Intrust Bank Employee Reviews

Great place to work, but...
Multiple Positions (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSSeptember 27, 2016
Great place to work, but there are some caveats. Not enough advancement opportunities, and pay isn't the most competitive. The benefits do help make up for that though, and the positive culture and environment is a rare find indeed. The people there made it the best job I ever had!
Pros
Great environment, comprehensive benefits
Cons
Not the best pay, difficult to advance
Horrible company to work for!
Banker (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJuly 31, 2016
Probably the most discriminating place you could ever work at. There is not a single member of management that is a minority and they like to keep it that way. If you are white, this is a great place to work. If you are anything but that, don't expect to be treated fairly. The troubling thing about this bank is that the members of management allow discrimination and favoritism to take place. There is no such thing as an open door policy here. White employees are allowed to get away with things that non white employees are held accountable for. They discriminate in their lending practices as well. The CEO is racist. I filed a complaint against them.
Pros
Hours
Cons
White supremacy, management discrimination
It was a fast paced environment
Lead Teller/ Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJuly 13, 2016
In the end I would move to lead teller. I would order money, cash checks, maintain customer service, approve transactions for my coworkers, and research offages. Management was not well. My manager was very unreachable when there was a problem, she did not work her share of hours and would be gone for days. There were many times I had to do tasks she was supposed to be doing. My coworkers were great. We always laughed a lot during our slow times of the day. The hardest part of my job was calming down mad customers. The most enjoyable part was learning how to be the best teller at the branch and then being promoted.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
management
Not great...
Operations (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSAugust 3, 2016
Favoritism, gossip, unprofessional management. Department is understaffed and work is not evenly distributed. Employees are required to work overtime, but then scrutinized for it during performance evaluations. Employee/Manager conversations that should stay confidential, are shared or "leaked" to other team members.
Productive and very busy
Administrative Assistant for Correspondent Banking (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSNovember 7, 2016
Very busy most day and learned a lot about loans and refinancing while working there. Co-workers were great and most of them were very helpful to me.
A great place to work.
Customer Service Center Banker (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSJuly 11, 2016
Intrust Bank is a place that all the employees work for the benefit of the customer. Each and every employee helps each other out in different departments and do so in the most kind and professional manor.
Pros
Great benefits, good 401k and friendly work environment.
Cons
Departments are downsizing and to progress in your job is very slow moving.
Intrust Bank
Banker (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSNovember 17, 2016
Great bank to work at overall. Good training, great work to life balance, Great benefits, Average pay in retail section, good commission format.
Pros
benefits, culture
Bad management
Teller (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJuly 15, 2016
What a bad company. The job was easy but the manager was rude and unprepared. She needed some leadership skills.
I do not recommend that place.
Great culture, takes care of their employees.
Lead Security Specialist (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSApril 11, 2016
Intrust is a great place to work they take care of their employees and go out of the way to make sure you know your appreciated.
Good international exposure
International Compliance Associate (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSFebruary 11, 2016
The position at international banking has been very good to learn about international business. The co-workers are very helpful and knowledgeable.
Pros
Good Professional experience
Cons
No leadership
not!
Loan Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSMarch 27, 2016
you have to watch you back all the time, people are always trying to back stab you! and the company wants a survey but they want to tell you what to say!
Competitive workplace with enjoyable employees
Vault Teller (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSNovember 17, 2015
Enjoyable place to work for. If you are looking for a company to advance, INTRUST Bank is the place. You are offered training to improve your banking knowledge and help better serve the customers.
Productive and Fun Workplace with lots of friendly costumers and co-workers
Retail Teller (Former Employee) –  Wichita KSFebruary 26, 2014
I enjoyed working at Intrust Bank. My typical day at work was cashing checks and making deposits and/or withdraws for each costumer. I learned how to work at a finical institution and how a bank works. I had really friendly and easy going co-workers that made each work day fun! Management was also really nice and they tried their very best to make sure you were getting along with everyone and with your duties. The hardest part of the job was dealing with rude costumers. What I enjoyed most was getting to know each costumer and building relationships with them and with my co-workers.
Good Benefits, Average Pay and Toxic Culture
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSNovember 4, 2013
INTRUST works hard to provide a good benefit package to employees including generous vacation. Most employees are wonderful to work with and try to pull together and get things done. Unfortunately, management encourages unprofessional, disrespectful and bullying behavior by promoting individuals that participate in running down co-workers and lack interpersonal skills. It creates a toxic and unhappy environment.
Pros
Great vacation benefits
Cons
Toxic work environment
didn't appreciate their workers
teller (Former Employee) –  Overland ParkOctober 7, 2015
Good benefits, not room for advancement. Management caused a lot of friction among workers, a lot of employee gossip and not a lot of suppprt
Pros
great benefits
Cons
toxic work/management environment
Fun work place with caring envronment
Teller (Current Employee) –  El Dorado, KSNovember 2, 2015
Great job to have during school. always learning new things. Great caring environment and fun people. awesome building a relationship with regular customers.
Great benefits and good people
Security Lead Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSMay 7, 2015
Had to work with a lot of technology which could be overwhelming at times, and there was a lot of walking which was fun at times when my leg pain set in.
Pros
Mostly quiet enviroment at night
Cons
Dealt with a lot of alarms and had to watch way to many cameras
Great Bank
Mortgage Loan Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSMay 15, 2015
My only issue with INTRUST was the pay, it was not in line with the years of experience I had. Also, there was no room for advancement into management even though you had 30+ years of banking/mortgage experience unless you had a degree
Good stepping stone
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSMay 23, 2014
Through INTRUST Bank I gained much of my initial training for finance and acquired a taste for the field. However, the management took a turn in customer service that made the job difficult.
Great people but hard hours.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJuly 21, 2012
Would be a great place for someone who is ready to start a career. At the time I was only 16 and banking was not what I was looking to do for the rest of my life.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Intrust Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9