IPS

IPS Employer Reviews

Loved the job
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INMarch 21, 2015
Pros: working with people and all of us got a long
Cons: my job was cut
IPS, is a wonderful place to work, it has a lot to offer and I love working with the kids, and other people who came into the building. I would with people from IMPD, to parents and everyone in between. I love, meeting people working with them, and helping them to find solutions to their problems. A normal day of work would be all normal office duties, along with phones, working with parents and other staff member, On, one job at IPS I handled their accounting, where totaled over 100,000 in funds. There was several positions I handled at IPS, I was an office mgr where had the school I was in plus six other school I was responsible for, as far as payroll, ordering, inventory, helping to hire etc.. I really never found a harx d part of the job I loved it all I thrive under pressure, and I do great at it. I can assure you I WILL be successful at this job or any other you have, I learn fast and two of the best things about me is 1st I can start today, 2nd I am a fresh slate so there are no habits to bring alone with me. I will work very had and stay as late as you want me to.
I loved the whole job, I love working with people and I love being active. I can travel if needed and I hope that you will hire me because I am great
family
Industrial Piping Specialist (Former Employee), tulsa okMarch 19, 2015
Pros: all the over time you could want and when you did overtime they would buy you lunch
Cons: the biggest thing i dident like was there was no breaks only lunch break
this was a great place to work the pay was good and we were all like one big family everybody know what they were doing and strived to make the most from each day
Factory Maintance
Millwright (Former Employee), Lexington, TNMarch 15, 2015
Pros: good pay, alot of overtime
Cons: travel 3 weeks a month, no benefits, no life/work balance
fast paced long hours, moving equipment, installing air lines, inventory, loading/unloading trucks, forklift driver, installing conveyor belts, and racks
Great people to work with and high compensation for performers.
Houston Sales Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: nice people to work with everyday and great compensation.
Cons: did not track service quality and plan for improvement, poorly managed sales and operations at the top.
Business was highly competitive and IPS had many service problems. Good upper management within Superior Energy Services and great compensation. King Ranch was nice to entertain and reward valuable customers. Worked with some excellent people on the front lines and for the most part had a good reputation within the industry.
easy and enjoyable with the machines
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: diffrent cultures share food
Cons: not enough hours per week
the employees I worked with are social able and relaxing to work with. while at ips I picked up a new experiences such as working with machines and other people. The hardest part of the job was having to make a standard before we clock out. I really enjoyed break time because people are always sharing and caring for others
Busy workplace
Supervisor (Former Employee), San Juan, P.R.December 28, 2014
Pros: car allowance, company phone.
Cons: short breaks no healthcare.
A typical day at work was going to each store to verify everything was in order, to supply merchandise, deposit the money at the bank, payroll, recruit, etc.We were a team. Everybody doing their jobs but always available to help. The hardest part of the job was to accomplish every store goal. The most enjoyable part was the commissions,compensations and benefits of the job.
Depressing environment and no support by upper level admin.
Food Service Supervisor (Former Employee), IndianapolisDecember 19, 2014
Pros: ability to work with children
Cons: bureaucratic processes have failed
After 13 years of hard work dealing with thousands of people each week, I feel that this company should recognize hard, loyalty and results, Sadly, this is not the case and you will not have the support needed to function.
rebuild pumps
Shop Forman (Former Employee), KSDecember 9, 2014
Pros: get a pay check
Cons: dirty job
clean tare down all kinds of pumps, valves, heat exchangers, motors, maintain all kinds of pumps valves, heat exchangers, motors, install the same, stock store room with inventory, stock all supplies needed
fun place to work, company went out of business
Manual Machinist (Current Employee), La Porte, TXSeptember 17, 2014
good place to work, had health insurance, good overtime. co workers are good company to work with.
Providing the best care in the North State to individuals with developmental disabilities!!!
Administrator (Current Employee), Redding, CAAugust 19, 2014
Pros: 8 straight hour shifts
Cons: no benefits, i.e. 401k, medical, vision, paid vacation, on-call 24/7
I manage a residential home for adults with developmental disabilities with a special interest in dual diagnoses and highly behavioral individuals. I manage all staffing schedules involved with the facility as well as provide training to all staff members to promote a smooth operating facility that remains in compliance with Ca. W & I Code Title 17 & Title 22 of the Lanterman Act of 1970. A typical day consists of balancing Administration duties as well as direct care supervision of the individuals served. Not only were direct care supervision duties implemented but staff training was implemented as well. The hardest part of the job was matching the work schedule with all the staff's personal schedules, i.e. schooling, personal, and/or other professional requests. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the individuals grow by using the trainings implemented and gaining their own independence as well as working towards more normalization.
My favorite job
Operator since January 2011 for IPS wireline (Former Employee), North TexasJuly 27, 2014
Pros: bonus pay
Cons: ruin clothes alot
I loved running the crane and man lift plus i wired up all explosives
Only one problem
Driver (Former Employee), Grand Prairie,TxJune 18, 2014
Pros: nice people freindly enviroment.
Cons: not enough money.
Staff and management are friendly and willing to go the extra mile for there employes.The only reason I left was the lack of pay on contracts.The rates on the work they had was to low and they couldn't get any other contracts.
Productive and Educational Atmosphere
Special Education Assistant (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INMay 21, 2014
Pros: recreational/charity
Cons: pay wage
I walk into work and follow my set schedule of classes that are in need of assistance specifically the special needs students, but also ordinary students as well. Throughout this semester I've learned patience and motivation in the process of helping High School students especially when preparing for test. The level of maturity begins to self motivate the kids to study which makes my job easier and worth it. A student who wants to learn will learn even through life hardships. The hardest part about my job would be students who don't have the mindset or motivation to learn, but rather waste time and don't look at they're future well being.
great pay but no job security
CREW CHIEF (Current Employee), OhioMay 8, 2014
Typical pipeline work with long hours and 6 days a week. In charge of crews of 2 or more people and also responsible for turning in data via email daily, planning the days or weeks work, and also planning the safest way to get the job done with the hazards that we will encounter on the job site everyday
good experience
Security Guard (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 1, 2014
productive employment. great environment. nice co workers
Urology Revenue Cycle
Billing & Coding/ Insurance (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 12, 2014
Entered charges, followed up on claims, denials, pre-certifications.
Challenging and Rewarding Work Experience
Title I Nonpublic School Teacher (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: good benefits, peer collaboration, no weekend or holiday hours, awesome opportunities to interact with the community
Cons: growth and security are uncertain
A typical day is fast-paced and student-centered. Meetings, breaks, and peer conversations are all used to plan for student achievement, and every moment is used to its maximum potential. I learned to be even more organized, flexible, and efficient. I have also learned to engage parents in their child's education with a charisma I did not possess as a first year teacher.

Working in IPS has its challenges. It is sometimes hard to balance the challenges of single parenthood while working the extra hours needed to provide my family with financial security and improve student success. However, finding out what makes a student click and watching the light bulb of understanding go off is an amazingly rewarding feeling.

Management is under construction right now, so it is an uncertain time right now.
Productive Workplace
Special Education Assistant (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: short day
Cons: good surroundings vary
I've learned patience, understanding of children, and the behavior issues of today.
great management always made me smile every morning and happy to have me working there
plastic grinder (Former Employee), El Dorado, KSJanuary 6, 2014
constantly moving and working, but very unorganized, almost got feet ran over by crazy forklift drivers, but still kept a positive attitude
it was hard
Installer Helper (Former Employee), Houston, TXDecember 9, 2013
Pros: free gatorade
Cons: short breaks
i did not like it,i really cant explain it.Its one of those things were you have try it

About IPS

Alfred Padway was a CPCU with an independent insurance agency in Wisconsin when he moved to California. After a brief experience – Read more

IPS Salaries