inVentiv Health Clinical Employee Reviews in United States

Lots of potential that doesn't always result in a great product
Senior Safety Associate/Project Lead (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIOctober 7, 2015
I have learned a lot and been exposed to a lot of great areas that have let me move up quite quickly. My biggest complaint is the lack of drive to be innovative. Often times we were the last to make changes instead of being in the forefront of change. There are too many instances of people just wanting to please everyone and going along with things just because that's the way they have been done.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Cutthroat environment, management does not keep their word
Drug Safety Associate (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJune 16, 2016
Very repetitive work and co-workers are only interested in personal advancement- creating a tense work environment when one is given additional work.

Management consistently lies about specific days when one will advance, but does not follow through. They tell you whatever you want to hear to keep you happy, but do not follow through.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Lying management
If you're looking for a great opportunity, this is not the place...ever.
Grants & Contracts Administrator (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJJune 7, 2016
Typical work day consist of not learning anything new. Nothing challenging.

Management is terrible.

Co-workers are all stressed out across the board, in all departments.

Hardest part about the job is showing up to work.

The only thing enjoyable about the job, is leaving to go home, or to pursue a new job.
Pros
none.
Cons
It's hellish every day.
Some good leadership/management, moderate compensation
Statistical Programmer (Current Employee) –  USAMay 12, 2015
inVentiv has some great managers on my team. However, like most employers, they are reluctant to adjust salaries to market value. Percentage raises do not compete well with market value. But besides that I have had lots of opportunities to grow and develop my career.
Pros
work/life balance
Cons
medical coverage, small raises
Relaxed culture to work for
Finance Associate (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJMay 15, 2016
Been here about eight months, and the management is great, very supportive, teach you as long as you as questions. Very relaxed culture, except many changes are taking place, future in this place is not predictable.
Pros
one day a week work from home
Cons
too many company changes, make one feel unstable
Great team!
Senior CRA (Current Employee) –  Somerset, NJJune 1, 2015
Inventiv had a great team in general. Best part was working for the FSP alliance. Loved the community and support from managers.
Pros
FSP Management was easy going, stress free
Cons
Few advancement opportunities. Poor pay raises.
Great Employer
Project Associate II (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 15, 2016
A growing company that is a great place to work for. I believe there are areas where this company needs some improvement such as support for employees.
No shortage of work
Senior Safety Associate, Contractor (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJApril 17, 2013
The workload is quite heavy so there is no shortage of work. I did learn a lot in my first few years when it was PharmaNet, however, since the merger, the environment has been less than stellar. There is no direction or clarity from my direct management's supervisor's and its quite frustrating when you are used to receiving training and now the new mantra is "refer to the SOP".
Pros
great internal pv team!
Cons
no work life balance, terrible benefits and pto, no direction from upper management
Consulting company
Pharmaceutical consulting (Current Employee) –  NCDecember 7, 2014
Great people, but benefits are poor and not much job security. They try to place you where your skills are most useful, but this can be difficult as it depends on the contracts they get. Job assignments can be as short as 6 months to as long as a year with possibility of renewal (although this depends on the company you are assigned to).
Productive hard working
Senior Accounts Receivables Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJFebruary 2, 2014
Continues to be a leader on the Accounts Receivable team. Often looked to for my expertise and knowledge that have developed during my tenure here. Committed to quality and pays attention to my work meets all quality standards. Manages my time well and sticks to priorities, make sure cash is entered by the end of each business day. Responsible team member who take responsibility for my work. Relied on to compete assignments and keep commitments.
Pros
401k, overtime
Cons
hard to take a lunch, working weekends
Challenging dynamic enviroment
Director, Finance (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJJuly 28, 2015
Lots of quick transition and change in many operational and back end areas. Multiple Sr. management changes in two years. Mid-level managers are supportive.
Pros
personal growth
Cons
work / life balance long hours
Example: Productive and fun workplace with ping pong tableInventiv health is a great and fun place to work with huge teamwork approach and supportive
Senior CRA (Current Employee) –  home basedOctober 15, 2015
Inventiv health is a great and fun place to work with huge teamwork approach and supportive study team. Most of my time as a monitor was spent preparing for visit due to so many systems I had to log in to run reports.
Fast paced
Associate Recruiter (Former Employee) –  tampa flOctober 11, 2015
Fast growing CRO company within the pharma biotech staffing industry. flexible schedule, however not mush training for the positions
flexible
Senior Clinical Data Manager (Current Employee) –  Home BasedFebruary 25, 2014
flexible, established company, good salary, great management. overall good experience
Lots of learning and advancing one's knowledge and skills
Senior Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJAugust 14, 2015
Great place to work for. A lot of initiatives are welcomed by the management. Flexibility with working from home on occasions.
CRO & Staffing Pharma Billing
Billing Staffing Manager (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJMarch 11, 2015
I have learned many things about the Pharma industry and its a fast paced environment. I manage the CRO & Staffing billing. A lot of moving pieces with the integration of several different companies merging together to create inVentiv Health Clinical. After 2 years many issues still exist which are caused by the integration which entails a lot of follow up to clear up issues for client billing. I implemented many process improvements to improve the workflow of billing to deal with these issues from other departments that my group is dependent upon. The senior management doesn't understand the day to day work and is starting to outsource many departments including billing overseas to reduce costs. No clear direction or stability from senior management.
Pros
co-workers hard working, ability to work from home, interesting industry.
Cons
no gorwth petential, poor infrastructure, merger issues after 2 years, senior management has no clear direction. outsourcing overseas
Not a good place to work.
TECHNICAL ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJMay 21, 2015
There is always plenty of work to do. Management is poor and staff is hung out to dry. I learned more Excel skills. The hardest part of my job is everyone believes they are the most important than everyone else. The most enjoyable part of the job is staff can occasionally work from home.
Pros
Occasionally can work from home.
Cons
Can barely take a lunch break.
Analytical Chemist (Current Employee) –  NJAugust 8, 2014
Great place to work at, everyone there is so friendly, work life balance is okay, promotions take a while, and money isn't the greatest.
Pros
culture is great
Cons
poor management
Great job with provided flexability of remote access from home
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE CONTRACTOR (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJJuly 16, 2015
I was well suited for this position. My skills and experience were highly utilized and acknowledged. I managed the processes of shared service team and was instrumental in the development of documented processes and procedures.
A great company to work for
Clinical Research Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Reseda CA.February 20, 2014
No two days are the same. Every compound and every study is different, so each one has unique areas you need to look at.
My typical day probably starts with checking emails. A lot of the people who I work with are in the US or Australia, so I need to see what’s come in overnight, and respond to queries from sites and colleagues.

I’ll spend some of my day working on documents and getting things ready for the studies. I have to attend a lot of meetings with the teams to discuss study designs, the development of a compound and reporting on how ongoing studies are going and reporting any trends.

I spend a lot of time updating colleagues about the progress of various studies.

The feeling that I am contributing something to helping improve our understanding in renal failure. I also think I am quite well suited to the ‘coordinator’ role and enjoy organizing the running of the trial and working with others to get the work done.
Pros
traveling, free lunch
Cons
sometimes long hours

2.8