Investors Group

Investors Group Employer Reviews

Productive and fun workplace
Consultant (Current Employee), Markham, ONApril 2, 2014
In the morning, I make sever phone calls to my prospects and ask for appointment. I usually have a coffee meeting during the afternoon or at evening, introducing to people about what do I do as a financial consultant, what is the financial planning and ask for the next meeting. When I am in the office, I spend most of the time building financial plans – more... based on clients’ current financial situations, as well as their goals and concerns. Sometimes, I also attend learning sessions on different topics related to financial industry. – less
great family oriented working place
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Belleville, ONApril 1, 2014
Pros: wonderful working atmosphere
Cons: not too great benefits
Since I started working in 2008 I've had one of the best experiences working at IG, the culture is and has always been family oriented which allows all individuals more flexibility than other jobs. Everyone is always eager to help and as usual each job comes with its negative or less preferred part of the job which is filing but the people make it more – more... fun to tackle the job. – less
Executive Assistant
Executive Assistant/Office Manager (Former Employee), Regina, NMMarch 14, 2014
Pros: great vice presidents to work for
As an Executive Assistant I enjoy working for the Executive team and/or CEO. There is no typical day at work, that is what I like about it . Each day is more challenging than the prior. Leading me to make goals and obtain them. Making sure my team is happy and all my tasks are prioritized accordingly to deadlines and demand.
An amiable and cooperative working environment with limited scope of career advancement
Executive Assistant (Current Employee), North York, ONMarch 7, 2014
Pros: offers numerous training opportunities, supportive management
Cons: low pay structure
A typical day at work in Investors Group is busy, supported by fast paced technology and we were able to have fun within its amiable working culture. The Management is awesome, supportive and benevolent. I work for self employed individuals who operates their business under the corporate name of investors Group, so there are hardly any organized or – more... streamlined career advancement opportunities within my job, neither any prescribed pay structure.
Personally and from professional perspective I have learned a lot from my bosses, they enriched my life in so many ways, I cannot explain that. They are hard working, organized, supporting professionals with the best to offer for their clients. – less
life and work balance
Office Assistant (Current Employee), White Rock, BCMarch 1, 2014
Pros: close to home
Cons: shortage of work week to week
Limited opportunities for advancement. Work environment varies day to day. Do have opportunities to leave work for family emergencies
Day at the Office
Recruiter for the Directors of the Laval Carrefour (Current Employee), Carrefour LavalFebruary 22, 2014
Pros: know what to do
Cons: no respect and taken for granted
My typical work day starts with a review of my emails and voice messages. I respond to them in a timely and accurate manner and if I cannot at that moment, I put it on my to do list.
Then I open all the job sites and start to mine for new candidates to work as Financial Advisors and I make an approach by email or phone call. This is important because – more... I want to be the number 1 on the job seekers list.
All of these things are being done while I have calls coming in. The Directors often call about the different candidates or I call for new availabilities in their agendas.
I set-up the meetings every Wednesday for candidates to meet the Regional Director and get a feel for the business. In these meetings I call, invite and confirm candidates to come.
Every month there are Seminars for possible clients. I organize the room and display powerpoint and prepare folders for the consultants. I get their invites and encourage them. I also prepare the food and drinks for them. I am the one that greets and says farewell to them.
I organize paperwork for all possible clients and recruits for these seminars and followup documents.
There are several other tasks that I do and when I do them, it is always with a smile. – less
Great Starter Position
Receptionist (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 19, 2014
The position that I held was a great starter position to have to enter into the administration field
Friendly working environment
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Cornwall, ONFebruary 18, 2014
Answered telephones, filed documents, entered data. Friendly co-workers and flexible hours.
Friendly work environment
Summer Intern (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 16, 2014
Nice work environment.
Nice employees.
The hardest part of the job was finding potential clients.
The most enjoyable part was helping clients with inquires about their financial standing.
Great place to work and unlimited earnings opportunity
Mutual Fund Associate (Advisor-Contract) (Former Employee), HamiltonFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: time flexibility
Cons: 24/7 work activity
There is a typical busy day at Investors Group and a lot of opportunity to organize the work style with one's own choice however the environment is very people friendly and majority of time consumption is on client meetings, business planning and professional learning. I have acquired lot of knowledge about the company and industry and in addition I – more... had the great opportunity of comprehensive learning of compliance procedures and professional ethics. The hardest part is the same I enjoyed to get more and more clients to get more and more sales. – less
Great work place
Record filing and occasion helper (Current Employee), Fredericton, NBJanuary 16, 2014
Good work environment, learned retail experience, learned computer and filing experience.
Productive and fun workplace
Mortgage Planning Specialist Assistant (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 7, 2014
Pros: excellent culture
Cons: no room for career growth
- lots of learning opportunities
- fun laid back work environment
- not a lot of room for career growth
Very ood company
Financial Planner (Current Employee), lavalJanuary 5, 2014
Pros: free time
Cons: no salary
IG is a very big company in wich you can learn a lot about canadian financial life.
It is aself employed job wic needs a lot of effort and time to start eneratin income.
The team is very helpful and cooperative.
Researched, evaluated and presented investment reports while analyzing client's plans at Investors Group.
Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 4, 2014
I learned to identify and interpreted new market opportunity & presented findings to Financial Advisor. I gained excellent interpersonal & project management skills through administrative support and demonstrated ability to multitask & allocate time to meet deadlines.
productive and fun
admin (Former Employee), Winnipeg head officeNovember 28, 2013
Was a good place to work but had no room for advancement. Changed careers for more of a challenge.
Many perqs depending upon representative I worked for.
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Nanaimo, BCNovember 11, 2013
Pros: working toward the success of one person.
Cons: being dependent upon one person for employment.
Arrived before my boss every day. He had to work evenings meeting with clients.

I learned a great deal about investments, how to process the paperwork entailing many thousands of dollars.

The management of the company is very organized. My co-workers were excellent.

The hardest part of the job was cold calling.

My boss and I had a very productive – more... relationship. – less
Interesting and Fun Place To Work
Executive Assistant (Current Employee), Concord, ONNovember 5, 2013
Pros: potluck lunches, trips, exciting region meetings
Cons: quiet office, quick turn around
The Vaughan Office was a great place to work. There are a number of individuals who are always willing to help and assist if it is needed. Fun excursions away from the office add to the office moral. Great hours and flexible support.
productive and friendly workplace
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Brampton, ONSeptember 25, 2013
I learned how to do financial transactions and contact business owners to offer them croup benefit plan.
I built good relation with coworkers and we exchanged our opinions to the work benefits.
All are good
Administrative Support (Current Employee), Brampton, ONSeptember 17, 2013
Everything is good and awesome but just thinking about family in Moncton so would like to get together with them there.
It was good experinces
asistant (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONSeptember 9, 2013
Pros: intresting job
Cons: short time
It was a good experinces that helped me to undersantd the value of the job.I was happy that i was hired to be a volunteer.

1 2 3 4

About Investors Group

At Investors Group, we firmly believe that building long term relationships with clients is the best way to help them reach their – Read more

Investors Group Photos