IREDELL MEMORIAL HOSPITAL

IREDELL MEMORIAL HOSPITAL Employer Reviews

Ok place to obtain skills but not a long term place of work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Statesville, NCAugust 20, 2014
Pros: many procedures learned, made me a stronger nurse, learned documentation
Cons: very hard floor to work on and everyday changes
I work on the medical/surgery floor. The day started receiving report from the off going nurse. Then I performed an assessment on the patients that I was assigned. We usually had six patients. Next I would chart the assessment on the computer system that we used called Cerner. Between assessments I would give pain medications, hang IV fluids, and hang IV antibiotics. Also I would have to discharge patients, directly admit patients from the ER, and I would have patients come back from surgery that I attended to. During my shift I gave medications as scheduled for the patient that they were prescribed and I would change dressings on incisions or pressure ulcers. I would have to check the patient's labs for PT/INR, vancomycin trough, and any other critical labs. I would run around helping CNA's to help people to get up and I would help fellow nurses if they needed me.
I learned how to use the computer system and how to write orders from doctors that I called during my shift if a patient had a need. I can start an IV, place a foley catheter, and insert a nasogastric tube. I learned how to change a wet to dry dressing and how to place a vacuum on a pressure ulcer. I called rapid responses on patients that had complications, emptied hemovac and JP drains, and I also discontinued the drains and removed them. I can remove sutures and staples from in incisions and learned to review hospital procedures if I was unsure or had questions. Also, I can hang blood products such as blood, albumin, and plasma. I know how to check doctors orders before performing a procedure and I sign off orders – more... before patient care is given.
Management was hard to deal with. Any nurse could be having a stressful day and the manager would confront you with negative feedback on none critical things such as the linen cart being on the wrong side of the hall or too many towels in a patient's room. I just arrived at work and wasn't clocked in because it was not time and the nurse manager confronted me on why there was a chair in the hall and not in the patient's room. I explained to her that I just arrived and had ten minutes until I could clock in. She then confronted the first employee that she saw that was clocked in and gave her the same lecture. I realized why the turn over rate was so high and after employee's had one year in they would leave or go to another floor. There is no opportunity to advance to management. September will be my second year on this floor and I seen 10 nurses leave and many CNA's leave.
I get along great with co-workers and the charge nurses. We all get along well with each other and joke around at work. I'm just sad to see so many great nurses leave because of the stress level and poor management.
The hardest part of the job is having to discharge people and then have patients being directly admitted with surgeries returning all at one time. Also, you have patient's who are confused and continue to try and get out of bed with their bed alarm going off.
The most enjoyable part of the job is helping the patient and teaching them and their family how to take care of themselves. – less
happy workplace
Precert Clerk/Business Office (Former Employee), Statesville, NCAugust 12, 2014
I enjoyed my job , but it was too far to travel 102 miles round trip. Now I am looking for Part time work. (retired)
Very Good place to train
Completing 96 hours of Advanced directed practice: (Former Employee), Statesville, NCMarch 23, 2014
Iredell is an awesome place to learn at. The people are very eager to teach you and answer any questions you may have.
I was generally happy with this facility
RN Labor and Delivery/Nursery (Former Employee), Statesville, NCJanuary 31, 2014
Pros: hours were great at first
Cons: hours became increasing hard for me
I enjoyed the Special Care Nursery position that I had here, I had left to take a job with less hours
Great stop in the road
Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) (Current Employee), Statesville, NCDecember 3, 2013
Pros: heathcare
Cons: bad management
they have no care for long time employees
No benefits for PRN folks
Great place to work.
Housekeeping/Team Leader (Former Employee), Statesville, NCDecember 2, 2013
Pros: good working environment
I really enjoyed working for this Company. I enjoyed all that I learned and the opportunities I was given to enhance my growth in my position.
I have only did clinical s at this location.
Clinical (Former Employee), Statesville, NCSeptember 27, 2013
I have only did clinical s at this location. In addition this does apply to writing a review.
Productive, focuses on being a fun and healthy place to work
Patient Accounts Representative II (Current Employee), Statesville, NCAugust 22, 2013
Pros: fun and healthy work environment
Cons: lack of training and very little advancement opportunities
Multi-Task environment with production deadlines. Very pleasant office environment with strict management control. No advancement opportunies in my office, however opportunies are present in other areas of the hospital. The most difficult part of my job is the lack of training in my office. Some of my co-workers and I learn by "trial and error". For example, there are constant changes with the computer system. The lack of training has caused delays, errors, and backlog. I really enjoy interactiing with the patients, insurance companies and third party companies.
Outstanding, Supportive Staff
Preoperative Registration RN (Former Employee), Statesville, NCJuly 22, 2013
Pros: knowledgeable, supportive staff; great nursing care
Cons: budget constraints; managers not required to have advanced degrees
Wonderful coworkers who work well together to get the job done well. Proud of the work and the care we gave to patients. The work is fast paced; the EMR slows care down; management is supportive but due to budget constraints unable to provide additional staff as needed.
Company dedicated to patient care
Emergency Staff Nurse (Current Employee), Statesville, NCJuly 9, 2013
Loved the constant challenge of my job and my co-workers. They were great team-players. The hardest part of my job is being treated with such disrespect from patients you are trying to help.
Great learning experience
Clinical Rotation (Former Employee), Statesville, NCApril 21, 2013
I was able to rotate through various parts of the medical records department, with a primary focus on coding. I spent time with Clinical Documentation Specialists, RAC Coordinator, and Tumor Register, and the Risk Manager.
Love being a part of bringing a new life into the world.
registered nurse on OB (Current Employee), Statesville, N.C.October 10, 2012
Pros: one on one labor care, decent benefits
Cons: high risk area to work in
Bringing a new life into the world can be exciting and joyful. However, with any job, there are also situations that can be stressful. I learned that my job has changed as society has changed. The workplace can be less stressful if you work well together as a team. Helping each other for a common goal makes a happier work environment. The hardest part of my job comes from high risk area in which I work. The joy of being a part of bringing a new life into the world is great.
Overated
Insurance Assistant (Former Employee), Statesville, NCApril 11, 2012
Worked all day and work ran over Management changed and it went down and company closed.
Wonderful and friendly place to work
CNA (Current Employee), Statesville , NCMarch 7, 2012
Pros: friendly
Wonderful place to work. There is always extra time to be had and they make sure that all staff is well educated and have access to all nessecary equipment to perform there duties effectively.