Intrepid USA Healthcare Services Employee Reviews in United States

Friendly co-workers, easy to work with
Home Health Nurse (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 24, 2016
First Home Health job I had. First year was horrible, no orientation, no experience. Management impatient until convinced I had no experience or orientation. (management is a revolving door) Able to have short version of orientation and everything improved. Everyone on staff very helpful.
Working part time/prn I had some control over my days schedule. I was able to spend quality time with my patients, teaching them about their meds, disease process, diet etc.
Pros
one on one with patient
Cons
lack of benefits as part time, management always changing
managers on the state and Local level are good to work for
Staff Manager (Former Employee) –  TexasApril 5, 2016
Administration takes time to listen and solve any problems My manager was very patient and pleasant to work with and had a positive attitude. Office Manager cared about each employee and made sure to correct any payroll mistakes. Marketing worked hard for a positive influx of patients. Patients were given excellent care and services by competent Nurses and Therapists. Employees were recognized by Management. Training and education was ongoing for all employees.
Pros
Great company. Large multi state company with a "small" company feel.
Cons
Mid management salaries are low in comparison to others
Not A Good Company at All!
No Comment (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 15, 2015
I should have listened to the former reviews before I accepted a job with this company. A complete joke of upper management and executives. Direct deposit was taken away due to the company struggling financially and went with paper checks. They even held paychecks after a scheduled pay date. They do not give raises and will never as the executives think it's not needed. The HR Director does not know her role. The owner and investors of this company need to realize this company is not going to survive with the executives and upper management it has at this time.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Too many to list.
Fun workplace/diverse
Independent Living Skills Worker (Former Employee) –  Golden Valley, MNNovember 12, 2015
This company trained you with any issues that you come in contact with clients and staff. Management is supportive. The hardest part of the job is not being able to assist a client with a situation or issue. Your co-workers are very supportive.
Pros
meeting varies of cultures and people
Cons
driving and paperwork
over-worked and under-appreciated
Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  SCMarch 3, 2015
Took away direct deposit due to "cash flow" issues. No matching 401K. Micro-management to the max. The little people do ALL the work with NO credit. Worked there for two years with excellent yearly reviews yet I never received a raise due to a "freeze on raises". The company seems to be in financial trouble.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
no raise, no direct deposit, no appreciation from management
Great place to start career
Assisted Living Biller (Former Employee) –  Golden Valley, MNNovember 5, 2015
This company had a great atmosphere. Great place to start career.
Advancement opportunities were lacking. Poor management. Didn't realize the talent they had. A lot of turnover.
Not a place to work if you want to be treated with respect
Support Speacialist II (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZNovember 8, 2015
I spent a very short period of time working in mass confusion with this company, in Tucson.
Not only do you get talked down to, you also are treated with little
to no respect.
This is allowed from Corporate on down.
I had complained to corporate and ended up losing my job.
For That I am THANKFUL.
I have never been so humiliated, and treated so badly at any job
in my life, until I was unfortunate enough to be hired by Intrepid.
Pros
None that I can think ov
Cons
No respect, no training, mass confusion as to who does what when.
Company struggling
RN (Former Employee) –  Dallas TXSeptember 21, 2014
This company had some great potential but due to people stabbing people in the back and financial issues as well as current staff and office management trying to clean up after previous employees people are quitting or getting terminated left and right.
If your a Field RN or LVN be prepared to cover multiple counties, to have possible patients presented to you as living in Dallas then after you agree you find out their in Plano or McKinney.
Paper Checks due to financial troubles.
Don't trust anyone there.
Multiple management and staff turn overs.
LVN staff in management and leadership roles.
RN staff do not stay long.
Delayed pay.
Lies about compensation.
On call means you will be doing admits every other weekend, they fail to disclose that.
Had potential. Now it's gone.
Expensive benefits
Pros
case load not heavy, great benefits
Cons
financial issues. paper checks. llvn staff run the office. can't trust management. no job security.
Great patients horrible raises
Home Health Aide (HHA) (Former Employee) –  ashtabulaFebruary 4, 2015
Worked there two years, They do not give raises what so ever. I got praised constantly on my good work and it got me no where. I was constantly promised i would get a raise along with other workers and nothing ever happened for any of us. But I do miss my patients.
Pros
nice patients
Cons
no breaks of any kind, no pay raises, rip you off on travel time pay
Worst experience ever!!!
LPN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Manchester, tnMay 4, 2016
No communication, no training, no reimbursement on mileagetting like agreed upon worst jon ever BEWARE before working for this company
Pros
Cons
Too many
Pretty laid back enviroment and competitive salary
Medicare HMO Billing Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 1, 2014
I loved my job at intrepid. I probably would be a manager now if I had not left. I was not micromanaged and was able to do my job and do what I do best, collections and billing. I really wish I would have stayed. It's a great company and wonderful people. I left for a promotion and this is still by far my favorite job.
Pros
laid back atmosphere as long as you work hard. great benefits and competitive salary
Cons
need more knowledgeable employees in areas
ok for a little while but not good long term
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, kyFebruary 28, 2013
Work/ Life balance is very poor to the point of causing depression.. As an RN, your life will consist of work and paper work. Your weekend on call is very full of work and you dont get a day off durring the week for the days you worked on the weekend. Weekends are harder than a regular work day. The cost of a family plan in the offered health insurance is not affordable. They contribute NOTHING toward 401k. Most enjoyable part is being outside in the spring and summer. As far as advancement, I would advise you to become a suck up.
Pros
being out and about in the spring and summer
Cons
you take home a lot of work after you have worked all day, on call doing visits at night after you worked all day, being on the road in the weather in winter months, .
More like a nightmare reality show
RATHER NOT SAY (Former Employee) –  DALLAS TXApril 16, 2014
Too many ghetto indiviudals working for this company, training suck, and members of management (with the exception of one) only cares about people like them. They try to cover up the wrong doings of their employee and never address real issues. They also expect you to give 100% but can't give the same in return. Some of the people there are underpaid and the company doesn't give raises. Maybe if the the investor took a look as to what is going on in the corporate office they would rethink the whole investment thing.
Pros
na
Cons
low pay and too much drama and mess.
Corporate level management doesn't have a clue
Rather not say (Current Employee) –  USAMarch 10, 2014
Paper based company for field staff which is archaic compared to other agencies. Corporate level management are clueless as to what goes on day to day, want staff reduced, increased productivity and if you fail to meet standards you go PRN, without benefits. They expect all staff to market and when budget is not met, account executives are off the hook, especially if you're a 'favored' employee. See where I'm going here? Best advice for anyone avoid employment here, move on to better agencies!
Currently seeking other employment.
Pros
no match to 401 k, really can't think of any
Cons
unbelievable stress
worst company i ever worked for
rn case manager (Former Employee) –  birmingham alApril 25, 2015
Pay cuts of 20%, financial troubles . Very stressful, bullying by supervisors. On call every 3rd weekend,ended up admitting up to 5 patients, and mileage excessive. Unrealistic assignments. Run the other way!!!!! Worst upper management ever.
Pros
loved patients
Cons
unable to do all required due to excess paperwork, and excess mileage. no work life balance.
each day was a challenge and to learn new ideals
Support Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 16, 2015
Very good company to work for.
Everyday was a day of learning, each day was challenge with new
experiences and responsibilities and that what I liked most about my
job
Do not go there!
Regional Sales Director (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 12, 2013
Intrepid is without question the WORST company I ever worked for! The corporate culture is demoralizing and fosters divisiveness instead of team building. Compensation for sales management was WAY below industry standard, and leadership had no respect for the role or value of sales leadership.
Cons
poor pay, poor product, no plan for improvement
Management turnover
Business Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Twin Cities, MNMay 30, 2014
During my 4 plus years with Intrepid USA I reported to at least seven administrators/directors. Every supervisor had a new way of interpreting the policy, procedures and processes of the company and each one changed my job responsibility.
Pros
a few good employees
Cons
management and benefits
horrible
Registered Nurse Case Manager Home Health Care (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 14, 2015
this company cares more about their pockets than the people who work for them. they are behind the times and falling apart at the seems.
Cons
everything
Clinical Supervisor for a staff of 9. Client base of 93
Clinical Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Burnsville, MNApril 1, 2015
My day started with gathering information on any new admits, discharges or transfers for the morning meeting. The nurses were all great, and really enjoyed what they were doing.
I would see clients if no one else was available. Case Conference facilitator weekly. Scheduling of staff. Run reports, perform chart audits. Review Oasis documentation, ICD-9 coding. review of nursing notes so they matched the 485.
The hardest part of my job was not having enough time for orientation of policy and procedures.
New recommendations from CEO,CFO were not being followed.
Pros
Meet new nurses to brainstrom with.
Cons
Always ate at my desk. Lacked growth and positive culture.

2.7