Investors Group

Investors Group Employee Reviews

Challenging and varied
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), ottawa, ONJune 15, 2015
Pros: not micro-managed
Cons: low salary
Fun, challenging, good working atmosphere, trusting, not micromanaged. Varied work obligations. Good management. Nice co-workers. Excellent coffee machine for free!
Productive and fun workplace
Financial Consultant (Former Employee), MississaugaMay 23, 2015
Did a lot of work with clients by helping to convince them to sign up. Also distributed many advertisements to potential clients in order to persuade them
Amazing
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Belleville, ONMay 18, 2015
Pros: free lunches, compensated hours, flexibility
The management was beyond organized and understanding. The coworkers were fun and theres was always some form of appreciation for the employees whether it be free pizza or the boss taking us out for dinner quite often. Would recommend this job opportunity to anyone.
They are in the business of selling fees not managing money professionaly
Senior Executive Consultant (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 16, 2015
100 percent commission. Can work for the right individual.
They are great at attracting people new to the industry.
Management and leadership is outdated and only care for the bottom line.
Investment selection is horrible and full of high fees.
some sports or fun outing, lack of communication between colleagues. Never have the good environment as there are different division. Human nature.
Financial Consultant (Former Employee), calgaryMay 14, 2015
Pros: sometimes free lunch
Cons: commission based
Nothing is free and easy, work hard but must have result that will keep you going wherever you are. No right no wrong but is your choice.
Amazing environment to work in
Financial Consultant (Current Employee), MississaugaMay 6, 2015
Pros: Great training, ability to help others
Cons: Long hours
A typical day at work would have me arriving in the office between 8:30 AM and 9:00 AM. I use the first half an hour to get my day sorted out and plan what I need to do. Every other day at the office we have a training session with different topics each time. Topics such as industry changes, different rules and regulations, tax planning, financial planning, and investment planning, just to name a few. Training would continue from 9:30 to noon, after which I would get a quick lunch. After lunch I organize who I need to call, for example, confirming meetings, booking additional meetings, and any other administrative duties I had to complete. I generally leave the office between 2:00-3:00 to go to client meetings. These meetings would typically continue until 9:00-10:00 PM after which I would come home to wrap up my day, make notes on my meetings and get together anything that needed my attention for the next business day.
Human Resources Administrator Internship (Current Employee), Toronto ONApril 29, 2015
Great Corporate Culture. Good experience overall. I really enjoy working here. Great Unlimited income potential benefits
Good
Financial Consultant (Former Employee), MontrĂ©al, QCApril 15, 2015
It's good company with well known name and it has a lot of professional employees, but their compensation system is not competitive for someone new in the business.
Productive, fun place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Penticton, BCApril 14, 2015
Pros: Working with great people
Cons: Not enough hours
I would process investments and do the banking, Learning new investment opportunities, loved the people I worked with. always an up beat place to be.
Very professional atmosphere with productive and dedicated employees.
Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 12, 2015
Pros: Work was appreciated
Seniors were consistent with expectations and requirements. Bonuses were provided were given throughout the term and employer noticed above and beyond effort made by assistants.
Productive and easy job
Financial Consultant (Current Employee), Pickering, ONApril 6, 2015
Pros: Hours Flexibility
Highly supportive management helps everyone from various divisions. I have learned to communicate effectively in a highly professional method and this will help me everywhere including my personal life as well as professional life. There is nothing hard in this job if we meet new prospects on daily basis and provide financial guidance to them. Most enjoyable part of the job is to meet new clients with different cultures, demographics and personalities everyday. Co-workers are so helpful to get rid of various queries about different aspects such as investments, insurances, mortgages and all other financial aspects. This job gives pleasant of mind as we help so many clients to guide them to achieve their various financial goals. There is excellent work environment and positive motivations for employees from employees and team-work ability is beyond the limits.
Productive place with unlimited income
Executive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONMarch 24, 2015
Pros: management always brings treats, fun socials
Cons: assistant pay
If you are strong and organized, you can make a lot of money in this business. It takes planning and thinking. The staff and the consultants are all professional and theyre very work and family oriented.
Nice Place to work
Financial Consultant (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 19, 2015
A good team and a good management, enthusiastic and exciting bunch of people. most enjoyable part of the job is to scheduling your time and sticking to it.
love to have a balance in life which will make me happy and productive
Client Service Administrator I (Current Employee), North YorkMarch 8, 2015
Pros: have to have my one hour lunch break to clear my head
Cons: there are non that i can think of
I love to work in an environment where I can be interact with clients and since I have an excellent customer service abilities I find that I should pursue my passion and desire to be able to do what I LOVE in life by assisting others through beautiful make up products and explaining to them how to apply and enjoy wearing such luxurious products.

I think since this is a passion I am bound to do excellent in selling products and adding to the over-all profit of the company.
asset management firm. spacious offices and great people
Human resource intern (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: the ability to go for lunch at your own time
Cons: longer hours of work
i enjoyed working at Investors Group. I got to see how financial consultants work and how the manage their clients and guide them into a safe financial future. The workers at investors Group are friendly and ever ready to assist you with any help you need.The most enjoyable part is, you get to chat with colleagues at lunch time and share ideas from various backgrounds
Consultant
Consultant (Current Employee), Windsor, ONFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: flexibility of hours
Cons: variability of income
Reviewing current client accounts
Prospecting
Calls to set up appointments with prospects and clients
Completing appointments
Collecting personal financial information
Designing a financial plan for each client
Implementing the plans
Handle all aspects of financial planning such as
1. investments -
2. mortgages
3. debt consolidation
4. tax planning
The most enjoyable part of the job is working with couples to help achieve their financial goals. I enjoy when clients give me referrals to grow my business.
The hardest part of the job is prospecting clients and when prospects do not show up for appointments..
Sales Culture and Incentivization
Financial Planner (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 5, 2015
An interesting career with a lot to learn. Expect difficulties in your first years. Money can be made. If you are considering becoming a financial advisor speak with a financial advisor about what you can expect in your career.
Great yet Inconsistent
Financial Consultant (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: education
Cons: instability
I learned a lot from the time I've been here about not just the industry but about the importance of proper time management and networking.

The most enjoyable part was meeting new clients and building relationships, the least enjoyable part was the instability in consistent commissions.
A good experience where I had the chance to work with excellent people
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 3, 2015
During my experience at Investors Group I could improve my administration skills and immerse in a Canadian job atmosphere. It was a fantastic opportunity for me where I went an step up in my career.
Excellent work environment
Intern Financial Planner (Current Employee), TorontoJanuary 29, 2015
Good place to learn, helps you know the market, You get to know about the finances of the clients and you help them invest which in turn trains you for future investments

1 2 3 4 5

About Investors Group

At Investors Group, we firmly believe that building long term relationships with clients is the best way to help them reach their – Read more

Investors Group Photos

Investors Group Edmonton Metro Board room
Our Edmonton Metro office is located in the heart of down town Edmonton in the Scotia Place Towers
Edmonton Metro front desk