The Investment Company Institute is the national trade association of U.S. investment companies.
We currently have an opening for a Web Designer/Senior Web Designer (job title based on education/experience) in our Public Communications department.
- Designs and builds high impact, visually appealing digital communications using a variety of graphics software applications and tools to further ICI objectives and communications themes based on intended audience, potential use, budget, and time frame allotted.
- Contributes to the design group’s efforts to enhance ICI’s online offerings.
- Develops strategies to support maintenance of ICI’s website relative to external communications goals.
- Collaborate with Senior Director, project originator, and other staff to conceptualize appropriate design concepts and production alternatives.
- Generate and manipulate graphic images, animations, audio, and video to enhance the ICI brand in multimedia applications.
- Design and produce print and online publications in coordination with editorial group and project originators.
- Provides input to Senior Director, Communications Design on strategies to improve quality of digital design and production.
- Assist Senior Director, Communications Design and Design Director as needed.
- Knowledge and expertise in electronic design and production methods, web development, and graphic design principles.
- Proven commitment to design excellence and continuous learning related to online and electronic graphic design.
- Expertise with HTML, CSS, jQuery, JSP, CMS, and related software used in the building of online and digital communications (OpenText, Dreamweaver, Flash).
- Technical knowledge of video editing software (Final Cut Studio, Motion).
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign).
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability to produce a high volume of quality work within tight time frames.
- Coordinate multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work with staff at all levels in a collaborative, cross-departmental environment.
- High level of attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Demonstrate high degree of personal initiative, especially with respect to problem solving.
- Undergraduate degree in graphic design or related field preferred and minimum of 2+ years in website and digital design.
ICI offers competitive salary, excellent benefits, and is conveniently located next to Metro. Please email your resume, cover letter, salary requirements, and examples from portfolio to employment at ici.org. EOE.
Indeed - 8 months ago