Inwood House Employee Reviews

Lead Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYApril 22, 2017
Thisis how i feel about this job, it was an overall good experince and i appreciate it.
OK
Good
Cultured
Comfortable
Easy
Supportive
Pros
Ok
Cons
Ok
productive great fun workplace energnitc activity
Youth Care Worker (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 11, 2017
Mind your manners organization skills recognize that building skills take time arrive early make work friends. Be flexiable, great management skills, Company culture includes a variety of elements, including work environment, company mission, value, ethics, expectations, and goals.
Pros
pay vacation free lunch sick days
Cons
benefits overtime
Great job!
Youth Development Counselor (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 5, 2016
Great organization to work for. Employees are helpful and we all work together as a team. It has been a great experience. I would recommend anyone looking for experience within the social services to work with Inwood House.
nice environemnt
Youth Development Counselor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 5, 2016
A regular work day here is making sure the girls are up and doing what they are suppose to be doing.

Help them with whatever needs.

Secure they safety

Learned how to deal and accept people for the way they are.

Co-workers are amazing

Nothing is hard about this job

Helping these job and communicating with them in the most enjoyable part of the job
Horrible avoid at all cost!
Senior Leadership Role (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 26, 2016
This was once an excellent organization, that has faced constant transition over the past two years. They are currently merging with an another organization and since, have become extremely disorganized and appear to be facing extreme financial difficulties. They have recently laid off their top talent and continue to cut lines. They pay range was once competitive, but now, it is below the market average. The current leadership is horrible and appear to be inexperienced in all aspects of programmatic and non-profit leadership. They promote employees for all the wrong reasons (mostly employees who are inexperienced) and train their managers to adopt a typical bullying mentality to keep other employees in line. If you go along without questioning the decisions of the leadership you will do fine, but if you are someone who cares about best practices and the well-being of your clients, then this is NOT the organization for you. This leadership has completely butchered the culture and programs of a once amazing organization. If you do join this organization do so with extreme caution.
Pros
Clients served
Cons
Too many to list
The vision got lost.
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 15, 2016
Somewhere along the way Inwood House lost their vision about "Helping our youth help themselves" . During their merger (Takeover) with Children's Village, the vision became a business. Caring about the youth and employees became secondary.
What was once a nurturing environment for both the young women and the employees, became all about saving monies. Cutting programs, and getting rid of employees who worked out of their various titles in order to get the job done .
Great
Activity Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 20, 2015
This is a very family oriented and friendly environment. I enjoy working for this company. The management is great and the company as a whole has now taken on a new view of the workplace called Sanctuary where everyone from the top of the company to the management to the employees creates a better understanding of how you feel about your work environment. It is a safe place and I love it there.
Cons
Part-Time gets no benefits
Great Concept!
Senior Educator/Group Leader (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 17, 2014
The program mission was to get the students involved in community outreach early while strengthening their overall academic skills.
Fun, rewarding, dedication
Safety & Security Administrator (Current Employee) –  80 Maiden Lane, Suite 1504 New York, NY 10038July 6, 2014
I work with children, it is very rewarding and uplifting. I have learned a lot with the Inwood House organization. I've been taught group management skills to effectively implement activities to school age children and I've also gain leadership skill's that allowed me to effectively run my own after school site in multiple school's in the bronx. The hardest part of my job at times would be to counsel line staff, in difficult situations. The most enjoyable part of my Job is working with children.
Not very friendly atmosphere and people do not work together.
CASE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  NY, NYMay 29, 2014
Staff is very much to themselves and it is very difficult to communicate and to work together.
hectic
Case Worker (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYMarch 7, 2014
to much work for minimal employees. Expectation are high without proper support.
Pros
new partnerships
Cons
Lo
Staff, office location was in transition
Manager of External Affairs - Interim (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 8, 2014
I came into a period with great turnover in department and senior management. It affected my job status, as I became an incumbent who was removed in the department restructure.
Pros
Friendly, knowledgable staff
Cons
Shaky senior management
Teen Choice
Teen Choice (Former Employee) –  new yorkNovember 22, 2013
Leadership(Director) was difficult to work with for the past few years.Does not know how to treat personnel with respect and dignity.
great
Youth Counselor (Current Employee) –  NYOctober 8, 2013
Enjoy working with the young teenage mother and helping assist with their toddlers.
Hepling Teens take charge of their lives
Assistant Social Worker/Housing Specialist (Former Employee) –  New york NY July 6, 2013
As an Assist Social Worker I assisted Teens apply for Housing, register them in school, go to court with them. I also assisted in apartment hunting help them get ready for Section 8 interview. Once they obtained the voucher helped them find an apartment

I learend everything about Case Management, I got along well with co-workers. The hardest part of my job was calling in a case to ACS when needed.

the most enjoyable part of my job when they moved out into there own apartment
Pros
The covered all medical
Cons
New Administration
The WORSE agency ever!!!!
Youth Development Counselor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 16, 2013
I hated my time at this agency. My program in particular was ran by very unprofessional and vindicative management. My program director introduced herself at a staff meeting and went on to inform the staff that she was "going to get rid of all of us and get people she knows to come and work with her". She was later fired because she was totally unqualified to supervise anyone besides a toy poodle.
A frustrating place to work
Fundraising (Former Employee) –  New YorkMay 15, 2013
The organization has a great mission but it fails to reach its potential due to Senior Leadership issues. Many line staff are dedicated but lack education and leadership skills. Development staff are churned through on average every 12-14 months. Much attention is placed on PR but not nearly enough on results.
Quality Assurance at Inwood
Quality Assurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 14, 2013
I love my position because I have a very autonomous role. My supervisor does not micromanage me.
good place
Clerical Aide (Internship) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 5, 2013
really nice people to deal with and had a good time working was happpy
Can have longevity
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 30, 2012
Inwood House was a very fun place to work. I met alot of good people throughout the years that I was employed with them.I learned how to really become the best at customer service and fine tuning my ability to deal with stresseful situations in a professional manner. As a non profit mamngemnet was always changing, but that was because they were trying their best to make things less complicated and more structured. The hardest part of my job was dealing with clients and having to deliver bad news that would effect their lives. The most enjoyable part was working with my co workers and servicing my clients. They were truly grateful to my hard work.
Pros
time off
Cons
lack of commuication

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Inwood House. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9