ION Media Networks

ION Media Networks Employee Reviews

Network Engineer
Network Engineer (Current Employee), Clearwater, FLJuly 29, 2014
• Work in IT infrastructure department under Director of IT Infrastructure to design, implement, and troubleshoot all network solutions supporting corporate television networks including ION Television, Qubo, ION East, and ION Life
• Single handily manage corporate network infrastructure including 4 hub locations, 65 TV stations (branch offices), and various transmitter sites. As well as controlling a CenturyLink MPLS network, remote station voice networks and wireless connectivity at hub location.
• Manage and configure devices such as Brocade/Foundry MLX, SX, FCS, FXS,ICX series layer 2/3 switches, as well as Adtran 1224, 1335, 7100 layer 3 switches and 4430, 3430 series routers.
• Manage Brocade Wireless Mobility Controllers and Brocade access points at all locations within the organization.
• Administer Checkpoint firewalls version R77 to troubleshoot issues and process firewall rules on behalf of employee’s
• Upgrade new versions of Checkpoint Manager Server R75.20 SPLAT to GAIA R77.10 as well as migrate server to different network and location
• Design, configure and install Checkpoint gateways in cluster from previous R75.20 SPLAT software base firewalls to R75.40 appliance based gateway cluster at hub locations to later upgrade to more current versions
• Design, coordinate, and implement station (branch offices) moves and network turn ups as well as coordinate services needed with the organization to ensure new location has the appropriate needs prior to relocating
• Responsible for coordinating and turning up the upgrade of new circuits at locations based on the requests of the organization
I loved working at ION, sadly middle management lacked managing.
Traffic Manager (Former Employee), USMay 29, 2014
Pros: loved the work
Cons: micromanaged, no respect
Too many chiefs not enough Indians. Micro managed from middle managed, but loved loved the work. Sadly a lot of good people got laid off and I just keep wondering why they kept others.
Micro Managed
Station Operations Manager/Traffic Manager (Current Employee), Grand Rapids, MIApril 28, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: no room for advancement
Create daily logs for next day airing, AP/AR, Payroll, Reconciliation
Very productive with a great group of co-workers.
Master Control Operator (Former Employee), New London, CTMarch 26, 2014
ION gave me my first opportunity out of college. Typical day at work would be going in for my shift and getting lowdown on what was going on, checking emails from corporate and taking readings. Then ingest tapes if need be and then monitor both stations as well as their sub channels. Writing discreps when neccessary. I learned how to be aware of my surroundings and how to become a very good operator. Hardest part is when something happens and it is out of my control. Most enjoyable part of the job was the people i got to work with.
It pays the bills
Employee # 3652 (Former Employee), USFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: have some great smart people here
Cons: not letting the great smart people do what they need to do, and succed. sr leadership is where the issues are at.
Strategy and strategic thinking does not exist here. This is a very short term thinking, reactionary type of company with no long term plans of any sort. Unless you count keeping the company liquid with no long term investments, making this company prime for selling.
Terrible place to work, low morale, no job security
Master Control Operator (Former Employee), Southfield, MIJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: the vacation time accured was the only positive
Cons: the ceo laying everyone off to save money, while spending it foolishly
I was with Ion Media Networks for 7 years. While the 4 people I worked with were pleasant and a joy to work with, upper management made life miserable. Any open positions they hired from outside the company, currently laying off over 3/4 of their work force.
Professional place to work
Technical (Current Employee), NYCDecember 27, 2013
Pros: free beverages all day & night
Cons: setting the air conditioning correctly
Management staff is solid and knowledgeable. Co-workers are experienced professionals.
Great company
A/R Cash Analyst (Former Employee), West Palm Beach, FLMarch 12, 2013
Pros: benefits
Job was somewhat challenging, however easy to learn. Co-workers were great!
Enjoyed my job...great coworkers
Traffic Manager (Former Employee), Orlando, FLFebruary 8, 2013
Self motivated
Worked closely with local and national account executives
Produced daily on-air logs
Most enjoyable part of job was working with a great people
productive and fun place to work
Long Form Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Burbank, CAJanuary 8, 2013
Pros: fun and creative environment
Cons: too much time on hands/ no job security
Fun environment, learned many skills, sometimes too much down time. creative rewards when we hit our goals
great place to work
On Air Designer (Former Employee), clearwater, flSeptember 6, 2012
I had a positive experience. Great environment and I enjoyed working with the people there.

About ION Media Networks

You might say this TV company is looking to charge up its audience. ION Media Networks is a leading television broadcaster anchored – Read more