Invensys Employee Reviews

Never stagnant, Great pay
Auditor/backup team lead (Former Employee) –  West Plains, MOApril 8, 2016
Arrive early due being a supervisor, Prep line have meeting once day starts assigning stations and informing employees of production expectations. Find people to cover any stations that had a call in, sometimes running it myself. Do mild maintenance and engineering repairs throughout day. Once a box is filled take 13 pc. Rerun all tests. (performance and visual) If any fail retest all parts for that test and replace all that dont meet standards. Learned too much to list, such as leadership, maintenance, multitasking, quality control, inventory, proper structure for corporate emails, some engineering, etc. Management always helpful and polite. Co-workers willing to listen and on point. Hardest part of job was the hours sometimes working 70+ hrs a week. However I loved that I was doing different things throughout the day and able to challenge my body and mind by running different stations, sometimes simultaneously.
Pros
paid lunch, Great pay, Good benefits, Learning experience every day
Cons
short breaks, long hours, High stress
Positioned for Sale over worked to recover
Director Nuclear Projects (Former Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 18, 2016
Staff overworked to recover poor contracts written to increase balance sheet prior to sale of organizations. Most of the staff was part of a RIF as soon as the project was ending because the business model wasn't sustainable.
Challenging Enviroment with good group of people
product engineer Appliances Controls Group (Former Employee) –  Carol Stream, ILApril 15, 2016
Management did not interfere with general project product development. People were treated as professional and respected.
Projects follow up and progress was reported by project leader based on established time line.
Pros
open door policy
Cons
some restriction based on resource availability
Great place to work, awesome work culture and values.
Sales Administrator (Current Employee) –  Lake Forest, CAApril 28, 2013
My typical day begins with reviewing customer emails from all over the world. A sales agent will declare an order for creation, or ask me product related questions. I will provide information to the best of my knowledge, otherwise contact our engineering/materials/purchasing department for further information. I learned a lot from management, one thing I would point out is confidence and strength in the face of adversity. My co-workers are some of the nicest and smartest people that I have met. All of my co-workers are very knowledgable in the products that we provide. The hardest part of my job, is the lack of growth opportunities. The most enjoyable part of my job is the opportunity to communicate and create relationships with people from all parts of the world.
Pros
Benefits, salary, gymnasium facilities, perks.
Cons
Growth Opportunities
I learn a lot in this company...
Raw Stock Handler; Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Loves Park, ILApril 29, 2012
I'd operate the overhead crane while my co-worker would signal me when he was ready to move a load of metal to the machine or bin, I learned that in order to get paid the big bucks you have to do the work as well. My boss was good to me so I could get my raises as they came up. The people in this company were like family, people helping people. The heat during the summers and the cold during the winters. Other than my paycheck, I say the time we won 1st place in slow-pitch softball Industrial League.
Pros
i got a 401k & playing softball...
Cons
the heat & cold each seasonal year!!!
Very professional atmosphere but very family-like oriented
Document Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Foxborough, MAJanuary 4, 2016
I enjoyed working for Invensys for many years and I was treated very well. I was very busy and moved from project to project in very smooth transitions. I excelled at being a team player and enjoyed everyone of my projects and I learned so much from the engineers that I supported along the way.
The hardest part of working at Invensys was when they were acquired by Schneider-Electric in 2013. The projects dried up and hundreds (including myself) were let go over a 3 year period.
Pros
emphasis on health and well being of employees, free coffee
Cons
the company was aquired by Schneider Electric.
Permanently closed
Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  West Plains, MOApril 14, 2016
This company is permanently closed. Foreign exchange struck again and all the jobs went to Mexico, leaving 400 people unemployed.
Had a great career at this company
Supervisor in a Technical Response Call Center (Former Employee) –  Foxborough, MAMarch 13, 2013
I would work a 9 or 10 hour day, sometimes more, because I was enjoying what I was doing and the time would just fly by. I learned how to manage people to help them achieve success and grow in their careers. My co-workers were great because they were willing to do whatever it took to learn and get the job done. The hardest part of the job was having to let someone go because no matter how hard they tried, they just couldn't handle it. The most enjoyable was seeing their happiness when they had\ success either on their own on with the help of myself or other team members
Pros
seeing the success of my co-workers
Cons
not being able to get everyone to advance in their career.
Fun work atmospher, creative
HR Generalist (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CaliforniaOctober 24, 2013
I held 3 positions at this software development company: Executive assistant to CEO and CFO, Training specialist and Hr Generalist.

My last position involved managing the software development division's HR needs: employee relations, restructuring, benefits, retention and some international employment issues.

Much of my time was spent on employee relations for this team. I offered remedial peer-to-peer interactive training, manager-to-staff relationships (cultural) and worked with managers to learn to partner with their employees to ensure their success.

I learned that engaging a personality is key to the successful involvement and implementation of their new skills.

My direct managers were always supportive and encouraging as I moved through different positions within the company.

My co-workers seemed happy to have me with them, and we experienced great success when we put our heads together to solve a problem.

The most difficult challenge was my level of experience. I was in an HR Generalist role with no training. It was definitely a steep learning curve.

I enjoyed coming to work every day to see what would be thrown my way next!
Pros
Creative, fun environment and challenging
Cons
Merger of the company with another affected the working environment negatively
very clickish
Cyber Security Technical Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  texasFebruary 12, 2013
Lot of bad apples that run everything. pretty sad. Company has great products. Management just turns their heads to any problems. Most of the employees leave the company out of frustration and then come back to get a better position and big salary increase.
Pros
good products
Cons
bad management, very clickish
Controls Engineer
Controls Engineer (Current Employee) –  Foxborough, MAJanuary 9, 2013
I love my job and the benefits are great. My coworkers are very friendly and helpful. I started my career with this company and having nothing but the utmost respect for them.
Pros
benefits, friendly working environment.
Great compant to work for.
Security / Employee Ticket Administrator (Former Employee) –  Foxborough, MAOctober 20, 2015
Enjoyed working for this company and all bosses, coworkers, visitors and customers. Meeting people from all around the world was a bonus with this job. The hardest part of the job would be having to say bye to people leaving the company. Just a great pleasure working with everyone.
Pros
interaction with all different people. Learning new skills while working here.
Cons
Seeing people struggle with people who have to move on to other things.
Fun workplace
Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Lake Forest, CAJune 12, 2014
Great place to work with great benefits and atmosphere. Management seems to be a little confused as there has been many changes going on up at the top.
nono
TECHNICAL ACCOUNT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Foxborough, MAOctober 24, 2013
• Provided worldwide support to software developers and hardware integrators.
• Facilitate support and problem resolution for non-standard services for Enterprise.
• Manage and escalate client support issues to ensure satisfactory resolutions.
• Proactively interface with customers in day to day technical issues, service interruptions and implementation of service upgrades.
• Educate customers on solutions and best practices to increase service value.
• Work closely with the Sales and Account Management organization to identify revenue opportunities through up sell of new services and contract renewals.
• Develop strong relationships with Support, Operations, Sales and Product teams to increase customer satisfaction through all facets of the business.
• Provide feedback on internal processes and best practices to continually improve customer experience.
• Proactively monitor technical issues pertaining to Invensys solutions at customer sites and make recommendations to reduce the risk/impact of similar future problems.
This was a great place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Foxborough, MAJanuary 14, 2013
This was a great place to work. They offered a lot of training classes.
I was sent to Microsoft computer classes, Six Signa training, and managment classes. These classes were done during working hours. My co-workers were great to work with. It was a very team oriented work force. The hardest part of the job was my job was out sourced in 2001.
Pros
great benefits and family orientated
Cons
jobs being outsourced
Wonderful place to work with a great team concept
Key Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILFebruary 24, 2014
travelled 90% through US
With a team approach, you can drive sales
Management team was very supportive of my initiatives
Co-workers were always helpful
Difficulties were getting new programs approved on a timely basis
Enjoyed the growth I for each consecutive year
Pros
The ability to drive new product development and leverage new opportunities
Cons
Company was bought by larger conglomerate
I have to disagree
Ex-employee (Former Employee) –  Foxboro, MAJanuary 15, 2013
Company management initially made some very lofty promises that were enticing; then when their over commitments/miscalculation caught up with them, it was the employees who pay the price, making the ultimate sacrifice (a.k.a. getting the boot). I initially had respect for them, but after being manhandled, if I were you I'd reconsider and think twice.
Pros
work environment
Cons
cut from the same cloth like many ae's
Productive and fun work place with a good team
Software Development Engineer (Co-op) (Former Employee) –  Foxborough, MASeptember 10, 2013
Satisfying and a learning experience
Management is good.
Managers make you feel welcome and talk to you about your progress and growth.
The hardest part for me was the transition from school to a work place. But the team was very helpful and once I was able to break the ice, I was able to contribute more.
Pros
Good Team, Good Communication
Upper management
Functional Safety Engineer TUV (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMay 21, 2015
Upper management was more concerned with talking golf and drinking than devoting time to expanding the business

Company failed to take advantage of my 35+ years of experience with Instrumentation and Electrical systems.
Currently going through changes
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, CAMay 10, 2013
Invensys is currently going through a transition phase IMO. The development process is constantly influx and with little to no direction from the management. Invensys has transitioned to the Agile development process, so each day starts with a stand-up to discuss the three items (what you accomplished, what you will do today, and what is blocking).

The individual team members do help and assist each other. Some of the biggest issues with Invensys is that their are individual with significant domain knowledge that do not like to share this information. To me, they feel as if they hold on to this information so they can solve a problem and feel good about solving that issue. In addition, upper management has constantly changed in two and half year period of time, so direction was always changing in terms of development process. Lastly, some of the upper manager (level above your immediate manager) would not fight for team and was basically a yes man.

Most of the future development will be developed elsewhere and managed in-house, so if you are looking to do development it is best to look elsewhere.
Pros
The teams members work well together
Cons
Upper manager is constantly changing and upper management does not fight for their team-members

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Invensys. Our community is ready to answer.