Iron Mountain

Iron Mountain Employer Reviews

working at IM
Director (Former Employee), San Jose, CAFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: great people work there and believe in service
Cons: senior leadership is disconnected and make decisions based on bottom line vs service
There are a lot of great people who work there but Senior leaderships disconnected to employees and customer needs. Reorganizations are now a norm.
Great Place to work for certain departments
Employee (Current Employee), Royersford, PAFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: decent pay, good health insurance, good direct management
A fast paced, every changing work environment. Daily tasks are easy, but can get frustrating due to lack of program functionality. Some departments are easier to work for than others. Direct Management is great, but higher executive decisions can be questioned most of the time. Co-workers are friendly and great to work with.
Knowledgeable
Customer Care Agent (Current Employee), Collegeville, PAFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: learning environment
Cons: limited time to learn
Teamwork oriented.
About the core of the business
Positive attitude
Friendly
Not knowing what to expect on the next call
Learning how to handle those unexpected calls
Good Products
Sr. Systems Engineer (Former Employee), Wake Forest, NCFebruary 15, 2015
Subject Matter Expert
Enterprise Customer Base
Challenging Complex Work
Freedom to manage technical aspects of territory with Sales Exec.
Productive and Learning Workplace
Operations Manager / Record Center Director (Former Employee), Tucson, AZ & Miami, FLFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: teamwork, workplace, learned skills, benefits, corporate
I rate Iron Mountain as 5 stars. In my nine years with Iron Mountain, I learned more skills that no one can take away from me than the typical workplace. The teamwork was between management was outstanding and made all the challenges worth while. My specific team met and handled the greatest of challenges with enthusiasm regardless of the situation.
Very customer centric organization.
Director of Accounts Receivable and Collections (Former Employee), Royersford, PAFebruary 12, 2015
I enjoyed the 7 years that I worked at Iron Mountain. The Shared Services Center was an enjoyable place to work. I was unfortunately laid off as part of a reorganization of the Shared Services Center.
Easy Money
Temporary Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee), San Diego, CAFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: easy
Cons: temporary
It was in a warehouse so I'd grab a pallet full of boxes which was full of boxes at least 25-30, each containing several manilla envelopes. The information written on the outside of these envelopes was to be keyed into the data system, replaced on a new pallet and prepared for storage.
Work environment was consistent with the job
Warehouseman & Driver (Former Employee), Los Angeles CaliforniaFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: teamster union job was secure, good place to work with a varied work environment.
Cons: some management were less than qualified or effective
Iron Mountain was a good place to work overall. I was able to interact with customers at their sites in a very congenial non-confrontational manner. The co-workers were most often reliable and dependable. Management was efficient and considered employees needs when required.
not a good place to work
Record Center Specialist (Former Employee), Chester, NYFebruary 4, 2015
Cons: work you to hard
Iron mountain does not care for its workers just to make sure the work gets done. They do not give help when you need it. Your co-workers never help you. Working in dust full warehouse with bugs and rodents.
Working with this company was very interesting, the relationships between co-workers were great.
Courier (Former Employee), Oakland, Ca. 94612February 2, 2015
Pros: we were offered energy snacks every morning to help get us through our day.
Cons: when business got slow the last hired was always the first hired.
I drove throughout the Bay Area picking up confidential documents from many companies to be shredded or stored. The most enjoyable part about this company was that you go to many different places each day, no day is ever the same.
excellent benefits
Courier (Former Employee), Carrollton, TXJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: free state fair tickets
Cons: no set working hours
excellent benefits
great friendly working environment
get to meet new people everyday
route gives a chance to learn different parts of the metroplex
It's a wonderful place to work.
Record Center Specialist (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOJanuary 28, 2015
Iron Mountain is a wonderful place to work. A lot of room for advancement if you work for it. Friendly coworkers and staff. The hardest part of the job is no hard part. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing you have put in a good eight hour work day.
Good company to work for in the U.S.
Operations/Transportation Supervisor (Former Employee), Cerritos, CAJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: good benefits and employee programs
Cons: local management not on same page at times
Very busy work days that can be challenging and fun. Helpful staff across all departments.
Good job but...
CDL B Driver (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJanuary 21, 2015
Good job but the management team in Las Vegas, NV has no concerns for the workers personal life and off time. They will have you work 60hour work weeks and have you come in on the weekends. Your annual raise is on average $0.30-$0.35. There isn't room to be promoted.
It would have been better if the contract lasted longer
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), SouthavenJanuary 20, 2015
Iron Mountain offers a wide range of career opportunities from coast to coast and country to country; from the warehouse to the executive suite; from the Sales office to the back office and the customer support center.
Productive and fun work place.
clerical (Former Employee), Fort Wayne INJanuary 14, 2015
My day at Iron Mountain were fun and always learn new things because we would different projects.
productive and efficiency
Iron Mountain Record Center Specialist/Supervisor (Former Employee), Miami, FLJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: help people
Cons: lack of commnication
a typical day at work fast paced environment to complete orders daily. I learned not to overextend my resources and to finish the job. Management was a lot planning, organizing, setting objectives. My co-workers made it a fun place to work. The hardest part of the job is to make sure that all customers be satisfied daily. The most enjoyable part was to come in everyday and help the company to achieve its primary goal: customers service
Demanding Company always trying to get the most out of you
Account Representative (Current Employee), Collegeville, PAJanuary 12, 2015
Iron Mountain is a highly political work place. Your'e more likely to be promoted based on your ability to tell your manager and supervisor about other coworkers, than on your ability to perform your job. The model of micromanagement. Not much camaraderie despite the companies attempt to provide business functions from department budgets. If your'e the quintessential company man, your'e likely to go far.
I liked the job
Driver (Former Employee), Northborough, MAJanuary 10, 2015
Pros: lots of overtime due to inefective sheduling and high demand for work and not enough employees.
Cons: lots of overtime.
I enjoyed working with the company and my co workers the middle management was out to create little or no harmony and did not listen to common sense, while performing my job but if I was so bad I guess they would not have used me to train other drivers and never laid me off or fired me even if they were incompetent and ineffective as leaders. They were only out for themselves and often it backfired on them. Middle management was ineffective higher management were ok and sometimes needed to intervene when they did not.
All in all the company was a good company to work for but they did not seem to care for their employees.
Exciting place to work. Was invovled in many high profiile and business critical projects
IT Service Delivery Manager (Former Employee), Collegeville, PAJanuary 10, 2015
Pros: fast paced and exciting ennvironment
Cons: heavy focus on moving jobs out of the country
I loved working at Iron Mountain. I was involved with so many exciting and business critical projects. I was fortunate to have a wonderful team that routinely surpassed my expectations. We routinely delivered on time and on budget.

1 2 3 4 5

About Iron Mountain

You think you have a mountain of paperwork to deal with? Iron Mountain is one of the world's largest records storage and information – Read more

Iron Mountain Photos