Intrepid USA Healthcare Services

Intrepid USA Healthcare Services Employer Reviews

Relaxed work environment.
File Room Manager / Mail Clerk (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: drinks and snakes where very cheap to purchase.
Cons: hours
My typical day was to file in the correct place, deliever mail & send out all outgoing mail & order offices supplies. I learned how to file & use a mail machine. My manager was a very strict boss. The co-workers where friendly people. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with all the files. The most enjoyable part of my job was taking care of – more... all the mail. – less
Trident an exciting place to work
Home Health Nurse (Former Employee), North Charleston, SCJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: close to my home, excellent nurses, and wonderful patients
Cons: being laid off
Assess orthopedic, spinal surgery, and neuroscience patients. Educated orthopedic patients on how to ambulate with knew knee or hip replacement. I learned that elderly patients have more drive to get better quicker than their younger counter parts. My coworkers supported me and were a resource that I could draw on. The hardest part of the job was talking – more... end of life care to family members when their family could not eat or drink secondary to stroke. The most enjoyable part of my job is when my stroke patients were able to regain function. – less
n/a
Medical Social Worker (Current Employee), Brownsville, TNJanuary 27, 2014
PRN position allows you to balance your workload with everyday life issues more appropriately.
RUN RUN RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN
OFFICE (Former Employee), LOUISVILLE,KYJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: just come on in when you want no set hours
Cons: just turn in paperwork it is going to get changed anyways
THIS WAS A TERRIBLE PLACE TO WORK, THE OFFICE STAFF WERE RUDE AND THEY ALL SHOULD BE FIRED, THEY CHANGED OASIS WHEN RN TURNED THEM IN THEY CHANGED THEM WITHOUT EVEN NOTIFYING THE STAFF, THIS WAS ONE OF THE WORST PLACES I EVER WORKED, AND I WILL NEVER WORK FOR THEM AGAIN
i took cae of a 9 year old little girl for 50 hrs a week
CNA I (Former Employee), Hickory, NCJanuary 10, 2014
Pros: working with kids
Cons: no breaks
i love working with children and i make them feel happy and normal.
n/a
Customer Service II (Former Employee), richmond, vaJanuary 2, 2014
lots of data entry
compensation was mediocre
not a lot of advancement
no overtime
THEY CHEAT YOU EVERY CHANCE THEY CAN!
RN CASE MANAGER (Current Employee), Lebanon, MODecember 9, 2013
Pros: if you could fix the office staff it could be a decent place to work.
Cons: work for free, poor pay, poor patient care, bad management, incompetent office staff
This company is your typical corporate organization. You are nothing but a number to them. The patients are nothing but numbers to them. That have a mandatory quota that you must see to keep your benefits. That quota puts you at 10-20 hours of overtime every week which you DO NOT get paid for.
They pay per visit. $35 for a sn visit...$45 for a recert – more... (which is over an hpur of additional paperwork) and only $59 for an admission. Be prepared to drive an hour between clients which you are not compensated for. You do get mileage but on average you are shorted 200 plus miles per week.
You get paid nothing for your drive time. You get paid nothing for paperwork....even if it wasnt associated with a visit. They forve you to do it for free. You will have to take call and are although supervisors are supposed to take call in the rotation they will throw their oncall shift on you anytime they choose. you have to provide your own cell phone...call all clients from 8a-5p even if u dont see them that week and are not being paid to see them. You get a pitiful hourly rate for meetings but u dont get paid a penny for the hour it takes you to drive to them.
They allow LPN nurses to run their offices. Which is not only against regulations but is highly insulting to BSN prepared nurses.
They are incompetent in the office and unable to coordinate a schudle and a map. They will criss cross employees and send you 3 hours out of your way....which you also dont get paid for that time. You are not allowed to use logic to rearrange your patients to where you can spend more time with them. They allow incompetent nurses to do visits that medicare states should take 30 minutes...to do them in less than 10. They allow employees to take their spouses with them...therefore violating HIPPA regulations.
They are not in compliance with federal wage and hour standards and their REGISTERED NURSES are NOT exempt from overtime.
They will work you constantly....and why not?? I mean its cheaper to over work one employee instead of hiring two. The corporate office doesnt care about employees and does not respond to problems or safety concerns.
If you work a holiday you dont get your holiday pay. You have to take off a different day. So since you are paid per visit you are penalized for working. You also only get 4 weekend days off each month!! You will live this job!
Please dont waste your time...energy and years. You deserve better than this. – less
Don't work here!
Clinical Supervisor (Former Employee), Henderson, KYOctober 13, 2013
Upper management very disorganized and doesn't follow policy. I got let go for a policy I didn't even know existed.
Nice work environment
Clinical Supervisor / Account Executive (Current Employee), Valdosta, GASeptember 9, 2013
Upper management growing pains affecting morale. Patient care was priority as it should be. Good local branch teamwork atmosphere.
This was my favorite job, and I am striving to find a similar role
Regional Director of Sales and Marketing (Former Employee), Dallas, TXAugust 29, 2013
Pros: 5 states - perfect amount of travel. great team of people too.
Cons: disorganized
At Intrepid I had a 5 state region to start, then it changed to 7 state, then 10 state. I really enjoyed my role but it was hard to get much traction in all the transition. In late 2008 the CEO was replaced and the new CEO eventually re-structured the organization and laid off all the regional positions in both sales and operations.
Nice place to work, friendly co worker's, non stressful job.
Collections Specialist (Former Employee), Edina, MNAugust 29, 2013
Pros: benefits, good salary.
Cons: 1 hour commute from home. moved to tx and job ended.
Learned billing/collections for at home health care. Typical day at work was collections of at home Nursing/Health care billed to insurance companies that were unpaid. Got along with co-worker's. Worked independently, which I enjoy and am capable of . Good place to work, but they moved to Texas.
Enjoy autonomy job provides
Case Manager (Current Employee), Springfield, MOAugust 19, 2013
Pros: autonomy, self scheduling, see different country side, meet different people
Cons: cats, dogs, filth, disease
See 3-6 patients in their homes for 30-75 mins,. Ihave learned how easily it is to get lost going to client's homes. Management is easy to please & work with. Enjoy my co workers. The hardest is limiting my time with each client so that I can get every one seen & paperwork done. Repetitive paper work is tedious. Enjoy helping clients to stay in home – more... safely. – less
Blind leading blind
RCD employee (Current Employee), dallas, texasJuly 16, 2013
Management here is unknowledgeable; they do not know what their employees positions truly entails. They are consumed with petty "issues". Employees are not valued and are pushed into positions they have no true grasp on.
Interviewed for Nurse Supervisor opening in TN
Home Care Nurse Supervisor (Former Employee), TennesseeMay 29, 2013
Pros: excellent negotiation
Cons: no match on 401 k, nurse supervisors are required to go in on call rotation
Interview process excellent, very courteous, friendly, and available to answer all questions, excellent with negotiating, interviewers gave cell numbers and direct emails to contact, always answered or returned calls within timely manner.
ok for a little while but not good long term
Nurse (Former Employee), Elizabethtown, kyFebruary 28, 2013
Pros: being out and about in the spring and summer
Cons: you take home a lot of work after you have worked all day, on call doing visits at night after you worked all day, being on the road in the weather in winter months, .
Work/ Life balance is very poor to the point of causing depression.. As an RN, your life will consist of work and paper work. Your weekend on call is very full of work and you dont get a day off durring the week for the days you worked on the weekend. Weekends are harder than a regular work day. The cost of a family plan in the offered health insurance – more... is not affordable. They contribute NOTHING toward 401k. Most enjoyable part is being outside in the spring and summer. As far as advancement, I would advise you to become a suck up. – less
Terrible place to work lack of upper management
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Montgomery, ALFebruary 13, 2013
Pros: you wear jeans on friday
Cons: lack of management
This is an awful company that lacks upper leadership and guidance in the Montgomery, Birmingham, Oxford region. They have no clue how to take care of employees and patients.
Do not go there!
Regional Sales Director (Former Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 12, 2013
Cons: poor pay, poor product, no plan for improvement
Intrepid is without question the WORST company I ever worked for! The corporate culture is demoralizing and fosters divisiveness instead of team building. Compensation for sales management was WAY below industry standard, and leadership had no respect for the role or value of sales leadership.
Taking care of people
Home Health Aide (HHA) (Former Employee), Rochester, NYFebruary 4, 2013
I loved my job at Intrepid usa. My most enjoyable part of the job was taking care of my patients.
Nice place to work, with seniors.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Golden Valley, MNJanuary 31, 2013
Most of the residents was kind and enjoyable. Listening to all the stories of the residents. Assisting a resident was the best part of the job to me.
Productive and busy office
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee), Dallas, TXDecember 10, 2012
Pros: you could wear jeans on friday
Cons: too much drama between co-workers
A typical day at work was importing and processing payroll. I did learn two new accounting systems.I loved my boss, she had a good attitude everyday. I can get along with anybody but there were a few of my co-workers that couldn't get along with each other and the bad part was, we were all in cubicles so when they started arguing everyone could here. – more... The hardest part of the job was when we converted from McKesson to Oracle Peoplesoft. The most enjoyable part was going out to lunch with some co-workers every Friday. – less

About Intrepid USA Healthcare Services

Patriarch Partners' lofty goal is no less than "rebuilding America, one company at a time, one job at a time."┬áThe private equity – Read more