Invisible Children

Invisible Children Employer Reviews

Amazing culture, burnout warning
Graphic Design Intern (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMay 30, 2014
Pros: extraordinary people
Cons: pie-in-the-sky idealism, burnout, exploitation/little compensation
Invisible Children is a great place to pursue your passion for social justice, but I fear the culture and momentum leans too much on youthful passion and idealism. Great place to connect with socially minded, brilliant young people.
An epic adventure and a great job
Freelance Motion Graphics/Video Editing/Design (Former Employee), San Diego, CAFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: travel, flexible hours, awesome staff
Cons: company was still very young and new when i worked there, so had some management and organizational problems
Worked with IC for 4 years, and continued to freelance with them after I moved from San Diego to San Francisco. They are a non-profit, humanitarian aid organization. Got to travel all over the world shooting documentaries, and went to some really weird and crazy locations for work. Traveled consistently, had a ton of amazing adventures and loved the work we were doing, which was also all for a very good cause.
Invisible Children
HR Generalist (Former Employee), San Diego, CAFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: the cause, the culture, the people
Cons: lack of organization
I started as an intern at IC and was brought on staff after 8 months. The friendships that I had with my co-workers and the level of their characters were by far the best thing about Invisible Children. Also the mission and the effectiveness of their work is absolutely incredible and unparalleled.
Do something that matters, work with Invisible Children
Communications Proffesional (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 18, 2014
A fantastic place to work. Great mission and great culture.
Great office culture, rewarding work if you believe in the cause
Public Relations Assistant (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 16, 2013
I loved working at Invisible Children. Because it's a small nonprofit (in terms of employees) there is a lot of opportunity with projects and making something your own. They value creativity and hard work which makes for an excellent work environment. You have to be very strong and self-sufficient to work there.