IPI Travel Employee Reviews

High Turnover
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Noblesville, INDecember 6, 2016
Don't work here if you want a recruiter position. The turnover is high. If you are an RN you are ok. But if you are a recruiter, they micro manage, make threats. Recently the owner scolded all the new hires, for talking to each other. The pay is very low and it takes years to make any money. Base pay is poverty level 35,000 yr. I made that my first year out of college. So ok for new college grad.

Benefits are expensive and not great. They want you to work at home when your not in the office. People are afraid of the owner, because she makes threats.

The manager of the inside sales force is an HR nightmare, I don't know how she has lasted this long. She talks horrible about the nurses she recruits, how they are crazy. Best of luck to anyone wanting to work for this company.
Pros
NO pro's
Cons
Look at review above
Amazing Travel Company
Travel Nurse RN (Current Employee) –  United StatesAugust 9, 2016
I have been traveling as a nurse with IPI for over 5 years now. I love my job as a traveling nurse and my recruiter. I've lived in over 15 states and I've used all the money I've made to travel the world. I normally work about 8 months of the year but make way more than all my staff nurses at perm jobs. I've traveled to Africa, Australia, Italy, Germany, and France. The staff is always super friendly and always willing to help out. My recruiter makes sure I'm taken care of and making good money so I can travel to all the places I want to go.
Pros
Great pay, benefits, helpful staff
Look no further
Admin Staff (Current Employee) –  Noblesville, InAugust 9, 2016
IPI has shown me that employees are not just a number. When you hire on to IPI, you join a family that is driven by great leadership. Ideas are considered and everyone's perspective is appreciated. IPI respects and values what each member brings to the company. The flexibility to attend to family matters if necessary and the encouragement to come up with my ideas is not only accepted but promoted. The core values and belief system that IPI Travel reflects are essential in making our office an incredible place to work.
Love my job
Office Staff (Current Employee) –  Noblesville, INAugust 5, 2016
I've been with IPI for almost 3 years and I love my job! I've always been intrigued by healthcare but knew that nursing was not for me. I finally landed my dream job with IPI working on the administrative side of healthcare. Now I just help staff nurses to care for people all over the United States. It's crazy how much I've learned and I'm still learning something new everyday. At my previous jobs, I would wake up and dread going into work but not with IPI. I get up and look forward to work because my co-workers are like family to me and they're always upbeat/fun to be around. I look forward to working for IPI for many years to come. If you're considering becoming an employee at IPI, you will not be disappointed if you do.
Pros
Team building events, fun atmosphere, friendly people
Great place to work and move your way up; offers wonderful and new experiences
Admin (Current Employee) –  Noblesville, INJuly 23, 2016
I have enjoyed my time at IPI Travel! The company is growing everyday so there is always room for new jobs and also career advancement. I have gained many new skills at IPI as I learn something new everyday. It's challenging yet satisfying. Here they rely on teamwork and we are always giving everyone else helping hand, no matter what position the person is in. I have met so many great people who work here and have learned not only work skills, but also life skills.
Pros
Flexible schedule, monthly team building, good environment
Wonderful Place to Work
Admin Staff (Current Employee) –  Noblesville, INJuly 21, 2016
I enjoy coming to work everyday at IPI Travel. I love my coworkers and my position here. I am very blessed to be able to have the ability to flex my schedule when needed and work at home when needed. I am an example of promoting from within; and I keep being trained to move up even higher. Do your job well and you will be rewarded. I feel valued here. Family ran business with a family like atmosphere.
Pros
Great coworkers and work environment, flextime, internal promotions
High Turn Over Rate
internal Staff (Former Employee) –  Noblesville, INJuly 12, 2016
Very small family owned business. High turn over rate. Internal staff normally last up to six weeks before being let go. If you have job security where you currently are rough it out and keep looking. You will be unemployed in less than a month if hired.
Pros
Cons
Little training, thinking outside the box and creativity is not promoted, and disorganized.
Great place, great people!
Travel RN (Current Employee) –  United StatesAugust 16, 2016
I left IPI for 1 assignment and regretted it shortly after starting my assignment. I only went with the other company because my friend told me to try them out and I had only done 1 assignment with IPI so I thought "why not?" I quickly realized I made a bad decision because my recruiter didn't even call me to make sure I made it there or to see how my orientation went. It was like I got the assignment and my recruiter just disappeared, I felt like I was on my own. Now I have a great relationship with my recruiter at IPI and she is always there when I need her. If I've had a bad day, I can call her and she will listen. I love that I've found more than just a recruiter, I've found a lifelong friend. I only had one issue regarding my insurance but they quickly fixed it and it wasn't even their fault. It was something I could have fixed on my own but they were willing to jump in and help me. I would HIGHLY recommend IPI as your travel nurse company!
Pros
great pay, friendly, helpful, reliable
Cons
can't think of one
Love this company
Travel RN (Current Employee) –  United StatesJune 15, 2016
This is an amazing place to work for, they really care! I love that I'm not just "another number" to them like I was with my last company! My recruiter is great with communication and she always keeps me in the loop. If you're looking for people that really care, IPI is the way to go.
Pros
great pay, assignments everywhere, friendly, helpful
Cons
Nothing!
Terrible Travel Company
Nurse (Former Employee) –  United StatesDecember 30, 2015
Typical Mom and pops shop. Do not sign up with these people. They messed up my first two contracts and my payroll. Communication is horrible. They are basically used car salesman. They will say whatever to get you to sign and then you are stuck for 13 weeks. Go with a bigger company!!!
Pros
nothing
Cons
messed up paychecks, Lied about pay and bonus
Challenging and Fun!
Director of Marketing (Current Employee) –  Noblesville, INOctober 24, 2012
I love working with the team at IPI Travel. Everyone who works here has made me feel like I've been a part of the team since the day IPI Travel opened its doors. I'm definitely looking forward to what the future holds for me with this company. As the Director of Marketing I begin each day by checking in on the company's various social media marketing efforts and analyzing what works and what doesn't. After that, I go through my to-do list and start accomplishing my goals, crossing them off and adding more. There is always something exciting going on at IPI Travel!
Pros
flexible schedule, awesome co-workers
Cons
long commute, but worth every mile!
No matter how far I am from home, I have a great team of people on my side!
Travel Nurse (Current Employee) –  VariesOctober 29, 2012
I am living my dream as a travel nurse. I have had some amazing experiences and greatly appreciate all the work IPI has done to make all my adventures possible. I've told them what my goals are for my career and they've helped me make that happen. I'm not a number and everyone I've worked with at IPI has been both compassionate and professional. It can be intimidating to travel thousands of miles from home and work in a place where I don't know anyone. But knowing my recruiter and all of the IPI staff are a phone call away has made this amazing career opportunity possible.
Pros
caring and professional support, wonderful travel experiences, diverse career experience
Cons
being away from home for assignments can be difficult
Productive and good corporation to work for
Travel Rn (Current Employee) –  Covington , gaJuly 19, 2013
I have work 2 assignments with ipi travel and they have been excellent with communication between getting assignments and what I need to have completed. they have done a great job getting me these 2 assignments in ga and look forward to work with them in the future.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IPI Travel. Our community is ready to answer.

IPI Travel Reviews by Location