IPA Family Employee Reviews

Great company with an impressive inventory
Agent/Broker (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 15, 2015
IPA is a great company that has risen to the challenge of a changing market. Proud to have been a part of them, even though it was short-lived. Timing is so often everything, and I came into the insurance industry just as the Affordable Care Act came into existence. Needless to say, that made for an unprofitable experience for me.
I enjoyed the challenge of getting my brokers license and meeting people to see if I could help them.
Management and fellow agents were great to get to know and work with, home office staff were also great.
The hardest part of the job was dealing with fallout from the new marketplace and the confusion it created.
Most enjoyed the whole idea of helping others find coverage that was within reason.
Pros
Helping others in a tangible way
Cons
Crazy market due to the political situation at the time
Perfect for working your own schedule
Health and Life Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAJanuary 12, 2015
Nice people to work with. Can be costly to receive your insurance license. Fairly new so I am still in the learning process.
Independent Producers of America a.k.a IPA Family LLC
Independent Health and Life Insurance Advisor (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 14, 2014
As an independent insurance advisor you are in business for yourself but not by yourself. This no nonsense marketing firm trains/guides insurance advisors on a variety of insurance products from several appointeed carriers to inlcude pet health insurance. All well known and respected. IPA Family LLC headquarters is located in Tampa Florida.

A typical day at IPA consists of classroom training on insurance products, marketing techniques. Mentorship assistance from some of the more seasoned sales gurus.

What I have learned is that you never stop learning. :) The insurance industry is a entity that is constantly in flux and you have to stay up with the latest trends if you want to make this a successfull career. No introverts allowed. lol! You have to be somewhat outgoing in order to be able to talk to folks out in the community. if you do not show confidence in your product/s then the prospects/clients will not be as receptive to what you have to say even if you have the next best thing next to sliced bread. :)

Hardest part of the job is talking to people out in the community and realize that while you can help some people you cannot help everyone in need. Some folks are jsut getting buy with their bills/putting food on the table. They just do not have the means to secure a policy no matter how badly they may need it. ACA did little in the way to aliviate that but that is my own personal perspective.

Most enjoyable part of the job has to be the diversity I work with everyday at work or abroad. I talk to people from all walks of life, poor, middle calss and even
  more... some weathy. They all have one thing in common. They all are human and have a constant desire to do better and protect what they have built for themsleves/family and business.  less
Pros
Independent, training, sales support
Cons
100% commission, no production no pay. :)
Good work environment, good product training
Healthcare Consultant (Former Employee) –  DenverAugust 21, 2014
Good health insurance products, training was good. Job was straight commission and at that time health insurance was in a state of turmoil across the country.
Good Work Environment
Sales Representative/Advisor (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 2, 2014
Good financially sound company
Successful people
Financial opportunity
Extensive training program
Pros
Great financial opportunity
captive agent
LICENSED INSURANCE AGENT (Former Employee) –  Chandler AzApril 9, 2013
Built own business through networking, marketing and setting up presentations.
Pros
great to meet new people
Cons
commission only