Invitation Homes Employee Reviews in United States

Ok
Resource Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 26, 2016
My day consisted of reviewing turn and rehab budgets. Assigning jobs to vendors and ensuring completion in a timely manner. On boarding new vendors and ensuring compliance with all vendors.

I worked in three departments so I learned a lot in regards to operations, turns, rehabs and maintenance.

There is little to no respect among co-workers. It is a huge challenge on a day to day basis. I felt as though if I were not part of a clique, I was being reported as doing something wrong. It made going to work very stressful.

The hardest part was dealing with the people. Again, if all you want to do is your job, it is not the right place for you.

I did enjoy how busy my job kept me.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Lack of Morale
Great Company
Leasing Manager South Florida (Current Employee) –  Plantation, FLMay 12, 2016
This is an amazing company, with a new but improving culture... Lot of good things I am expecting from them in the near future.
Employee team building
Accusations Administrator, HOA Administrator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 10, 2016
Joined the company early as an Acquisitions Admin, opening files and reviewing properties. As acquisitions toned done, I moved to a different department as an HOA Admin. This position was also time limited. I left only because I knew this was a contract job but really enjoyed working there.
Pros
Team building
Cons
Knowing the job would end.
Great from the start
Shared Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 20, 2016
I really enjoyed my time at IH. My husband was relocated with his job and we moved out of state. If they had a location in Huntsville, AL area I'd gladly go back.
Second Favorite Company I've worked for.
Portfolio Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 20, 2016
Invitation Homes provided an amazing experience for me during my three (3) years working there.

I am thankful to have been a part of their growth and success from the beginning stages.
Pros
Job security, great pay, always evolving
Cons
Cliques, not enough diversity.
High School
Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 2, 2016
It's bittersweet working at IH. It is a very corrupt company with a tattle tale culture. There is no HR (except in Tx) so managers will do things to get people out if they dislike them. It's a very toxic work environment. It's very political. Your experience will depend on who you clique up with and not your work ethic. There are good people there but they are often overlooked. Management tends to stick by their friends even when you can prove they're wrong and they've lied. There are fun work events they call 'team building' but ... only the same people show up who are typically part of the ring who run the office. Pay isn't fairly distributed either. Promotions aren't done fairly...it's basically a high school you get paid to attend. Your work ethic/experience truly doesn't matter. There are also a lot of inappropriate relationships which effect everyone as well. The company is always changing and their business practices are more than questionable. The benefits are ok.
Fun job with terrible management and little forward movement
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WADecember 20, 2015
Being a project manager for Invitation Homes had a lot of positive traits, It was ever changing and high stress which kept me on my toes and always motivated to get things done as efficiently as possible. Unfortunately the job culture was extremely negative with no upward mobility. The management team was not fully aware of the daily tasks needed to perform my job and the jobs of my coworkers so they had unrealistic expectations and overwhelming requests. There was quite a bit of turn over with the company for these reasons and most people felt they were severely underpaid for the amount of work required during the day. The hardest part of my job was not the workload or the work itself but getting the necessary tools from management to do my job successfully, The approvals needed were never done on time by management which set my workflow back and in turn looked poorly upon my performance. Management was a huge setback for myself and the rest of my coworkers as a while. I really enjoyed the work I did on a daily bases, I made a lot of business connections and learned a lot of beneficial skills to develop my career.
Pros
supportive coworkers, flexible hours, benefits, ability to work remotely, Paid vacation
Cons
Management, long hours, lack of accountability with other departments, poor compensation
Ever changing company
ASSET MANAGEMENT (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 19, 2015
Great start up experience, managed over 4000 Single Family Residences. Implemented systems and processes to assist in the exponential growth in the Tampa Bay area. Fast paced. Daily changes in work flow processing. Heavy work load. Management report and numbers driven. Seeing the FL division through an aggressive growth phase to stabilization and restructuring comes with its challenges. Company is continuously trying to define itself and the core values. The job culture has changed 100% and is precarious as information is not always shared with employees.
Pros
Experience gained, Competitive pay and Benefits
Cons
Work Overload, inexperienced management
Needs a lot of improvement
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Sandy Springs, GAOctober 27, 2015
This job requires making alot of calls and schedules. Work is easy but way too much and the system needs to be updated so it can be easier on the employee
Pros
Own desk, Benefits, Restaurant
Cons
Pay
Working there
Management (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 20, 2015
Management makes poor quick decisions, then changes their mind.
Management treats associates poorly and with disrespect.
CEO doesn't ask questions to determine if decision work for all, self serving decisions are made with little regard for team; doesn't listen, and needs to always feel like he is the smartest man in the room.
CEO spends too much time on minutia that will make him "look" good to all of the friends he brings in to impress.
Employees are completely overworked and overwhelmed.
Amazing Place to Work
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  GilbertOctober 14, 2015
Invitation Homes is a great place to work for advancement as well as great for a team morale. The work climate is very relaxed but at the same time very professional.
Stressful
Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 12, 2015
The company is still on the newer side. But after being in business for approximately 3 years now, you would think they would have it a little more together! Immediate management and upper management say they care about you but actions speak louder than words. The bottom line is how few people can they get to do about 4 different positions so that they make money. It is about the almighty dollar at this company. Employees are worked and worked and worked. You are, however, surrounded by immediate peers facing the same things you are. That part was always refreshing. Your peers willing to help at anytime was a great feeling. Upper management asking you for your feedback, opinions, etc.-complete waste of time. They sound great but most decisions made in this company have nothing to do with their employees-whom at the end of the day-make them their money!! Your day consisted of listening to residents complain to no end about someone else...it was never ending. I learned a lot and met some phenomenal people. However, I did not realize exactly how stressed I was until I left the company.
Pros
Learning something new working with a start up company
Cons
Micro-management, endless hours, contstant workflow changes
Receive inbound calls from propsects and residents
Call Center/Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Atlanta,GaSeptember 25, 2015
I am an Aggressive Professional Experience Property Manager, with over 14yrs of Skills and Knowledge in the Property Management Business to Manage and lead staff to uphold a sucessful property.
My portfolio is shown to very sucessful in all past properties I have Managed. Upholding Occupunacy close to 98% or more at all times, Delinquency under a small percentage as possible.The Experience and Skills that I hold would bring sucess to any property that is given.
Fast Paced Organization with Exceptional Talent and Experience
Consultant - Performance Management Group (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 14, 2015
IH is a highly diverse company with a focus on innovation and leadership in the real estate finance industry. I very much enjoyed working there.
Fun and energetic atmosphere
Bilingual Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 8, 2015
Very serious but fun atmosphere. We take our job serious but at the same time we try to keep everyone relaxed and not overworked. Very supportive management team and flexible work schedule. Love to provide service to individuals needing assistance in finding a property as well as maintaining the up keep of our current residents in their homes. On the overall rating for job security I wanted to put two stars because this position is through a temp agency but does not know when can be placed permanent.
Pros
Great management team
Cons
not providing permanent position
Las Vegas office was great but Corporate was typically unappreciative
Independent Loan Consultant (Realtor) (Former Employee) –  Las VegasAugust 20, 2015
As an Independent "Vendor" loan consultant, I spent my day handling calls (65 hrs/mo) from prospective residents, showing homes 5-10 a day and driving 1500 miles/mo. The compensation was the main reason for staying and working 7 days a week. Then, in May, they chopped the compensation plan down to as close to zero as you can get in anticipation of an IPO. Typical Corporate maneuvering in this day and age. It was great while it lasted but I don't work for free, not in this heat.
Pros
Always paid quickly by management for closings.
Breakfast provided often
Assistant Portfolio Manager (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FloridaAugust 7, 2015
Answering phones, meeting with walk in clients. Management was difficult to work for, if they were not your friend, you did not receive support in the work place.
Pros
meeting new friends
Cons
having to deal with Management and no support
fun, Busy people there are great
dispatcher (Current Employee) –  MiamiJuly 26, 2015
Great place to Work . Great managemen, great benefits the schedule is flexible i was able to spend time with family,they provide traing as you need it , they work with you if you need a day off.
Pros
great place to work
Entrepreneurial atmosphere
Benefits Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 16, 2015
As all HR departments priorities shift at the drop of a hat. Had an incredible team that help move the ball forward.

Company has moved from zero to over 1400 associates in only 2.5 yrs.

Amazing accomplishment.
Pros
Daily snacks great location
Cons
Ever changing focus
Team atmosphere
Accounts Receivable (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAJuly 9, 2015
We all worked as a team with the same goal to be successful. very professional and we received may incentives to beat the other districts. when we purchsed a home we posted a sign and celebrated.
Pros
Great company to work for, team players
Cons
downsized the company