Investors Bank Employee Reviews

no comments
AVP/ Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Mercerville, NJDecember 8, 2017
no comments was very new with the company culture was good, good teamwork and upper management good, all were told on conference call that bank is closing branches and some departments and with that unfortunately is going to be have the job elimination process started in new york and new jersey.
Great environment
consultant (Former Employee) –  Iselin, NJDecember 4, 2017
It was a very relax place to work. Management was understanding. Had great moments. As long as you did your work nobody would bother you. Everybody was friendly.
N/a
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Robbinsville, NJNovember 30, 2017
Fast paced, Constant changes, great learning programs, multi cultural environment, customers can be intense, grate holiday parties, great people and environment.
Pros
Great people, Great Food, Great Job
Balanced and fun place to work
Intern (Former Employee) –  Iselin, NJNovember 22, 2017
At Investors Bank, the culture was very fun but still balanced, giving me the opportunity to experience the corporate lifestyle without too much of the stress involved in other corporations.
Pros
Free food sometimes and coffee
Cons
Always rather cold and not always organized
Application developer/ Sr Java developer
Application Developer (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJNovember 21, 2017
• Over 8 years of experience developing applications using Core Java, Multithreading, J2EE, JDK, Servlets, Java Beans, EJB, Web Services (SOAP and REST), JDBC, XML, XSL, XSD, HTML, and JavaScript.
• Developed distributed applications using MVC Framework with JDK 1.5/1.6/1.7, Servlets, Spring, Hibernate, EJB3, JDBC, PL/SQL, and Web Services on various application servers, including Oracle 10g Application Server, and Web Logic.
• Strong planning and problem solving skills with the ability to multi-task in fast-paced, time-sensitive environments.
• Expert at developingapplications with Eclipse IDE using Java 2 (JDK 1.5/1.6/1.7) and working with various databases using Hibernate and Spring Frameworks
Workplace Culture
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Iselin, NJNovember 5, 2017
In my current position its all about work as other departments display team work and unity, our culture at Investors is mixed as some department manages have provided leadership skills.
Pros
nice place to work
Cons
need more time off
Ok place to work depending upon which department
Loans (Current Employee) –  Iselin, NJOctober 24, 2017
I work in the Iselin location in the loan department and the manager is never in the department, even though she claims to have an open door policy, her door is always closed even when she's in. The supervisor has no management skills and will hold a grudge if you did anything to upset her prior. There is so much favoritism and friend clicks within the department that it's almost impossible to get promoted.
People are great, Job is slow
CSA - Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  New YorkSeptember 29, 2017
The people who work at investors are great.

The job itself is very boring and unfulfilling.

They say there is room for movement but it doesn't seem that way.

They seem to be making cut backs in any area they can.

Some people in higher positions aren't qualified and those who should be in those positions are over looked and underpaid.
Pros
People and culture
Cons
Boring, unfulfiling
Good Place to grow
Commercial Real Estate Banker/Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 26, 2017
Good place to grow and gather experience. The employees are kind and understanding. The management team is willing to work with the staff on professional development.
Good culture, mostly nice people
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  New JerseySeptember 20, 2017
Like any other company, you always encounter that one bad manager that just pushes you away, brings the morale down. The company is good, there are a lot of great friendly people working there. Unfortunately I was not lucky with my manager and could not have peace at work, no matter how hard I tried.
Great place to work at and great people to work with.
TEMP (Current Employee) –  Short Hills, NJAugust 13, 2017
Great bank to work at. The pay is low for temporary but maybe one day it will change. A document imaging team is needed in the future so one day maybe that team will be put together versus us just being temporary.
Good for Growth
CSA1 (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 6, 2017
Great place to work and there's room for growth. There's a lot on online courses that are in place to help you move to the next level in your career.Also, many investment offers.
See cv
AVP, BRANCH MANAGER/BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Staten Island, NYAugust 3, 2017
Working at Investors was fun in the beginning and I loved going to work but later on when it was becoming a big bank the culture started taking a hit, hence reason to look for a new job
like a slaveship
Personal Banker II (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 24, 2017
treat you horribly and like children. terrible experience working for them. they are also nosey and invasive to privacy. there is no room for real growth
Pros
Cons
mandatory events and micro managing and petty behavior from management
Positive work environment.
Operator (Current Employee) –  Iselin, NJJuly 3, 2017
Great place to work. Friendly atmosphere. Safe environment. Room to grow both personally and professionally. I definitely would recommend anyone to work here.
friendly Environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Iselin, NJJuly 1, 2017
It is a very diverse place to work which I loved and enjoyed very much. My day consisted of helping customers with financial services and ensuring their finances were properly taken care of
Pretty good place
Customer Service Associate Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Colts Neck, NJJune 17, 2017
I worked at Investors for 8 years. I moved up through the branch from CSA 2 to CSAS which was my position when I left. I started my own business so I needed something part time but I still needed benefits. Being the fact that Investors does NOT give benefits to part timers I needed to find some place that does. Now I'm wishing I never left.
Depending what branch you are in management is pretty good.
Great team moral and spirit with most branches I've been in but as Investors grows they (executive team) is starting to forget about those that actually make the bank run as a whole i.e.THE BRANCHES. If you are in a good branch the management team will show you the ropes if you ask. If they see that you want to advance they will take time out of their day and help show you things.
The more Investors grows and becomes more sales orientated the more our customer culture starts to shift more towards trying to make sure we meet our goals as opposed to what is actually best for the customer.
They are very good with promoting from within before looking outside for the positions that are open.
The HR dept is very slow in getting back to you when you apply for a new position.
After Investors did the core conversion I wanted to try out the corporate life for a while. I applied for 3 different positions when I was still working for the bank and I was passed on all 3. While working at the bank this would frustrate me and make me very mad but now looking back I realize that there was so many of us applying for the same position that of course it would be difficult to get the position.
  more...
Overall I think Investors is a good place to work. They used to be great but now they're just ok.
Pros
tuition reimbursment, great benefits, room for advancement, good bonus', for the most part, management in the branches is very good
Cons
no part time benefits, leaning on the branches to push sales goals
Big Supporter for Community Service
Client Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  New JerseyJune 13, 2017
Good Company to work for. Growing Company and expanding in various locations. Would like to see more Branches in South Jersey and Pennsylvania and New York.
The culture is great but the leadership is weary
AVP Branch Manager/Business Development (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYJune 12, 2017
Culture and development is motivational but the leadership of mid level management does not follow the culture the bank tries to implement. Human Resources should be more involved regarding the Market Managers. In a company that is trying to grow they need to inspect of the leadership of the mid level management.
Overwhelming hours and work load
Assistant Customer Service Associate Supervisor (Current Employee) –  South Orange, NJJune 12, 2017
Long work hours, very lazy managers that push there work off on you. The pay is decent when you start however not many raises or bonuses past the first year. The longer you work for this company the less money you make.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Investors Bank. Our community is ready to answer.