INVISTA Employee Reviews

Terrible place to work
Operations Engineer - Utilities (Former Employee) –  Orange, TXDecember 24, 2014
I was not valued as an employee. Didn't even have an office and had to wander around like a nomad with my laptop. There's horrible teamwork. They've let go, retired, and scared away so many people that the responsibilities just piled up on the remaining survivors. People are running around like chickens with their heads cut off, and there's no chance for teamwork, especially for the role that I was in.

I had a terrible mentor/supervisor who blamed me for things not getting done, when I was the only person pushing for these projects. I let my own boss paint me in a negative light, telling me I needed to get out of the "victim's mentality," telling me I needed to change my attitude, when it was all really just building false accusations in a blame game so that they can preserve their reputation.

My title was an engineer, but my roles were not engineering related. While I cherished the moments working with others and doing real engineering work, most of my time was dedicated towards paperwork, and oh boy is there paperwork in this place.

Stay away from this place at all costs. It's not a good working environment. It's totally disorganized. It's a terrible place to grow as a young engineer. I'm ashamed to have stayed as long as I did, thinking I could make a difference here. I was so wrong.
Pros
freebies and lunch on the weekends for working 72 hr weeks on a plant ta
Cons
the list is too long for the bandwidth of this website.
Draining work with OK pay
BCF Spinner-Operation Tech (Former Employee) –  Lugoff, SCNovember 18, 2014
12 hr Rotating shifts.
A typical day would consist of you going in check with Team Leader or Line up roster to get your assigned location. Sometimes you could be working from the time you get in to the time you take your 45min break, and then till the time you clock out. Most of the management is pretty new so they have difficulty on the processes that takes place with the lower job titles. You do meet different kinds of people though lazy, nice, rude, hard-workers, young and old. No going out for lunch or anything (unless emergency) until your shift is over. If you enjoy fixing stuff and don't mind working hard for ok pay then this is it. Not recommended for people with family or very involved with families.
Pros
pay is ok and some life learning lessons from the older workers.
Cons
one break 45 min lunch break, and can't leave to get lunch.
The Victoria plant is a mess.
Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXJune 12, 2013
If you want to live where you work, the Victoria plant is the perfect place. In operations you hardly get a day off. The management is pathetic, and the training is less than adequate.

At the risk of sounding like a bitter ex employee, I will stop there. I chose to leave when I was told my vacation was cancelled. My vacation was to see my daughter graduate. They chose to cancel vacations when they had a plant malfunction that was very predictable, but ignored. No one in management wanted to tell corporate they needed to spend money while on their watch. Eventually the equipment gave out. Needless to say this is a microcosm of what you will get to deal with. I had been their ten years and walked away. But I got to see my daughter graduate!!

Sorry for the spelling, I'm on a phone and it's hard to type. Hopefully spell check got it!!
Pros
overtime if you like it, and money
Cons
overtime and your there more than you are at home.
Bad Schedule, Good Pay
Casting Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Lugoff, SCJune 29, 2015
Invista works on a 12 hour swing shift from 7-7. You will work days one week and nights the next. The pay is very good. It is a great place to gain manufacturing experience. The management is horrible. Its all about showing off to the big supervisors and not about managing employees. Most of my co-workers are great. However, there will always be someone you dont see eye to eye with. The hardest part of the job is definitely the shift work. It has destroyed my sleep schedule and makes it very hard to balance work and family. The hear is also a big con. The AC units are old and barely work. You are required to wear PPE the whole 12 hours. The most enjoyable part of the job is that you will get a week off every 4th week. I only work 15 days a month.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Swing Shift, Forced Overtime, Bad Management
Cult Like Environment
operator (Former Employee) –  ornage, txFebruary 5, 2013
I don't really understand the positive reviews unless people think they can be tracked and get that pat on the back that is ever so elusive. Values are nonexistent. Management covers each others backs and acts like they are clueless to issues when in fact they encourage noncompliance or working around the system. When you bring issues to light everyone acts like they are on board but then does whatever they want. It is a horrible place to work and the owner is buying more and more companies every day making it hard impossible to burn bridges. Everyone is so busy complaining about the conditions that no real work ever gets done.
Pros
bathroom breaks, plenty of gossip
Cons
sucks the life out of you
Management not concerned about undermanagement employees
Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Orange, TXMarch 13, 2015
A typical workday consists of a 12 hour shift, sometimes running smoothly, sometimes not so smoothly. Management does very little to participate with the laboratory personnel on shift, and very little is done to make our lives a little easier. Expected to work lots of overtime in order to cover for being short handed. Compensation is the only part of the job that makes it tolerable, but even bonuses and performance pay for laboratory is way less than the rest of the plant. There is no room for advancement even with the degree that I have. Laboratory Technician is the only job I will be able to do while working here.
Pros
pay, health benefits, 401k
Cons
management, not too many perks
Demanding job with good benefits
Spinning Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Lugoff, SCMay 24, 2012
I enjoyed the job though at times it could be very stressful. The company required and expected alot from its employees. The hardest part of the job was just the stress. You didn't know what type of shift you were going to have and were really at the mercy of the machine that you were assigned to. We only worked 14 days out of the month and got a seven day break every month. My only problem with job advancement was the company had you on probation for an entire calender year from hiring date. Even if you were qualified you couldn't even apply to another position
Pros
seven day break
Cons
stress, one year probation
Turnover is high for a reason
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orange, TXJanuary 23, 2013
This company has a very high rate of turnover which indicates bad management or poor working conditions. The company does not have any loyalty to their employees and people are viewed as a commodity. Pay counteroffers are more common than raises for loyal productive employees. With turnover so high no one really knows what they are doing because they haven't been properly trained.

On the plus side benefits are great and it's a perfect place to get experience to fill out your resume.
benefits
Cons
atmosphere, management, hr, fear of retaliation
Horrible place to work. MBM principal are taught but not practiced. You have individuals in upper management who can't even manage their children.
Document Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 4, 2014
Worked here through a temp agency job was suppose to last six months lasted 2 because of a personal conflict of interest. Management gives a poor definition of professionalism. They hire managers who wouldnt survive at popeyes this is a who you know job.I absolutely hated working here. If offered a job run.
Pros
great pay
Cons
management
Was avery good job but company will shutdown units and put employees on the street with no remorse.
Process Operator (Former Employee) –  Orange, TXOctober 22, 2015
This was a great job to have with great people to work with and good benefits. The company made the decision to shut down our area and instead of trying to find jobs elsewhere, just put majority of their employees on the street without jobs and without any remorse. Would not recommend employment there for the simple fact that the future is not very bright for the entire site(Orange, TX).
Pros
Work environment, coworkers, benfits
Cons
No future for the business
Experience while working at Invista
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAJune 29, 2012
As is typical in most organizations, managers are experts in their field and do not have the characteristics of a good manager. Therefore, the mentoring necessary for advancement can not be found. Approval/disapproval of work are based on a managers understanding/lack of understanding, as opposed to rating work on merit.

Compensation and advancement are based on what is best for the organization and only those who "add value" are compensated. Simply do your best at your job will not alter your compensation.
Pros
none!
Cons
lack of support and mentoring
great pay
Machine Operater (Former Employee) –  Lugoff, SCJanuary 22, 2015
for the money nice place to work All the overtime you want and more. The hardest part of the job was getting used to the rotating swing shift. The most enjoyable part about the job is that you get 7 days off straight with pay every month. The management are very fair everything is by the book. Co- workers are very helpful they don't mind helping you if you are in trouble
Pros
the pay
Cons
it's a very loud place
Enjoyed working with my crew and co-workers.
Relibility Maintenance Lead (Former Employee) –  Orange, Tx. 77630October 20, 2015
Company lacked in proper training for employees which in turn allow for High turn over rates.I enjoyed my job and working as a team player with my co-worker. Upper management is weak due to high turn over. Fun place to work but with the companies growth so fast training became a big issue. I did learn a lot while there but feel there are better opportunities available.
Not a terrible place to work
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Camden, SCAugust 31, 2012
The co-workers were mostly great to work with and most of the shift supervisors were amazing. When you start upper management tells you that you're all family now, LIES. They due layoffs every year, the do hire some people back but not all. When i was injuried on the job I did not receive workerscomp. I was even fired while i was out of work with my injury.
Pros
pay
Cons
upper management
you can find more trustworthy prisoners
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXNovember 4, 2014
If you don't have a family or a life outside of work, this might be a good place to start. The pay is good, not great. Management is a joke. They promise a lot of change but nothing good ever comes out of their change, it's always for the worse when it comes to the employee. Old saying, too many chiefs and not enough indians.
Pros
good pay
Cons
no life
Getting to learn new skills.
Machine Operator/ Denier Change Operator (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAJanuary 8, 2014
On this job I started off as a creeler, meaning I had to stock and tie creels. Once I mastered this job I had to take a test so I could move to a better position which was machine operator. I ran a machine and had to make sure that the thread count was correct and also that they have stocked the right thread. After mastering this job I got the chance to move on to DC Operator, which means that I set up the machines so that they could run.
GREAT PLACE TO WORK
SPINNING OPERATOR (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNSeptember 1, 2012
GREAT PLACE TO WORK TYPICAL DAY IS RUNNING 4 DOFF MACHINES DOFFING EVERY 80 MINUTES.I LEARNED HOW TO STRING UP MACHINES,CTX DEPARTMENT,ACW,PRIVATELY OWNED.MY COWORKERS WERE GREAT WE ALL HELPED EACH OTHER GREAT TEAM PLAYERS.THE HARDEST PART OF THE DAY IS WHEN ALL MACHINES BREAK AT THE SAME TIME.THE MOST ENJOYABLE IS WHEN MACHINES ARE RUNNING GOOD AND WE GET HOUR AND TWENTY MIN,BREAK.
Pros
pay is great
Cons
12 hour swing swift/work all holidays
Java professional with 7 years of experience in software development
Java Developer (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSJanuary 5, 2016
This is a global company creating value for customers and shareholders across a portfolio of advantaged intermediate chemical technologies, high performance polymers, and differentiated fiber and other downstream products. The current application is to develop a CSR dashboard needed by customer service representatives (CSR) team for viewing the status of orders processed in the Enterprise resource planning system.
Relaxed yet professional environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Martinsville, VAAugust 16, 2015
The work schedule was ideal for me and my family. I worked with some wonderful people. However, I did try to refrain from getting too personal with co-workers. The environment was very relaxed. I felt that my opinions were valued. I am thankful for the opportunity to learn other fields of work such as Human Resources and Procurement.
Pros
Good compensation, excellent benefits
Good place to work if you dont mind the hot enviornment.
Outside "A" Process operator (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCNovember 29, 2012
A typical work day involves a lot of trouble shooting. These jobs take time to learn and master. Management and co-workers work together in a teamwork enviornment to ensure safety and good job performance. The hardest part of the job is the tight spaces and learning the processes. The best part of the job is the teamwork.
Pros
continuous learnin enviornment, co-workers, advancement opportunities
Cons
hot in the summer and cold in the winter.