IPic Entertainment Employee Reviews

I could not wait to quit
supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Lee, NJDecember 12, 2017
Managers are disrespectful and rude. The pay is horrible. I actual made less money after being promoted. I was harrassed several times and the managers did nothing for several weeks, if they did anything at all. You do not get any breaks. They can change your schedule anytime even minutes before your shift starts without notifying you .
Pros
free movies
Cons
everything else
Horrible Place to work
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 10, 2017
If you miss high school than apply for this company. There are employees dating staff higher up in the company. The company has no rhyme or reason who they move up. There are several young women that they moved up with absolutely no experience that you eventually will unfortunately have to run into and they are obnoxiously arrogant. If your not giving your entire life to this company then you will quickly be removed. I had to leave because the culture of this company is toxic. They treat the hourly employees terribly and if you don't you'll stick out like a sore thumb. The human resources department is a joke, anything you report to them will immediately go back to management before your done finishing the email.

Overall a terrible company to work for.
Pros
Cons
too many to list
Dont hold your breath...
Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDNovember 4, 2017
TERRIBLE Management that always changes every few months. Went through at least 3 GM and Exec Chefs each and I only worked there 2 years.

Everyone is in everyone elses business..too much gossip.

They don't seek to promote and show favoritism, especially male managers to whomever they think is the " hot dish!"
Pros
Discount food and free movies
Cons
No breaks, unfair practices, no overtime or holiday pay
Fun place, great staff
Guest Services (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZNovember 2, 2017
I will always love my job here. I am a hard worker myself, so getting to where I am took myself some time. Managment is amazing in my opinion. Things could be fixed, but nothing big for me. I love this job.
A horrible place to work
Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 17, 2017
They hire everyone part time so your not guaranteed a 40 hr week I was salary and they abused my schedule. The COO thinks she’s this international star and she doesn’t come close. I wouldn’t recommend this company to anyone and I feel bad for all the people who got hired that left other jobs and gave it they’re all to make a good life for themselves and they’re families. Horrible people to work for.
Pros
Not many. Free movies on your off time
Cons
Management blows
quick pace and loving environment
Concessions and a Food runner (Current Employee) –  Fort Lee, NJOctober 4, 2017
I love this and the people I work with. I love quick pace environments and this fit the spot. a typical day work is calm and relaxing but always be on your toes because you never know when its going to get busy. always having something to do . Helping guest find their theatres or their servers. its a full on great experience.
Pros
everything
No Comment
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLOctober 3, 2017
Work is as normal every day. Some of the co-workers are great resources some others are not helpful at all. With better management would be the best place on earth to work.
Line Chef (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLSeptember 22, 2017
Very nice environment to work and to go relax great people team work is a must the food are well prepared fresh every day go once I promise you will come back
Productive and awesome staff, lively enviroment
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Dobbs Ferry, NYAugust 28, 2017
Excellent place to work. A place where the company takes care of its employees. From flexible hours to 401k, IPIC is a growing dynasty that I honored to be apart of. The world has never experienced anything like it. And i am happy to be able to create memories for someone that will last forever.
HR is the enemy as is Corporate
Theater General Manager (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILAugust 22, 2017
STAY AWAY....they just went public (we all knew that at the ops level but nobody in corporate wanted speculation)...No appreciation from above (this would be the COO and VP of HR). You are simply a warm body "running labor" and being a "labor saver". Company's focus is only on admits and labor and not on the people who work for them or the people who pay the outrageously absurd ticket prices ($25 for a movie ticket!).
Pros
Cons
I need more paper
It sucks.
Guest Services (Current Employee) –  Fort Lee, NJAugust 2, 2017
The company really doesn't care for its employees, there are no benefits, no breaks during the day. Management is very unprofessional and rude to their employees and will still over work them.
Cons
No breaks, No free lunches, Will write you up if you miss work even if you provide documents
Former supervisor (md location)
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDJuly 30, 2017
Great place to work as hourly employees, however the management team don't communicate and corporate make it so the team members run management team. Service and food quality is very poor due to a poorly trained staff. training is provided but it's certainly not there.
Pros
Discounted food free admit +1
Cons
Training
Fort Lee Location is a really bad place to work!!!!
Management (Former Employee) –  Fort Lee, NJJuly 18, 2017
This location's management falls short in every aspect. The Company's values are not followed here. Instead, they fail to acknowledge good work and expect the impossible from their employees. How can you expect to retain good employees are not treated well? Well, they can't because of the management team.
Pros
Proximity of location. Excellent co-workers
Cons
Bad Management
fun & productive
Host (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAMay 21, 2017
I loved working here, defiantly got me out of my shell & loved my coworkers. Management treated us very well & professional. My favorite thing about working here was being able to talk to so many diverse groups of customers.
Pros
free movies
Cons
sometimes could get boring
Awesome place to work
Guest Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  River Oaks, TXMay 6, 2017
I like working at ipic because of the people I meet on a daily basis. The company is located in river oaks which is a nice part of town so I'll usually meet pretty interesting people there
Management here is AWFUL
Server (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMay 5, 2017
This company is terrible to work for. I opened the Boca Raton store and never in my life have I seen so much unprofessionalism. The managers are like high school guys in a locker room, spreading rumors. Each managers who is bigger than the next. One of the managers had upset me so I clocked out and never looked back. I told him I quit and to transfer my tables and I left. Months later I found out he told everyone he fired me. See what I mean about egos??!!
Pros
The other service staff was nice
Cons
Management is straight garbage
Cool place but ..
Guest Services (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 4, 2017
cool environment with certain mangers around. definitely cut hours a lot and hire new people when they can't afford the workers they have.. definitely pick favorites but i guess its cool if you need a part time job and just need something for the moment.
Pros
free movies
Cons
no breaks
Fun workplace but poor management
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Glendale, WIApril 19, 2017
I only worked here for a short amount of time, but that was because the Managers never really communicated well with their employees. Some were bias about their employees and had favorites, which seemed unfair and unequal to the rest of us.
Pros
Fun coworkers
Cons
Long Double shifts
great brand
Event Sales Manager/Catering Operation Manager (Current Employee) –  Glendale, WIApril 10, 2017
hard to get employees and always understaffed. Clientele can be hard to deal with at times. Made from scratch concept along with country club customer service is great brand standards.
Pros
free movies, bowling, discounted food
fun but stressful
Guest Services (Current Employee) –  bayshoreFebruary 26, 2017
It is a fun place to work at but the managers make it very stressful. they are unorganized, do not communicate with you, or try to work with your schedule at all.
Cons
no breaks at all

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IPic Entertainment. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6