Ipsos Employee Reviews

Upper Management Disarray
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 9, 2017
No work life balance with no clear direction from upper management.
New hires were not prepared for the work required of them to perform their duties. Workload was pushed off to senior people which were already overloaded resulting in poor production.
A once respected company, now in the final death throes
Senior Leader (Current Employee) –  USAJuly 20, 2016
Through a combination of hubris, lack of vision, and total ineptitude, this once respected company is now the laughing stock of the industry.

The culture is absolutely toxic and employee morale is at an all-time low. Virtually all of the good talent have jumped ship, or are in the process of doing so. Incompetents stay on, thanks to their connections, while great talents are let go. Look at the number of open head counts--there's a reason the company can't fill these roles!

Clients are aware of this as well, which makes it even harder for Ipsos. The revolving door of management has created utter confusion among top clients. From "Game Changers," to "Connect," to "Madtech," to "BrandX," nobody is quite sure who is doing what. The only certainty is that the buffoons at the helm seem to think that success will be secured by bringing on more overpriced and incompetent cronies and goons.

Think long and hard before accepting an offer here--it's a miserable, miserable place.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Highly politicized, toxic work environment. Inept management.
Mediocre experience
Paralegal (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 20, 2016
Legal department was in flexible. Very militant structure. No flexibility with hours. Long hours and hardly and guidance from supervisors. Little to no communication amongst the unit.
Pros
Cant think of any pros
Cons
Long hours, bad management
A place where dreams go to die
Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJune 25, 2016
Hours are not guaranteed, supervisors play favorites, no benefits offered, no overtime allowed, projects are terrible, you are not told of holidays off until 3 days prior, no guaranteed raises, not enough breaks given.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Good culture and skilled people but pay does not match performance
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Stockholm, MEJuly 27, 2016
Great first company to work for as you learn very much. Senior people generally very helpful and want to teach you. Endless possibilites if you put in time and effort into the work.
Pros
Overall benefit, career opportunities
Cons
To much focus on reporting progess, highly admiinstrative even for senior people
Great for a starting job or someone returning to the work force
Senior A/ P Assistant/Benefits Administrator (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CTAugust 30, 2016
There are a lot of talented people working at the company. Many are stuck in their position because the opportunity to grow is a struggle. The company is very catty and title driven. Many of the departments are like high school. The separation between friendships and best business practices are not clearly defined.

Man of the people are friendly however there those that impossible to work with because of their attitudes.
Cons
pay scale is low and sometimes the hard work you put in is not appreciated
Chaotic environment
Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 14, 2016
There are a lot of initiatives but sometimes it is hard to get things done. If you get connected to the correct people, there is a lot to learn. It's a large global company with many different opportunities. Work-life balance is definitely a challenge even with work-at-home opportunities.
Pros
work-at-home
Cons
good benefits
Just a job, you are just a number
Quality Assurance Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAMay 26, 2016
No Happy medium. Extremely slow and no work at times. When busy they beg for hours. Supervisors are demoted to lower positions when slow and have limited hours as well. You are viewed as a number not an employee. No recognition or rewards, it all about how much they can make. I enjoy my job when I get to do it.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Lack of work at times, too busy at other to the point of total exhaustion, no employee recognition, Just a number, how much can you make us, No room to advance, Those in supervisor roles do less work than those in lower positions.
Might want to do further research before joining IPSOS...
Senior Research Manager (Former Employee) –  Culver City,CADecember 4, 2012
By far the worst work environment experienced in my professional career. Management fosters an unhealthy competitive environment making for a weak team.
As the Toronto colleague mentions, if you are not "chosen" by management, you are ostracized and become a paper pusher.
Glad I made it out of there, but not without taking a major hit to my self worth and professional growth.
Pros
office manager and team keep a great attitude, snacks, pool table.
Cons
management
Ipsos (note the "SOS")
Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 1, 2014
I've never in my life encountered a group of individuals with as little responsibility and drive for results in my professional life than I have during my time at Ipsos. A typical day could be comprised of receiving passive-aggressive emails, sticky notes, etc from your colleagues or simply just staring out the windows hoping for the second coming of Christ to come and smite you. While the people on a personal level are kind, collectively there is no group-mentality, no feeling that you're on the same team, working toward the same goals. That probably has a lot to do with the lack of direction from upper management. There are virtually no processes clearly outlined and there seems to be no desire from leadership to make that a reality. The employee turn-over rates are astronomical and it's obvious as to why if you spend more than a week with this company. Do yourself a favor and find a company willing to invest as much in you, as you are investing in it.
Pros
Free bagels on friday
Cons
too many to list.
Nice Starter Company for recent grads
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 21, 2014
Compensation is below the industry norm but it makes up for it in work culture. Often referred to as a "boomerang" company because lots of people leave only to come back.
Best job for someone right out of college
Contract Consultant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 18, 2014
Ipsos is a great company to work for directly out of college. They ask you to put on many hats and they give you an opportunity to feel around for what you really want to do in your career.
Pros
hard to keep your work life and real life separate. They start to merge
Cons
None.
Working for this company was Great
Mail Distribution Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 6, 2015
Ny everyday at work was great, I had a position where I met different
people different cultures, busy morning time went by very fast, because I always had something to do. Supervised employees in the daily basics. I also ran ink jet machine MCU, pitney bows stamp machine, mail crafter inserter. sometimes I will be closing the receptionist area.
Pros
a lot of different events.
Fulfilling.
Database Processor / Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 26, 2015
I was trusted to do a lot of important things for the company, though the compensation should have been higher for the responsibilities I had.
Not very many redeemable qualities
Senior Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 19, 2014
- Lack of career path
- Poor work/life balance
- Some good people working there, mostly on the lower end of the totem pole, though
Very enjoyable work place
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VANovember 11, 2013
reviewing paper script to match with job specification and then match with on line script monitor interviewers and motoring supervisors for constancy with job specs. I went from a telephone interviewer to a shift supervisor. My co-workers were like family. Management was great they were always there to help when you needed it. The hardest part was when they closed the center and moved it to Canada. The best part was working with a group of people that were like family.
Professional working environment
Interviewer (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CASeptember 18, 2014
A typical day of work consists of doing survey with respondents over the phone and making sure I build a good rapport with them. I have to build the respondent's trust and make sure they are comfortable answering the questions.

At Ipsos, I've learned a lot about the multiple clients and the type of work that they do. It helps to be the man behind the scenes to know what it is that certain companies are doing to help their clients as well.

Management is constantly on the move making sure that everyone has numbers to dial and to help with any issues that have occurred throughout the shift.

Coworkers at this facility is very friendly and provide a multiple of personalities. Everyone is always aware of each other's personal space and are mindful of what we do.

The hardest part about working at Ipsos, is still maintaining good customer service to hard to handle respondents. Although it is definitely a challenge, I am more than able to rise to the challenge and maintain my composure.

Most enjoyable part of the day is getting a compliment from a Supervisor or Manager for the hard work that I've done. It's a great knowing that someone else see's my hard work.
Pros
Free to choose our own seats
Cons
Limited number of bathroom breaks
A very laid back enviornment
CLERK (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 27, 2015
One of the best places iv'e worked just no hours really available.I like the fact that they give you plenty of independence and we can also listen to headphones while we work. overall, working here is great!
Pros
free breakfast on fridays and every month there is some type of party
Cons
no guaranteed 8 hours a day
Good Company
Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 18, 2015
Ipsos is a good company to work for. The benefits are great, 3 weeks vacation for all full time employees. 50% 401k match for the first 3%.
I would rate ZERO stars if possible
Election agent (Former Employee) –  Pineville, KYOctober 28, 2014
This company was very unorganized from the start. I was supposed to work on election night as an election agent. I completed all training and the only thing left was the rehearsal, which was basically submit data into an app. My 2 year old daughter got very ill and I could not submit the data at the exact time of rehearsal. I was emailed by a number of people saying I could submit anytime. No big deal. I submitted all the data and contacted my regional coordinator who informed me that I was being replaced because I didn't attend the rehearsal after others told me it was fine.

A day later another person from the "company" called and said the regional coordinator had no authority to hire or fire anyone and for me not to worry. I was contacted later by another person who said as long as I completed everything I was fine. The next morning I received an email from same person saying I was replaced. I have no idea why because I completed all training and was told I was fine.
Pros
Cons
Unorganized, No one is on the same page, receive multiple emails a day from different people with contradicting info

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ipsos. Our community is ready to answer.