Intuitive Surgical Employee Reviews

Nice Experiance
SAP Basis consultant (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 15, 2017
I gain lot of knowledge and management is very good. I have learnt new things about new technologies. intuitive surgical is robot manufacturer company.
Good Place to Work
Senior Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJune 27, 2017
Overall this is a good place to work.

Fast paced environment and Most Sr Staff is willing to help.
I like the Barbarian mentality to get stuff done.

Team seems to be positive and not a lot of cut throat.
Pros
Inexpensive Lunches
Cons
Thin Staff
great product but issues with company culture
Clinical Sales Representative, Bay Area (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 22, 2017
Amazing technology with interaction with multiple specialties. Treated as expert in the room with customers. learned anatomy in multiple specialties, C-level selling. Lots of firing and hiring which had negative impact on culture and consistency with management.
Pros
amazing proudtc
Cons
issues with culture
People are unfriendly
AFQI Technician (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJune 20, 2017
Management is suck, only listen to the lead. If the lead didn't like you. Your contract will ended sooner than you though. I will never come back there.
Innovative technology
Sr. Clinical Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  UtahApril 26, 2017
Most enjoyable seeing surgeons achieve greater outcomes as a result of the technology. Working with staff to build a economically sound robotic surgical program.
Excellent culture and company to be a part of.
Regulatory Post Market Surveillance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAMarch 26, 2017
The company, its people and its leadership are best in class. Great company and overall environment to be a part of. There is a constant emphasis on growth and process improvement.
good place
SOFTWARE INTERN (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAMarch 13, 2017
It is a good plce to work for, has a very good work life balance and provides job security. This compnay gives a very good compensation. Nice place to work for
Intuitive Surgical Inc. Order Support & Customer Service Rep.
Order Management & Customer Service Rep II (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAMarch 8, 2017
At Intuitive Surgical, the patient always comes first and every team works diligently to achieve such a goal. With a heavy order volume (>800 per day) and lengthy, detail-oriented projects simultaneously consuming your day, the company continues to maintain a strong hold as the leader of the Medical Device industry, strenuously creating a robotic presence that is readily adopted.
I learned to meet aggressive deadlines through a strong practice of time-management and organizational skills. I also learned how to generate and analyze operational/transaction reports that allow us to increase efficiency and amend policies to favor the customer's needs.
amazing place
Data Analytics Intern (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAFebruary 20, 2017
Great place to work. I love the work culture, and the way all teams support each other. Its amazing to see how upper management takes effort to make everyone feel so comfortable to work.
productive and fun workplace with ping pong table
Sr. Salesforce Developer (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAFebruary 20, 2017
nice place to work. you will learn lot of new things. very good management. No need to work hard. good team members.
Unbeatable Salary (better than Google, Apple, Facebook)
Great live balance, you can't ask to such balance with such competitive salary.Annual bonus goes upto 30% of your salary, which is rare and it is based on individual.
fun place to work for
Quality Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJanuary 12, 2017
i really enjoyed working with this company they group of people i worked with were very enjoyable and fun easy to get along with, management was very friendly and open to any employee concerns
Long hrs and no life.
Inspector Technician (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJanuary 11, 2017
I worked a typical "swing shift" 4:45 pm- 2:30 am. Worked there over 3 yrs as a temp. I learned vision systems and a multitude of other instruments. The management was the best I have ever had by far. Co-workers stayed to themselves. The hrs were the hardest part. Worked every Sat for over 3 yrs also. I enjoyed out team building times and our once a week meetings.
Pros
Pay was good and I learned a great deal.
Cons
As a temp -no insurance / time off etc.
Working under pressure
Sterilization Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJanuary 11, 2017
In the Field Service Engineer position some days can be extremely stressful. One day in Anchorage, Alaska our daVinci Robotic Surgery System had a hard failure. With a Hard Failure the System is completely down until a visit from a Field Service Engineer can take place. At the time I was living in California and I was the only Field Service Engineer available. I flew to Anchorage, Alaska in a massive winter storm picked up the service parts at FedEx and repaired the down system under extreme pressure. There were Doctors, nurses and most importantly the patient waiting for surgery. I had one hour to perform a repair that usually takes three hours minimum. I completed the repair with just minutes to go. I stayed in the operating room to make sure that the patient had a positive outcome and the daVinci Robotic Surgery System was operating within the parameters of our Standard Operating Procedure. The patient had a positive outcome with a major surgery and was very grateful to hear that a Field Service Engineer traveled from San Francisco to repair the complex surgical system and also make sure that they were satisfied with a surgical procedure that saved their life.

The above example awarded me a Making A Difference Award. This is a very high award given to only 3 Field Service Engineers every year at the annual customer service meeting. This award was won of 4 awards that I received as a Field Service Engineer at Intuitive Surgical.
Pros
work vehicle, company gas card
Cons
100% travel
Fun
Test Analyst (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CANovember 21, 2016
Many staff are genuinely very kind and good people. I would recommend it if you want to work of an awesome firm that is hard working and super supportive
people working here were awesome
Assembly Technician (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAOctober 5, 2016
busy busy busy all day long building with small parts. supervisors were down to earth but managers were almost too strict. best part of the job was the longer than usual lunch and all the free food on the weekends. the hardest part of the day was not being able to take bathroom breaks. we had to keep building until the next scheduled break.
Can gain valuable experiences on the job
Manufacturing Lead (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJuly 20, 2016
Would recommend this company of many different levels. Job security, health benefits were above average, and company would show appreciation of it's employees with events and incentives.
Cool technology, meaningful working with doctors to help treat patients, but.....
Customer Training specialist (Former Employee) –  californiaJune 5, 2016
The company tends to overwork its employees, provides very little opportunity for promotion, misleads employees regarding job promotions, and the political management gets old working under.
Pros
pays well, cool technology, meaningful work
Cons
bureaucratic atmosphere, huge egos to deal with
Intuitive Surgical
MARKETING MATERIALS SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAApril 14, 2016
I love working for Intuitive Surgical!... and I don't want to leave, but on the same token, I miss being home & I miss being with my fur babies.
Pros
Stock options
Cons
I wish ISI was closer to Valley Springs CA
Great schedule
Assembly Technician (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAFebruary 4, 2016
Great company to work for if you are on day shift, by the time you are out it is still bright enough to enjoy the rest of your day.

Ultimately, as long you have something to do on a daily basis you should be good to go. They have a low tolerance for being late, so assure you are well grounded with your work ethic.

Free coffee in every corner of the building.
Pros
Great schedule, work life balance
Cons
little interaction with managers, Moving up can be complex
Helping out...
Assembly Technician IV (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAOctober 26, 2015
Everyday is never the same. We are presented with challenges on meeting company and customer expectations. This is to be expected in a fast paced environment. Great place to work and grow. Highly recommend.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Intuitive Surgical. Our community is ready to answer.