Invitation Homes

Invitation Homes Employer Reviews

Very demanding job
Service Technician (Current Employee), TampaJune 23, 2014
Pros: health care
Completed work orders, and answered emergency calls. I worked alone some times the job required two people but I was the only one, there was not knowledge support from management. The hardest part of the job was not having any help. The most enjoyable part was the customers.
Productive and Challenging
Director of Leasing (Current Employee), Plantation, FLMay 20, 2014
Pros: start up business
Cons: was able to implement a lot of new processes to help with quick growth.
Great start up experience, managed over 4000 Single Family Residences with 35 employess, while producing positive NOI and increasing rental rates by 5%. Implemented systems and processes to assist in the exponential growth of the project; Leasing, Property Mangament, HOA and controlled Rental Rates in the tri-couty area. Hired, Trained, Developed and – more... Promoted staff members. – less
Invitation Homes
Aquistion Transaction Coordinator (Current Employee), Tampa, FLMay 6, 2014
I enjoy working at Invitation Homes. This is a friendly work environment. The managers are very helpful in making it a desirable work environment.
Invitation Homes - Confused
Director of Maintenance & Operations (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMay 2, 2014
Cons: poorly managed.
All work no fun. How many hours can you work 7 days a week?
There is a lot of wasted talent and resources. The management team is scrambling to build a foundation for a concept that already exists in multifamily.
Unprofessional, Borderline Incompetent
Analyst (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLMay 1, 2014
Pros: co-workers were briefly excited about their work.
Cons: unreasonable work expectations, low-pay, no work-life balance.
I would routinely work sixty hours a week and rather than a thank you, management would give me their errands to do on the way home. It was a shame because the employees there were motivated to do good work but, management drove it out of them.

The ad I responded to said the company would teach me the business. Teaching me real estate appraisal was – more... a two hour session on my first day. I was then left on my own with my manager complaining about my work. When I told them that I thought the training was inadequate, I was given a book to read on my own time. Again, I was already working sixty hours a week.

Finally, the manager doesn't understand the terms they use. I was told to develop a model of paying six cents on a dollar for real estate. After the model was finished, the manager questioned it saying that they expected a sixty percent discount. If they didn't understand six cents on the dollar meant a *forty* percent discount, he shouldn't use that terminology.

There are much better employment options. – less
Fun atmosphere to work in
Construction Manager (Former Employee), Tampa, FLApril 30, 2014
Loved working here hated losing job due to budget cuts. Rehabed many homes and turned them over to families that loves living in them.
Start-up company, first securitized single family home property management company in the country
Executive Assistant to COO and CIO (Current Employee), Tempe, AZApril 30, 2014
Start-up company in business two years with 14 offices throughout the U.S. managing over 4,000 single family homes nationwide worth over a billion dollars. Fast growing, ever-changing environment, focus now shifting from acquisitions to strictly property management.
Very Unorganized and unprofessionally run company
Administrative (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLApril 28, 2014
Pros: benefits are great
Cons: this company is very unprofessional and drama filled, poor management all around.
This company has NO organization. The upper management have no backbone. There are no procedures in place and there is a lack of professionalism within this company.
Lots of conflict and drama within the company.
No training on work load. This company hires people who are not qualified to do the job assigned to them. The upper management promotes based – more... on personal relationships vs. job experience.
I have seen people within the company with no experience make management positions while others with lots of experience have been held back to benefit the department.
I would not recommend anyone to this company. Long work hours with little appreciation. Work load is very unreasonable for the pay. – less
would not recommend anyone to company
Leasing Coordinator (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 25, 2014
Training inadequate. Workspace small/uncomfortable. Management not organized.
Marketing Specialist
Marketing Specialist (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLApril 15, 2014
Pros: great work atmosphere
Cons: investment company so no job security
Responsible for developing, creating, and executing regional marketing support for corporate website

Collaborate with various departments on the development and implementation for effectiveness of all regional marketing initiatives

Worked monthly with all locations across the U.S for new marketing ideas and improved strategies

Researched various – more... fields to gather the most information regarding a property when marketing it

Used time efficiently, while always planning ahead for additional resources to set goals and objectives

Strong work ethic with the ability to multitask

Committed to long hours when necessary to meet goals

Maintain positive, proactive and collaborative communications for all daily assignments

Monitored personal work to ensure quality, as well as achieved challenging set goals

Perform well under pressure in all situations

Monitor, audit and ensure quality control company's marketing including but limited to Craigslist, MLS, Facebook and other various online social media sites

Managed weekly signage for all homes within my region – less
Difficult place to work as a Manager
Confidential (Current Employee), MiamiMarch 30, 2014
Pros: matching 401k
Cons: expect to work 70 hrs a week
For any management position, expect to work 70 plus - hours a week - unless you refuse it will turn into a 24 / 7 job,, answering email and working long hours - when equated to an hourly rate, you loose.

Corporate office drives hard - they are disorganized, lack an understanding of what the regional employees need to do the job; the system are limited. – more... Corporate does little to demonstrate that they care about employees extra efforts. Hear there are bonuses but they were not delivered when committed. – less
Great when they figure it out
Superintendent (Current Employee), MinnesotaDecember 4, 2013
Great company when you are doing the job you were hired for.

They still dont quite have everything figured out. Lots of lack of communication. Everyone thinks they are the boss and a bunch of know it alls.
Exciting things are happening here
Information Technology (Current Employee), Dallas, TXDecember 3, 2013
Pros: upper management have an "open door" policy, work downtown, opportunities for advancement
Cons: no structured training
This company is so young and I am the first person to work in my position.

My day is not typical but I love it! I have the opportunity to be both analytical and creative.

I talk to many different people throughout the company. My co-workers and managers are fun to work with but they are also very knowledgeable. I have many mentors.

If you like a – more... typical corporate structured environment, this is not the place for you. You will hit the ground running. – less
Nice place to work
Marketing (Current Employee), Dallas, TXNovember 18, 2013
Pros: fast paced, opportunity (career advancement), new industry and company
Cons: new company and industry so typical growing pains they seem to be handling well
So far everyone is friendly and helpful. There isn't too much turnover as the company is so new. As long as you jump in, pick a path, and follow through you are probably good to go. Be prepared to change direction and wear several hats. They seem to have it together in terms of structure and foundation. I'm really excited to see where we are in a year!
Learning Experience
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Woodland Hills, CAOctober 6, 2013
Pros: learning new things everyday
Cons: having to do others jobs with out the pay
A new company great people to work with. However there is no structure nor protocol.
Very fast faced, challenging and learning environment.
Document Manager/Coordinator (Current Employee), Tampa, FLApril 17, 2013
Pros: great coworkers and atmosphere
Cons: long hours, often over 60 per week. not much appreciation shown for hard work.
Analyzed real estate closing documents for accuracy. Manage the collection of Florida region's preliminary and post closing documents to ensure all properties closing meet financial qualifications. Follow up with title agents to make sure they are doing their due diligence and clearing title for each property. Reported to asset management weekly showing – more... growth and areas to improve on. Learned how to communicate and analyze in a greatly more detailed manner than before. Gained in experience in coaching and managing a team of document coordinators to success. The hardest part of the job was just continuing to be accountable for all closed properties that were acquired, which was over 3,000 properties in 6 months. The next hardest was finding help when needed. Everyone was too busy to help and even request for help. The most enjoyable part of the job was working as a team and being part of one of the biggest investments in history. We made history and dominated the market. – less

About Invitation Homes

We are managed by some of the industry's most innovative residential property specialists and operate in partnership with one – Read more

Invitation Homes Photos