Intuitive Surgical Employee Reviews

good place
SOFTWARE INTERN (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAMarch 13, 2017
It is a good plce to work for, has a very good work life balance and provides job security. This compnay gives a very good compensation. Nice place to work for
Intuitive Surgical Inc. Order Support & Customer Service Rep.
Order Management & Customer Service Rep II (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAMarch 8, 2017
At Intuitive Surgical, the patient always comes first and every team works diligently to achieve such a goal. With a heavy order volume (>800 per day) and lengthy, detail-oriented projects simultaneously consuming your day, the company continues to maintain a strong hold as the leader of the Medical Device industry, strenuously creating a robotic presence that is readily adopted.
I learned to meet aggressive deadlines through a strong practice of time-management and organizational skills. I also learned how to generate and analyze operational/transaction reports that allow us to increase efficiency and amend policies to favor the customer's needs.
amazing place
Data Analytics Intern (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAFebruary 20, 2017
Great place to work. I love the work culture, and the way all teams support each other. Its amazing to see how upper management takes effort to make everyone feel so comfortable to work.
fun place to work for
Quality Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJanuary 12, 2017
i really enjoyed working with this company they group of people i worked with were very enjoyable and fun easy to get along with, management was very friendly and open to any employee concerns
Long hrs and no life.
Inspector Technician (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJanuary 11, 2017
I worked a typical "swing shift" 4:45 pm- 2:30 am. Worked there over 3 yrs as a temp. I learned vision systems and a multitude of other instruments. The management was the best I have ever had by far. Co-workers stayed to themselves. The hrs were the hardest part. Worked every Sat for over 3 yrs also. I enjoyed out team building times and our once a week meetings.
Pros
Pay was good and I learned a great deal.
Cons
As a temp -no insurance / time off etc.
Working under pressure
Sterilization Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJanuary 11, 2017
In the Field Service Engineer position some days can be extremely stressful. One day in Anchorage, Alaska our daVinci Robotic Surgery System had a hard failure. With a Hard Failure the System is completely down until a visit from a Field Service Engineer can take place. At the time I was living in California and I was the only Field Service Engineer available. I flew to Anchorage, Alaska in a massive winter storm picked up the service parts at FedEx and repaired the down system under extreme pressure. There were Doctors, nurses and most importantly the patient waiting for surgery. I had one hour to perform a repair that usually takes three hours minimum. I completed the repair with just minutes to go. I stayed in the operating room to make sure that the patient had a positive outcome and the daVinci Robotic Surgery System was operating within the parameters of our Standard Operating Procedure. The patient had a positive outcome with a major surgery and was very grateful to hear that a Field Service Engineer traveled from San Francisco to repair the complex surgical system and also make sure that they were satisfied with a surgical procedure that saved their life.

The above example awarded me a Making A Difference Award. This is a very high award given to only 3 Field Service Engineers every year at the annual customer service meeting. This award was won of 4 awards that I received as a Field Service Engineer at Intuitive Surgical.
Pros
work vehicle, company gas card
Cons
100% travel
Can gain valuable experiences on the job
Manufacturing Lead (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJuly 20, 2016
Would recommend this company of many different levels. Job security, health benefits were above average, and company would show appreciation of it's employees with events and incentives.
Cool technology, meaningful working with doctors to help treat patients, but.....
Customer Training specialist (Former Employee) –  californiaJune 5, 2016
The company tends to overwork its employees, provides very little opportunity for promotion, misleads employees regarding job promotions, and the political management gets old working under.
Pros
pays well, cool technology, meaningful work
Cons
bureaucratic atmosphere, huge egos to deal with
Intuitive Surgical
MARKETING MATERIALS SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAApril 14, 2016
I love working for Intuitive Surgical!... and I don't want to leave, but on the same token, I miss being home & I miss being with my fur babies.
Pros
Stock options
Cons
I wish ISI was closer to Valley Springs CA
Great schedule
Assembly Technician (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAFebruary 4, 2016
Great company to work for if you are on day shift, by the time you are out it is still bright enough to enjoy the rest of your day.

Ultimately, as long you have something to do on a daily basis you should be good to go. They have a low tolerance for being late, so assure you are well grounded with your work ethic.

Free coffee in every corner of the building.
Pros
Great schedule, work life balance
Cons
little interaction with managers, Moving up can be complex
Helping out...
Assembly Technician IV (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAOctober 26, 2015
Everyday is never the same. We are presented with challenges on meeting company and customer expectations. This is to be expected in a fast paced environment. Great place to work and grow. Highly recommend.
OEM Customer Service RMA Coordinator
OEM/RMA Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale , Ca 94086October 13, 2015
Receiving in defective materials from the field and working with OEM vendors to get these pieces of equipment repaired or replace to replenish inventory needs. The Inventory is for the Field Service Engineers that is our main priority to make sure they have the parts needed when visiting a site location.
Pros
ISRG DaVinci Robot saves lifes daily
Cons
Very strict and low flexibility for employees
leader
Lead Assembler (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 6, 2015
i work for this company about 2 years.
i was assembler about 1 year and get promote to lead.
i have learn form engineer and manager.
my co-worker is fun, i just want all my guy do a good and quality job.
my hard part is my guy is make to many mistake on the job.
Pros
free lunch on Saturday OT
Innovative company with great work life balance
Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAOctober 4, 2015
Innovative company with great work life balance. Significant responsibilities given to junior employees makes Intuitive a great place to grow your career. Very laid back work environment.
Benefits are better than the pay
Lab Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAAugust 5, 2015
Very political and low pay, also they discourage overtime even after being told by recruiter that 10 percent of my pay would be overtime and was given a higher pay scenario.
A good place to work
Assembly Technician, Tester (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAAugust 2, 2015
A positive work enviroment with friendly people. Heavy workload with a lot of pressure of building a quality product. Opportunity for promotions very limited
Pros
long breaks
Cons
very strict
Productive work environment
Operator III (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAMay 11, 2015
indecent management could use replacement. long work hours but on the brighter side every 6 months you get evaluated for a raise.
Good company for salary and benefits.
Senior Service Logistics Planner (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJanuary 19, 2015
ISI pays well and offers attractive benefits, while producing a great product. The folks here are very accountable for their jobs and it's a fast-paced and fluid environment that always keeps the work interesting.

The main weakness is that you can wind up in a bad group with a terrible manager... which when paired with the fast pace and high expectations, gets people to their pain thresh hold quickly. Despite the attractive pay and benefits, I haven't seen as many good employees running for the door when things go bad because it simply isn't worth putting up with the trouble anymore.
ok place
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJanuary 14, 2015
Hours are really long the management is good but they don't give opportunity for advancement. It can be stressful at times with lack of information to provide customers. Again expected hours during quarter end were 6 to 6
Pros
good place to get experience and have on your resume
Cons
n o opportunity for advancement
Decent work culture with good people
SAP ABAP Consultant (Current Employee) –  SunnyvaleDecember 11, 2014
I have been working here for more than 3 years as contractor,its been good experience
Pros
Good People
Cons
Less Opportunity to learn new things for contractor

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Intuitive Surgical. Our community is ready to answer.