Ipanema Solutions LLC

Ipanema Solutions LLC Employer Reviews

Not a good place to work. These reviews are similar to my experience.
confidential (Former Employee), condfidentialJune 20, 2014
Cons: all
I have never seen such a level of unprofessionalism. All of the negatives mentioned in the reviews are true. I have never been treated so poorly by a boss! He is mentally abusive and working there is demeaning. You will absolutely not believe it until you witness it, and, by then it is too late. He berated my coworkers in front of me, and then berated – more... me in front of them. This is no way to treat employees. This abuse takes place every day. Even when he is traveling! He will arrange a conference call for your department and berate everyone in front of each other. What a great motivator! I left a good job to work for Ipanema and wound up unemployed. On top of that, they lied to the unemployment agency and I had to straighten that out. Also, if you decide to work for him, get everything in writing. He will try to weasel out of your benefits. – less
Nice pay and benefits, horrible management
N/A (Former Employee), N/ANovember 15, 2013
Pros: company paid benefits
Cons: management
Employees are not made aware of all job responsibilities. Management is belittling to the employees and talks about their private lives to other coworkers. If you feel like being micro managed this is the place for you.
Productive and Rewarding Place to Work
Customer Service (Current Employee), Ann ArborFebruary 6, 2013
Pros: travel, new technology, work schedule
Ipanema Solutions is a place where hard work really does pay off. A typical day starts off with a morning planning meeting to review goals for the week. Once the goals established, the employee is responsible for reaching those goals in the set time-frame. It can be intense at times but achievements are recognized and rewarded. Ipanema Solutions has – more... high expectations of employees and there is little room for error. Some days can be stressful due to the amount of work but there is relief in knowing you have dependable co-workers to assist where necessary. Ipanema's core staff is reliable, hardworking, highly organized and detail oriented. These are traits that would make any future employee a valuable asset. – less

February 18, 2013

Not just on this website, but on others as well, it is clearly one person's word against everyone else's. This review is clearly astroturfing by that one individual. Believe the people that have ACTUALLY worked there, not the one individual that is trying to defend the indefensible.

Revolving Door
Job Title Changes Everyday (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, MIApril 5, 2012
Cons: micro-management, verbally abusive management, salary but timesheets are required to get payed??
A typical work day would begin with a morning meeting, where staff members would be singled out and publicly belittled. Once management had it's way with you, they would assign tasks to each staff member and remind them that their nonexistent bonus was on the line. After the meeting, the staff would be released to perform the tasks assigned and one – more... could look forward to being micro managed the rest of the day.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with management who showed very apparent signs of obsessive–compulsive personality disorder. Also I found it difficult when clients would make comments about their dissatisfaction with management. Every employee wants to be proud of what they are doing and who they are working for and this was extremely difficult to deal with. I would never recommend this company to anyone.

I learned it's not worth sacrificing your happiness for a job. – less

January 31, 2013

The core members of our team take pride in the high quality workmanship displayed in our technology solutions. This former staff person was terminated for poor quality of work and excessive tardiness. Our core staff (ranging from tenture with the firm of 4 to 18 years) would never allow an entry level engineer to compromise our solutions; a little OCD, no, we are a lot OCD and that is why we have the impecable reputation with our clients and long term staff that we have.

February 18, 2013

Examples of "long term" tenured employees are the owner, the owner's wife, the capital investor that bank rolls much of the company, and at least one person that is in the United States on a work visa. And, these are just a few of the circumstances of which I am aware, but still a significant number in the context of only 11 employees according to this site.

My Ipanema experience
Network Engineer (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, MiNovember 22, 2011
Pros: travel, solid it experience
Cons: low perdiem rates, disrespectful boss, bad work enviroment, micro-managment
The job itself is awesome, the travel can be fun sometimes alittle too much but overall that is the best part of the job. Before i began here i had never seen a manager make comments to employees like " I will send you back to the trailer park you came from." " Or maybe if you wern't so fat you could do that" I was expected to work long hours, sometimes – more... with just a few hours of sleep ( while traveling) I never really had a problem with that part. I was however disquisted with the way employees were talked to,even tho i was never talked to that way. I watched my fellow employees get harrased day in and day out by the owner. Often times even calling them just to yell for doing something he told them to do. I would rate Ipanema Solutions as a Managed Service provider very high, as mistakes are not acceptable there. I would however not recommend anyone to work for this company. – less
DO NOT work here
Prefer not to say; VERY small company (Former Employee), Ann ArborJune 24, 2011
Pros: you can listen to your ipod
Cons: literally everything else
This company ruined my life for the time I was a part of it. This review could fill pages, negatively, even though that time was relatively short. One particular member of management is the prime problem. This person publicly berates subordinates even going to far as to attack personal habits, body shape, mental fitness, and previous military service. – more... Meanwhile, this person’s own mental health is clearly compromised. The whole experience was sickening and still is to think about.
The skeleton crew of employees is over-worked and taken advantage of to no end. One out of 3 people, rotating weekly or bi-weekly, is always on call 24/7. Employees are sent out of town so often that they may spend more time away than home for weeks at a time with no additional compensation. The “per diem” is $20.00 a day whether you are in New York, Cleveland, or somewhere in Wisconsin. The term “quarterly bonus(es)” is thrown around a lot but from what I could tell from my co-workers none were ever actually given. I can only imagine that the entire operation is a house of cards ready to fall. There are too many cracks in its diminutive foundation. Management is incompetent at best, but more accurately, illegal in its modus operandi.
Please take these words seriously. They are not coming from a “disgruntled employee,” but rather from a professional who was unfortunate enough to stumble into the worst experience of my life. When your time ends there you can also look forward to management lying to unemployment arbiters about your termination. It is that final insult to injury that sets this company apart from any other “bad job” you may have had. STEER CLEAR, please, trust me. – less

January 31, 2013

This level 1 field engineer (low voltage intaller) worked for our firm for just over a year. Unfortunately his wife was admitted to a hospital near the end of his time with us. We continued to pay him for 90 days while she was hospitalized and while he could not perform his duties. As a small firm we felt that was doing him a huge service during his time of need. Like many people though he looked outward for reasons his life was in dire straights instead of inward. We hope that he's been able to address the challenges he faced and take care of his wife and two beautiful daughters.

February 18, 2013

This is an accurate account of my experience as well. While there is certainly a decent amount of knowledge amongst the 4 people that have been there for an extended time. There is a reason why employees tend to leave this company and thrive in their next work enviroment. The people that are hired are good at their jobs. Morale is the problem, when employees don't get properly compensated and they are constantly berated with personal attacks from management they will not stay at a company. With the HR worker being the wife of the man committing said offenses their is no one that is impartial to help resolved issues. I personally worked here and still talk to numerous other former employees who have all gone on to be succesful in other enviroments.

February 22, 2013

This was not written by your "Level 1" engineer. That must have been some other employed that was ALSO unfairly treated, fired, and then had their unemployment arbiter lied to.

April 1, 2013

I am sure you know who did, but it wasnt me.

About Ipanema Solutions LLC

Ipanema Solutions LLC is a technology services provider specialized in implementing voice over Internet protocol phone systems. – Read more