Iron Mountain

Iron Mountain Employee Reviews

Great teamwork and encourage to think outside the box.
Transportation Coordinator (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJuly 29, 2015
Pros: IC bonus for productivity
Cons: Loyality from upper management with my knowledge and skills i've obtained to be laid off
Start early in the morning picking any add on tapes customers would request the night before and processing them to the routes. Review all emails including customer request for the day, Conduct morning huddles for my drivers on safety and productivity,Prepared transportation production reports,DSC,Flash,PMT for upper management, and Routing with RoadNet for the following day, etc.

I learned how to capture the interest and attention of my superiors and my drivers with important company information, became an expert on routing with RoadNet, and telematics.

My experience with management and co-workers was fantastic, I love the teamwork motto.

Hardest part of my job was being understaffed, and seeing my drivers overworked,

I enjoyed being a friend to my drivers and helping them with work and just listening when they needed.
General Labor (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJuly 27, 2015
I enjoyed the work environment and it was easy to tranistion into. I worked with some nice people that seemed to enjoy the job.
good place to work if you get hire by the compnany
Imaging Specialist (Former Employee), Doral, FLJuly 27, 2015
The job was not bad could have used team leaders and it was hard to get hired by the company full time and the pay increase were few and far between
Not great hours and low pay rate
Plant Laborer (Former Employee), Jersey City, NJJuly 26, 2015
I hated the hours and the pay rate wasn't that great the management was ok but could've been more informative with job description
Amazing learning opportunities and working environment
Network Engineer (Former Employee), Mariposa, CAJuly 26, 2015
Pros: Customers were amazing! Professional work environment. Learning opportunities everywhere.
Cons: Clientele is limited due to location. Paid as 1099 self-employed instead of as employee.
3 man ISP and computer repair shop. We did everything from troubleshoot/build computers/servers in shop and in home to designing and implementing network solutions for large deployments such as school districts and national reach corporations.

Management was limited to owner and co-worker. Almost all tasks that involved more than a single meeting were discussed and recorded in email.

Typical day at work was showing up and checking tickets on ticket tracker. All tasks were assigned a ticket and tickets were taken and resolved by anyone who picked them up. Many tasks were assigned to specific workers based on skills.

All tasks were given a specific time frame in which was considered reasonable. Accountability was innate with any action.

Learning environment for Linux, networking or general computing was immense. Customer service skills went along way towards guaranteeing sales from potential clients and building relations with existing clients.
Productive and fun place to work
Health information Coordinator (Former Employee), St. Louis, MoJuly 25, 2015
Assure prompt service to customers, my sure that work was productive. I learned how to coordinate work. The management team was the best. Made some lifetime friendship with my co-workers. This was one of the best places I ever worked.
Recruiting department gets zero stars!
Manager, Data Center Services (Former Employee), Boston MAJuly 23, 2015
Pros: Good company
Cons: Horrible recruiting department!!!
I was dealing with the recruiting department for a Data Center Manager position and it was a very unprofessional experience. The recruiter I was dealing with had to reschedule multiple times and then vanished after my first interview and never scheduled the second interview. After multiple phone calls and emails to the recruiter, I had given up! I know that Iron Mountain is an awesome company to work for but I have witnessed first hand a large issue with their recruiting department. Good luck to future applicants!
i loved my time there
Coordinator (Former Employee), Solon, OHJuly 17, 2015
Pros: good benefits, interesting work
Cons: bad leadership in management
i worked in the record center and sometimes went on the road to help out transportation. i enjoyed my time there with great employees and a great work culture. i was very disappointed in the way my leaving was handled, but that didnt have anything to do with my direct bosses.
Productive and fun workplace
Record Center Specialist (Former Employee), Somerset, NJJuly 15, 2015
Pros: Occasional free lunches, holiday parties
A typical day started out with a 10 minute meeting, then we would start work, which was pulling a certain number of boxes per day. My coworkers and managers were great people to work with. I would say the most enjoyable part of the job is being able to work by yourself at your own pace, and the hardest part would be putting away new the inventory, since some areas were hard to reach and some boxes were heavy. What I've learned is to just keep going when things seem to go wrong, and how to use an RF scanner.
Really fun place.
Computer operator (Former Employee), MoscowJuly 15, 2015
Pros: flexible working hours, really good work place
Cons: nothing
You can feel yourself as a freelancer. Days off whenever you want. Good co-workers and management team. Nothing bad at all. Bankrupted in 2011.
aweome pace to work
Material-handler (Former Employee), Port Allen, LAJuly 6, 2015
group projects or work performed by employee teams; teamwork within the context of a positive workplace means employees are willing to help out their coworkers whenever possible. For example, employees may assume the duties and tasks of a coworker who is out of the office for an extended period. Teamwork requires a positive attitude about individual goals as well as organizational goals. Employees who routinely pitch in and help recognize the importance of their employer’s goals are willing to assume personal responsibility for those goals in the event one of their coworkers is temporarily unable to fulfill her responsibilities.
Cool work environment
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 6, 2015
Pros: Free lunch every month or two
Cons: hard labor for women
I loved the frequent breaks. Work wasn't too hard to do if you were okay with lifting and moving heavy boxes. The work schedule was always consistent. co-workers got along pretty well with each other.
I learned themost from this job more paying attention detail. I thought I was big on detail until I worked this job it rally requires attention to numbers and code and things. I enjoyed it
Iron Mountain Through a staffing agency
Scanning Clerk (Former Employee), Northborough, MAJuly 3, 2015
Pros: They can put you to work immediately.
Cons: Some temp assignments might be very short.
Manpower- Excellent Staffing Agency
This agency always has jobs available and helps individuals look for jobs. I have had a few jobs through manpower. I would encourage everyone to apply.
Somewhat productive, friendly environment to work in
Production Worker (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOJuly 1, 2015
Pros: Free lunch after 90 days of being accident free
Cons: temps may be prompt to take a week off due to no production
Start by learning my assignment for the day.
Learn to listen and execute task efficiently.
Management are exceedingly great.
Look forward to working with co-workers
Nothing is never too hard if you follow directions.
Enjoy the work I do, regardless how big or small it may be.
Productive and fun workplace.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 23, 2015
Pros: Lunch/Break times. Able to listen to music. No dress code. Everyone got along well.
Cons: Dust. Possible spider/rodent infestations. Very hot.
A typical day at work was moving boxes from point A to point B for the most part. The people were nice and cooperative. Breaks and lunch times were considerate. The only downside was the actual building(s) itself. Buildings seem to be fairly dusty, infested (possibly), and very hot.
Productive and my coworker
file puller / driver helper (Former Employee), Southaven, MSJune 20, 2015
Pros: My hours was great and the cowork
Cons: My work assignment ended
I learned a lot I learn how to cycle counter make sure all the merchandise was in the right place. I learned how to keep accurate records of all incoming and outgoing shipment.
fun work place we had a ping pong table and foosball table
Mobile Shred Operator(MSO)/Class A Driver (Current Employee), Sunnyvale,CAJune 9, 2015
So in the morning we would get are truck keys and are routes for the day. Then we would log in to are scanners and then have a morning meeting with some stretches. Then we would do a pre trip on are trucks to start the day. Management was always out side to sing are(MSIR)&(DVIR) books in the morning. we would have about 18 to 19 stop a day some place were really busy and others were not so busy. we have a great team but I want to drive tractor/trailer every day and not switch off back and fourth. The thing I like most about this job is that your the boss out in the field.
Great work place
Certified Mobile Shred Operator (Former Employee), Elk Grove Village, ILJune 8, 2015
its not enough hours but has great people running the company and its very clean and I would go back if I was getting more hours because the pay is good.
Challenging, interesting business
Operations/Transportation Manager (Former Employee), Port Ewen New YorkMay 26, 2015
Great teams to work with and comply with customer needs.
Project management and detailed reports to measure successes is a requirement.
Communication and support good
A comfortable Ride
Account Representative (Former Employee), Royersford, PAMay 22, 2015
Pros: The environment and people
Cons: the long walks from the parking lot
Being able to come in and know what i will be doing and being able to help customers with our services made it a great environment to work at.

1 2 3 4 5

About Iron Mountain

You think you have a mountain of paperwork to deal with? Iron Mountain is one of the world's largest records storage and information – Read more

Iron Mountain Salaries