Invacare Corporation

Invacare Corporation Employer Reviews

Great Upper Management
Territory Sales Manager (Former Employee), SoutheastMarch 4, 2015
Pros: work from home
Cons: heavy reporting
Upper Management really drives the biz from top down. Regional expectations communicated throughout the line. Great products and market presence.
Good teamwork and variety of tasks
Accounts Payable Clerk/Business Office Manager (Former Employee), Norwood MA 02062February 24, 2015
Office had a team culture. Co-workers were always willing to offer a helping hand. I enjoyed my days at work because there was always something new coming my way.
Good Workplace and Management
Senior Buyer/Plastics and Non-Metals (Current Employee), Elyria, OHFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: management
Cons: walls between departments. old systems
Overall good company. Management is flexible and very helpful. Company is going through a lot of change. Hardest part of the job is working with other departments but most enjoyable is the satisfaction and credit you receive for completing a project/task. New CEO, but hopefully it goes in the right direction.
Small Manufacturer
Cost Accountant (Former Employee), Orlando FLJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: small
Cons: small and limited upward growth
Fast paced and management willing to understand employee opinions and react to data
Internal Wholesaler of Medical Supplies
Inside Sale Representative (Former Employee), Milford, MAJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: co-workers
Cons: constant pressure to convert prospective clients
Invacare was a great company to work for. My typical day was making at least 35 calls per day to potential customers to infusion pharmacies, hospitals and medical supply companies. My immediate manager and co-workers were wonderful. The hardest part of the job was converting potential prospects into regular customers. Although, I have found that to be the most difficult aspect of any inside sales position. The most enjoyable aspect of the position was when I did convert a prospect into a regular customer and my co-workers.
Company needs a culture change
Admin (Current Employee), Elyria, OHDecember 3, 2014
Pros: ability to work at home when needed
Cons: need to come into the 21st century - still running company like the "good 'ole boys" club
Individuals are willing to make changes but high up management is clueless
Productive environment with a friendly atmosphere.
Assembler (Former Employee), Sanford, FLNovember 8, 2014
Pros: great people, good breaks and water breaks were always alowed
Cons: late shifts working long even on weekends.
Working here we had our owe duties, we also had to work together to get everything done right on time. We all told ourselves everyones job is our job, because if they couldn't do there job we helped them do it. I learned to use power tools, machines, and air saws to do my work, i learned how to assemble drawers, wardrobes, and cabinets. I also learned that team work makes the job get done a lot faster, my part of the job was the part that got finished first, after my job was done then i would jump and help someone else, which usually was finishing the product. The management was amazing, I couldn't complain, nor would I, these were some of the most professional people i worked for. My co-works relied on me do my job to help them, and i relied on the to do theres. Everyone got a long and made my job way easier than what most would. The hardest part of the job was keeping orders going, we would get order after order and we were filled to the brim on orders and with team work we got everything do one time. The most enjoyable part of the job was coming to work finishing my work and knowing that people are buying a quality product!
The Goliath
Territory Business Manager (Former Employee), WisconsinOctober 27, 2014
Pros: the people
Cons: the industry and fda shutting our doors
I spent 21 years with Invacare and loved what I did, believed it what we did and miss it every day.
Productive place to work
Line Leader (Former Employee), Elyria, OHSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: benefits, hours, teamwork
Cons: poor management & mass layoff
Good teamwork, supervisors worked with you, training was updated
compliance is not taken seriously enough.
Director, Audit Planning (Former Employee), Elyria, OhioAugust 27, 2014
Senior Management does not take compliance seriously enough.
Was a good place to work for years now they have issues.
Associate II (Former Employee), Elyria, OHJuly 20, 2014
Pros: free lunches, cookouts, did have rewards for perfect attendance for years.
Cons: unemployed now.
I would go into work have a meeting to start out the day to access problems. I learned how to work with people and be efficient. Management did not handle the situation well, I have no job after 30 years. Co-workers were great but you always have difficult ones. It was hard when they cut down and you would have to do more than one job, but it made me a living for years.
Great company with a lot of obstacles in front of them
Business (Current Employee), OhioJuly 6, 2014
Pros: benefits, work life balance
Cons: the industry is too dependent on the federal government
Invacare is a great company that puts out the best products in their industry.
Learned alot, enjoyed working with some nice people
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee), Elyria, OHMarch 24, 2014
Pros: close to home
Cons: always on a rollercoaster wondering if you would be next to get laid off
worked at Invacare a lot of years, learned a lot, enjoyed the job for the most part, was fast paced accounting dept...
Great People But Less Job Security
Concept Engineer (Former Employee), Elyria, OHDecember 15, 2013
Everyone there is pretty easy to work with, but with the issues with the FDA job security is a bit iffy.
was a great place to work untill questionable management changes
Tow motor operator (Former Employee), Elyria, OHNovember 16, 2013
it was good until the layoff....and the let go of skilled employees but kept ones that didn't know anything.
Very busy and stressful
Investigator (Former Employee), Elyria, OHOctober 1, 2013
Pros: close group to work with.
Overall, a great place to work, the people are very helpful and friendly.
Great place to work.
Rehab II Specialist (Former Employee), Elyria, OHSeptember 9, 2013
Pros: everything great
Cons: no cons
Worked an 8 hour day processing orders, quotes, etc. that were faxed in from the dealers. Also, assisted with the calls coming in when the que was backed up. Enjoyed the people as well as the position itself.
The best products in the rehab/recovery arena
TBM/RM (Former Employee), Mid Ohio,West Virginia ,ElyriaSeptember 7, 2013
Pros: supportive, spot on gov't issues for clients, quality # 1, comfortable job....
Cons: advancement was difficult because no one wanted to leave, some mangement styles were dealing with fear of job security
Never was typical day,start with the rt turn left turn mentality, which way today to help assist an end user. Very rewarding in patient client interaction, Famous quote " What have you done for us lately"..this is the way of the road...
Direct supervision is spot on, regional support endless, was a great company to work for "Respect" earned,..from one another
Lead by a very positive man..Job never done always more to do attitude..
Invacare was a great company with great products that truly believes in its ability to help their customers and improve patient's quality of life
Territory Sales Manager (Former Employee), Denver and S. Colorado RegionOctober 31, 2012
Pros: flexible work environment, great products to sell, very involved marketing and engineering teams
Cons: inconsistent management
Working with Invacare was one of the most invaluable experiences I could have ever had. Being an outside sales rep, I was able to balance work and life while working long hours and traveling around Colorado. The hardest part of the job was not being able to advance or see a clear path to advancement. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping customers fill the need they had for their patients and their own customers.
acceptable.
Customer Service Department (Current Employee), elyria ohioSeptember 28, 2012
Call center environment,lacks customer relationships. Many changes in the homecare field of sales and service.