inVentiv Health Clinical

inVentiv Health Clinical Employer Reviews

Consulting company
Pharmaceutical consulting (Current Employee), NCDecember 7, 2014
Great people, but benefits are poor and not much job security. They try to place you where your skills are most useful, but this can be difficult as it depends on the contracts they get. Job assignments can be as short as 6 months to as long as a year with possibility of renewal (although this depends on the company you are assigned to).
Growing Company
Global Study Start Up Manager (Current Employee), Cary, NCOctober 4, 2014
Pros: work from home
Cons: benefit package is not great.
My typical day at work starts at around 800am and ends anytime from 430 - 7pm. It all depends on where we are with a specific study.

This is a company that is growing exponentially. There have been a few glitches in IT infrastructure due to the quick growth and the merging of several companies. That would be the most difficult part of the job. As a home-based employee there were times when my internet connection was sub-optimal and/or my laptop was not working functioning.

My co-workers were, for the most part, amazing and helpful. I didn't meet anyone that was difficult to work with in the main office.

My personal managers were fine. I know others have had issues with their managers.However I can't speak for them. But from what I understand there is quite a difference among managers and one must be able to deal with different personality types.

I have learned from this company to be confident in my abilities and that it has made me realize what I want from a company.

The benefit package is not the best. When starting here, you get 3 weeks PTO. That includes vacation and sick time.
The dust hasn't settled yet from the recent merger
Clinical Research Associate (Former Employee), NortheastOctober 3, 2014
Pros: reasonable travel. their 'line managers' are a part of the solution
Cons: constant chaos. leaders who don't know the details well. lot's of management turnover.
There is a culture of teamwork and professionalism. They have a cadre of people who are experts at SOPs and IT.

There is a lot of turnover in the project management/line manager/Lead CRA ranks.

The are REALLY good at conducting "deck-plates" training, but there is also a lot of meaningless training.
This is a productive and quiet place to work.
Clinical Trial Assistant (Current Employee), Blue Bell, PAAugust 20, 2014
The management is very supportive and friendly. The most enjoyable part of the the job was providing clerical and administrative support to project teams.
A nice company to work for.
Senior Accountant (Former Employee), Somerset, NJAugust 12, 2014
I enjoyed working with Inventiv Health clinical. The management was very nice and considerate. All my co-workers were nice too. The hardest part of the job was the long commute.The stressful time was the month end close.
Analytical Chemist (Current Employee), NJAugust 8, 2014
Pros: culture is great
Cons: poor management
Great place to work at, everyone there is so friendly, work life balance is okay, promotions take a while, and money isn't the greatest.
Great place to work and amazing culture
Analytical Chemist (Current Employee), njAugust 6, 2014
Pros: a lot of internal events
Typical day at work is very busy and requires a lot of attention to detail.
High-performance environment
Manager (Current Employee), TelecommuteApril 24, 2014
*Work projects are diverse and personally rewarding
*Oppotunity to work with clients and internal stakeholders allows for establishing one's personal brand.
Job security
Clinical Trial Assistant (Current Employee), Blue Bell, PAApril 9, 2014
Pros: summer hours
Cons: job security
Very busy atmosphere. Which I love. Co-workers are great. At this time job security is little shaky. A lot of rumors that the company is going down hill. A lot of upper management resigning.
professional and productive workplace
Collections Specialist (Former Employee), Princeton, NJMarch 19, 2014
Pros: professional culture
Cons: temp to perm
*friendly group
*highly professional staff
*challenging work
*innovative and admirable clinical services
Great workplace
Contract position as Safety Associate (Current Employee), Somerset, NJMarch 1, 2014
Pros: great location
Cons: poor organization
Great colleagues, stress free work environment. Friendly, helpful staff. Supportive team.
flexible
Senior Clinical Data Manager (Current Employee), Home BasedFebruary 25, 2014
flexible, established company, good salary, great management. overall good experience
A great company to work for
Clinical Research Coordinator (Current Employee), Reseda CA.February 20, 2014
Pros: traveling, free lunch
Cons: sometimes long hours
No two days are the same. Every compound and every study is different, so each one has unique areas you need to look at.
My typical day probably starts with checking emails. A lot of the people who I work with are in the US or Australia, so I need to see what’s come in overnight, and respond to queries from sites and colleagues.

I’ll spend some of my day working on documents and getting things ready for the studies. I have to attend a lot of meetings with the teams to discuss study designs, the development of a compound and reporting on how ongoing studies are going and reporting any trends.

I spend a lot of time updating colleagues about the progress of various studies.

The feeling that I am contributing something to helping improve our understanding in renal failure. I also think I am quite well suited to the ‘coordinator’ role and enjoy organizing the running of the trial and working with others to get the work done.
Transitional and Unstable Company
IT Engineer, Wintel Systems (Current Employee), Princeton, NJFebruary 17, 2014
Company is currently going through a lot of growing pains. IT Division was outsourced to HCL Americas in October of 2012 and has not recovered from that transition.
Productive hard working
Senior Accounts Receivables Coordinator (Current Employee), Princeton, NJFebruary 2, 2014
Pros: 401k, overtime
Cons: hard to take a lunch, working weekends
Continues to be a leader on the Accounts Receivable team. Often looked to for my expertise and knowledge that have developed during my tenure here. Committed to quality and pays attention to my work meets all quality standards. Manages my time well and sticks to priorities, make sure cash is entered by the end of each business day. Responsible team member who take responsibility for my work. Relied on to compete assignments and keep commitments.
Organization with potential growth.
Grants and Contracts Administrator (Current Employee), Blue Bell, PAJanuary 19, 2014
Wonderful work/life balance, culture and professional environment.
Clinical Trial Manager (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCOctober 15, 2013
Pros: allowed to work remotely
Cons: it systems
When started was with another company which was acquired by InVentiv Health. InVentiv is a company is still trying to find their way as they have grown so quickly. However, there is management in place to help them navigate through the growing pains.
Management is very supportive of their employee's professional growth.
Manager, Clinical Research (Current Employee), Home based in Lansdale, PAOctober 7, 2013
A typical day at work for me involves managing a study team by trouble shooting issues, proactively assessing risks and ensuring maximal communication. I've learned a lot about effectively managing and tracking metrics throughout the life of a clinical trial. I am home-based and have an incredible team of telecommuting colleagues.
Excellent Company
Senior IT Support Specialist (Former Employee), Houston, Texas 77094July 2, 2013
Company outsourced all I.T. Services to a company in India, Great management from InventivClinical side until all of the mergers.
No shortage of work
Senior Safety Associate, Contractor (Current Employee), Princeton, NJApril 17, 2013
Pros: great internal pv team!
Cons: no work life balance, terrible benefits and pto, no direction from upper management
The workload is quite heavy so there is no shortage of work. I did learn a lot in my first few years when it was PharmaNet, however, since the merger, the environment has been less than stellar. There is no direction or clarity from my direct management's supervisor's and its quite frustrating when you are used to receiving training and now the new mantra is "refer to the SOP".