IOWA LAKES COMMUNITY COLLEGE Employee Reviews

Productive clean and fun workplace
JANITOR (Former Employee), Estherville, IAMay 18, 2015
Clean all the classrooms, which included washing white boards, vacuuming, and wiping down tables. Vacuum the hallways, and mop main bathrooms, wiping down doors and windows. I learned to pace myself so that i could get my duties done on time. My co-workers were very nice and always willing to assist so that the whole school is done, teamwork! The hardest part was going to work after class for another three hours, still having homework and basketball practice. The most enjoyable part was walking through the school and knowing you did this!
Fast paced and fun
Cook (Former Employee), Estherville, IAJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: friendly, fun
Cons: a few long hours and then no health benefits for permanent part time employees
Fast paced environment catering to students and faculty at a small community college where you get to know everyone and their needs. Managers at the time I worked there were friendly and helpful and worked to make us all a part of a well run team that helped each other and the customers that came through our doors, making the place feel like home to the students and a relaxing place for the faculty to take a break from the business of higher learning.
Enjoy what I do
Admissions Counselor (Current Employee), Emmetsburg, IADecember 14, 2014
Pros: get to get out of the office
Cons: some people you work with are unfreindly
Loved working with the students in the advisement process, and also liked not being in the office 100% of the time. I don't like living out of hotel 4 out of 5 days in Fall and Spring.
Warm, friendly enviroment
Student Ambassador (Former Employee), Emmetsburg IowaNovember 4, 2014
I work at Iowa Lakes as a work study in the admissions office and I love the office ladies I work with. They are very helpful and it is good experience for me. I learned how to use the datatell system and do computer entries. I give tours of the campus and have constant interaction with people. On top of this job I work at Pizza Ranch every night and go to school inbetween my shifts at the college.
This community college is one of the best. It has alot to offer and excellent instructors.
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee), Algona, IASeptember 6, 2014
Pros: one night a week, pay is good, co workers are great!
Cons: never knowing if there will be a class for you to teach.
Iowa Lakes Community College is a great school. The fellow instructors and co-workers are wonderful. My typical day is once a week in the evening from 6:00 P.M. to 9:00 P.M. The students work through a section on the computer that is predetermined by and shown through a projector for the keystrokes. Microsoft Office is the focus mostly. The toughest part of my job is the hours put in that no one ever knows about. The most enjoyable part of my job is when a student gets it and the lights in their eyes shine and you know.
Worked with incoming students and the one on one with co-workers with in the college
Admissions Assistant (Former Employee), Emmetsburg, IAAugust 19, 2014
Pros: hours that i worked and was able to still have an evening.
Cons: that the school year ended.
Followed through with classes then went to the Admissions office and showed students around and did errands for co-workers. I learned never be shy and came out of my shell. The hardest part of the job was keeping a time limit to giving tours of the college. I enjoyed giving tours of the school.
Coordinate the broadcasting of all home sporting events and concerts at the college
Broadcast Media Coordinator (Current Employee), Estherville, IAJune 7, 2013
Overall it is a very satisfying job. My main reason for leaving is to once again be in Sioux Falls.
Fine people with good hearts. Take education seriously.
Upward Bound Academic Coordinator (Former Employee), Emmetsburg, IAJune 3, 2013
Pros: job security, benefits
Cons: low pay rates
Quiet, small town atmosphere with very helpful and knowledgeable staff.