IREDELL MEMORIAL HOSPITAL Employee Reviews

Very relaxing atmosphere
Medicare Advocate and Patient Account Rep Duties (Former Employee) –  Statesville NCJuly 13, 2017
Typical day opening office making coffee, Setting up my appointments for the day. If no appointments scheduled I then worked on financial applications for assistance with bills
Pros
relaxing fun place to work
Cons
Too many people employed there
Great place to begin a career in healthcare
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Statesville, NCApril 17, 2017
Wonderful people and a good work environment. I would recommend anyone looking to start a career in healthcare to begin their search at Iredell Memorial!
Awesome Place to work
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Statesville, NCMarch 29, 2017
One of the most fun and wonderful place to work. Everyone is a team player and always willing to help at any giving time. The management was also always willing to help. It was a fun filled environment.
Fast paced and task oriented work
Dietary Worker (Current Employee) –  Statesville, NCFebruary 26, 2017
Typical day at work consisted of cleaning dishes, retrieving trays from floors, moving boxes, mopping and sweeping, and taking out trash. How to interact with various staff throughout the hospital. Management gave clear and precise directions to what needed to be accomplished, and expected consistent work output. Work place consisted of people from varying backgrounds and experiences. Hardest part of job was picking up slack from less motivated employees. Mst enjoyable part of the career was meeting and getting to know the management team.
Co-Workers Make It Work
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Statesville, NCFebruary 16, 2017
Co-workers were the reason I came to work everyday. Poor management, workplace culture was unorganized. Employees were encouraged to recommend changes, but only as a matter of record. Recommendations were never put in place. Departments were under budgeted and under staffed, while at the same time, the local paper revealed that the CEO and CFO made 1 million dollars in combined compensation every year. At a non-profit hospital
Pros
passionate coworkers
Cons
poor management
They're ok
Precertification Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Statesville, NCJanuary 26, 2017
IMH is an okay place to work. The atmosphere was very strict but if you do your job, you can advance quickly. However, management uses a dictatorship type of supervision.
Enjoyed all I learned but management is terrible.
CPhT Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Statesville, NCJanuary 2, 2017
I loved my job but management was not willing to let me move to first shift. I needed to change shifts due to my family but the pharmacy director tell me that I couldn't move to the shift because I couldn't make chemo therapy IV's due to the fact I was trying to have a baby.
Cons
Only received a 30 minute lunch during my 10 hour shifts.
Co-workers become like a family
C N A 1 & 2 (Former Employee) –  Statesville, NCNovember 6, 2016
The work is hard but rewarding. You meet new people(patients) and you get to make a good difference in their lives. You get to make friends with a lot of good people and you become a team. I did run into some co-workers that wasn't to friendly or team oriented but you work with them and hope they will change eventually. The hospital made sure we were always learning new things that we needed to know, most learning is computer based and also class with hands on. My base floor was SNF and me and my co-workers were very much a family and our patients felt it and loved it. The most enjoyable part was being at work with my friends and helping people to get better and go home and to know that I made a good difference. The hardest part is when a patient passed away and you wished you could've done more.
Pros
good pay, great people to work with, benefits and updating learning
Cons
have to travel in bad weather to get to work(snow, ice) you still have to be there
Good team on my assigned unit.
Charge nurse, lactation consultant (Former Employee) –  Statesville, NCOctober 19, 2016
Excellent co-workers. Most of other staff willing to help each other. Most of doctors were good to work with. In general unit management. Receptive to change and improving unit.
Pros
Excellent co-workers.
helping patients
Candystriper (Former Employee) –  Statesville, NCAugust 1, 2016
I enjoyed working at the hospital. I decided later on I wanted to go to college. I went to MCC for a short time until I got the job I have now.
Hospital
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Statesville, NCJuly 31, 2016
I liked working for Iredell Memorial Hospital in the Emergency Department. As someone who has difficulty being still, my days were always hopping! Every day was different! I think the pay could've been a bit higher for such job skills.
Kitchen Aide (Current Employee) –  Statesville, NCJuly 11, 2016
Overall a good work environment but would like benefits and more hours! In August I would be a PRN worker for ten years!
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Never been full time
Very good work environment
Food Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Statesville, NCJuly 5, 2016
The environment and staff work very well together. I am an individual who can operate with little, to no supervision, and this job allows me to do just that. There is nothing hard about this job, but the most enjoyable part about it is my co-workers.
Working at Iredell
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Statesville, NCMay 9, 2016
My experience at Iredell was very good. This was my first job in healthcare and I learned the basics that I needed to gain experience in the operating room. I enjoyed working with my co-workers, we worked well as a team. Management was fantastic, training was fantastic. The hardest part of my job was working with some of the doctors that had demanding attitudes on a new tech. I enjoyed my time there and wished I could have returned after I left, but due to low census, they were not taking any new positions.
Imh
CNA (Former Employee) –  Statesville, NCApril 13, 2016
IMH was overall a decent place to work. The patient to CNA ratio was sometimes a bit high but the environment was good. All in all i would recommend it,
Stressful environment
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Statesville, NCJanuary 25, 2016
Working was very stressful. No communication most of the time. Management needed help but co-workers were great. I learned a great deal while working there but the hardest part of the job was being pulled in so many directions. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to spend time talking to some of the patients and friends that I had met.
Pros
Little things mean a lot.
Cons
Sometimes no breaks.
ok
Community Health Representative (Current Employee) –  Statesville, NCOctober 15, 2015
I enjoyed working at this company. The staff was easy to get along with. The supervisors were competent and thorough. I always left
work with a smile on my face knowing that I helped someone.
worked as travel nurse in the ER
ER/Travel nurse (Former Employee) –  Statesville, NCJuly 22, 2015
The nurses there we not very nice. They were very critical and did not want to assist very well. The techs were wonderful and worked very hard.
Good atmosphere
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Statesville, NCJune 10, 2015
Orderly and strict rules and regulations. On camera at all times. Rely on yourself and not much help from others. Pay isn't enough for all you have to do.
Don't enjoy this company
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Statesville, NCJanuary 22, 2015
The nurses treat the CNA's like they are beneath them. The management is very strict. I wanted to cry before I went to work. I did not enjoy my time here at all.