Invitation Homes

Invitation Homes United States Employee Reviews

More work no more money
Portfolio Operations Associate (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 6, 2015
Pros: A learned alot
Cons: they where not a good company
They closed the acct dept and leasing dept. and marketing dept and gave it to one person to learn in a short amount of time.
HORRIBLE LEADERSHIP
Former employee (Former Employee), FLMarch 22, 2015
Pros: Great benefits
Cons: Poor upper management, Incompetent leadership, NO WORK LIFE BALANCE
The company has good talent but only promotes unworthy individuals. The growth was great but horribly mismanaged and many of the RPs and RVPs were grossly incompetent and highly overpaid.

HR was amazing but often sides with upper management who generally is unprofessional and untrustworthy.
New and excitng experience
Field Technician/Supervisor (Former Employee), Tampa, FLMarch 18, 2015
Pros: new experience, flexible schedue, challenging
Cons: massive amout of work and not well orgaized yet
Invitation Homes is a company that is pioneer on the multifamily industry for residential homes. It is a great place to work.
very unorganized management
Superintendant (Former Employee), Bellevue, WAMarch 17, 2015
Pros: good pay/benefits/people
Cons: weekly 4pm meetings with 2hr drive to attend and get home at 9pm
working with contractors and co-workers in field was enjoyable experience
many good people in management but lacking background in
construction to operate smoothly
purchase property- to many beyond reasonable repair
rehab property- a lot of unqualified general contractors
lease property-rehab budget and lease expectations was always an issue
each field supt carried 25-40 jobs with 10-20 contractors turning over
5-10+ properties each week to leasing
this was a temporary position up front, with a 400 property backlog
purchasing 30-50 per week and not enough field supts or GC's to
handle the load.
10 months later over 2,000 properties had been given to the leasing dept
Was able to learn alot from Invitation Homes.
Quality Control Specialist (Former Employee), Altamonte Springs, FLMarch 17, 2015
Was left to make my own schedule and work as long as needed to complete the task at hand.
The only problem was the lack of management skills by the Supervisors and Managers.
Constantly Changing Company
Portfolio Operations Associate (Former Employee), Roseville, CAMarch 12, 2015
Company is still trying to define itself and the core values. The job culture is always precarious as information is not shared with employees and management cannot keep up to date on the constantly changing vision for the company.
great work place
Service Technician (Former Employee), Woodland Hills, CAMarch 10, 2015
 Responsible for completing work orders with issues relating to HVAC, plumbing, electrical, carpentry, paint, appliance repairs and common household problems.
 Complete home turns including maintenance, painting, and cleaning to make homes rent ready.
 Respond to calls for emergency maintenance in a timely and effective manner.
Poor Management & Constantly changing goals
Leasing Agent/Realtor (Current Employee), Plantation, FLMarch 6, 2015
Constantly changing goals; managers are often changed as well. No job security. Poor communication and no ethical. It is all about circle of friends to advanced in the company.
Learn as fast as you can
Portfolio Associate (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: work experience gained
Cons: salary, cubicles
Fast paced. Daily changes in work flow processing. Heavy work load. Management report and numbers driven. Nice office building and location.
Fun company
Leasing Supervisor (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLJanuary 30, 2015
I've enjoyed my time with Invitation Homes when I first started the job was fun and challenging for me as time went on the challenges stopped. I would like to put my talent and eperiences to use at a company that is forced with changes and challenges on a daily basis.
I worked there
IT assistant (Former Employee), tampa FLJanuary 20, 2015
It was pretty nice, I worked there. Did my work, everyone was happy.

Then they replaced me.

I thought I was doing good work, but they replaced me b/c my boss was fired, and they had no one they could use to transition me into more responsibilities.
Productive and pleasant work environment.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), tampa, flNovember 5, 2014
Pros: flexible lunch times, dress code was not strick
Cons: na
A typical work day can vary from day to day. Each day is different. Just come to work on time and handle your duties and responsibilities.
To be honest, there is no hard part to a job. Once you learn your job, you got it. Just do it and do it effectively and accurately.
The entire job has a pleasant atmosphere which makes the job enjoyable.
Team enviroment
Vendor Relations Manager (Former Employee), Altamonte Springs, FLOctober 30, 2014
Most days spent between the field and the office. Assisting new homeowners.

I learned a wealth of knowledge about construction.

Management-was hands off

Co-workers were team oriented and like family.

The hardest part of the job was watching good people loose their job during the hard times during the downturn of construction.

I loved helping people.
Productive and fun place to work
Accounts Payable / Receivable Specialist (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 25, 2014
IH is a good company to work for. The president of the company is a great person to work with. She genuinally cares about the employees. The people that I work with are good people. The hardest part about the job is embracing the upcoming changes. The most enjoyable part is solving problems and working with happy people daily. I love the manger that work alongside. He is awesome!!!
A company in chaos
Operations (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCOctober 1, 2014
Pros: competitive pay and benefits
Cons: no job security. extremely unrealistic expectations.
The initial pay and opportunity was good, however, the company was constantly changing/reinventing itself, and has yet to get stable. Constantly changing roles, layoffs, firings. Everyone fears being fired every day. I learned to never go to work for a start up company. The employees are great but the company expectations are extremely unrealistic. The job was actually enjoyable for the short time you can keep it. Buying, renovating, leasing and managing single family homes is a challenging and exciting profession. The management works very hard & insane hours trying to keep everyone up to date with the constant change, but a lot falls through the cracks since all the layoffs as there is no longer enough help to get the job done right.
Great environment with professionals
Administrator/Asset Management (Former Employee), Corona, CAAugust 19, 2014
Pros: great people!
Cons: sometimes very long hours
During my time with this employer, I was able to assist the company with gaining investment returns quicker with either resident retention or by freeing up occupied assets using Cash for Keys assistance or through the Unlawful Detainer process. This was done so that the property may be free to rehab and eventually offered for lease, hence quicker returns. In this position I was a part of every process from the point of acquisition to leasing signing to collecting rents and processing maintenance requests. My effective communication skills with tenants and attorneys lead to this success, along with my in depth analysis of real estate legal documents.

Co-workers were great; extremely professional and very smart. Management team were hard working individuals who supported their staff in any way possible. No complaints whatsoever regarding my colleagues. Other than the long work hours (sometimes up to 12 hours a day) I really enjoyed my job. I learned a lot about property management, acquisitions and legalities that come with the real estate industry.
Good pay if your used to dealing with evil coworkers!
Marketing Coordinator/ Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), alpharetta,gaAugust 14, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: horrible dirty management heartless and mean to clients
Great pay, tasteless management skills. bad corporate life...................................................................................................................................
Great Experience with a Great Group of People
Superintendent (Current Employee), Bellevue, WAAugust 6, 2014
Pros: lots of experience with the remodels
Cons: position is being done away with after company is finished purchasing homes in area.
My day will start on the road at 0630 daily, will have a Move In Orientation followed by 2 - 3 Pre Acquisition Inspections. After words I will head to my assigned remodel properties. At present I am carrying 15, at one point I had over 40. I will close out approximately 3 - 5 weekly and turn them over to leasing after my remodel is completed. Local management is fantastic, hard charging, expecting 200 percent from all and willing to give it themselves. Management in Headquarters is cutting to the bottom dollar and is affecting everyone's mood, attitude and work. My co-workers are great, willing to help and like myself willing to work till the work is completed. Hardest part of the job is the changing work, one day one way and the next another. Most enjoyable part of the job are my co-workers.
Company with lots of money, wants to make a strong profit any way they can.
Real Estate Salesperson (Former Employee), henderson, nvJuly 2, 2014
Pros: clean office, company has loads of money.
Good company, my boss Chris was great. The other bosses at the corporate level kept changing things over and over again. Instead of making a solid foundation of rules at the start of the company, they kept changing factors that made us the best rental company around, to just an ok rental company.

The pay was ok, lots of pressure, I got laid off eventually even though I was full commission. I don't believe I was performing as well as I could have. It was hard to perform at full capacity when the work was so slow. At some points in time they gave me 10 houses to rent at once, and other times I had 0-1. You can see why it can get boring and you laze around.
Very demanding job
Service Technician (Current Employee), TampaJune 23, 2014
Pros: health care
Completed work orders, and answered emergency calls. I worked alone some times the job required two people but I was the only one, there was not knowledge support from management. The hardest part of the job was not having any help. The most enjoyable part was the customers.

About Invitation Homes

Invitation Homes specializes in providing high quality rental homes throughout the Atlanta metro area. We have rental homes available – Read more

Invitation Homes Salaries