Intrust Bank Employee Reviews

Toxic place to work
Fraud (Former Employee) –  Bankcard operationsSeptember 7, 2017
I worked for the bank a long time and it was a good experience at first as I enjoyed my co-workers and gained promotions and advancement opportunities. However, I discovered over time how political banking is. Managers are allowed to get away with favoritism, poor leadership, high school like petty nitpicking, micromanaging, and toxic working conditions. They fire people for no good reason and often because that person doesn't kiss up to a boss. On the surface, it seems like a great place to work as the benefits are good, and pay is decent but because of how toxic managers can be and all the things I saw, I would not recommend someone working for IntrustBank.
Pros
Vacation time
Cons
Everything else
Been a long time
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJune 26, 2017
Was a fine place to work. Has been so long I dont have any feedback positive or negative. The branch hours were challenging to work with for family/work balance.
Banker (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJune 16, 2017
It was a good job it paid well and you we're forced to put in your 40hours if you are full time. But the management is terrible. They don't allow you to grow in the company, they do not give you the trust you need nor the confidence. I would recommend working there.
Pros
money
Cons
management
Customer oriented
Teller/Universal Banker (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSJune 1, 2017
Very fun atmosphere of co workers. Company of Character. For more than 136 years, INTRUST Bank has continually sought, recognized and celebrated the character qualities that lead to positive, growing relationships. INTRUST Bank also strives to uphold these qualities to ensure that we're a company of character in all that we do.
CSC Banker (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJune 1, 2017
Great Company enjoyed working for them. Great employees great management the staff really cared and the employees did everything they could to help others.
Fun work environment
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Mustang, OKMay 23, 2017
Great place to work, treated like family all the time, great opportunity to advance within company, rarely promoted outside people. Company was small but very caring.
It was a job
Teller (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSMay 2, 2017
It was boring! Everyone for themselves. Cut throat. Not good enough if you didn't have a high position. Learning experience. Big eye opener on how the bank really runs.
Comfortable workplace
Fraud Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSMarch 27, 2017
I enjoyed my time at Intrust. It was fast paced and interesting work. The work environment was clean and the computer and equipment was current most of the time.
Pros
clean environment, updated ergonomic chairs, paid holidays
Cons
some of the workload was stressfull
Kbc
Mortgage loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Wichita KSDecember 18, 2016
Working for 4th national bank was one of the best places I every work at. Great Team working people Miss the company, cannot say enough about the company
Banker (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSNovember 17, 2016
Great bank to work at overall. Good training, great work to life balance, Great benefits, Average pay in retail section, good commission format.
Pros
benefits, culture
Productive and very busy
Administrative Assistant for Correspondent Banking (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSNovember 7, 2016
Very busy most day and learned a lot about loans and refinancing while working there. Co-workers were great and most of them were very helpful to me.
Great place to work, but...
Multiple Positions (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSSeptember 27, 2016
Great place to work, but there are some caveats. Not enough advancement opportunities, and pay isn't the most competitive. The benefits do help make up for that though, and the positive culture and environment is a rare find indeed. The people there made it the best job I ever had!
Pros
Great environment, comprehensive benefits
Cons
Not the best pay, difficult to advance
Not great...
Operations (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSAugust 3, 2016
Favoritism, gossip, unprofessional management. Department is understaffed and work is not evenly distributed. Employees are required to work overtime, but then scrutinized for it during performance evaluations. Employee/Manager conversations that should stay confidential, are shared or "leaked" to other team members.
Horrible company to work for!
Banker (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJuly 31, 2016
Probably the most discriminating place you could ever work at. There is not a single member of management that is a minority and they like to keep it that way. If you are white, this is a great place to work. If you are anything but that, don't expect to be treated fairly. The troubling thing about this bank is that the members of management allow discrimination and favoritism to take place. There is no such thing as an open door policy here. White employees are allowed to get away with things that non white employees are held accountable for. They discriminate in their lending practices as well. The CEO is racist. I filed a complaint against them.
Pros
Hours
Cons
White supremacy, management discrimination
Bad management
Teller (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJuly 15, 2016
What a bad company. The job was easy but the manager was rude and unprepared. She needed some leadership skills.
I do not recommend that place.
It was a fast paced environment
Lead Teller/ Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJuly 13, 2016
In the end I would move to lead teller. I would order money, cash checks, maintain customer service, approve transactions for my coworkers, and research offages. Management was not well. My manager was very unreachable when there was a problem, she did not work her share of hours and would be gone for days. There were many times I had to do tasks she was supposed to be doing. My coworkers were great. We always laughed a lot during our slow times of the day. The hardest part of my job was calming down mad customers. The most enjoyable part was learning how to be the best teller at the branch and then being promoted.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
management
A great place to work.
Customer Service Center Banker (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSJuly 11, 2016
Intrust Bank is a place that all the employees work for the benefit of the customer. Each and every employee helps each other out in different departments and do so in the most kind and professional manor.
Pros
Great benefits, good 401k and friendly work environment.
Cons
Departments are downsizing and to progress in your job is very slow moving.
Great culture, takes care of their employees.
Lead Security Specialist (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSApril 11, 2016
Intrust is a great place to work they take care of their employees and go out of the way to make sure you know your appreciated.
not!
Loan Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSMarch 27, 2016
you have to watch you back all the time, people are always trying to back stab you! and the company wants a survey but they want to tell you what to say!
Good international exposure
International Compliance Associate (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSFebruary 11, 2016
The position at international banking has been very good to learn about international business. The co-workers are very helpful and knowledgeable.
Pros
Good Professional experience
Cons
No leadership