Intuitive Surgical Employee Reviews

Poor Culture with Poor Management
Quality Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJanuary 2, 2018
Lot of political environment tough to handle
No respect for employees working on contract
if you know how to handle politics and can do cajoling of your manager This company is for you for SURE
Pros
Nothing to mention
Cons
no growth and no respect
Culture is hard
Sr. Accounts Payable Accountant (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CADecember 11, 2017
The culture here is very stressful and the people are very heads down all day. If you are a worka holic then this would be a great place for you. I would rather not comment.
no reply
Sr. Technical Associate (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CADecember 9, 2017
I have no reviews for this company. A typical day is eight hours. The manage sucks, they are all there on seniority, they are not managers and they don't go to bat for you.
Cons
Exciting company with lots of potential for growth.
Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CANovember 20, 2017
There is so much to learn from the other employees at Intuitive Surgical and so many projects happening at once. It is easy to approach someone from another group to ask for advice on your own project. There are many intelligent and talented people who work here.
Best jobs go to Stanford Grads
Staff Engineer (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CANovember 18, 2017
Very hard to advance in engineering unless you have a Stanford engineering degree. The best jobs go to Stanford grads and non-Stanford are second class citizens.
what I learned
Technician One (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CANovember 12, 2017
a typical day at work in which we have to reach our goal is competitive and challenging, I really learned a lot for the 3 months I was working with them. The hardest part of working here is getting off really late and when there is a rework in a process it makes our work slow because you have to do it over again. But the most enjoyable part of the job is when the team reached the goal and everyone is cooperating and working hard to reach the goal. Team work is the key and it is really good working with cooperative people.
Wonderful company
Manufacturing Trainer II (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CANovember 2, 2017
This company is great to work for and I wish I didn't have to leave. My commute is now too far from work. I learned so much from this company. It is an amazing piece of machinery that we build at this company. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing how successful all my trainees become after I have trained them. I enjoy helping people and performing multiple tasks. A typical day at work begins with a meeting, responding to emails then training new and veteran techs. Sometimes we do have projects with deadlines that need to be met. The hardest part of the job is trying to meet production schedule while training continues on the line and working day and swing shift changes. This company taught me a lot about lean manufacturing and how important quality is because we are dealing with patients lives. I will miss this company.
Pros
stock options, Ot, fun place to work.
Cons
short breaks, shift changes and hours. mandatory saturdays.
Work place environment
Customer Service Specialist III (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GAOctober 28, 2017
Our day to day work consist of lots of phones and order processing.
For me personally I spend a great deal of my day on the phones with customers, CSR, and working across the room with returns, and helping my co-workers with order related issues, customer escalation problem resolution, and training. The go to person when the manager is either unavailable or out of the office. Called upon to work split shifts when others call out, or if work load is heavy and additional help is needed. One of two people who is capable of working in Order Support and Service Support
Pros
Very accommendating to personal life issues
Cons
Not enough opportunity to move up or into other departments
Workplace Culture
Sr. Manager (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAOctober 21, 2017
Intuitive Surgical is a great company. They have a great company DNA and is a wonderful place to work. ISI is in the business of providing technology to help surgeons perform sometimes complex cancer surgeries... the message is very clear that the patient comes first, ALWAYS!
Pros
$5 Lunches, Stock Options and wonderful employee benefits.
Excellent, highly recommended. Great life work balance.
Sr. Electromechanical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CASeptember 24, 2017
Excellent, highly recommended. Great life work balance. Difficult to get in, though. Company culture puts the customer (patients) first, ahead of profits.
poor management
Assembly Technician 2 (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CASeptember 18, 2017
Work here is stressful at times. Management is unorganized. They will not listen to their employees but instead will bring employees down. Situations are handled poorly.
Stressful but worth it!
Assembly Technician 2 (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CASeptember 12, 2017
This job was extremely stressful due to all the FDA regulations because its a medical device company. The culture was awesome, very very hardworking, dedicated , intelligent people there. Unlimited room for advancement and bonuses and pay raises. All around the best structured position i have ever held. I learned a ton and felt recognized for my achievements. Also the pay and benefits are un comparable!!
Nice Experiance
SAP Basis consultant (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 15, 2017
I gain lot of knowledge and management is very good. I have learnt new things about new technologies. intuitive surgical is robot manufacturer company.
Good Place to Work
Senior Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJune 27, 2017
Overall this is a good place to work.

Fast paced environment and Most Sr Staff is willing to help.
I like the Barbarian mentality to get stuff done.

Team seems to be positive and not a lot of cut throat.
Pros
Inexpensive Lunches
Cons
Thin Staff
great product but issues with company culture
Clinical Sales Representative, Bay Area (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 22, 2017
Amazing technology with interaction with multiple specialties. Treated as expert in the room with customers. learned anatomy in multiple specialties, C-level selling. Lots of firing and hiring which had negative impact on culture and consistency with management.
Pros
amazing proudtc
Cons
issues with culture
People are unfriendly
AFQI Technician (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJune 20, 2017
Management is suck, only listen to the lead. If the lead didn't like you. Your contract will ended sooner than you though. I will never come back there.
Innovative technology
Sr. Clinical Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  UtahApril 26, 2017
Most enjoyable seeing surgeons achieve greater outcomes as a result of the technology. Working with staff to build a economically sound robotic surgical program.
Excellent culture and company to be a part of.
Regulatory Post Market Surveillance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAMarch 26, 2017
The company, its people and its leadership are best in class. Great company and overall environment to be a part of. There is a constant emphasis on growth and process improvement.
good place
SOFTWARE INTERN (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAMarch 13, 2017
It is a good plce to work for, has a very good work life balance and provides job security. This compnay gives a very good compensation. Nice place to work for
Intuitive Surgical Inc. Order Support & Customer Service Rep.
Order Management & Customer Service Rep II (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAMarch 8, 2017
At Intuitive Surgical, the patient always comes first and every team works diligently to achieve such a goal. With a heavy order volume (>800 per day) and lengthy, detail-oriented projects simultaneously consuming your day, the company continues to maintain a strong hold as the leader of the Medical Device industry, strenuously creating a robotic presence that is readily adopted.
I learned to meet aggressive deadlines through a strong practice of time-management and organizational skills. I also learned how to generate and analyze operational/transaction reports that allow us to increase efficiency and amend policies to favor the customer's needs.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Intuitive Surgical. Our community is ready to answer.