IRET Properties Employee Reviews

I enjoyed the job at first, but the culture became problematic.
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNFebruary 13, 2018
IRET went through many changes - I would not recommend working there for a few years until they find their footing. Many people lost their jobs without good reason.
Best property management I've worked for
Regional Property Manager (Current Employee) –  MinnesotaNovember 9, 2017
I've worked for a few different property management companies but of them only IRET is owner and operator of their properties which means they do what needs to be done to run a successful property-no cutting corners. Many positive changes in the last year with Management, growth opportunities and utilizing technology.
Pros
Benefits, direction of company, opportunities for growth
Cons
Spread out due to locations of real estate
November 10, 2017

Thank you for the compliments we really try our best at IRET to be an employer of choice.

Ok place to work
Mait supervisor (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSNovember 5, 2017
Nepatism not good when husband and wife work the same property other than that it was an ok place to work. The rpm was a joke she has no clue what she is doing and makes life missable, for employees who have been there for many years
November 10, 2017

Thank you for the feedback, we take nepotism very seriously at IRET. We will be sure to follow-up with your concerns. If you have any other feedback you feel comfortable giving please contact our HR departments at 952-401-6600.

Former Staff
Maid/Housekeeping Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Minot, NDOctober 26, 2017
My time at IRET was terrible. Typical day, being micro-managemed, being bossed around by certain female-workers who were very very territorial and awful to work with. Manager was enabler to the female staff, playing favorites every day, plus had to check in by text message every single hour. Nothing good about this place, except the fact it was a job, but not worth the stress, micro-management, drama, etc.
Pros
it was a job
Cons
Everything else
October 27, 2017

Thank you for the feedback, I really appreciate you taking the time to let us know how you felt while working for us. I am sorry to hear you had a poor experience with co-workers and your manager. We would love to discuss this with you, if you are up for it, please contact Human Resources at 952-401-6600 to see what we can do to prevent this from happening in the future.

Run and don't look back
Residential leasing specialist (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNAugust 27, 2017
Quarry ridge had a inexperienced manager, short tempered and would get into arguments with residents. Treat employees unfairly and degrade them. I would not recommend this place unless you have an experienced manager
Pros
Non
Cons
Working every Saturday low pay
August 29, 2017

Thank you for the feedback. I am sorry to hear you had a poor experience at Quarry Ridge, specifically regarding your manager. We would love to discuss this with you, if you are up for it, please contact Human Resources at 952-401-6600 to see what we can do to prevent this from happening in the future.

Employees treated well
Custodian (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaMay 27, 2017
If you're part time, they get kind of sketchy with your hours. For example, I've been informed on more than a few occasions that I was within a few hours of my weekly max. In truth, I wasn't even close. I would then be told I could only work a certain amount of hours on the day I was informed. Have no idea why they do that. Once, I even had another day before the time was due for the week. So I often end up with four or five hours less than my max.
Pros
Good management who communicate well.
Cons
Shady with the hours if you're part time.
May 30, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. If you are comfortable with discussing this further please contact our Human Resources department at 952-401-6600. We would like hear more from you and see what we can do to prevent this from happening in the future.

Derek Lechner

Like working with my co-workers
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Topeka, KSMay 19, 2017
The work environment is good, my co workers are great to work with, they make sure that you have what you need to be effective at the job. The residents are very good to work for
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Low pay, no overtime
May 23, 2017

Thank for your feedback. We would love to get a better understanding of why you gave us a low star rating. If you feel comfortable with discussing this further please contact Chantelle Oveson at 952-401-6600.

Derek Lechner

IRET was a great place to work along with employee engagement. Enjoyed getting up to face each day.
Commercial Property Manager (Former Employee) –  1400 31st Ave, Minot, ND 58701May 4, 2017
Busy, love busy, different tasks daily from paying invoices, solving tenant or building issues. Managing budgets, preparing monthly reports. renewing of leases.
Pros
Flexible hours, fun enviroment, great co-workers
Cons
Really non that I can think of. Would still be there if position had not been eliminated.
May 11, 2017

Thanks so much for the feedback. It's unfortunate your position was eliminated. However down the road when we start to add positions in Minot again please keep us in mind for future career opportunities.

Great Benefits
Residential Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Minot, NDMay 2, 2017
The hours were great, the job was at times stressful but still enjoyable. The company deleted 16 jobs recently so is not a good place to be employed at this time.
Benefits
Cons
Job Security
May 11, 2017

Thank you for the review. It’s unfortunate that we had to eliminate those positions, however growth is our goal. We hope to have other positions down the road and you might consider coming back to us.

Stay away.
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNApril 6, 2017
Hostile work environment with harassment every day. This is a place where at the end of the day you will feel defeated. They will not address their problems and make you the problem. Cover up to protect supervisors instead of addressing human rights issues.

They have gone threw many employees over the years.
April 10, 2017

Thank you for the feedback. I am sorry to hear you had a poor experience while working with us. We would love to discuss this with you, if you are up for it, please contact Chantelle Oveson at 952-401-6600 to see what we can do to prevent this from happening in the future.

Derek Lechner

Want to know more about IRET Properties?

Ask a question
not worth it
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNDecember 12, 2016
poor communication
anyone at the property manager position or lower was great.
the company will write you up for not buying products from upper managements friends even if the product looks the same but is better quality and a lot cheaper.
they will punish you for missed calls when the office is closed.
Pros
Cons
all
Run
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Cloud, MNOctober 26, 2016
The higher-ups always have to have someone to pick on, and heaven help you if they decide it's you. It doesn't matter how well you run your property, if they don't like you for any reason at all, you're gone. Extremely unprofessional.
Pros
Pay
Cons
St Cloud Regional Manager
OKay place, poorly managed
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Bismarck, NDOctober 17, 2016
Okay Place, benifits good. Management poor. Co-workers were good. Hardest part of job was meeting expectations. Lunch most enjoyable part of job. I worked as a custodian. I was overworked due to other custodian being away from job.
Pros
good benifits
Family friendly work environment
Community Manager (Current Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDAugust 22, 2016
Love working for IRET. Friendly staff, great benefits, and is very family friendly.

Pay could be a little more competitive, but overall a great benefit package.
Beware!
Employee (Former Employee) –  Minot, NDJune 6, 2016
People who works here are RUDE! They are not on the same page and gives you wrong information all the time. Don't be one of them!
P.M and workorders for all residents
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  grand forks NDSeptember 9, 2015
turning and re-modeling of all units, doing grounds work and general curb appeal. completing work orders for all residents
Great work/life balance
Corporate Employee (Current Employee) –  Minot, NDAugust 6, 2015
IRET has been one of the best working experiences of my career. I have been provided with opportunities for advancement and recognized for my contributions to the company.

IRET is a family oriented company with many great employee geared policies such as purchased paid time, employee leave for school visits and schedule flexibility. The morale is better than any of my past employers.

IRET compensates fairly and offers any benefit you would ever need.
Pros
Flexible Schedule, Work/Life Balance, Great Wages
Cons
Positions that can be done from home do not have the option to work from home, even on occassion
Great benefits but high turn over
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNJuly 8, 2015
Benefit packages are affordable and the coverage is great.

High turn over with staff, inconsistencies with management following company and housing policies can make for a high stress environment. However, support staff / coworkers at properties tend to be very pleasant to work with.

Lots of variety with daily job duties. Must have great customer service skills. Nights, weekends, shifts outside of normal are required at times. Must have own vehicle for company errands and driving around people looking for apartments.
Pros
healthcare
Cons
Inconsistenet training and management
Friendly Professional Environment
Temporary Corporate Office File Clerk (Former Employee) –  Minot, NDOctober 26, 2014
I enjoyed the atmosphere of friendly coworkers with the professional corporate work environment. Being given daily and weekly tasks, knowing what was expected of me and making sure my job was done efficiently. Very understanding with medical conditions that became limiting my job performance but then did not help me come back into the job once healthier.
Welcoming Environment
Leasing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDOctober 22, 2014
The position I held was strictly leasing units and assisting the manager where/when needed.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Not enough advancement at the time I was there

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IRET Properties. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8