IOD incorporated Employee Reviews in United States

This is a good place to work. You will stay busy but theres not much room to grow.
Client Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GeorgiaJune 28, 2014
Working here is great under current management. I hear former manager was horrible. Only complaints its all about numbers and often workers feel unappreciated.
Pros
flexibility, comfortable atmosphere, kind people and great management staff.
Cons
not much opportunity for growth or advancement
IOD for Springhill Medical Center in Mobile, AL BEWARE!!!
Release of Information specialist (Former Employee) –  Springhill Medical Center Mobile, ALApril 18, 2014
First of all I want to say I know times are tough & I really didn't have a good feeling about this from the start but out of sheer desperation I took this job in medical records at springhill. I was fired 2 days before my 90 days was up because I was not a big enough brown noser to the hospital management. I was thrown in with no training then put under a microscope while the "senior worker" did nothing but play on her phone all day while I did productive work. This employee will act like your friend & throw you under the bus quicker than anything to save her own job so don't trust her. This company has no idea what goes on with it's management except on certain days when everyone is there standing over & around each other checking their email is what management does here. Then flies in people to "train" that don't follow the rules as expected by management & not to mention the horrible way you are treated & virtually no benefits!!! The management speaks to you worse than I do my dog & they constantly make it seem like everything you do is wrong-changes one day to the next.
This company is a joke!!! Hope this helps someone not waste their time, effort, or energy.
Cons
this company is a con-horrible company to work for
Horrible Place To Work!!!
Medical Records (Former Employee) –  TrevoseApril 5, 2014
I'm not a bitter employee and I've had some sucky jobs in my life as well as great ones. I've never worked in a more mean unprofessional atmosphere! I was hired for one job and on day one they told me my job would be something else. Then gave me horrible training and threw me in the LION'S DEN. I was then subtly threatened about my performance. I went home exhausted and stressed out to the point that my weekends were spent in bed. Once I caught the woman training me pointing at me while talking to another coworker. Bad behavior is tolerated and excepted especially when you're a suck up. Emotional and mental abuse! I eventually felt drained and asked to work the position I was hied for. Of course everyday afterwards was HELL... every tiny mistake I make becomes a first page bulletin. IF YOU HAVE OVERTIME THEY FORCE YOU TO USE IT BY COMING IN EARLY...Ain't that against the law???
RUN DONT WALK! The pay sucks and I couldn't go to the bathroom without worrying about finishing my work. The supervisor and manager are the worst offenders. Do you want to experience unprofessionalism at its height?! Then go to work for IOD.
Cons
salary catty management healthcare unprofesdionalism
Working at Iod Incorporated
Imaging Contract Technician (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAMarch 12, 2014
This job is related through health care because you are completing the process to complete high volumes of patient information for the convenience for professional health care providers. It can be stressful at times because the position I had held was done by production. There are many ups and down about production jobs.
Pros
lots of production work if done accurately you can make great income
Cons
not enough work to share with colleagues will come to hours being cut and employees being laid off
Loved this job
Medical Imaging Technician and Medical File Prep (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIMarch 7, 2014
Busy work never a dull moment in this job. Enjoyed working with the other employees and the public. Regret that I was unable to return to this job after my illness.
Production oriented and customer service satisfaction most important
Correspondence Representative (Former Employee) –  Phelps Memorial HospitalFebruary 28, 2014
This position required one's ability to do many tasks almost simultaneously as phones were always ringing and patients were coming in to obtain their medical records. I loved the fact that the job was diversified. I learned about the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPPA), various computer programs unique to Phelps and IOD. The people were very friendly and tried to help if asked. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with all the requests that came via the mail while trying to satisfy patient's requests as walk ins. The most enjoyable part of the job was celebrating birthdays once a month or when lunches were supplied by either the hospital or IOD to thank the employees for their efforts.
Pros
diversified work; birthday celebrations; occasionally breakfast or lunches would be served
Cons
short breaks; very few paid holidays; salary increments were very small
Laid back, somewhat boring
Client Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Trevose, PAJanuary 6, 2014
I can't say that I hate my job. It is a laid back place, has many resources available, and offers 401k, benefits, and life insurance. I just need something that offers more excitement to my day.
Pros
offer breaks, kitchen, water jug, can listen to music while working
Cons
tiring
IOD is a great place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILDecember 19, 2013
Great people. Great company. Easy job. Learn alot of state law on how to copy records and what is legal to send and what is not legal to send.
HORRIBLE place to work!!!!
imaging tech (Former Employee) –  phillyDecember 9, 2013
IOD is a horrible place to work. I have worked at IOD for 5 years. The management sucks all they do is lie to you and tell you what you want to hear. The job is so boring I found it hard to stay awake for 8 hours. They higher rude, irresponsible slackers. Management will not listen to you if you have a complaint. The health benefits SUCKKKK!!!! You cant talk you cant chew gum your are timed when you have to use the bathroom. IOD is like being back in elementary school. DO NOT WORK HERE. I can go on and on about this place and it is all bad things.
Pros
there are none
Cons
horrible management, bad benifits, short luch, cant use the bathroom in peace
Good Work Experience
Data Entry Clerk/Mailroom Specialist (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIOctober 14, 2013
I love working at Iod Incorporated. Great co-workers and love the challenges that was giving to me. Wish there was more opportunity to grow with the company.
benefits
Cons
need better management
Relaxed fun environment
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 8, 2013
A typical day consisted of prior to scanning documents into the database first prepping all of the patients charts. I initially learned prepping, then scanning, then a slight amount of medical billing towards the end. My manager was very assertive yet cool at the same time. Most of my co-workers were from the same neighborhood but were still very sociable and helpful. I grasped everything very quickly so nothing was very hard but what took me the most time was the medical billing. The thing i enjoyed was the opportunity to work alone and with people which strengthened my own abilities.
Pros
working at a hospital with a cafeteria.
Cons
the commute to work was very long.
I best part about this company was being able to work from home.
Scan Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pennsylvania and New JerseyOctober 7, 2013
This job entailed a lot of traveling which was difficult but interesting. I liked meeting different people at the different venues we traveled to. The biggest problem with this company was that there were too many chiefs and not enough indians. Management is the reason we lost a lot of accounts. When I wasn't traveling I was able to validate charts on the computer from home and that was great.
Pros
working from home
Cons
traveling
Productive work envioronment, fun
Client Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Middleton, WIOctober 2, 2013
Every day is busy, this makes the work hours feel short. I've learned a lot about HIPAA, medical records release and the health information management as a whole. My co-workers are great, friendly and happy. I enjoy my job
Pros
flexibility
Cons
limited advancement in current position
Nice Place To Work
MEDICAL RECORDS PROCESSOR (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WASeptember 4, 2013
I Have Been Working At IOD For Almost Four Years And Appreciate The Employment; However, I Would Like To Work In My Field Of Interest Which Is Data Entry If This Could Be In The Medical Field It Would Be All The Better But I Would Like To Get Back Into What I Love Most. IOD Is A Medical Records Processing Facility Which Is Wonderful If You Like Processing Medical Records I Just Would Like To Do A Whole Lot Of Data Entry. Thanks
Pros
relationships
Cons
too much overtime, six days a week
Good place to work with lots of people who are easy get along with
Administrative Assistant/EMR Scanning Specialist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 8, 2013
Enjoyed my time working for IOD. Worst part of it that its contracted work and when contracts end you could be out of a job if theres nothing else available at the time which is what happened to me.
Good Office enviroment
Image Technician (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAJuly 28, 2013
It was a great job, i felt like i was important. I learned how to transfer medical files and update patients charts. My co- workers were people i considered family, we were all very close and looked after eachother. The Hardest part of my job would have to be the wait between getting files and sending them to another office, i prefer to be able to get information sent as fast and efficiant as possible. I believe the most enjoyable part of my job was to provide the doctors in my office with the correct information about their patient and have a full and updated medical chart.
Productive environment
Client Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDJuly 25, 2013
Great company to work for, good benefits. Working with different people.
Friendly and Productive work environment
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 30, 2013
On a typical day I learned that each client has their own particular needs, and it was my job to make sure those needs were met. My co-workers and I each worked with a common goal of completing our everyday tasks while assisting each other.
Decent job easy to learn
Client Service Representative-Medical Records (Current Employee) –  SHREVEPORT,LAJune 25, 2013
Decent job easy to learn very little chance to advance. Good place for beginners in him field.
Pros
good co workers
Cons
constantly cut your hours at my facility
This place is a joke, when it comes to the Jacksonville, Fl locations
Document tech (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FloridaJune 21, 2013
I worked there for 8 months, I have never worked for a company that will make you sign a log when you get up to go to the rest room and come back with the times wrote down from when you got up till when you came back. That's a little personal and too controlling. They upper management will lie on an employee to save their own backs no matter what!! Three strikes and your out, we'll I had enough and just walked out after one if those write ups and went to my desk packed my stuff and just left, never to return. Found out after I left 30 minutes later another employee left also and never went back... Sad but stay away from this company!!!
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything you can think of