IPS Employee Reviews in United States

Indianapolis Public Schools
Special Education Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 17, 2016
A typical day at work was very busy, meeting with co-workers to plan and review the plans for the day. Managing my own schedule taught me a lot on how to stay busy and organized at the same time. The hardest part of this job was leaving my students, I truly enjoyed every bit of my days working with children that needed me.
This company began my learning experience in digital electronics. I never had a day that I didn't learn something in digital control circuits.
Sr. Test Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 14, 2016
My job started in the production department building printed circuit boards and controllers that control and transfer data within a variety of computer peripherals. I very quickly moved into test and repair of the different company products. becoming the main technician in the company.
Good Company with Solid Reputation
Validation Engineer (Current Employee) –  Blue Bell, PAFebruary 10, 2016
Great company to work for. Good client/customer relations. Could do better in regards to employee development. The company does have a lot of clients in the pharma industry and is rapidly growing with multiple offices in the US and worldwide.
Typical work day
Landscaping (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, OHMarch 3, 2016
A normal day at work I would enter with a positive attitude, and knew exactly what had to be done. I learned a lot and gained a tremendous amount of responsible acts. I enjoyed feeling the success of working for my own money and taken action towards my life.
Not a long term option
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Oradell, NJDecember 1, 2015
Decent place to work for a short time. Do not make a career out of this security company. Bosses are shady and they hate to allow over time even if they need you they will rather try and find someone under 40 hours
Was exciting place to work with constant learning about different companies. Direct boss was great to work for.
Sales Engineer (Former Employee) –  Indiana, PAAugust 11, 2015
My job was Business Development/Account Management. Outside of some meetings, few phone calls, and emails, boss let me do my job. While working out of my home, I travelled through out Western PA East OH to develop new customers and satisfy clients, while achieving company quotas.
Pros
Worked out of home.
Cons
Following jobs in different shops were difficult with some managers.
Corporate Security
SECURITY GUARD (Former Employee) –  Teaneck NJAugust 28, 2015
• Security Guard responsible for ensuring building and clientele safety. Responsibilities also include greeting and directing visitors, as well as implementing safety measures on a day-to-day basis.
• Maintained order in an effort to prevent damage or destruction to property, violence, and theft to assigned businesses and persons
insurance sales
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 17, 2015
Great place to work and also has great manager. Located downtown so also good area to work in. Company has lots of perks which was great as well.
Architect
Project Architect (Current Employee) –  Blue Bell, PAJune 4, 2015
If you are an Architect in a company like IPS please be willing to forgo
1. Any opportunities to design. They care two hoots for it.
2. Unless you are a Process Architect you better know Revit well. All you are going to do is draft.
3. If you are not in the habit of joining Cliques you will find the going tough. The path to gang membership is long and arduous and please be willing to suffer many slights (bullied) to get there.
If you have any self respect or you value your sleep please don't join this company.
On the other hand if you only care for a higher salary this is the place to be. I hated every second form the moment I joined the place.
good people and stable
RELIABILITY SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Litchfield, MNAugust 22, 2015
Good place to work in a rural area. Great hours, What you can learn to do is based on how ambitious you are. Safety is #1 priority before anything else.
Pros
Very flexible with employees
Cons
compensation and healthcare
Excellent company to work for
Senior Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Somerset, NJJune 24, 2015
I enjoyed very much working at IPS because of the nature of the job assignments and my passion of Process Engineering.
All colleagues were very professional and everyone took pride in the work they performed.
Pros
Level of professinalism is outstanding
Cons
Job security
Interesting place to work
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAMay 28, 2015
Good Co. to work for if you need quick finances. The Security jobs I worked, were fun, I gained a lot experience and knowledge. Unfortunately because this security agency mainly deals with special events, Jobs are very few.
Pros
Arrive on time do your job you get no trouble.
Cons
Horrible on breaks we never had enough breakers
Great people to work with and high compensation for performers.
Houston Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 22, 2015
Business was highly competitive and IPS had many service problems. Good upper management within Superior Energy Services and great compensation. King Ranch was nice to entertain and reward valuable customers. Worked with some excellent people on the front lines and for the most part had a good reputation within the industry.
Pros
nice people to work with everyday and great compensation.
Cons
did not track service quality and plan for improvement, poorly managed sales and operations at the top.
family
Industrial Piping Specialist (Former Employee) –  tulsa okMarch 19, 2015
this was a great place to work the pay was good and we were all like one big family everybody know what they were doing and strived to make the most from each day
Pros
all the over time you could want and when you did overtime they would buy you lunch
Cons
the biggest thing i dident like was there was no breaks only lunch break
easy and enjoyable with the machines
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNFebruary 12, 2015
the employees I worked with are social able and relaxing to work with. while at ips I picked up a new experiences such as working with machines and other people. The hardest part of the job was having to make a standard before we clock out. I really enjoyed break time because people are always sharing and caring for others
Pros
diffrent cultures share food
Cons
not enough hours per week
Busy workplace
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Juan, P.R.December 28, 2014
A typical day at work was going to each store to verify everything was in order, to supply merchandise, deposit the money at the bank, payroll, recruit, etc.We were a team. Everybody doing their jobs but always available to help. The hardest part of the job was to accomplish every store goal. The most enjoyable part was the commissions,compensations and benefits of the job.
Pros
car allowance, company phone.
Cons
short breaks no healthcare.
Factory Maintance
Millwright (Former Employee) –  Lexington, TNMarch 15, 2015
fast paced long hours, moving equipment, installing air lines, inventory, loading/unloading trucks, forklift driver, installing conveyor belts, and racks
Pros
good pay, alot of overtime
Cons
travel 3 weeks a month, no benefits, no life/work balance
Depressing environment and no support by upper level admin.
Food Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  IndianapolisDecember 19, 2014
After 13 years of hard work dealing with thousands of people each week, I feel that this company should recognize hard, loyalty and results, Sadly, this is not the case and you will not have the support needed to function.
Pros
ability to work with children
Cons
bureaucratic processes have failed
productive
Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Dickinson, NDMarch 26, 2015
Great place to work fun exciting always busy. enjoy the people i work with its team a team work job. production never slows down it always money to be made working for this company
Pros
stay working an making money
Cons
cold
Good Company,
Technical Trainer (Former Employee) –  Yukon OKMay 7, 2015
I received a lot of skills from this company
Co-workers are great.
Hardest part of the job is being away from home