About IRON Financial
IRON Financial is an independent asset manager serving a diverse universe of financial intermediaries and institutions. Since 1994, we have prided ourselves on the integrity, independence and innovation that continues to earn us the trust and confidence of our clients.
With a focus on low cost, innovative, risk mitigation strategies, IRON manages investment portfolios across core and alternative asset classes, and provides comprehensive solutions to the qualified retirement plan marketplace.
The Application Developer will be a key member of the IT and quantitative research departments. He or she will work closely with the Chief Executive Officer, Director of Investment & Quantitative Research, and other members of the Research and Portfolio Management team in providing application support for our investment products and strategies as well as efforts directed at further improving our IT infrastructure and investment/product development processes.
- Develop and maintain proprietary web-based / desktop applications and user interfaces
- Perform unit testing, debugging, and bug fixing; maintain change control and testing processes for modifications to new / existing deployments
- Monitor database system details, including stored procedures and execution time, and implement efficiency improvements
- Respond to and resolve database access and performance issues
- Participate in technical and business discussions, share ideas, and provide feedback with the goals of continual improvement of the firm’s IT operations
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent is required, MS preferred
- Must have hands-on experience in designing user interfaces as well as working with complex transactional / analytical systems and large data-warehouse databases
- Working knowledge of MS SQL Server, Integration Services (SSIS Packages), and Reporting Services is strongly desirable
- SQL Server database performance fine tuning, security management and troubleshooting experience is a plus
- Experience in Financial Services / Asset Management Industry / Bloomberg API / Morningstar Direct / R Programming language is a plus
- Must possess strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work on projects that involve multiple departments
Iron Financial has excellent benefits and comptetive pay. Iron pays 100% of employees medical insurance premium.
This is a full-time, direct hire position. Consultants and other third parties need not apply.
Local candidates only.
Applicants must be able to work in the U.S. without sponsorship