Invodo is one of the best places to work in Austin and the fastest growing small company.
If you can sling database code and understand how to tune databases to get the best performance, you may be a great fit in our elite team of engineers.
Location: Austin, TX
Job Type: Full-Time with Salary, Benefits, Options
Reports To: VP Engineering
Invodo is a fast-moving startup in Austin, TX. We are the leader in the eCommerce video market, and we are looking to grow our Engineering team. Are your skills, experience, and desire to be in a fast paced environment a fit?
Invodo has a world-class media player that serves over 50 TB of video/month to some of the world’s largest e-commerce sites. We have tens of thousands of videos that are served from our platform and have a “big data” back end analytics system. We are still a small company with a very dynamic and high-performing team that releases new software every 3 weeks. We are looking for a highly skilled and motivated software engineer to assist in design and development of media asset publishing, APIs, and back-end database and analytics systems.
To succeed in this role, you must be able to:
- Perform logical schema design from process requirements.
- Apply knowledge and experience with physical database design to optimize performance of large databases.
- Construct and optimize advanced queries, triggers and stored procedures for MySQL and Postgres databases.
- Perform some DBA functions including performance tuning of database operational parameters for both cloud (AWS) and local server instances.
- Take ownership of major software projects, including the ability to design and develop complex system code with unit tests that works in a 99.999% uptime SAAS environment.
- Have a good understanding and command of Linux/Java/JSON Apache technology stack.
Other desirable skills include:
- Hibernate, liquibase, Scala
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelors or higher degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Physical Sciences
- At least 5 years working with relational databases such as Postgres, Oracle, or similar
- Excellent communication skills
- A strong work ethic and desire to work in a fast-paced, fun, demanding environment.
- Meticulous attention to detail and quality
Invodo helps businesses sell more through the power of video. As a full-service eCommerce video solution, Invodo provides a service that involves creating high-quality product video at scale and delivering video through retail-focused technology. Invodo videos increase sales, reduce product returns, and drive site traffic for our clients, which include Internet 500 retailers and major manufacturers.
Invodo employees crave challenges and are unafraid to constantly push their comfort zones. As a growth-stage company, Invodo offers the opportunity to increase your skills and advance your career in a way that can’t be matched by larger companies.