Invacare Corporation Employee Reviews

great benefits and good working conditions
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  N Ridgeville, OHSeptember 14, 2016
I handled up to 100 calls a day answering questions about products, entered orders returns working with shipping. I also entered customer contracts and promo's.
Learned a lot from this company
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Elyria, OHNovember 4, 2015
Invacare has undergone significant change over the past few years as a result of entering into the Consent Decree with the FDA. There were many poor decisions made by management within the early stages of the CD and they have contributed to their current tumultuous situation. Most of the engineering knowledge has left the company and they are in a difficult position to bring the company back to its former glory.
Pros
Workplace Community
Cons
Poor management direction, lack of job security, terrible infrastructure
enjoy working with most people
"Design Support Specialist" (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OHSeptember 11, 2015
I was always busy, makes the day go by faster. It was a fun place to work, everyone was in good mood. If someone wasn't, Manager or Supervisor always made time for you to talk with them. It was a good Company to work for until everything started getting shipped to Mexico and over to China. That's when my job was deleted and so was I.
What I learned was always be flexible. Be able to take on more responsibilities and to fill-in when others were on vacations.
Pros
Was a good Company to work for.
Cons
I didn't like losing my job.
It was a very rewarding 15 years. With a lot of personal growth.
Territory Business Manager and Trainer (Current Employee) –  South TexasOctober 13, 2015
For fifteen years it was a very good place to grow and learn. I enjoyed the people and made a good living. I sold the best products and made a good living.
Pros
My relatationships with my follow reps. and my customers.
Cons
very few.
professional work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OHOctober 6, 2015
This is a highly reputable company. I had plenty of training to keep myself educated on product. Their was always someone to back you up if you needed assistance on a matter. The hours were good and pay as well.
Pros
very professional work environment
Better than being unemployed
IT Manager (Former Employee) –  OhioMay 8, 2015
If you're considering Invacare as a potential employer, take some good time to consider where are you coming from:
- Expect no growth as the Mgt team operates as a family owned company.
- If you are unemployed, just be prepared to gain experience and keep looking for the exit door.
- Very common for some old timers to lead by fear, making easy decisions hard, and hard decisions poor.
- Most mean good.
Pros
Better than nothing
Cons
Bearly better than nothing
Hard working
Financial Services Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OHNovember 18, 2015
Company is no longer in business. A competitor bought them. The job was fun and challenging. I liked all of the trouble shooting I did there.
Varied and Engaging Work Assignments
Development Manager, Recall Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OHMarch 6, 2015
Tracked CIO budget during first year of employment.
Instituted project delivery procedures for IT during second through fourth years of employment.
Managed IT development for certain applications during second through fourth years of employment.
Coordinated product recall communications during fifth year of employment.
Pros
Project management opportunities in the Manufacturing industry, varied work assignments.
fun and challenging
packer (Former Employee) –  Cranbury, NJOctober 6, 2015
this place was run by two wonderful managers its unfortunate one left we were always busy and the challenges seemed endless . My assignment ended there this is the job i miss the most
Good Workplace and Management
Senior Buyer/Plastics and Non-Metals (Current Employee) –  Elyria, OHFebruary 23, 2015
Overall good company. Management is flexible and very helpful. Company is going through a lot of change. Hardest part of the job is working with other departments but most enjoyable is the satisfaction and credit you receive for completing a project/task. New CEO, but hopefully it goes in the right direction.
Pros
Cons
Walls between departments. Old systems
Internal Wholesaler of Medical Supplies
Inside Sale Representative (Former Employee) –  Milford, MAJanuary 8, 2015
Invacare was a great company to work for. My typical day was making at least 35 calls per day to potential customers to infusion pharmacies, hospitals and medical supply companies. My immediate manager and co-workers were wonderful. The hardest part of the job was converting potential prospects into regular customers. Although, I have found that to be the most difficult aspect of any inside sales position. The most enjoyable aspect of the position was when I did convert a prospect into a regular customer and my co-workers.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
constant pressure to convert prospective clients
Was a good place to work for years now they have issues.
Associate II (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OHJuly 20, 2014
I would go into work have a meeting to start out the day to access problems. I learned how to work with people and be efficient. Management did not handle the situation well, I have no job after 30 years. Co-workers were great but you always have difficult ones. It was hard when they cut down and you would have to do more than one job, but it made me a living for years.
Pros
Free lunches, cookouts, did have rewards for perfect attendance for years.
Cons
Unemployed now.
Invacare was a great company with great products that truly believes in its ability to help their customers and improve patient's quality of life
Territory Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver and S. Colorado RegionOctober 31, 2012
Working with Invacare was one of the most invaluable experiences I could have ever had. Being an outside sales rep, I was able to balance work and life while working long hours and traveling around Colorado. The hardest part of the job was not being able to advance or see a clear path to advancement. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping customers fill the need they had for their patients and their own customers.
Pros
flexible work environment, great products to sell, very involved marketing and engineering teams
Cons
inconsistent management
The best products in the rehab/recovery arena
TBM/RM (Former Employee) –  Mid Ohio,West Virginia ,ElyriaSeptember 7, 2013
Never was typical day,start with the rt turn left turn mentality, which way today to help assist an end user. Very rewarding in patient client interaction, Famous quote " What have you done for us lately"..this is the way of the road...
Direct supervision is spot on, regional support endless, was a great company to work for "Respect" earned,..from one another
Lead by a very positive man..Job never done always more to do attitude..
Pros
Supportive, Spot on gov't issues for clients, Quality # 1, Comfortable Job....
Cons
Advancement was difficult because no one wanted to leave, Some mangement styles were dealing with fear of job security
N/a
Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee) –  North Ridgeville, OHJuly 13, 2015
Coming from a large carrier, onto Distribution & Manufacturing is really making me well rounded in all aspects of logistics and transportation needs
Pros
Cons
Future of Invacare-Consent Decree
secure place to work
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  sanford, FLJuly 30, 2015
The people are great. there is plenty of opportunity for overtime. busy workplace definitely makes the days go by quickly. management are easy to work with, very approachable.
Bad people, making bad choices!
Sales (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OhioMay 30, 2015
The sales department is a joke . The managers can't sell so what makes them think they can manage Sales people??? Managers preaching instead of leading sales people.
Pros
Peers
Cons
Managers
Good teamwork and variety of tasks
Accounts Payable Clerk/Business Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Norwood MA 02062February 24, 2015
Office had a team culture. Co-workers were always willing to offer a helping hand. I enjoyed my days at work because there was always something new coming my way.
Great Upper Management
Territory Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  SoutheastMarch 4, 2015
Upper Management really drives the biz from top down. Regional expectations communicated throughout the line. Great products and market presence.
Pros
work from home
Cons
Heavy reporting
Learned alot, enjoyed working with some nice people
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OHMarch 24, 2014
worked at Invacare a lot of years, learned a lot, enjoyed the job for the most part, was fast paced accounting dept...
Pros
close to home
Cons
always on a rollercoaster wondering if you would be next to get laid off

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Invacare Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3