IOS Employee Reviews

great company
Shipping/Receiving, Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 6, 2017
pipe yard
great company to work for
friendly co-workers
competitive pay
located off HWY 90 in Channelview, TX
must have some knowledge of OCTG tubing/casing
Apple Tech Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 9, 2016
Its a very good place to work. Really felixable on when you can work or request time off they will work with you. They also show you alot of different things for technology.
Great
Technical Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 9, 2016
It's a great company with a lot of room or growth and potential. The roles are difficult to fill but the work is rewarding.
Steady work
Pipe Inspector (Former Employee) –  Woodward, OKAugust 21, 2016
Would work for them again if the oilfield was up because we stayed busy and got good hours. The staff was great and they tried to make sure we were all taken care of.
Pros
Enjoyed the people I worked for
Cons
Not enough hours
poor managment
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJuly 22, 2016
did not assign shifts in proper manor . understaffed at times due to this . bad work ethics . employees showing up late was ok if staff member was favored
Pros
a/c
Cons
bad work enviroment
Software Engineer
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAJuly 13, 2016
Writing and authoring a good deal of code.
Working and meeting with team members.
Speaking with customers and or clients.
Dont invest time
Technical Advisor, Transcom NA (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLMay 14, 2016
This job is not what you think. They dont have paid time off, the training is not organized. The managers are not on the same page.
Work until you die
Lead Inspector (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHApril 18, 2016
Nobody above local management cares about employees in the least. I managed all operations in OH and I left because the company started doing things I believed to be ethically questionable.
I worked here for 2 years
Intuit Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GAMarch 13, 2016
The atmosphere is always good but due to the site closing there are a lot of people who are worries about what is going to happen. I learned to manage different groups of people and how to create job aides to meet goals. The hardest part of the job was dealing with multiple payroll issues. I enjoyed being apart of the team and I wish the site would stay opened.
Pros
Great atmosphere and agents
Cons
payroll could be a lot better
Typical day
Customer Service/Sales (Former Employee) –  Midvale, UTMarch 11, 2016
This was a call center where consumers would call to arrange a party at a restaurant. It was a good job. I used a phone and a computer to do this job.
I started my career form this company. This company has given me good start for my life and i have learned a lot about my work and life at this place.
Developer (Former Employee) –  Lahore, VAMarch 4, 2016
Great job, with plenty of chalenge.
Inspector (Current Employee) –  Kimball, NEFebruary 29, 2016
I enjoy the challenge of learning, all of the assets. There isn't a typical day, at work. We give the customer the services, they need. This differs, from order to order.
I have learned, how to clean, drift, and inspect the threads, as well as the whole body of the pipe. The different inspections, include "dry", with the assistance of a CD Box, or by hand, with a yoke. Wet or Black light, uses a CD Box.
I have started training to operate the EMI (6000) unit, which is a full body inspection.
I have had training in gauging threads, as well as running the Band Saws, cutting the ends off of the pipe, to be re-threaded.
My co-workers are great, we work well together.
The hardest part of my job, is the slump in the oil industry, has made it impossible to make ends meet.
Pros
Plenty of overtime, when busy
Cons
Less than 40, hours a week, when not busy.
A good production
Lathe Manual Machinist (Former Employee) –  New Caney, TXJanuary 16, 2016
I learn in this company to combine in may job skill with the intere
I like to give a good job with no mistake with high quality ; and every day to have knowledge about the new products.
I like very much to work in this company ,all the personal was very nice ,the management kind and very polite with the all workers.
new company with new management
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZDecember 28, 2015
i feel like this was a frat boy atmosphere where only management benefited from it. and not customer service friendly. Was a scheme to make money
Great work life balance and casual culture.
Software Development Intern (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVNovember 5, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. Decent amount of red tape and politics, but this is expected of a big company. The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them. The office started to get crowded as the company grew.
IOS in a Flash
MICRO TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLJuly 15, 2015
IOS was an awarding opportunity where I was allowed to be hands on and deliver exceptional service day-in and day-out to customers, which allowed me to follow my passion of technical advancement.
Poor pay & management.
EMI Operator/Level ll pipe inspector (Current Employee) –  Youngsville, LAJuly 10, 2015
Not enough employees to do jobs at a reasonable time. Helpers are inexperienced & lazy. Cannot keep safety equipment (gloves. safety glasses; ear plugs) & everyday supplies needed in cleaning & inspecting in stock. Upper management doing a poor job of managing company. Everybody under paid except for upper management
fun workplace
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXApril 27, 2015
A good company to work for experienced a lot of diffrent cultures among employees. I had the prevledge of meeting new people from other companies within the corpus area, i learned the basic functions of the company and its procedures.
Fun
CPU TECHNICAL SUPPORT (Current Employee) –  HomeMarch 6, 2015
I love helping people and solving their issues. Hardest part is not getting distracted from things in home environment. Co-workers are nice and supportive.
Stressful Environment
Marketing Communications Specialist (Current Employee) –  Athens, GAMarch 5, 2015
Hours of sitting at a time on the phone. Learned quite a bit about servers and technology in general. Management styles varied, but overall tough to work with. Co-workers were great and understanding and love working with them. The hardest part of the job was finding the strength to call people, knowing you would get a negative reaction around 80% of the time. The most enjoyable part of the job was the camaraderie among the MCS's.
Pros
Many wonderful people work there.
Cons
Different rules for different people, not all had to follow the same protocols. High turnover.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IOS. Our community is ready to answer.