Invitation Homes Employee Reviews

Never Good Enough
POD (Current Employee) –  FloridaMay 1, 2017
One gives their all but its never good enough for management. One follows policy and when residents call higher up we are accused of not doing our job. More and more work is given to Ops team but positions are being removed. Only two people for over 800 single homes of which are all over the place. You are expected to know your properties, complete reports, answer emails and calls, speak to escalated residents due to maintenance issues either at move in or during the lease term plus much more with only two people in your so called "team."
Benefits
Cons
Work load, they don't have your back.
Ih
Lease Administrator (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 26, 2017
this company is new and still figuring things out, my department is very new and it seems like they are trying to do too much with too few employees, the people I work with and work under are very great people but again still figuring things out.
Only the strong survive
Assistant Portfolio Manager (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLApril 23, 2017
I've worked with this company for a little over 3 years and I have seen it grow with constant change from day to day. As they were a new company and the leading company in this industry there was really no play book. We literally had to invent the wheel for all processes and everything was trial and error in the beginning until we got it down packed. We all grew as a family and I loved working with each and every one of my peers. I have nothing but good things to say and I loved the challenge of working there. I work best under pressure and there was a lot of pressure in that office. I left because I wanted to explore other options and utilize my degree. but I would definitely go back! I learned a lot from IH and I love every single person in that office!!!
No training
Leasing Manager (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 10, 2017
Very frustrating company to work for. There is no training offered and policies change daily. Leadership is less than desired and lead with bullying tactics.
Corporate Monsters who get paid to be cruel
Leasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLMarch 30, 2017
As an independent contractor you work for the company for free, you travel 100+ miles a day causing a huge gas bill and car maintenance bills in the hopes that some one's credit and income will qualify for an application for one of their homes, if the resident moves in that's the only way you will get some form of payment. If you secure more than 70 plus applications, and receive constant good reviews from the residents that you spend weeks with to help them move in and you are the top performer for the company giving them occupancy which is what they drill you for, this is what you will get, you will get shut down out of the company systems in the middle of showing homes to clients without explanation and your independent contract will be terminated without explanation. You will be treated disrespectfully after working hard for them and Classless behavior from management who will just ignore you and leave you to find another way to support your family without any reason. This is how you will be treated if you work for this company. You have been warned!
Pros
work from home
Cons
No Job Security
Corporate rat race
Regional HOA Manager (Former Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLMarch 28, 2017
I enjoyed the people who worked at IH but I didn't like the corporate demains handed down from Corporate to the regional offices. They made changes to policies regardless if it was feasible for the independent region. This rat race kept me working 60+ hours a day. Answering calls and writing emails on Saturdays and Sundays and even in the middle of the night.

I learned a lot and worked with some the the sharpest and most intelligent people I'd ever met.
Too many changes
Survivor (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 25, 2017
High school environment for mean girls that should act like adults.Backstabbing and trust no one kind of place to work. Keep away from this place or you will regret it!
Professional
General Accountant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 13, 2017
Contract
Was there for only a month
Very quiet environment
Free fresh fruits daily
Free snacks daily
Beverage served coffee, water, hot chocolate and lost cost soda
Pros
Very professional
Cons
Good experience and great sportsmanship
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 12, 2017
That this company you learn a lot of job experience. Work well with work employee. Also good customer service with there residents. This company have great employee to work and help each other. How this company show some support on the work and sportsmanship with each other.
Productive and Fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 1, 2017
This is a great company to work for. Management look for creative ways to keep the office morale up and try to make sure everyone is included as a team. The hardest part of the job is making sure you are working with a team that's a good fit, because sometimes you have those people you work with that doesn't realize that there is NO "I" in team. What I enjoyed the most about the company is the people that I have bonded with and consider them more than just my coworkers, but my friends.
Pros
Relax atmosphere to work in
Cons
Job security
Little Support
Leasing Agent (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 27, 2017
Pros;
Steady form of income
Good assets

Cons
Assets too spread out (agents travel 150-200 a day)
No or little home office support
Too many problems with 3rd party vendors (Onsite)
Agents are required to be scheduled for meetings that are canceled last min, wasting time for clients.
Pros
Good commissions
Cons
Way too much travaling and lack of proper agent area asignation
Great team
Sr. Residential Maintenance Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Sandy Springs, GAFebruary 23, 2017
Management is very helpful with tough resident as well as senior co-workers. Our goal is keeping our residents happy.We aim to bring joy to living outside of an apartment.
Pros
Yearly company events
Cons
n/a
If you like to work hard and keep having your pay cut this is for you
Leasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 10, 2017
Was a good company the 1st few years then they started cutting office staff to the bare bones. Co workers leave and they do not even let you know their just not there anymore. Became a company that expects you to do the job of 3 people while cutting your pay. No respect for the hard work you do only constant badgering for more production. Does not listen to needs of workers just pushes them. Constantly changes policy without notice which wastes a lot of your time and if your on a commission basis your constantly working for free!!! Beware!!
Pros
work from home
Cons
management/micro managing/constant staff changes/negative atmosphere
The worst company I have ever worked for.
Assistant Portfolio Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 8, 2017
This company has no clue what they are doing. Overworked employees is the job culture atmosphere. Management sucks and could care less about you as a person. I will never recommend someone to rent from or work for this company.
Pros
The people you work with
Invitation Homes Miami Region
SHARED SERVICES COORDINATOR/UTILITY COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLJanuary 29, 2017
A fast-paced environment, always something to do. I learned a lot from working in the Maintenance Department at Invitation Homes. It was great to be a part of an upcoming company - to see from where they were to where they are today. It was a journey and a great learning experience. I pride myself in knowing that when I left there were some practices that I put into place within my department. I hold Invitation Homes in high regards. I do however, wish they would value their employees more.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Upper Management
Good Pay
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 23, 2017
I keep long hours but the pay, benefits and bonuses are amazing. Great experience and the company culture is very lively. If you are looking for a more corporate but fun environment. This is it!
Great Company
Portfolio Operations Assistant (Current Employee) –  Plantation, FLJanuary 20, 2017
I relocated and got a job at Invitation Homes. The job was very challenging which I enjoyed, I inner acted with real estate agents, the residents, the HOA company's assisted my Manager and assistant manager, posted rent and any admin duties that was required of me.
Pros
Free Lunches, very flexible, great group of people
Cons
it was just a temporary assignment
not good place to work .
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 21, 2016
my review about this companies that they needs to check on the supervisor was bad very bad especial we they supervisor they don't care how much you know it they have friend that needs a job they bring they in over you even they don't have experience at all .
excellent work environmentt
Assistant Portfolio Manager (Current Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CADecember 4, 2016
The work pace is fast and furious - days fly by. Each day is different from the next. Flexibility is key in this ever-changing coporate environment. Coworkers rock! Amazing people at each level.
Corporate philosophy is that Invitation Homes is a good neighbor and excellent addition to each community where the company operates.
Be proactive.
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 24, 2016
A typical day at work, must have a good working skills, what you applying for. Job takes mostly driving your personal vehicle to residents homes. Enjoyed to work there.
Pros
No free lunches
Cons
Very short breraks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Invitation Homes. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7