INVISTA Employee Reviews

Great place to work and great employees
Construction Laborer (Former Employee) –  Lugoff, SCFebruary 12, 2017
A typical day at work starts around 6:30 am. I learned a lot of different skills working at this plant. The management is great and easy to get along with. The culture is very diverse. The hardest part of the job was being outside in the elements during construction work. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the crew I was with.
nothing to say
Manufacturing Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Camden, SCJanuary 10, 2017
I have nothing to say typical day not enough help. The TL nick pick until you quit or get fired. you will get terminated for just about anything . don't care if your are an excellent employee. Their are no incentives. Christmas or Thanksgiving you don't get anything. Nothing to show the employees that the company care.
Pros
The Pay
Cons
Wrong people in positions
Great place to work great pay
Material Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXNovember 7, 2016
.Order and track instruments and electronics

. How much different oilfield and chemical plants are to work for

. Pretty good but you always have your few to complain about

. Co-Workers were great top quality people

. Emergency work orders cutting into regular work orders stop what you are doing and immediately and take care of issues

. Payday and people saying good things about me to my boss
Pros
Great hours
Cons
Insurance not that great
Great People/Job Culture
Production Leader/Reliability Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXMarch 2, 2017
INVISTA was an outstanding place to work with seasoned veterans at their job. They embrace you like family. Always training and increasing plant knowledge.
Pros
Family environment; great people
Cons
Cut-backs/Shutting down of some buildings within the plant site.
This company is horrible to work for!
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXOctober 23, 2016
Do not work for this company, this company is by far the worst company I've worked for. Trust me, I've worked for this company and found out the hard way! The management and HR do not care anything about the employees nor are they there to back or support the employees! The management talks and treat their employees like animal they just can abuse however they want to because they know HR will not do anything to them and also if you do talk to HR and management finds out, they will retaliate against you. They will try to find any little thing to get rid of you or hang for for any little mistake! You would be better off working for Walmart or McDonald's then working for this company.
Pros
Absolutely None
Cons
Find another company to work for
Take my job seriously
Employee (Current Employee) –  Dalton, GAJanuary 14, 2017
Retaliation DOES take place but they (management as well as HR) can always mask it as something else. There fore there is no question as to why they would have to let you go. You can't trust a one of them. You always have to watch your back. You will be lied to in front of your face. You can take numerous breaks when ever you want as long as you Want. If you are a smoker you can head right outside the backdoor anytime and as much as you like. Management just looks the other way. You can stream music, watch videos, walk around texting on your phone, even cat nap if you will. No expectations. No one is held accountable for their time and work ethic. All you have to say is your all covered up.
This company has a big turn over. People come get trained then leave to go to a better company with better pay and room to grow.
Pros
All you have to do is show up
Cons
No incentives, no bonus, no overtime, work is pushed on the workers, No support, No credit where credit is due
A Company Attempting to Embrace Change
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSOctober 14, 2016
INVISTA has been through a great deal of change. The current climate is not great due to the tough business conditions and everyone is feeling the squeeze. This presents a great opportunity to change and grow the company, but it is at the expense of the employees who are at times overworked, underpaid, and generally unhappy.

The company offers a great deal of opportunity and advancement for those who stick it out, but one of the biggest gripes most individuals have is Wichita, rather than INVISTA as there just is not much to do to unwind from a hectic day at work.
Pros
Strong Emphasis on Culture (MBM), Great Learning Opportunities, Travel
Cons
Work/Life Balance, Employee Morale, Compensation slightly under market
Great work environment
Mechanical Engineering (Intern) (Former Employee) –  Orange, TXFebruary 14, 2017
As an engineer/intern, you spend the first few weeks out with the maintenance personnel learning about the equipment and duties of the staff. The other engineers and people you work with were fantastic and always willing to help and assist.
Easy work Hard management
Casting Operator (Current Employee) –  Camden, SCOctober 4, 2016
When I got to Invista it was a great place to be. Lately the rules and procedures have changed and management has been horrible. All problems fall onto employees and we cant defend ourselves over management. So before they decide to just get rid of you. Find another career.
Pros
pay. 7 days off (if no forced overtime)
Cons
Management. Cant leave for lunch.. lots of forced overtime.. lack of management skills
Challenging and innovative work place
Senior EPA Research & Development Technician (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TN 37415March 15, 2017
Enjoyed working at Invista. Constant challenge to improve products, procedures and employees knowledge and abilities. Sorry the plant shut down. Great work environment and team spirit.

Want to know more about INVISTA?

Ask a question
Whats the point?
operator (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCDecember 14, 2016
worked there 7 years, good job, good money, then closed plant for all but a handful of people and we were out the door? With no feeling of secure future, wouldn't want to go there not knowing if I am wasting years for nothing
Pros
good benefits and pay while job lasts
Cons
lay offs and out the door
Manufacturing Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Lugoff, SCSeptember 15, 2016
My overall rating on this company would be 4 stars.
The work is not hard. A typical day at work is at least 5 out of the 10 positions that Im resaponsible for break. I troubleshoot all day or night long. I've learned a lot of diy. Management turnover rate is not good. Co workers are good have an excellent team working environment. Hardest part of the job is during lunch when your work load go from 10 positions to 20, and they are running pretty bad. My most enjoyable is when you worked 12 hours and have between 1-5 breaks all night. What a good night.
Pros
OVERTIME
Cons
NO YEARLY RAISES
Fast paced work environment, average mgmt. , little opportunity for advancement.
Quality Assurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orange, TXOctober 25, 2016
I worked at DuPont/Invista for 38 years. Good work environment, good people, good benefits. Very limited opportunities for advancement.
Pros
Flexible day work schedule, self managed in my role(s).
Cons
Little opportunities for advancement.
a decent job
Level 2 Operator (Former Employee) –  Lugoff, SCDecember 4, 2016
this was a wonderful job. the work hours were ok but i felt there was some management issues that could have been better. there was always a failure to communicate vital information and numerous employees were lazy and should have been fired years ago
Good Experience
Chemical Operator (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCOctober 17, 2016
More delightful and better atmosphere and better conversations with co workers A typical day would be coming in hearing what went on that day or night better relief and understanding conversations with co workers
Pros
safety and family orientated
Cons
Not being upfront about the plant closing down
Management contradictions
Environmental Air Section Leader (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXJanuary 18, 2017
Company culture is looks ideal on paper but site management are suing it arbitrarily and capricious for their own selfish purpose.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
management culture not consistent
Helping small businesses grow.
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 23, 2016
I worked from home and had a 3 state territory. I learned that I am very good at presenting product and technical training. My co-workers were great and we worked as a team. The culture was outstanding and very supportive. The hardest part of the job was trying to educate the employees on why our carpet fiber was superior to that of our competition. I truly enjoyed building the relationships with my clients and their families.
Fun place to work
Beam Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Athens, GANovember 13, 2016
Everyone was willing to help, when needed. Teamwork was pnemonal. Management listen and helpout when needed. It wasn't alot of pressure, yes, you may have some bad days, but, the people helped it get better.
Pros
Listen to music, pretty much laid back
OK place to work
Instrument/Electrician - Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Seaford, DEDecember 25, 2016
OK place to work the people in the skilled trades positions were great and working with them was a good memory.

The work was interesting.
Pros
good work
Cons
not looking like they will remain open
Not a bad place to work 12-hr shifts
Manufacturing Technician (Current Employee) –  Lugoff, SCJanuary 23, 2017
Fast-paced environment
uncertainty job security
As long as you do your job you won't have any issues. Supervisors change often
Pros
Copensation
Cons
family/life balance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at INVISTA. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8