Iron Mountain Employee Reviews

Very productive work place
Data Entry/Special Projects Coordinator (Former Employee), Kent, WAMay 19, 2015
Pros: Able to work overtime when needed.
Cons: having to take work phone with me while on vacation
I would get there around 5am start time was at 6am to perpare the work load for the day. I had to decide between daily pickups destruction orders or special projects. Daily work was very important because the drivers picked up the boxes the day before so we needed to get that information into the system incase the client needed to order a file out of the box. I would decide how much data entry there was and how many employees I needed to get the job done. I would then put a few on special projects which was usually medical charts and each cart had close to 1000 charts on it which needed to be entered into the system.
I learned to keep friendship and work on different levels. I felt I was under a lot of pressure with the responsibilities I had but I could only take it one step at a time only so much could be done in one day.
The management team for the most part was amazing and at other times well lets just say they were management.
Co-workers mmm some liked me some didn't. Before the two companies merged I was Special Projects Coordinator for my company and another lady was Data Entry Coordinator for her company so when the merge of the two companies they had to decide between the two of us who would take over both and I got the position. There was a lot of hate in the room but I stood my ground because I worked hard to get the position.
The hardest part of the job was the volume of stress. Lot's of pressure from my supervisor to get the jobs done.
Most enjoyable part of my job was when a job was complete and the customer was happy wether it was a special project or just daily work.
always a chance to learn new information
Courier Driver (Former Employee), Solon, OHMay 18, 2015
typical day was checking truck, verifying route, loading truck, interact with customers when delivering or picking up their secured documents for storage, return to warehouse to unload vehicle, scan all items into warehouse, pallet if needed
Very interesting job.
Record Center Specialist (Former Employee), Aurora, COMay 16, 2015
Pros: Easy, fun, and lovely people
Cons: None I was very satisfied
I loved working for Iron Mountain. It was fun and I loved the people I worked with. The job was fun and easy for me. I learned what to do very quickly. The people were very helpful and kind.
Fun and a great place to work for
Driver Assistant (Former Employee), Kent, WAMay 12, 2015
Pros: low cost venting machine in warehouse
always on the move stayed busy at all the time always find something to do the most enjoyable part of the job is the people around the work place they are all friendly
worse place ever
Order Picker (Former Employee), Sandston, VAMay 8, 2015
Pros: good pay and easy work
Cons: unprofessional, unorganized, lacks communication skills, does not follow protocal.
It was the most unprofessional experience I've ever had they scheduled me for an interview and had me work 2 days fired me and said i had to take a drug test but never informed me of this before my employment. And when they asked the manager why they hired me before doing a drug test and background check she responded ''i just figured that he had taken a drug test''.
I did data entry of medical records,
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee), East Peoria, ILMay 7, 2015
Pros: nice environment
Cons: didnt give us notice on shortage of work, til after we left for the day
Contract was to last 3 months, but only last 2 weeks. Minimum strokes per hour 8000 I really like the work, and the environment
Great work environment
Case Manager (Former Employee), Collegeville, PAMay 5, 2015
Surrounded by a very productive team who lent helping hands. Also manger would work with me in regards to my schedule if there were issues.
record center spec.
❸ Lead (Former Employee), fullerton ca,April 29, 2015
I'm a great leader at work helping my team to finish the task for the day, by learning to help other with there work i have great co-workers that help each other with task i can manage about 6-20 people in a team. My hard job is when i like to expenses new job roles. the joyest part of my job is to help other.
NOT GOOD
Records Specialist (Former Employee), NAshvilleApril 26, 2015
I do not like working for iron mountain. The wok culture sucks and the people are rude and mean. Cant wait to get out of here.
Excellent company to work for with great benefits and people.
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), PRApril 15, 2015
Pros: great benefits and available tranning modules, safety is always number one
Cons: because the company is in Puerto Rico there is no room for anvancement.
A typical day at work, no two days are the same with a multitude of work that needs to be done in a growing market. Had the opportunity to work with an exceptional group of team members that took me under their wing and thought me everything I needed to know to succeed in my roll as an Operations Supervisor. The team members that reported to me were second to none, had the pleasure and the opportunity to work and learn from this amazing group of individuals that gave me their all without hesitation in a way that I never expected.
The most enjoyable part of my job was working with all the team members from all the different departments and getting to know them on a personal level. Hard working people that come in day after day and gave their best for their peers and the customers they served.
Productive and fun
Medical Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee), Denver, COApril 14, 2015
It was busy and fun. I learned how to lift heavy boxes the right way and the co-workers were the best we all got along and had fun. The hardest part of the job was running out of work.
relaxed and very calm place
Laborer (Former Employee), Cranberry, PaApril 13, 2015
Throughout the day you were able to work by yourself and your own pace so i was able to show the employers that i was willing to do the work and a faster yet efficient pace.
Medical courier (Former Employee), Jessup, MarylandApril 10, 2015
Pros: They arlways had information available when needed.
Cons: The hours for me at the time were earlier than I expected.
They are a great company that handles Medical Records. I know they do an outstanding job of keeping hospital and radiology records completed. I enjoyed working there, and believe they continue to service the public as a professional and integrity company!
Consultant on Short Term Contract
Independent Consultant - Senior Project Manager (Former Employee), Collegeville, PAMarch 31, 2015
Did not work there long enough to really evaluate fully the organization. 97% of the people I met there were very hardworking and dedicated employees.
Quite work place, easy job assignment
Document Processor (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALMarch 29, 2015
Pros: 10.00 hr, off on weeknds, you worked from 9am-5pm
Cons: None
I loved working for Iron Mountain because it was a very a simple work place, they worked around my school shcedule when I was in shcool at the time. We got paid every week, 10.00 an hr. 9am-5pm and off on the weekends. The workers were great to work with. I would work for Iron Mountain again.
Productive, organized work place
Destruction Specialist (Former Employee), Collegeville, PAMarch 24, 2015
New emails where the first to be reviewed. Corresponded with customers regarding their orders. Orders were updated as per customer request. Final Destruction Listings were sent out, as well as Certificate of Destruction (per customer requirement). 30/50 Day Notifications sent out to customers regarding time limit/approval not been received. New requests were pulled and handled next.

I worked with Microsoft Word, Excel daily.

My co-workers were all very friendly and we all got a long great.
Fixing Corners
Team Lead, Trainer & Data Analyst II (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOMarch 19, 2015
This was a fun job. Another temporary assignment. We had a lot of freedom as long as we were productive. We prepared forms for scanning. I learned here that it doesn't really matter what your doing if you enjoy who your doing it with
Productive fun workplace
Destruction Technician (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMarch 12, 2015
Its a great job with plenty of opportunities and benefits. You will get a workout from lifting but the atmosphere is awesome. I enjoyed my time there
Sales Advocacy Associate (Current Employee), Collegeville,PAMarch 10, 2015
Assisting with general needs such as placing orders, working with microsoft documents, Oracle, billtrust, Iron Mountain connect, 20/20, and various other systems. Assisting the Sales team with high priority escalated requests. Dealing with complex billing, assisting with pricing, updating the account, answering general inquires for creating contracts. Reaching out to the customer on behalf of sales to address customer concerns.
Terrible HR Dept and upper management
Class B shreds (Former Employee), Sacramento, caMarch 8, 2015
i went through the the whole process of getting this job as a class B shred. I get a call out of the blue one day saying were not going any further with your application. I have a clean record and class A license. When I asked why not they said it was a discrepancy on my background. When I asked what it was the HR recruiter said she didn't know. Lol. Wow! I had to call the background company myself to find out a date on a job wasn't correct. All they had to do is call me and ask those questions I could have provided any information they needed. Words of advice cover yourself if they give you an offer letter. Make sure it has whatever you need to cover you in it if they decide to rescind the offer. I wouldn't recommend this job to anyone especially with all the teamsters and union harassment. Stay clear of iron mountain.

1 2 3 4 5

About Iron Mountain

You think you have a mountain of paperwork to deal with? Iron Mountain is one of the world's largest records storage and information – Read more

Iron Mountain Salaries