Ipsos

Ipsos Employer Reviews

Don't waste your time
Interviewer/Quality Assurance Lead (Former Employee), Fresno, CAJune 10, 2014
Pros: i'm not there anymore
Cons: pay, management, benefits
This job stresses people out more than they should. The only people who move up are the ones who are buddy buddy with management. They'll have a meeting about drugs and people coming to work on drugs, but won't enforce the rules on their friends who walk in reeking of pot. Instead they high five the guy. When the facility manager leaves after being – more... there for 2 hours, the remaining manager's professionalism goes out the door with him. Everyone who's not apart of the circle of friends feels the pressure of being an outcast. This is not a professional company by any means. They may act like it, but behind the scenes, they're just a bunch of ghetto morons who still believe they're in highschool. – less
Not very many redeemable qualities
Senior Research Analyst (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 19, 2014
- Lack of career path
- Poor work/life balance
- Some good people working there, mostly on the lower end of the totem pole, though
A bureaucratic place
Account Manager (Former Employee), New YorkApril 29, 2014
It is a good place for college graduate to learn the basics of marketing research.
Ipsos (note the "SOS")
Support Specialist (Current Employee), Chicago, ILApril 1, 2014
Pros: free bagels on friday
Cons: too many to list.
I've never in my life encountered a group of individuals with as little responsibility and drive for results in my professional life than I have during my time at Ipsos. A typical day could be comprised of receiving passive-aggressive emails, sticky notes, etc from your colleagues or simply just staring out the windows hoping for the second coming of – more... Christ to come and smite you. While the people on a personal level are kind, collectively there is no group-mentality, no feeling that you're on the same team, working toward the same goals. That probably has a lot to do with the lack of direction from upper management. There are virtually no processes clearly outlined and there seems to be no desire from leadership to make that a reality. The employee turn-over rates are astronomical and it's obvious as to why if you spend more than a week with this company. Do yourself a favor and find a company willing to invest as much in you, as you are investing in it. – less
Best job for someone right out of college
Contract Consultant (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 18, 2014
Pros: hard to keep your work life and real life separate. they start to merge
Cons: none.
Ipsos is a great company to work for directly out of college. They ask you to put on many hats and they give you an opportunity to feel around for what you really want to do in your career.
In need of good managment
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Chicago ILFebruary 10, 2014
Managment there don't know well their employees and therefore cannot value their work
Fun co-workers.
Marketing Data Specialist (Former Employee), Port Washington, NYJanuary 10, 2014
Learned a lot from working here. Created good work ethnics,
Fun Company
At Home Interviewer (Former Employee), ManitobaDecember 26, 2013
This was a great Company to work for. I hope to find a job at another Virtual Call Center that is just as great!
Very enjoyable work place
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Newport News, VANovember 11, 2013
reviewing paper script to match with job specification and then match with on line script monitor interviewers and motoring supervisors for constancy with job specs. I went from a telephone interviewer to a shift supervisor. My co-workers were like family. Management was great they were always there to help when you needed it. The hardest part was when – more... they closed the center and moved it to Canada. The best part was working with a group of people that were like family. – less
Productive and fun workplace
cording personnel and Field assistant (Current Employee), NairobiAugust 22, 2013
Pros: free lunches at times and breaktime tea with snacks
Cons: short breaks
My day comprises of checking emails and doing any other delegated duties. I learned on professionalism, work/life balance and how to relate with employees and clients. The management was really organized and one could easily be assisted without complaints or favoritism. My co-workers are amazing, fun to be with understanding and would work with them – more... any day all year. The hardest part of the job was slow internet and having to meet deadlines which was challenging but worth it. The fun part of my day was learning how to resolve a challenge and actually resolving it therefore helping people and having a new experience. – less
terrible upper management, low pay, high stress, long hours
Team Leader (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHMay 30, 2013
Cons: everything
used to be a great place, last few years have been focused on quantity over quality. most departments are now placed in other countries and everyone is over worked.
Productive and fast pace environment. Diversity in work projects. Challenging and a great learning experience.
Office Manager (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMay 10, 2013
Pros: flexible work schedules as needed, summer hours, paid holidays, sick days, and 4 weeks paid vacation, friday breakfasts, medical and commuter flex spend account, close knit family orientated colleagues.
Cons: an hour and a half commute when the trains are on schedule.
A typical day at work consists of handling all expected and unexpected needs from staff and facility. Assist where/when needed for 450 plus people. I am also responsible for the occupancy budget and handle every aspect of office/facilities responsibilities. I have moved/consolidated offices due to acquisitions and manage office buildouts as needed. – more... I learned how to handle many different personalities, including difficult people, and expanded my office management experience by dealing with companies in 90 countries. I have also had the pleasure to assist 40 plus offices in training and reduction in costs across the US and Canada. My colleagues consist of highly educated people who are from all parts of the globe. By working for a global wide company I have learned about many different countries and what is needed for international travel. The hardest part of my job is also the most enjoyable for me, and that is handling emergencies as they arise, finding ways to improve/streamline processes, reduce waste, and find more cost efficient ways to enhance the company. – less
Silo Business Structure
Director, Market Intelligence (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 27, 2013
While Ipsos is a good organization to work for, one must be prepared to be "silo'ed" away.

The business of research is silo'ed by research type -Satisfaction Group doing only satisfaction work for example. Then further silo'ed into industry - only working with travel companies. So prepare for work to get "stale" quick.
4th Largest Market Research Company
Director (Current Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 27, 2013
A full service agency with broad methodological experience and dynamic solutions.
The best place to learn all kind of market research techniques
International project manager (Current Employee), Santo Domingo, PRJanuary 25, 2013
Pros: learning a lot.
Cons: hard working. demands a lot of effort.
Ipsos is the third biggest market research company worldwide. That kind of says it all.
Its massive portfolio allows to provide its clients with the best products and services, and that guarantees that they are always satisfied.
Working at Ipsos is a very fulfilling experience.
Monitoring all the media advertising around the country
Media Outdoor Executive (Former Employee), Unites Arabs Of Emirates - SharjahDecember 13, 2012
• Monitoring and verifying Outdoor Media to ensure the advertising are dispalyed as booked with no tampering and provided by specific data such as rate card, current advertisement on each site, site technical details, site condition and advertising on neighbouring billboards.
• Handling Office work, data entry, Geo concept digital map, qualitative and – more... quantitative and rate card for billboard, GPS data, collection data and cleaning data.
• Training outdoor controllers. – less
Might want to do further research before joining IPSOS...
Senior Research Manager (Former Employee), Culver City,CADecember 4, 2012
Pros: office manager and team keep a great attitude, snacks, pool table.
Cons: management
By far the worst work environment experienced in my professional career. Management fosters an unhealthy competitive environment making for a weak team.
As the Toronto colleague mentions, if you are not "chosen" by management, you are ostracized and become a paper pusher.
Glad I made it out of there, but not without taking a major hit to my self worth – more... and professional growth. – less
Very professional atmosphere
Data Entry Supervisor (Former Employee), Parsippany, NJOctober 17, 2012
Pros: yearly reviews and opportunities
Cons: marketing company so the chance of lay off is high
Comfortable working environment. Clean office. Good team to work with. Many various marketing tools within the company.
Work with very intelligent individuals who love research
Human Resources Associate (Current Employee), Parsippany, NJMarch 20, 2012
Pros: friendly employee, relaxed atmosphere
Cons: worklife balance
Ipsos is a great market research company for a researcher at heart. The employees are creative and passionate about what they do. Ipsos's number one priority is to provide clients excellent services and tools, to help them build better a business for tomorrow and we do so very well. The atmosphere is very relaxed and employees are friendly.
Great starting point in market research
Project manager (Current Employee), Brasov, BRJuly 24, 2014
It is a great place to start discovering the market research industry. Great challenges that expand your knowledge everyday.

1 2 3 4

About Ipsos

What do consumers think? Ipsos knows. A leading international market research firm, Ipsos helps its clients test and evaluate – Read more