Invacare Corporation Employee Reviews

Company in transition
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OHFebruary 19, 2017
Company has changed NOT FOR FOR THE BETTER. Does not matter if you do your job well. Lots of favoritism from supervisor's. Some of the co-workers are great people. Used to be a great place to work but would not recommend this company now. You are very micromanaged very stressful situation now since the job cuts.You are now just a number at this company.
Pros
Some of the people, Benefits
Cons
Micromanagement, Favorites by Supervisors
WAS a great place. Cuts are coming fast.
Territory Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 2, 2017
During my time there it was a great place to work. Pre cuts from the government, everybody was buying and selling. Everybody was making money. Med Trade was a blast, but meaningful.
Pros
Great training and experienced reps
Cons
Industry cuts .
Good people to work with
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  North Ridgeville, OHDecember 12, 2016
Management is less than caring. Some of the best co-workers I have worked with.
Lots of favoritism played, doesn't matter how well you do your job, if you know the right people things go well for you.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
no notice when getting rid of jobs
Invacare
Cash poster (Current Employee) –  EYRIA OHDecember 9, 2016
Invacare is a good company. Ive worked there for 16 years. Good people. Good job environment. Great hours. Invacare is going in the right direction..
Pros
GOOD PEOPLE
Cons
BENEFEITS
great benefits and good working conditions
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  N Ridgeville, OHSeptember 14, 2016
I handled up to 100 calls a day answering questions about products, entered orders returns working with shipping. I also entered customer contracts and promo's.
Good work environment
Financial Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  Elyria, OHNovember 19, 2015
Good work environment, little to no micro managing. There is a team like atmosphere in financial services. New CEO, more changes will be made but I see them being positive.
Pros
Cafeteria, employee appreciation day
Cons
recent lay-offs
Hard working
Financial Services Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OHNovember 18, 2015
Company is no longer in business. A competitor bought them. The job was fun and challenging. I liked all of the trouble shooting I did there.
Learned a lot from this company
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Elyria, OHNovember 4, 2015
Invacare has undergone significant change over the past few years as a result of entering into the Consent Decree with the FDA. There were many poor decisions made by management within the early stages of the CD and they have contributed to their current tumultuous situation. Most of the engineering knowledge has left the company and they are in a difficult position to bring the company back to its former glory.
Pros
Workplace Community
Cons
Poor management direction, lack of job security, terrible infrastructure
It was a very rewarding 15 years. With a lot of personal growth.
Territory Business Manager and Trainer (Current Employee) –  South TexasOctober 13, 2015
For fifteen years it was a very good place to grow and learn. I enjoyed the people and made a good living. I sold the best products and made a good living.
Pros
My relatationships with my follow reps. and my customers.
Cons
very few.
fun and challenging
packer (Former Employee) –  Cranbury, NJOctober 6, 2015
this place was run by two wonderful managers its unfortunate one left we were always busy and the challenges seemed endless . My assignment ended there this is the job i miss the most
professional work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OHOctober 6, 2015
This is a highly reputable company. I had plenty of training to keep myself educated on product. Their was always someone to back you up if you needed assistance on a matter. The hours were good and pay as well.
Pros
very professional work environment
enjoy working with most people
"Design Support Specialist" (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OHSeptember 11, 2015
I was always busy, makes the day go by faster. It was a fun place to work, everyone was in good mood. If someone wasn't, Manager or Supervisor always made time for you to talk with them. It was a good Company to work for until everything started getting shipped to Mexico and over to China. That's when my job was deleted and so was I.
What I learned was always be flexible. Be able to take on more responsibilities and to fill-in when others were on vacations.
Pros
Was a good Company to work for.
Cons
I didn't like losing my job.
secure place to work
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  sanford, FLJuly 30, 2015
The people are great. there is plenty of opportunity for overtime. busy workplace definitely makes the days go by quickly. management are easy to work with, very approachable.
N/a
Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee) –  North Ridgeville, OHJuly 13, 2015
Coming from a large carrier, onto Distribution & Manufacturing is really making me well rounded in all aspects of logistics and transportation needs
Pros
Cons
Future of Invacare-Consent Decree
Bad people, making bad choices!
Sales (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OhioMay 30, 2015
The sales department is a joke . The managers can't sell so what makes them think they can manage Sales people??? Managers preaching instead of leading sales people.
Pros
Peers
Cons
Managers
Better than being unemployed
IT Manager (Former Employee) –  OhioMay 8, 2015
If you're considering Invacare as a potential employer, take some good time to consider where are you coming from:
- Expect no growth as the Mgt team operates as a family owned company.
- If you are unemployed, just be prepared to gain experience and keep looking for the exit door.
- Very common for some old timers to lead by fear, making easy decisions hard, and hard decisions poor.
- Most mean good.
Pros
Better than nothing
Cons
Bearly better than nothing
Varied and Engaging Work Assignments
Development Manager, Recall Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OHMarch 6, 2015
Tracked CIO budget during first year of employment.
Instituted project delivery procedures for IT during second through fourth years of employment.
Managed IT development for certain applications during second through fourth years of employment.
Coordinated product recall communications during fifth year of employment.
Pros
Project management opportunities in the Manufacturing industry, varied work assignments.
Great Upper Management
Territory Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  SoutheastMarch 4, 2015
Upper Management really drives the biz from top down. Regional expectations communicated throughout the line. Great products and market presence.
Pros
work from home
Cons
Heavy reporting
Good teamwork and variety of tasks
Accounts Payable Clerk/Business Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Norwood MA 02062February 24, 2015
Office had a team culture. Co-workers were always willing to offer a helping hand. I enjoyed my days at work because there was always something new coming my way.
Good Workplace and Management
Senior Buyer/Plastics and Non-Metals (Current Employee) –  Elyria, OHFebruary 23, 2015
Overall good company. Management is flexible and very helpful. Company is going through a lot of change. Hardest part of the job is working with other departments but most enjoyable is the satisfaction and credit you receive for completing a project/task. New CEO, but hopefully it goes in the right direction.
Pros
Cons
Walls between departments. Old systems

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Invacare Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9