fired but they think she is a good nurse. They have gotten rid of some but I think some are still there.
Pros
Could be with right staff good place to work
Cons
Poor excuse for nursing staff they see patients in 15 minutes and get away with it.
warm environment
Hospice MSW Intern (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAFebruary 14, 2017
Intrepid provided an a warm and collaborative environment. Every employee supports each other in efforts to provide a holistic service delivery to its clients.
Respectable staff
PTA (Current Employee) –  Anniston, ALJanuary 31, 2017
Excellent company to work for, compassion for their employees. Company very competitive in wages, excellent benefits. Provides great team work, willingness to train
Great Company with Great Staff
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Southaven, MSJanuary 23, 2017
This is a great company to work for if you value patient care. It is a drug free workplace which may cause concern for disgruntled employees. You are expected to be able to read a map (or use gps) to find your patients homes. They expect you to use a phone and be considerate of all patients and their caregivers. Imagine a company that wants you to earn your paycheck.... Wow!
Horrible place to work
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  MissouriJanuary 17, 2017
Worked there for 15 years. On-call was a nightmare. Was asked to admit patients without a physician order and would have to travel 1 to 2 hours between visits without pay only a low mileage reimbursement. Would have to work 14 days in a row when on-call without any overtime. Was expected ro travel to office daily to turn in paperwork along wirh seeing 6 to 7 patients. Extra visits were added to my schedule that management didn't notify nurse or take into consideration where the patient lived or how busy the nurse was. How I worked there that long is a mystery. I would never recommend this company .
Pros
Loves the patients and families
Cons
Too many to mention
Run dont walk!
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Southaven, MSJanuary 13, 2017
Worst company I've ever worked for.Absolutely zero orientation but expect you to be mind readers. You will drive an hour or more from one patient to the next but expected to see 6 visits per day when you've not been given a chance to learn their terrible charting system. So much favoritism shown toward the ones in the clique. Constantly degraded by management with less experience than I have.
Pros
Free coffee, pay is fair, nice clerical staff.
Cons
Everything, turnover, etc
Nurses were great to work with.
LPN (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZDecember 23, 2016
Arrive at a persons home. Do whatever the plan of care was. Write a report. then leave and go to the next clients house,.I would do wound care medication teaching diabetic teaching. Pre fill med boxes for 1-2 weeks. Do physical assessment on client.
Pros
Clients were gracious and very appreciative of your help
Cons
management was terrible
Team Player
RCM Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 9, 2016
A typical day is very fast paste and change daily to ensure we continue to meet daily, weekly and monthly goals. I've learned so much over the years in management. I value my team/employees; therefore I try to provide as much training and information for them daily to assist us in meeting our goals. I truly feel I'm only as good as my staff. If they fail then I have failed them. The hardest part to my job is having to decide between two great employees, which one to promote or release when downsizing. The most enjoyable part of my job is training staff and/or mentoring someone to be promoted within the department
Pros
Great Staff
Cons
Releasing Staff
They will tell you lies just to get you in the door.
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  ArkansasDecember 3, 2016
This company is not honest about the workload, the time involved or the expectations. They track everything you do with a computer/GPS. There is very little orientation on the system & required documentation. That leaves the nurses legally responsible & thrown under the bus. Nurses are required to be on call 24/7 for a week at a time, every three or four weeks. There is very little time for lunch, unless you stay late or take work home, but the time is still deducted from your check. The visits can be time-consuming & physically demanding. There is a high turnover. I had enough after a few months & resigned. Staying that long was probably a mistake. Stay away, far away, if you value your license!
Pros
Some nice co-workers
Cons
Not paid for all time worked, high-stress, no matching 401K, not enough orientation, too much call.
Enjoyed the patients, office not well managed
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MONovember 8, 2016
No communication between staff and office. No organization in office. No set schedule, not able to work full time hours I was hired for because there weren't enough patients.
Intrepid hopsice, north charleston, sc
RN case manger (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, scSeptember 25, 2016
I currently work for Intrepid Hospice. It's the most rewarding job I have had in my long and extensive nursing career. The director, nurse manager and office staff are friendly, helpful and attentive to needs or problem solving. The wonderful team of CNAs, LPNs, RNs, chaplains, social workers, volunteers and doctors are friendly, supportive, enjoyable to work with and are committed to helping our families and patients through their journey in hospice.
Pros
Great team. Appreciation from families and patients
Cons
struggle with death and dying and providing emotional strength
support specialist 2
Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OHSeptember 5, 2016
If you are planning to work for this company or refer a patient, you will want to think twice, this company does not care about their employees or their patient all it is the almighty dollar sign. You work your fingers to the bones with no raises or compensations, I worked their for 27 years and was laid off because the way the RDO handled the operations of the office. The company will set you up for failure, and if they feel that you are making too much money they will lay you off or fire you
DON'T LOOK BACK JUST RUN AND DON'T THINK TWICE ABOUT IT
That company is determined to go under with the management they have in place
Pros
coworkers
Cons
everything, the management stinks
TOXIC workplace
Clinical Supervisor (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCAugust 22, 2016
I have been a nurse for 25 years and this was quite possibly one of the worst job experiences I've ever had. Not only did Administration use every opportunity they could to belittle or humiliate their nursing staff, but the poor morale was one of the worst I've ever seen. The turnover was absolutely terrible and there was little if any orientation that was pertinent to the job title which I held as clinical supervisor. This branch was openly judgmental of "northerners"...
Every team member and valued employee left the last several months I was there. The new administrator was fired from another agency and had a very bad reputation....and she lived up to it. If you value your nursing license steer very clear of Intrepid.
Horrible place to work!!!!
Practice Administrator (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaAugust 18, 2016
No training, no support, mass confusion. Company in financial trouble. No direct deposit due to cash flow issues. Complete mess. Do not recommend working here. Worse job I ever had. High turnover everywhere and will likely include you!!! Please beware!!
Pros
Cons
Too many to mention
Do not work here
Former nurse (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXJuly 4, 2016
They don't pay for travel time. Mileage is tracked by the company only not you. The director won't go out to the field to help out when there is a shortage. They will throw you under the bus if it means saving their own self. They keep patients on census that no longer need home health services. It is joke to work here. Stay away. They do pay more per visit but they are cheap penny pinchers. San Angelo needs a new director. No team work.
Pros
Pay per visit is more then most places
Cons
No travel time pay, director does not help you. They will not have your back if needed. No team players
Don't go there!
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  missouriJune 6, 2016
long work hrs without compensation.
Management humiliates staff in front of staff
micro-managing
Upper management just worried about the $.
Many cover ups from administration.
Things will never change here
RN (Former Employee) –  ArkansasMay 21, 2016
The management rehire staff (that were terminated before) out of desperation due to always being short staffed. High staff turn over. Productivity points are not up to par and mandatory meetings are not considered into productivity. This company is unfortunately money driven instead of patient driven. "We find a way" motto means we find a way to admit patients to home health so we can have another patient on our census. Administrator is not trust worthy.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Intrepid USA Healthcare Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7