Invesco Employee Reviews

Fun and productive environment.
Client Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 15, 2017
I enjoyed working at Invesco and advanced quite rapidly within the firm. It was the most enjoyable and rewarding job for 15 years of my career. I would have continued working at Invesco until my retirement had I not been laid off due to corporate restructuring.
Pros
Flexible hours, paid parking and free coffee and beverages.
Cons
No overtime.
They treat contract employees like slaves
Fund Accountant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 15, 2017
good company if you hired fulltime to work there .. if you're contract forget it .. great benefits again for full time .. great location wonderful co workers too much mid management .. lazy useless mid management
Relaxed Productive Work Enviornment
Tax Intern (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 1, 2017
Pleasant experience. Weekly meetings within tax department. Worked as intern so limited responsibilities assisted accountants with consolidated returns, presentations, tax payments, etc.
Fast paced and competitive
Client Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 13, 2017
We were trained to understand how to help clients before being released on the floor to answer phone calls. Each call was different and some topics were covered in training and others were not. There was always help from your mentor or your supervisor. Performance was graded often. Company culture was fun and inclusive.
Pros
lunch room with free coffee
Cons
lots of information to retain all at once
Relaxing Work Environment
Specialty Fulfillment Clerk (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 11, 2017
It's very slow paced. Only about 6 of us in the office. Quiet. Not a lot of traffic. Communication is very good among us. Though there is not of a lot of common sense used.
Review
Business Analyst/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 7, 2017
Invesco is the typical large global company. They provide decent benefits but there is little room for advancement. People are treated like numbers rather than highly regarded employees.
Ok
Mutual Fund Accountant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 21, 2017
Good place to work in general
High Pace
Daily Deadlines
free coffee
the hardest part of the job is depending on other people to do theirs
most enjoyable part of this job is getting solutions to problems.
Pros
free lunches on certain days before holidays
Cons
slacking on technology
competitive place to work
Managing Director (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 21, 2017
sales and marketing each and everyday. focused firm, with good investment products. Management is supportive of the sales and marketing staff however, is very concerned with compensation.
Upward mobility is apparent
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 17, 2017
Employees at invesco, no matter how senior, made sure your voice was heard. Upper management was always asking for opinions of even interns, and it made you feel like you had a place at the company.
Awesome place to work
Financial Reporting Accountant II (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 16, 2017
Invesco is a great place to work, depending on your department it is a very laid back management style you can come in and leave when you want. As long as you come in and get your work done and meet the minimum 37.5 hours required to work per week no one bothers you. That being said it is a fast paced work environment, and some weeks can become very long. Over all the work/life balance is great and the culture there is awesome. Based on my experience I would recommend a friend to Invesco.
Pros
Relaxed management and culture
Cons
You can find better pay at other places, but the culture makes up for it.
Consultant/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 14, 2017
Although always subject to individual managers, overall this is a great place to work. Management emphasizes work/life balance, education, health and future financial well being.
Pros
Flexibility, benefits.
Cons
Non
Excellent place to work
Tech Apps Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 12, 2017
The internship opportunity was a fantastic experience. The workplace environment was enjoyable and the people even better. Plus, the location in Houston is great!
Strong Culture and Helpful Coworkers
Quantitative Strategies Co-op (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 6, 2017
I have enjoyed my time at Invesco and would consider it a rewarding experience. Everyone is friendly and the atmosphere is positive. Amount of work varies
Lots of turnover, poor leadership
Equity Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 24, 2017
Granted, if one is on the right investment team, it would be a great place to work. However, within the growth complex, fund performance is bad, turnover has been extremely high in the past, and reviews are subjective and political. I learned that it is more important to play politics than it is to generate solid investment performance. Management is volatile and unpredictable. Some team leaders are solid, most are not. Hardest part of the job is always looking over your shoulder despite producing solid performance. Most enjoyable part pf the job was working with peers, most were bright talented people.
Great Company!
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  HoustonJuly 17, 2017
Great Company! Great Culture. People are nice and tremendous training program- Managers are helpful and people are nice. Opportunity (albeit limited) for other opportunities within
Solid Company Subject to Market and Regulation Changes
Sr. Sales Training Consultant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 11, 2017
Invesco offers a relaxed, yet competitive culture that encourages creativity and initiative. As part of the investment industry, Invesco is highly regulated and responsive to legislative, market and regulatory conditions. As a result, layoffs can occur as environmental and business risk factors change.
Pros
Excellent benefits and working conditions
Cons
Changes can occur quickly with little time to react; layoffs are sudden
Slow and limited growth potential
Client Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 19, 2017
Client services department is a frustrating position. Difficult to move up, stressful call center environment and having the wrong manager can make your life awful. Most of the managers don't like their jobs and don't care about you or anything else and the rest are on a power trip or don't know how to manage people. The company itself is great and there is a lot of potential and money to be made IF you can get out of the Client Services department, where your salary is a joke. Generous vacation/sick time and 401k match (6%) are great perks but expect to be in that department for at least 1-2 years before you even have the chance to move up. IF there is a position available, even then you are competing against a dozen other people and they typically choose those with the most seniority.
Decent Big Company
Client Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 17, 2017
I came to Invesco straight out of college and had a blast working for them. The only thing that was wrong was that I couldn't advance to a position that fit my skill level. I didn't have enough experience but the position I was in wasn't giving me the experience that I needed so I ultimately had to leave. The company as a whole is pretty nice though. They do a lot for their employees and if advancement were something more attainable I would still be there. It's not, so I left, hopefully I'll get to go back one day and work in a position more for my skill set.
Great culture and people
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 23, 2017
I worked as a receptionist here for a few weeks and the people were very welcoming. I was trained properly and enjoyed going to work. I answered telephones, completed spreadsheets, and directed people to offices.
Horrible management
Client Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 20, 2017
Management is completely out of touch with team processes and responsibilities. They are hard to get a hold of when you have questions or need help and will blame you later if you couldn't get them when you needed to.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Invesco. Our community is ready to answer.