Iron Mountain Employee Reviews in United States

A long standing company that seems to be turning south.
Transportation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZDecember 8, 2015
Pay was commensurate with the rest of the market, but you will never get any kind of a reasonable raise. Benefits were excellent. Hours were a nightmare, on-call, weekends, swing shifts, every holiday. Don't plan on having ANY kind of a life working there. Management started off great, but then became fractured around 2013. Micromanagement, in-fighting among managers, insane metrics that couldn't be met. A lot of people that worked for Amazon were hired into management roles, and they ran the place like Amazon.
Pros
Great benefits, ok pay.
Cons
Terrible management at almost every level, $0.12 per hour raises (if you were lucky)
I have enjoyed 10 years with this great organization.
Territory Financial & Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 29, 2015
Iron Mountain has been good to me (and many other employees) over the past 10 years. The only reason I am even looking for other employment is because Iron Mountain continues to evolve and restructure to ensure continued growth for many years to come. The organization has undergone numerous "rightsizing" exercises in the past several years and I have been fortunate to have "made the cut" each time.

However, I feel it's the right time to start looking and get prepared in the event I don't "make the cut" if & when there is another cut back.
Pros
Great benefits, culture and work life balance
Cons
Consistent restructuring makes longevity / job security a thing of the past.
Good people dealing with corporate mandates
Transportation Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Port Washington, NYOctober 23, 2015
There are a lot of hard workers here but a lot of disengagement due to constant corporate metric measuring of more and more job functions creating more and more responsibilities and subsequent finger pointing when things go wrong. Processes and equipment which are not functioning properly almost never get 100% fixed. Most of the burden gets put on supervisors and hourly staff with little to no support. If you are an excellent self educator and highly motivated you can go very far in this company if you are willing to move and relocate for promotions.
Pros
ability to move up and get promotions. Also excellent review structure for yearly raises
Cons
Poor training, little to no support for wide variety of job functions.
Ping pong table
DATA ENTRY (Former Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLJanuary 17, 2016
Recording information from medical files in the computer. Learned how to be fast and accurate. Management did not had too much ethics and professionalism. Not able to speak to co-workers. Hardest part was communicating with a co-worker or doubts about the current work. Most enjoyable, when I got the results and could see that I met an exceeded the goals of the week.
Cons
COMMUNICATION, BENEFITS, BREAKS
Good paying job
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Santa Maria, CAMarch 6, 2016
Great pay, many job advancements, Very long hours and very demanding. Very heavy work and a lot of grading reports. If you enjoy lots of over time this is the place to get it with great benefits.
It could be worse
Driver (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJMarch 4, 2016
Even though we only work 4 days per week we really don't make a lot of money doing what we do especially doing a heavy route in NYC. Benefits are good. Management is ok for the most part.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Low Pay
Good benifits
Plant Manager (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAFebruary 5, 2016
This was a good company to start. You will understand in short order the working of a conglomerate that has to report to a board of directors. The Shred division seems to be ever changing and was very hard to keep up with the expectations of ever changing roll expectations.
benefits
Cons
loyalty
Great workplace environment
IT Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Collegeville, PAJanuary 10, 2016
My career at Iron Mountain was outstanding. I would continue to work there if the opportunity arises again.

My team was exceptional and I received constant praise while being a supervisor there.
Family-like environment
Organizational Development Consultant (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaNovember 9, 2015
Iron Mountain is a solid company with a very family-like culture. The company is undergoing a lot of change and some of it is very disconnected. Senior leadership seems to miss some of the dots that need connecting.
Pros
Excellent work-life balance, good salary
Cons
Average benefits, unstable change environment
Decent place to work
Operations Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 21, 2015
They have great benefits. Not much opportunity for growth unless you are willing to move. Pay isn't great. The particular unit I am in is a dying business, so I don't see us still being there more than a few years.
benefits
Cons
pay
productive workplace
Record Center Specialist (Current Employee) –  Addison, ILNovember 19, 2015
Enjoyed working at this place. It has its ups and down. Very physical labor. Sometimes it could be a bit overwhelming. Learned a lot about warehouse and warehouse safety working here. Enjoyed working in teams tho about Eighty percent of the time you worked alone in the warehouse. Very big company with multiple locations.
Pros
Benefits are good.
Cons
the hours.
PC Technician (Former Employee) –  Collegeville, PAAugust 18, 2015
Iron Mountain was a great place to work.
The benefits were good, the hours were excellent, and the people were mostly friendly.
The management was not the greatest, but they were in a transitory stage when I joined and all of the kinks were still working themselves out.
Typical day was spent about 60 percent on the phones with the different end-users assisting with our various online tools.
There was nothing really too difficult about the job, and breaks were given pretty frequently.
Pros
Frequent breaks, a lot of projects
Cons
Not enough room for advancement
Reorganizational Blues
Learning Project Leader (Former Employee) –  Collegeville, PAOctober 9, 2015
Supports working remotely
A lot of investment in improving managerial skills
Respectful of the employees' personal needs
Rapid reorganizational changes means there's no job security
Losing high quality talent due to layoffs or leaving before being laid off
Pros
Incentive compensation; strong HR
Cons
Lack of job security
A wonderful place to work
Driver (Former Employee) –  Aurora, CODecember 1, 2015
This company is very secure on storing personal document and shredding important items.The company also keeps their employees abreast on all up coming requirements.
Pros
Good Benefits and Great Bonuses
Cons
Could be a great place work !
Courier (Current Employee) –  Kent, WAFebruary 15, 2016
Excellent job to have ! Your left alone as long as you get your job done .Management on the other hand dosent care about you at all . If they like you well then your golden but if they don't watch out . Their is no team work at this job it's man/women for themself . Routing and or dispatch push you to do more and more after a 10,11 Hr day very long hours . Work is very physical if your scared to work not the place to apply for .
this Job taught me a lot about managment.
Records Center Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 15, 2015
I would truly recommend this job to someone else. If you are looking for a physical job with bonuses, and reviews, with a possible raise every year, then Iron Mountain is the place for you.
Pros
Very physical job.
Cons
Better comunication to the emplyees would have helped my experiance.
Iron Mountain
Customer Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Royersford, PAAugust 27, 2015
Iron Mountain is a competitive company with room to advance for those who work hard and are motivated. The restructuring and changes within the company's hierarchy can be unsettling. Good benefits, personal/vacation time, and incentives for those who have been with the company for some time.
Good Company but no growth within the Eastern Territory
Client Service (Current Employee) –  East Brunswick, NJMarch 22, 2016
My day is servicing a financial company and creating their personal files. Working for Iron Mountain for 16 years I've learned teamwork, organization skills, and being proactive. I love working with my co-workers it's a family oriented location.
Pros
No micromanagement
Cons
No promotions and no growth within the Eastern Territory
High Paced File Pulling, order and Delivery of Healthcare reocords
Records Management, & Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIJune 17, 2016
The day began with printing out orders of files to pull of shelves to be distributed by a driver coordinated to various locations. Print outs of orders to coordinate with an employees pull list to fill customer orders. Print barcode for outgoing and scan outgoing onto shipper. File data entry into and out of the system, inventory verification reports daily, and replacement of incoming files into system. Scheduling weekly and daily even according to order demands. The people there where very much like a family. the hardest part of the job was pleasing the management team with high order time success rates and keeping employees stress level low
Pros
paid lunch, great health benefits
Cons
no opportunity for advancment, if you are valued in your position they dont want to let you get higher up
Iron Mountain
Senior Solutions Architect (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 11, 2015
Iron Mountain was great company with fantastic benefits and a good culture for work life balance. there advancement into the Healthcare arena is good logical step. They have good management heading up that initiative.