IPG Mediabrands Employee Reviews in United States

Stay away
Media Planner (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 10, 2016
The recruitment and HR team is horrible! Be prepared to stay in the position for years because HR will never help you switch roles even though they advertise hiring from with in. They are highly unresponsive and unproductive. The salary is extremely low.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Human resource and recruitment
Awesomeness. Truly Awesome.
Level 3 Technical Support (Current Employee) –  NYC, NYNovember 29, 2015
Amazing place to be. Trust me, if you get hired there, you won't regret it. It's like working at google.

During your interview, you'll see
Team was fun to work with
Senior Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 6, 2015
My fellow tem members were all skilled in their area of expertise.
It was a great learning environment with the different projects that came up.
It was easy to wake up daily to go in to work becaue I loved my job.
Pros
free food and decent work hours
Cons
non cummunimiddle management did not comunicate enough about tasks at hand
Good Place to Work
NATIONAL MEDIA BUYER (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 5, 2013
If you are into the TV industry, IPG Mediabrands is a great place to be. You enjoy your share of awesome parties and fun and young people to work with. It is not a fast pace environment, but occasionally there are spikes in workload.

Management is ok, you obviously have to befriend and get noticed by the right people to move up.

Co-workers are great except for the few that can be quite rude. But over-all, young and fun working environment.

The hardest part about the job would be reporting to the client and summarizing all activity. This happens quarterly and annually.
Pros
free lunches at really nice restaurants, great great vacation time (pto and holidays it comes out around 40 days off throughout the year), relaxing environment, good boost in salary between promotions
Cons
get stuck in the industry
Invaluable Learning Experience
Director of Operations (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 30, 2013
I report to an extremely smart, extremely connected SVP. She's great at her job and demands the best from me and our team. Every day I learn something new about how to handle a political situation, how to think more operationally, or how to conduct business on a global scale.
Productive and work fun place with ping pong table
Head of Analytics Latin America (Former Employee) –  Bogota. ColFebruary 20, 2013
The company really encourages people to work in a fast paced environment where you will face many challenges by delivering advertising proposals to customers.

The environment is fun, but sometimes it gets to dawn to dawn working.

Thanks to the company, I could further my educational career and they were very flexible with my schedule. I made two leaves of absence for my studies abroad.

Thanks in general to IPG for letting me understand the advertising world and have interacted with top class marketing companies.