About IRON Financial
IRON Financial is a growing Alternative Investment Manager, with approximately $2.2 billion in assets under management, serving a diverse universe of financial intermediaries, institutions, trusts and family offices. Since 1994, we have prided ourselves on the integrity, independence and innovation that continue to earn us the trust and confidence of our clients.
With a focus on innovative, risk mitigation strategies in the alternative asset class space, IRON manages investment portfolios across the fixed income, hedged credit, equity options, convertible bonds, and REIT categories. IRON also provides comprehensive solutions to the qualified retirement plan marketplace including ERISA 3(38) co-fiduciary services.
Join a highly motivated investment team that develops and manages liquid alternative investment strategies which can complement a client’s traditional core, stock-bond portfolio. We are seeking a self-motivated, experienced, Senior Quantitative Analyst/Quantitative Strategist to join our Investment and Quantitative Research team. He/she will work as a senior member of the Investment Research team in identifying new investment opportunity sets, developing investment strategies and supporting the Portfolio Management team in making trade decisions. He or she will work closely with the Chief Investment Officer, Portfolio Managers, and other members of the Research team in researching and supporting our investment products and strategies.
Role & Responsibilities
- Conducts value-added research to formulate new alpha strategies and to generate new non-correlating return streams for a liquid alternative, multi-strategy investment portfolio.
- Develops relative value, arbitrage, hedge, pairs trading, and long-short investment ideas in both the cash and derivatives markets. The opportunity set can be extended to other parts of a firm’s capital structure as well as inter and intra sector.
- Be creative in generating new and opportunistic ideas, and prioritize research based on portfolio needs.
- Monitors portfolio holdings, market structures, and risk on a daily basis and apply proprietary risk management practices, timely and diligently.
- Collaborates with the Research and Portfolio Management teams in the implementation of new strategies and supports portfolio risk management.
- Brings an informed perspective to the research process from a continuously updated knowledge of markets, instruments, and investment theses.
- Analyzes historical market data as well as intra-day data to form investment hypothesis, develops relevant models, tests model formulations, and builds investment strategies.
- Develops robust back testing process to validate new investment hypothesis, work closely with Portfolio Management team, and implement validated strategies into the portfolio on a timely basis.
- Develops appropriate tools, trading analytics, new proprietary front-end investment tools for implementation of newly developed investment strategies and trading ideas.
- Prepares performance attribution analysis and quarterly commentary for distribution
- Produces thorough, insightful reports and white papers for Institutional clients
Qualifications and Experience
- Undergraduate degree required, graduate degree preferred in Economics, Statistics, Finance, or Financial Engineering. CFA is preferred, but not required.
- 5+ years of direct experience in quantitative research involving credit, equities, derivatives, and alternative investments
- In-depth knowledge of fixed-income markets and analytics, thorough understanding of financial mathematics, and credit derivatives are required
- Strong research skills and the drive to develop investment insights from various angles
- Sound knowledge of the investment management business, institutional products, operational workflows, and compliance
- Ability to organize the research efforts more efficiently and progress ideas through various stages of development with a focus on timeliness and real world implementation.
- Experience in programming analytic languages (such as R, MATLAB) and hands-on experience working with databases (SQL). Experience in developing front-end trading analytics and investment tools in VBA, .NET is preferred.
- In-depth knowledge and expertise on credit and derivatives, market macro and micro structures
- Trading experience in the fixed income markets is a plus
- Proficiency with market data sources and electronic and trading platforms
- Detail-oriented, hardworking, and committed to driving end-to-end initiatives
- Team player with a positive attitude
- Strong communication skills, highly-organized, ability to multi-task and work independently in a team environment
IRON Financial is an independent asset manager serving a diverse universe of financial intermediaries and institutions. Since 1994, we have...