Intuitive Surgical Employee Reviews

Can gain valuable experiences on the job
Manufacturing Lead (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJuly 20, 2016
Would recommend this company of many different levels. Job security, health benefits were above average, and company would show appreciation of it's employees with events and incentives.
Cool technology, meaningful working with doctors to help treat patients, but.....
Customer Training specialist (Former Employee) –  californiaJune 5, 2016
The company tends to overwork its employees, provides very little opportunity for promotion, misleads employees regarding job promotions, and the political management gets old working under.
Pros
pays well, cool technology, meaningful work
Cons
bureaucratic atmosphere, huge egos to deal with
Intuitive Surgical
MARKETING MATERIALS SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAApril 14, 2016
I love working for Intuitive Surgical!... and I don't want to leave, but on the same token, I miss being home & I miss being with my fur babies.
Pros
Stock options
Cons
I wish ISI was closer to Valley Springs CA
Great schedule
Assembly Technician (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAFebruary 4, 2016
Great company to work for if you are on day shift, by the time you are out it is still bright enough to enjoy the rest of your day.

Ultimately, as long you have something to do on a daily basis you should be good to go. They have a low tolerance for being late, so assure you are well grounded with your work ethic.

Free coffee in every corner of the building.
Pros
Great schedule, work life balance
Cons
little interaction with managers, Moving up can be complex
Helping out...
Assembly Technician IV (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAOctober 26, 2015
Everyday is never the same. We are presented with challenges on meeting company and customer expectations. This is to be expected in a fast paced environment. Great place to work and grow. Highly recommend.
OEM Customer Service RMA Coordinator
OEM/RMA Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale , Ca 94086October 13, 2015
Receiving in defective materials from the field and working with OEM vendors to get these pieces of equipment repaired or replace to replenish inventory needs. The Inventory is for the Field Service Engineers that is our main priority to make sure they have the parts needed when visiting a site location.
Pros
ISRG DaVinci Robot saves lifes daily
Cons
Very strict and low flexibility for employees
leader
Lead Assembler (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 6, 2015
i work for this company about 2 years.
i was assembler about 1 year and get promote to lead.
i have learn form engineer and manager.
my co-worker is fun, i just want all my guy do a good and quality job.
my hard part is my guy is make to many mistake on the job.
Pros
free lunch on Saturday OT
Innovative company with great work life balance
Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAOctober 4, 2015
Innovative company with great work life balance. Significant responsibilities given to junior employees makes Intuitive a great place to grow your career. Very laid back work environment.
Benefits are better than the pay
Lab Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAAugust 5, 2015
Very political and low pay, also they discourage overtime even after being told by recruiter that 10 percent of my pay would be overtime and was given a higher pay scenario.
A good place to work
Assembly Technician, Tester (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAAugust 2, 2015
A positive work enviroment with friendly people. Heavy workload with a lot of pressure of building a quality product. Opportunity for promotions very limited
Pros
long breaks
Cons
very strict
Productive work environment
Operator III (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAMay 11, 2015
indecent management could use replacement. long work hours but on the brighter side every 6 months you get evaluated for a raise.
Good company for salary and benefits.
Senior Service Logistics Planner (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJanuary 19, 2015
ISI pays well and offers attractive benefits, while producing a great product. The folks here are very accountable for their jobs and it's a fast-paced and fluid environment that always keeps the work interesting.

The main weakness is that you can wind up in a bad group with a terrible manager... which when paired with the fast pace and high expectations, gets people to their pain thresh hold quickly. Despite the attractive pay and benefits, I haven't seen as many good employees running for the door when things go bad because it simply isn't worth putting up with the trouble anymore.
ok place
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJanuary 14, 2015
Hours are really long the management is good but they don't give opportunity for advancement. It can be stressful at times with lack of information to provide customers. Again expected hours during quarter end were 6 to 6
Pros
good place to get experience and have on your resume
Cons
n o opportunity for advancement
Decent work culture with good people
SAP ABAP Consultant (Current Employee) –  SunnyvaleDecember 11, 2014
I have been working here for more than 3 years as contractor,its been good experience
Pros
good people
Cons
less opportunity to learn new things for contractor
Great culture
QA Tester (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAOctober 22, 2014
Great people
Management lack communication skills
co-workers are helpful
Hard working enivronment
NPI TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CASeptember 26, 2014
A great company to work at with amazing people and great hours. A lot of overtime, so you never have to worry about that.
the most advanced technology in surgery backed by a fast paced company culture dedicated and aligned behind one vision
da Vinci Clinical Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 5, 2014
There really is not a typical day in the life of a da Vinci sales professional. However, a day in the life of a sales manager could involve, a two to three day field ride with a rep, followed by conference calls and one:one performance calls with my team. In the field ride day, starting off with a robotics committee meeting with the OR leadership and C-suite executives, discussing high level performance metrics and the strategy to guide improved economic and clinical outcomes. Following, 3 cases with surgeons and staff at different points in the learning curve, using high direction, backed by clinical and technical expertise to, create successful outcomes not achievable with robotic technology.

What I learned? More than all of my work experience combined. I learned to changing the standard of care requires building trust, delivering high value, create equal business stature with your customer base, be excellent in managing operations, highly clinical with the ability to sell in a compelling and provocative manner, be proactive in communication and leadership, and highly collaborative. Collaborating with multiple internal sources even on a 5 minute call, can generate enough feedback to create the best plan to execute from.

My peers and our leaders are the sharpest individuals in the medical device segment. All driven to succeed while being accountable for helping everyone achieve success.

The hardest part of the job is staying focused on the vital few action items that will create the desired results and any given stage of the selling process. There are so many things that
  more... we can act on, and picking the most important one that will compel behavior changing results.

The most enjoyable part is leading my team and our customers to achieve results not thought possible. Working with highly skilled and tenured clinical reps and finding a way to improve through every customer interaction is amazing. Creating a collaborative work environment for our surgical customers to formulate higher efficiency in the OR, resulting in better patient care. Coaching a surgeon to adopt a minimally invasive technique that will take a guaranteed open procedure and create a minimally invasive approach that will forever change the lives of the patients treated.
Pros
challenging and rewarding work, high compensation, and incredible collaborative culture
Cons
work life balance is compromised due to the high levels of energy, capacity, and commitment required
Excessive Changes in Management
Senior NPI Camera Manufacturing Engineer (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAAugust 16, 2014
Leadership is not there. You are expected to take on many task without direction. I learned so much about FDA standards and documentation. Management moves around so much. Co-workers are very tired and stressed. FDA requirements are constantly changing. The pay was very good.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
12-14 hour days
Production Planning
Planner (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJuly 17, 2014
You may get what you want in pay but you will get twice the work. They ask people to work 10 hour days but really want you to work 12 hour days. Upper management is stiff and disconcerted form real people. The stock is no longer preforming as it did in its heyday but they still think they are at the top of the food chain. If you like to get chewed out in meetings this is the place for you.
Pros
pay was good
Cons
pour on the job training, stock no longer performing, long hours
You feel like a robot making robots
NPI material handler (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale caJuly 14, 2014
I received some really great training here on lean mfg. 5S, commwip and they have a good quality management system but my cell as they call the work groups had it own click and I didn't really fit in. Surprised that they did not find another job or cell for me to work in. I was never late and always did what they asked me to do. They wasted a weeks worth of training and I ended up at another company making more money. So glad I saved myself a years worth of time. I would go just for the training though. I think they really just hired me to get them through their quarter end but they were not honest about that from the get go.
Pros
the training
Cons
they make you feel like a robot