INVISTA

INVISTA Employee Reviews

Good company to work for if you want to take on a lot of responsibility
Process Engineer Intern (Current Employee), Victoria, TXJuly 6, 2015
Management and co-workers are great and are always willing to help you out. There is always a lot of work and the company is slightly understaffed but that leads to opportunity to take on responsibility and advance your career.
Bad Schedule, Good Pay
Casting Machine Operator (Current Employee), Lugoff, SCJune 29, 2015
Pros: Good Pay
Cons: Swing Shift, Forced Overtime, Bad Management
Invista works on a 12 hour swing shift from 7-7. You will work days one week and nights the next. The pay is very good. It is a great place to gain manufacturing experience. The management is horrible. Its all about showing off to the big supervisors and not about managing employees. Most of my co-workers are great. However, there will always be someone you dont see eye to eye with. The hardest part of the job is definitely the shift work. It has destroyed my sleep schedule and makes it very hard to balance work and family. The hear is also a big con. The AC units are old and barely work. You are required to wear PPE the whole 12 hours. The most enjoyable part of the job is that you will get a week off every 4th week. I only work 15 days a month.
A very physical job
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Athens, GAMay 2, 2015
Pros: good benifits
Cons: working 12hrs with just a 30 minutes break
You were always busy and moving, I learned how to be a team player, I worked with some really caring and nice people! Working with Invista was very rewarding, I learned a lot machine skills
Good place to work, flexible
Material Handler (Former Employee), ChattanoogaApril 7, 2015
Good place to work. Schedule with rotation of shifts allows for adequate time off. Good opportunity for overtime. Great staff.
Management not concerned about undermanagement employees
Lab Technician (Current Employee), Orange, TXMarch 13, 2015
Pros: pay, health benefits, 401k
Cons: management, not too many perks
A typical workday consists of a 12 hour shift, sometimes running smoothly, sometimes not so smoothly. Management does very little to participate with the laboratory personnel on shift, and very little is done to make our lives a little easier. Expected to work lots of overtime in order to cover for being short handed. Compensation is the only part of the job that makes it tolerable, but even bonuses and performance pay for laboratory is way less than the rest of the plant. There is no room for advancement even with the degree that I have. Laboratory Technician is the only job I will be able to do while working here.
Productive but work Safety standards aren't as good as I like.
Process operator (Former Employee), Victoria, TXMarch 9, 2015
Productive but work Safety standards aren't as good as I like. Most co workers don't follow through with inspecting, monitoring and maintain equipment. My interest is to work safely and be productive and I'm not getting a good balance here.
SAP HANA BASIS OpenText Architect
SAP HANA BASIS OpenText Architect (Current Employee), Wichita, KSMarch 6, 2015
SAP HANA BASIS OpenText Architect.

Client required us to implement the business process transformation which includes to build the SAP system components and other Bolt-on's which required for this process to build & configure latest & greatest in the market. I have involved on End-to-End process for OpenText and HANA Components.
great workplace
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Waynesboro, VAFebruary 18, 2015
great place to work. good paying job with great benefits. unstable though. i was laid off. love the job couldnt ask for a better group of people
Good place to gain experience
Operations (Current Employee), Orange, TXFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: good experience
Cons: no matter what you do it's never good enough
Invista is a great place to start out a career and gain valuable experience. Just be prepared to juggle many different balls at the same time.
Good Company
Process Engineer (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 9, 2015
Will love to work but as a full time employee. Company culture is good,Employee can maintain work life balance. Company has a cooperative culture.
its a job
Systems Specialist (Former Employee), Wichita, KSJanuary 31, 2015
Pros: its a job that pays ok
Cons: employees are not valued
Managers are horrible. They can and will push you around and insult you. They teach these great sounding business principles but don't follow them. Employees are not valued, they are simply a commodity.
great pay
Machine Operater (Former Employee), Lugoff, SCJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: the pay
Cons: it's a very loud place
for the money nice place to work All the overtime you want and more. The hardest part of the job was getting used to the rotating swing shift. The most enjoyable part about the job is that you get 7 days off straight with pay every month. The management are very fair everything is by the book. Co- workers are very helpful they don't mind helping you if you are in trouble
High expectations and Fast paced
Corporate Recruiter (Current Employee), Wichita, KSJanuary 12, 2015
I work in a very motivated environment with dedicated co-workers who are passionate about what they do. It's a great environment for me and I have enjoyed the fast paced work place.
Terrible place to work
Operations Engineer - Utilities (Former Employee), Orange, TXDecember 24, 2014
Pros: freebies and lunch on the weekends for working 72 hr weeks on a plant ta
Cons: the list is too long for the bandwidth of this website.
I was not valued as an employee. Didn't even have an office and had to wander around like a nomad with my laptop. There's horrible teamwork. They've let go, retired, and scared away so many people that the responsibilities just piled up on the remaining survivors. People are running around like chickens with their heads cut off, and there's no chance for teamwork, especially for the role that I was – more... in.

I had a terrible mentor/supervisor who blamed me for things not getting done, when I was the only person pushing for these projects. I let my own boss paint me in a negative light, telling me I needed to get out of the "victim's mentality," telling me I needed to change my attitude, when it was all really just building false accusations in a blame game so that they can preserve their reputation.

My title was an engineer, but my roles were not engineering related. While I cherished the moments working with others and doing real engineering work, most of my time was dedicated towards paperwork, and oh boy is there paperwork in this place.

Stay away from this place at all costs. It's not a good working environment. It's totally disorganized. It's a terrible place to grow as a young engineer. I'm ashamed to have stayed as long as I did, thinking I could make a difference here. I was so wrong. – less
Draining work with OK pay
BCF Spinner-Operation Tech (Former Employee), Lugoff, SCNovember 18, 2014
Pros: pay is ok and some life learning lessons from the older workers.
Cons: one break 45 min lunch break, and can't leave to get lunch.
12 hr Rotating shifts.
A typical day would consist of you going in check with Team Leader or Line up roster to get your assigned location. Sometimes you could be working from the time you get in to the time you take your 45min break, and then till the time you clock out. Most of the management is pretty new so they have difficulty on the processes that takes place with the lower job titles. You do meet different kinds of people though lazy, nice, rude, hard-workers, young and old. No going out for lunch or anything (unless emergency) until your shift is over. If you enjoy fixing stuff and don't mind working hard for ok pay then this is it. Not recommended for people with family or very involved with families.
you can find more trustworthy prisoners
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee), Victoria, TXNovember 4, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: no life
If you don't have a family or a life outside of work, this might be a good place to start. The pay is good, not great. Management is a joke. They promise a lot of change but nothing good ever comes out of their change, it's always for the worse when it comes to the employee. Old saying, too many chiefs and not enough indians.
Horrible place to work. MBM principal are taught but not practiced. You have individuals in upper management who can't even manage their children.
Document Specialist (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 4, 2014
Pros: great pay
Cons: management
Worked here through a temp agency job was suppose to last six months lasted 2 because of a personal conflict of interest. Management gives a poor definition of professionalism. They hire managers who wouldnt survive at popeyes this is a who you know job.I absolutely hated working here. If offered a job run.
Good Place to start out.
Process Operator (Former Employee), Orange, TXSeptember 10, 2014
Lots of procedures for you to follow. Better documentation than most other plants.
Conservative company with lots of opportunity
Former Employee (Former Employee), USAAugust 18, 2014
I learned a ton working with this company and was given lots of opportunities to take on more responsibility. However, pay did not keep up with the responsibilities you were given the chance to take.
Invista Review - Lugoff, SC
Team Leader (Former Employee), Lugoff, SCJuly 7, 2014
Pros: a job
Cons: management culture, ownership views, hr
Terrible Management culture. HR was very shady in their adminiatration of policies. Koch in general .. Money is their only priority. Did not appreciate value adding input that went against Upper Management ideas. Guiding principles were overlooked to suit the Management in various areas. Weak Manager in the area I worked in.
Headquarters