ION Media Networks Employee Reviews in United States

See for yourself
Cash Analyst (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLFebruary 27, 2016
This job is not productive and is a dead END. If your NOT interested in having a career and come to work just to eat lunch and gossip then this is the place for you. Ion has annual reviews that are basically pointless but are still conducted to keep HR busy. They don't identify top performers and are not rewarding.
Poor performers are able to sneak by the system and stay under the radar. Upper management is completely out of touch with its employees and are not warm and inviting individuals. The hardest part of my job is walking back and forth almost daily asking my manager for more work and projects because their is no independence or an organized work environment. The work is hoarded and dementedly controlled by management. The most enjoyable part is meeting some interesting characters and making them laugh.
Pros
Everyone is happy from 11/1-to 12/31 great holiday party and possible bonus
Cons
individuals are not treated equally or fairly (Gods honest truth)
Micro Managed
Station Operations Manager/Traffic Manager (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIApril 28, 2014
Create daily logs for next day airing, AP/AR, Payroll, Reconciliation
Pros
good benefits
Cons
no room for advancement
Terrible place to work, low morale, no job security
Master Control Operator (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIJanuary 28, 2014
I was with Ion Media Networks for 7 years. While the 4 people I worked with were pleasant and a joy to work with, upper management made life miserable. Any open positions they hired from outside the company, currently laying off over 3/4 of their work force.
Pros
the vacation time accured was the only positive
Cons
the ceo laying everyone off to save money, while spending it foolishly
the co-workers made it enjoyable.
Traffic Manager-Network (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 23, 2015
The place itself was ok to work for....I wish some of the management and human resources were a little nicer.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
not a good healthcare system
productive and fun place to work
Long Form Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAJanuary 8, 2013
Fun environment, learned many skills, sometimes too much down time. creative rewards when we hit our goals
Pros
fun and creative environment
Cons
too much time on hands/ no job security
Professional place to work
Technical (Current Employee) –  NYCDecember 27, 2013
Management staff is solid and knowledgeable. Co-workers are experienced professionals.
Pros
free beverages all day & night
Cons
setting the air conditioning correctly
Enjoyed my job...great coworkers
Traffic Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 8, 2013
Self motivated
Worked closely with local and national account executives
Produced daily on-air logs
Most enjoyable part of job was working with a great people
Very productive with a great group of co-workers.
Master Control Operator (Former Employee) –  New London, CTMarch 26, 2014
ION gave me my first opportunity out of college. Typical day at work would be going in for my shift and getting lowdown on what was going on, checking emails from corporate and taking readings. Then ingest tapes if need be and then monitor both stations as well as their sub channels. Writing discreps when neccessary. I learned how to be aware of my surroundings and how to become a very good operator. Hardest part is when something happens and it is out of my control. Most enjoyable part of the job was the people i got to work with.
Great company
A/R Cash Analyst (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLMarch 12, 2013
Job was somewhat challenging, however easy to learn. Co-workers were great!
benefits
It pays the bills
Employee # 3652 (Former Employee) –  USFebruary 13, 2014
Strategy and strategic thinking does not exist here. This is a very short term thinking, reactionary type of company with no long term plans of any sort. Unless you count keeping the company liquid with no long term investments, making this company prime for selling.
Pros
have some great smart people here
Cons
not letting the great smart people do what they need to do, and succed. sr leadership is where the issues are at.
I loved working at ION, sadly middle management lacked managing.
Traffic Manager (Former Employee) –  USMay 29, 2014
Too many chiefs not enough Indians. Micro managed from middle managed, but loved loved the work. Sadly a lot of good people got laid off and I just keep wondering why they kept others.
Pros
loved the work
Cons
micromanaged, no respect
great place to work
On Air Designer (Former Employee) –  clearwater, flSeptember 6, 2012
I had a positive experience. Great environment and I enjoyed working with the people there.
Network Engineer
Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJuly 29, 2014
• Work in IT infrastructure department under Director of IT Infrastructure to design, implement, and troubleshoot all network solutions supporting corporate television networks including ION Television, Qubo, ION East, and ION Life
• Single handily manage corporate network infrastructure including 4 hub locations, 65 TV stations (branch offices), and various transmitter sites. As well as controlling a CenturyLink MPLS network, remote station voice networks and wireless connectivity at hub location.
• Manage and configure devices such as Brocade/Foundry MLX, SX, FCS, FXS,ICX series layer 2/3 switches, as well as Adtran 1224, 1335, 7100 layer 3 switches and 4430, 3430 series routers.
• Manage Brocade Wireless Mobility Controllers and Brocade access points at all locations within the organization.
• Administer Checkpoint firewalls version R77 to troubleshoot issues and process firewall rules on behalf of employee’s
• Upgrade new versions of Checkpoint Manager Server R75.20 SPLAT to GAIA R77.10 as well as migrate server to different network and location
• Design, configure and install Checkpoint gateways in cluster from previous R75.20 SPLAT software base firewalls to R75.40 appliance based gateway cluster at hub locations to later upgrade to more current versions
• Design, coordinate, and implement station (branch offices) moves and network turn ups as well as coordinate services needed with the organization to ensure new location has the appropriate needs prior to relocating
• Responsible for coordinating and turning up the upgrade of new circuits at locations based on the requests
  more... of the organization  less