Intuitive Surgical

Intuitive Surgical Employer Reviews

the most advanced technology in surgery backed by a fast paced company culture dedicated and aligned behind one vision
da Vinci Clinical Sales Manager (Current Employee), Portland, ORSeptember 5, 2014
Pros: challenging and rewarding work, high compensation, and incredible collaborative culture
Cons: work life balance is compromised due to the high levels of energy, capacity, and commitment required
There really is not a typical day in the life of a da Vinci sales professional. However, a day in the life of a sales manager could involve, a two to three day field ride with a rep, followed by conference calls and one:one performance calls with my team. In the field ride day, starting off with a robotics committee meeting with the OR leadership and – more... C-suite executives, discussing high level performance metrics and the strategy to guide improved economic and clinical outcomes. Following, 3 cases with surgeons and staff at different points in the learning curve, using high direction, backed by clinical and technical expertise to, create successful outcomes not achievable with robotic technology.

What I learned? More than all of my work experience combined. I learned to changing the standard of care requires building trust, delivering high value, create equal business stature with your customer base, be excellent in managing operations, highly clinical with the ability to sell in a compelling and provocative manner, be proactive in communication and leadership, and highly collaborative. Collaborating with multiple internal sources even on a 5 minute call, can generate enough feedback to create the best plan to execute from.

My peers and our leaders are the sharpest individuals in the medical device segment. All driven to succeed while being accountable for helping everyone achieve success.

The hardest part of the job is staying focused on the vital few action items that will create the desired results and any given stage of the selling process. There are so many things that we can act on, and picking the most important one that will compel behavior changing results.

The most enjoyable part is leading my team and our customers to achieve results not thought possible. Working with highly skilled and tenured clinical reps and finding a way to improve through every customer interaction is amazing. Creating a collaborative work environment for our surgical customers to formulate higher efficiency in the OR, resulting in better patient care. Coaching a surgeon to adopt a minimally invasive technique that will take a guaranteed open procedure and create a minimally invasive approach that will forever change the lives of the patients treated. – less
Excessive Changes in Management
Senior NPI Camera Manufacturing Engineer (Current Employee), Sunnyvale, CAAugust 16, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: 12-14 hour days
Leadership is not there. You are expected to take on many task without direction. I learned so much about FDA standards and documentation. Management moves around so much. Co-workers are very tired and stressed. FDA requirements are constantly changing. The pay was very good.
Production Planning
Planner (Former Employee), Santa Clara, CAJuly 17, 2014
Pros: pay was good
Cons: pour on the job training, stock no longer performing, long hours
You may get what you want in pay but you will get twice the work. They ask people to work 10 hour days but really want you to work 12 hour days. Upper management is stiff and disconcerted form real people. The stock is no longer preforming as it did in its heyday but they still think they are at the top of the food chain. If you like to get chewed out – more... in meetings this is the place for you. – less
You feel like a robot making robots
NPI material handler (Former Employee), Sunnyvale caJuly 14, 2014
Pros: the training
Cons: they make you feel like a robot
I received some really great training here on lean mfg. 5S, commwip and they have a good quality management system but my cell as they call the work groups had it own click and I didn't really fit in. Surprised that they did not find another job or cell for me to work in. I was never late and always did what they asked me to do. They wasted a weeks – more... worth of training and I ended up at another company making more money. So glad I saved myself a years worth of time. I would go just for the training though. I think they really just hired me to get them through their quarter end but they were not honest about that from the get go. – less
inspection
Senior Mechanical Inspector Technician (Current Employee), IQCJune 2, 2014
very multi-tasking day with a lot of interfacing with different depts
Highly productive, robotic warehousing, fun place to work.
Surgical Robotics Material Handler & Inspector I (Former Employee), Sunnyvale, CAFebruary 20, 2014
Intuitive is a federal regulated trade zone and it has it own rules and regulations governing their premises. It is a modernized, fun pace workplace. Quality is strictly awarded to those who check and re-check the products.
Great performing company / Horrible place to work
Finance (Former Employee), Sunnyvale, CAFebruary 8, 2014
Cons: too numerous to list
This used to be a great company to work for. Now it is not. It is a grinder. It is very political. They sell a great product, and they do perform, but it comes at a cost if you are an employee.
why do i need to
Sr. Facilities /EH&S Technician IV (Former Employee), Sunnyvale, CAJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: great people work there
Cons: management
I have nothing good or bad to say about Intuitive can not comment due to legal issues and the agreement have signed
Bad management
Senior Graphic Design and multimedia specialist (Current Employee), Sunnyvale, CADecember 26, 2013
My boss was great but above him it was a complete mess. No creative work. All production work.
Intense new company
Financial Travel Analyst (Former Employee), Sunnyvale, CAOctober 16, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: clicks
1* Provide customer service, training, and support of the Concur online booking and expense management reimbursement tool
2* Ensured compliance with policies by training employees on federal and company reporting requirements
3* Monitored key metrics for reporting expense processing goals, including resolving expense report aging
4* Produced Ad-hoc – more... Concur and AMEX reporting
5* Conducted monthly compliance audits, working with AMEX and employees to reconcile Concur accounts – less
Dynamic
Sales (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 3, 2013
Hyper growth, great products, dynamic workforce. Changing the surgical landscape.
Successful, driven company
RMA Specialist (Former Employee), Sunnyvale, CAFebruary 2, 2013
Pros: great benefits package, dedicated team
Cons: high-pressure environment
The work environment is driven hard by high demand of the product of a very fast growing company. The constant rush, demands, and near-emergency situations can be stressful if you don't enjoy that kind of pressure.

Management practices are very well honed and modern, though advancement can be slow as new positions are often filled from outside the – more... company. The company is full of highly dedicated, skilled, and hard working people generally providing a great work environment.

The hardest part of the job is most likely the stress. It can be brutal at times.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the people. Generally people that end up employed there want to be there and contribute and it makes for a great place to work, especially when the pressure is on. – less
excellent benefits
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee), Sunnyvale, CADecember 12, 2012
Pros: stock
Cons: no cafeteria
great people. culture is driven by engineering and product developement
great company good work flow.
material handler 1&2 (Former Employee), sunnyvaleJanuary 27, 2012
Pros: not complicated tasks.
Cons: no cons.
This was 1 of the best jobs i have ever worked for.i had a early shift when i worked there ,which was great.at this company it did not matter what,the job was,the job was done at ease with a steady work flow.also at break or lunch they have coach truck on wheels come to provide meals.

About Intuitive Surgical

Intuitive Surgical is haptic to meet you. Employing haptics (the science of computer-aided touch sensitivity), the firm developed – Read more