Invacare

Invacare Employer Reviews

Awsome place to work.
Job Setter (Former Employee), Elyria, OHNovember 6, 2014
13 wonderful years at this company . From temp to job setter overall great experience .
loved the work but not how it was ran
Tech (Former Employee), Sanford, FLOctober 30, 2014
i loved working their, but the way the company ran was not for me.
safe place for work
Assembly (Former Employee), Elyria, OHJuly 9, 2014
Pros: raffe for free lunch
Cons: hethfair
we get days with free food breakfast free turkey I learn do best for customer good organizer good people team hardest part learn new area lunch time best we share food
Was a job that paid well
CNC Operator (Former Employee), Elyria, OHJune 24, 2014
Was laid off by them after 18 years of working for them. Was given good on site training. Management did not want to work with the employees.
Good compensation as long as you are willing to earn it.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Cranbury, NJJune 12, 2014
Management is great, good place to work and grow. Lots of overtime.
company was good when I started not now
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee), Sanford, FLMay 20, 2014
Pros: workforce
Cons: management
Company was ok when I started and then the management changed in our Sanford location. not very good after that
Productive and fast Paced
Customer Service Representative and Parts look-up (Former Employee), Elyria, OHApril 19, 2014
Pros: great health care and 401k
Cons: change of hours
I would take calls for dealers put orders in alot wholesale I learned how to conf wheelchairs and scooters great people hardest part was looking up pieces and parts on the products
Working for Invacare: physical, challenging.
Driver (Former Employee), Woburn, MAMarch 28, 2014
Pros: good pay, plenty of work, good feel at the end of the day
Cons: poor management, not enough equipment to supply demand
Working at Invacare, I found to be a rewarding and fulfilling opportunity working in the hospice medical equipment field. I enjoyed interacting with the families in need. However, the company itself structurally fell apart in the management area due to poor planning and decision making. It was a physical job, roughly 70 hours a week. Was hard to have – more... personal time, many times being on-call. Most co-workers were team players, especially my previous boss, who was probably the best man I have ever worked for, very supportive. My boss, myself and other employees laid off due to company downsizing and relocation. – less
I loved working at Invacare
Sewer (Former Employee), Elyria, OHMarch 12, 2014
While I was at Invacare, I learned a lot about my job and how Invacare manufacturing had become a success. I am sure if I would have been there a little longer I could have advanced. Invacare is a great place to work.They know how to take care of there employees. Thank you Invacare.
Business Manager
Business Manager (Current Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: great company, boss, people, job
Cons: ?? honestly....none
My customers are mainly business owners who are operating a DME business of all kinds of medical equipment to service patients.

I am not looking to leave Invacare. I LOVE my job!

I am interested in becoming a secret shopper during the weekends. I live in Dallas and have frequented many stores for many reasons related to fashion. I would love to help – more... improve a companies customer service and add valuable feedback to improve the overall customers experience.

I have been with several great companies and I believe I can help use my hobby and my skills to provide vital feedback to improve retail sales. – less
Medical Sales of Durable Medical Equipment
Reg. Resp.Sales Manager/Territory Business Manager (Former Employee), Oh,Atlantic ,Mid Western StatesJanuary 15, 2014
Pros: good work, great pay structure
Cons: moved to west coast and opportunities with invacare were limited due to postioned already filled.
Sales of DME equipment to dealers,hospital,VA,distributors.
From Wheelchairs to Respiratory Product ,Supply items
Productive, fun workplace
Laborer (Former Employee), Elyria, OHNovember 6, 2013
Pros: the company was excellent..
Cons: they were laying off
I loved working for this company, if i was able to go back i would but they only have their seasoned workers now.. I have nothing bad to say about this company. It was a wonderful experience.
great place to work
Senior Patient Billing Advocate (Former Employee), Akron, OHOctober 8, 2013
Pros: good health care
Cons: small break room
I learn about durable medical equipment and how insurance bills these items.
Supervisor (Former Employee), Longwood, FLSeptember 22, 2013
Pros: over time
Cons: no benefits
Work in different lines, all is production. The hard part was stand up all day on the same place. I was enjoy the lunch time with my co-workers.
Productive and enjoyable. I enjoyed my job and would still be there if the company wasn't closing.
Patient Billing Advocate (Former Employee), Akron, OhioAugust 31, 2013
Pros: no weekends
Cons: evening shift
I handled inbound and outbound calls to assist customers with their accounts and to also obtain payment on past due balances. I learned that is requires patience dealing with customers over the phone. My co-workers were the best that I've ever had. The hardest part of my job was leaving. The most enjoyable was working in a pleasant atmosphere.
Decent pay, good people
Associate 2 (Former Employee), Elyria, OHJune 5, 2013
Pros: i had a lot of freedom to get my job done.
Cons: little notice for overtime odd overtime hours
I sprayed wheelchair cushions. I learned how to use and maintain the spray guns. My boss was involved and easy to work with. Most of my coworkers were friendly. The hardest part of my job was keeping up with the orders. The best part was the freedom to get my job done.
a decent place to work
Associate II assembler (Current Employee), Elyria, OHMarch 9, 2013
Pros: i like my co workers and we all have good work ethic
Cons: loss of pay and my future is uncertain?
It has been difficult lately@ Invacare due to FDA sanctions and my hours have been cut to 3 days a week
Not a fun place to work, no job security, weak management
worked variety of jobs (Former Employee), Elyria, OHJanuary 18, 2013
Pros: decent benefits
Cons: no job security
Co-workers like a family, management used to be as well but somewhere lost the compassion. Learned a lot about FDA regulations. No job is secure and a strong work ethic is not appreciated or important.
Not a fun place to work and stability not guaranteed
job setter (Former Employee), Elyria, OHJanuary 18, 2013
Pros: decent benefits
Cons: no job security
Co-workers like a family, management used to be as well but somewhere lost the compassion. Learned a lot about FDA regulations. No job is secure and a strong work ethic does not seem to be important.
easy and fun job
Full-time/Temporary employee (Former Employee), Elyria, OHDecember 17, 2012
I just packed parts and shipped them out onto a fedex truck the job was easy very simple

About Invacare

Invacare helps those with disabilities stay on the move. The company is a leading maker of wheelchairs including manual, powered, – Read more