iQor Employee Reviews

Happy, young environment
FINANCIAL SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 1, 2017
A typical day at work would consist of me logging in and getting right on the calls. There's about a 2 hour increment between each break. It goes 10 minute break--lunch--10 break--end shift. I learned a job is what you make it, at iQor as long as you do your work and meet your stats you can gain bonuses and raises easily. Also if you surround yourself with negativity you will not do well but if you do your own thing you will be fine. Management are very nice but stern. If you're not doing your job or not trying you will know. The environment really just depends who you surround yourself with, there are a lot of young people so gets rowdy sometimes however in the earlier shifts more middle age to seniors work. The hardest part of the job is being on the phone all day with such short breaks. The most enjoyable part for me was the people I met.
Pros
people
Cons
short breaks
Challenging and provides scope for advancement
Call Centre Agent (Current Employee) –  Miramar, FLDecember 21, 2016
The retention department which I am currently enrolled in is one which is very demanding. It comes with benefits (such as constant raise and scope for advancement) which are consistent with the work that is required from agents. A typical day involves persuading customers to remain with the company even though they are dissatisfied.
I have learnt the importance of protecting customer information, patience and diplomacy to deal with difficult situations along with greater professionalism in a diverse environment.
Management is relatable and is always willing to work with employees. They have been the most encouraging leaders I have encountered and they have literally been one of my driving forces.
My co-workers are goal oriented individuals and it has been a pleasure working with them.
The hardest part of the job is to convince customers to remain while under strict policy guidelines.
The most enjoyable part of the job is satisfying the needs of some customers.
Pros
Scope for advancement
Cons
Short breaks
Average
CCR (Current Employee) –  Altoona, PAFebruary 3, 2017
A typical day is constantly receiving phone calls back to back about the same situations whether it is receivers, updating info, processing a transaction, troubleshooting a remote/receiver, changing someone's package, explaining a customer why things have changed with their account and whether or not something is out of my control. Overall, it's a full time job with full benefits that if you need a place to work, it's a place to be. Culture is great. Hardest part of the job and dealing with angry customers when something that happened isn't your fault and sitting for 7 1/2 hours a day. You learn about the dish, receivers, remotes, what is compatible and what isn't, what channels go with what package, why there are blackouts, and you can upgrade and not downgrade, etc.
Pros
30 min lunch and approved PTO if requested early enough
Cons
can only advance to peer advisor or coach after being a rep
It's a good job for high school graduates but not for people with kids
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLDecember 26, 2016
I started at this job as a freshman in college and it was good at first. I worked for Verizon and we get a chance to get a raise every month whether .25 or .50 cents up until you reach $11 then it changes to every three months. They offer a lot of overtime which is a plus but supervisors were racist if you weren't Hispanic and they overwork the employees. They sometime offer extra money if you work overtime but from my personal experience there has been numerous times where I did the overtime but didn't get the extra money!! And if you complain about it they will claim to look into it but it never happens. The job became overwhelming for me and i had to quit. Oh and the company itself is a scam.
Pros
Lots of overtime (based on your department)
Cons
Everything else
I enjoyed my coworkers but other than that it was a horrible job.
Repair Tech, Receiver (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 4, 2016
iQor took over the company and cut all of our benefits, they took all of our holidays so if you had no PTO they wouldn't pay you for being off on holidays. The management is a bunch of recycled useless idiots who've made business units fail but yet the company keeps them on to manage another BU in the ground, I still don't understand that one. While there under their control we were extremely overworked and highly underpaid. They're ungrateful, unappreciative of their employees, and there's no moving up in this company no matter how qualified a person is. By far THE WORST company I have ever worked for.
Pros
Nice coworkers
Cons
No Holidays, minuscule benefits, rdiculous amount of mandatory overtime you have to work
Do not work there!!!
Customer Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  CharlestonNovember 11, 2016
Iqor is one of the WORST jobs I've ever had! The management has no compassion for their employees & are extremely rude! They frown upon you speaking with team mates (even during down time) They are NOT consistent and what you learn during training will be changed within a blink of a eye once you hit the floor. To top it off they change your bonus system EVERY MONTH with no notice & expect you to adapt each time.. guess what that means? No bonus for you & If you don't meet in a timely manner.. bye bye you go (fired) Basically this jobs has NO FREEDOM OF SPEECH.. moral of the story, don't work there.. you're welcome for the warning :)
Pros
Pay(barely)
Cons
Bonus changes, management, no room to grow
It was a very laid back atmosphere.but the supervisors wanted you to be perfect
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New Albany, OHOctober 5, 2016
The fact that every call had to be perfect in order for you to get a raise at your 3 month evaluation was rediculous.working with the people that we had to work with was very difficult most of the time.so I feel that iqor should give raises regardless of the scores you get on calls because you are mentally and verbally abused doing that kind of work.it's tough
Pros
Did have free lunch sometimes, and bonuses according to your attendance and quality on your work, the supervisors are very understanding and laid back for the most part.
Cons
We literall had to follow a script even if our customers were difficult, and we automaticaly failed calls if we didnt follow the script.
Great fun place to work at. Management pays close attention to the employees needs. Very flexible
Escalation Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 3, 2016
I've work for Iqor a little over four years. I quickly moved up to a supervisor position. Management is very pleasant to work with. They hold fun daily incentives to keep the employees interested but at the same time hold a very professional environment. I love this place I am simply looking for a change in my life.
Pros
Fun incentives, great paid time off options, bonuses, people there are great and always in a good mood
Cons
Once you make an decent amount, the chances of getting a raise are far in between.
Good customer service training.
Customer Service Collection Specialist (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCJanuary 26, 2017
Good for new job learning customer service skills, time management. skills. For the seasoned worker, collector becomes very frustrated. Opportunities not available for advancement. Strict scripting of calls - base promotions on average dollar per call rather than production. Those who work less getting big bonuses but those producing high number in calls get less. incentative backwards.
Pros
Good training
Cons
constant change causing frustration
Horrible work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 3, 2016
Job was overall horrible. The building was completely unorganized no room to sit down not all the computers work. Management was unprofessional you got the lead manager of your campain hiting on every woman in the building. It was easy to move up promotion wise, if you were liked by the manager you were promoted. Theagents that you worked with got promoted to supervisors in no time in my opinion I think I was something else going on behind the scenes.Too it off I was fired because I wasnt liked by most of the supervisors. Very messy gossipy job.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Unorganized, unprofessional, messy & gossipy
productive and a nice place to work
Customer services Rep (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLFebruary 19, 2017
training to better understand how to pick u and take inbound calls to better assist customers whith tech or mobile issues. i learned how to unlock mobile devices and processing bill payments, management was nice and fair. the hardest part was the rush of the things to learn. the most enjoyable part was being able to learn so much bout the t-mobile company
Pros
good pay and competitive atmosphere
Cons
pushy training and rude supervisors
Nice job to start call center careers..
Verizon Wireless Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 20, 2016
Process credit applications. Management was great very understanding and flexible with time off when needed. Most of the people who get hired are straight out of high school so pretty immature co workers. Great compensation for bonuses and raises. Extremely easy job although the starting hasn't increased in a while to pay is not great starting out.
Pros
Great management and company.
Cons
No benefits.
Very Recommendable Employer
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 4, 2016
* Handing account, complaints and finances as Financial Advisory.
* Troubleshooting, escalations and quick, logical critical thinking.
* You will find the most friendly, relatable, encouraging and understanding management harbor inside of iQor.
* Troubleshooting the equipment when malfunction occurs can be one of the most daunting tasks of this job.
* Communicating with a diverse pool of Articulating cultures can be the most rewarding part of this job,
Pros
Job security, Pleasant atmosphere
Cons
Pay
Decent company to work for
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLDecember 24, 2016
Overall great company to work for minus the perverted staff members. Great pay with opportunity for overtime at 16.50 per hour. They have different shifts which you choose for yourself but choose wisely because this will be your permanent schedule.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Supervisors lied about initial pay increase. Only received a .25 cent raise after 6 months
Needs improvement
Customer service rep (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NC 28277November 22, 2016
Iqor need to improve management, promotions are only given to avp friends instead of hard working individuals. Never feel appreciated as a worker. Always confrontational between customers and rep, don't believe many reps were probably trained on how to resolve communicating with each member they call in. Everyone wasn't taught to let member/customers to let them hear your smile.
Customer Service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 10, 2017
When I worked here, I did have a good morning schedule. I had the opportunity to travel with management to learn new information and had the chance to come back and train the department. I wish that the pay was better and that there was room for advancement.
Horrible place to work
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZDecember 31, 2016
Don't waste your time working in a place that doesn't even care about employees. The company policy is that they don't accept doctors notes but IF they believe you're faking or just for some reason doesn't believe you they'll definitely ask for a doctors note. VERY unprofessional. I watched over 50 people get tapped on the shoulder and were asked to give them their headset and badge. Once we asked about our job security our manager basically told us to keep our resumes updated !!!! The training was Horrible I spent more time getting to know my co workers than actually learning. The schedules are so up in the air it's ridiculous but they get mad at you for having things to do. They have a 9. Point system and people were called in the office at 5 points and were asked to resign. Horrible place to be and work at I felt so depressed coming to this call center ! I would never return especially since thr customers on a daily were screwed over !
Pros
The pay
Cons
Everything else.
Stimulating and fast-paced work
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCFebruary 15, 2017
A typical day at work includes explaining bill information and charges , setting up service appointments, gas accounts , processing payments I really enjoy interacting with people and also having the opportunity to assist them the hardest part of my job would include my working hours and the fact that it is a gas company so our customers are mostly upset and rude majority of the time I find it enjoyable because I really enjoy typing setting up appointments and faced paced working I learned a lot about adjusting my tone being understanding to what it takes to break down billing information and completely analyze accounts and to be a better multi-tasker the management was awesome we were told what was expected and anytime we needed to improve we were taught how and were coached on what we didn't understand.
mixed views
Customer Service Rep/Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Lauderdale Lakes, FLJanuary 4, 2017
The environment was not very professional but my job was pretty easy and I was able to mentor others to be good at it too. There was too much favoritism in management roles and not much opportunities to be promoted
Pros
great hours
Cons
little benefits
Dont do it East Hartford Location
Collector (Former Employee) –  East Hartford, ctOctober 24, 2016
Rude supervisor tells employees he don't care when the have concerns

Unorganized

A raise ever 6 months of 0.25 cents people go 2 and 3 years with out a raise

Cheap 401k plan no match at all

No employee putting

The company build you up to tear you down
Pros
Convent location
Cons
No raises dumb supervisor

Ask a question about working or interviewing at iQor. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval