Iron Mountain Employee Reviews

Flexible workplace that offers professional growth and work-life balance
Events Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  CollegevilleJanuary 30, 2017
I have found that working for Iron Mountain offers a flexible workplace. Many of the professional employees work from home at least part of the week if not every day of the week. The company culture encourages work-life balance, with few working late/off-hours, many taking regular time off and little work being done on weekends or during the holidays. The employees that I have worked with have been at the company for 5 years or more and most of them have advanced within the company.

With the company being so large and the products/solutions being new to me, I experienced quite a learning curve. However, the employees have generally been welcoming and easy to work with.

The Executive Leadership is passionate about environmental issues, diversity in the workplace, philanthropic efforts to preserve historical artifacts/sites/records and community activism/volunteerism. This was particularly appealing to me and makes me proud to work here.
Pros
Good benefits, employee longevity
Cons
Lots of time on the phone since colleagues are spread all over the country/world.
Focused on every work with honesty and respect to all records.
Records Center Specialist (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJanuary 3, 2017
Iron Mountain is a very good company that provides support to its employees. Benefits are great and they provide their employees uniforms from shoes, socks,T shirts, sweater, jackets, belt, hooded sweatshirt, gloves and bonnet. Pay was average for our job but we have incentive bonuses every quarter and we are happy looking forward to it every quarter. Our manager and supervisor are great people and we are always being praised for every good job that we have done for the company.
Pros
free lunch every quarter if there is no accident in our place.
This was a Fun Industry
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Middlesex County, CTDecember 9, 2016
I really enjoyed my days at this company and am proud of the accomplishments I made at that time.

My typical day was hunting for new business in new accounts and new verticals in existing accounts. The Sales Managers I had were all top notch.

The hardest part of the job was attaining unrealistic sales quotas and selling some programs that were not properly developed and/or overpriced for what they did.

I really did enjoy the sales win and the compensation was above that of privately held document management companies.
Pros
Good compensation
Cons
Company culture eroded
record center specialist / helper for driver
Record Center Specialist (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CTJanuary 25, 2017
Unorganized place to work for. The management will give you a enormous amount of stops for you to complete and really expect you to finish them all ....mixing off site shredding with on site shredding is against company policy but the supervisors don't care...the turn around ratio is high....the can't keep people there at all. They hired me as an Casual worker I didnt receive any heatlh benefits for 5 years since i started.
Pros
The work was very easy
Cons
No Benefits and no guaranteed pay raises
Very professinal work environment.
Commissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Royersford, PAFebruary 16, 2017
Processed sales reps commission payments for a specific geographic area. Communicated all exceptions to the compensation plan to management. Ensured appropriate approval requirements are met with all processes.

Learned compensation plan, Safekeeper Plus, Salesforce and Oracle.

Maintained 100% accuracy and met commission payment deadlines.

Receiving emails from mangers thanking you for processing special projects in an accurate and timely manner.
Pros
Healthcare, bonuses and good management.
Cons
Jobs being outsourced.
Iron Mountain
Customer Service Associate II (Former Employee) –  Royersford, PADecember 20, 2016
As an employee of Iron Mountain I had the opportunity to work in an atmosphere where each and every employee is encouraged to participate in group discussion, private discussions with managers and/or to assist other employees when he/she may have had a question on how to address a customer's concern.

Overall, my experience at Iron Mountain is viewed as a positive factor in my career. I couldn't have asked to work with a more dedicated group of managers and fellow employees.
Pros
Benefits, incentive pay, bonuses, etc.
Cons
I don't feel there were any.
I dread coming into this place every morning.
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJSeptember 28, 2016
If you care about your license and your safety don't work here. It's every morning management will give you a route that only superman can complete with no regard to your license or health whatsoever. Management will act nice right to your face then stab you in the back when you are falling behind on your route. They only care about their trucks and the pick ups being made. They refuse to reward their hard working employees with good raises instead they'll just pile more work if you're done early and just watch every move on your scanner. Overall not worth 17.02 per hour to be treated like a common criminal.
Pros
Cons
Everything else
Very productive environment
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 10, 2016
A typical day with the guys in the warehouse ( only 5 workers in the plant) would sometimes be very quiet, mostly work related. I learned more on keeping excellent standards and good communication with outside vendors. Management I would rate at least a 3 with communication. The most enjoyable part of the job I would say the overtime, weekends off, and company events. Lunches are separated so each individual eats alone.
Pros
Company family events, Overtime was a Plus, The Benefits.
Cons
Single lunches, Last minute Mandatory Saturdays.
Was a great place to work...
Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 30, 2016
Unfortunately the core business of the organization is records management, which is no longer a growing industry because of less expensive backup options and items being stored electronically. This has created significant amount of job loss. At one point it was a wonderful place to work, compensation was fair w/great benefits.
benefits
Cons
no opportunities for advancement and job security
A diverse company
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Windsor, CTFebruary 10, 2017
Iron Mountain is a diverse company with many Employee Resource Groups. Historically was very good with Work/Life balance, but is transitioning into Work/Life 'mix'. Opportunities to advance are rare due to several years of restructuring. However, benefits are VERY good.
Pros
very good benefits (medical/dental, etc.)
Cons
work-life "balance" replaced with work-life "mix"
Great Company, but poor local management
Courier Shred Driver (Current Employee) –  Pico Rivera, CADecember 31, 2016
it's alot of work. takes to much of your everyday life. the pay is decent but that gets old when your working 12 hour days. technically your supposed to work at least 10 hours a day. not for you if your a family man unless money is needed!
Pros
decent pay, overtime, weekends off, day shifts, holidays off, and benefits
Cons
morale is low do too much work, overworked, body is tired, fatigue, or sore
Very stressful Plant manager puts way too much pressure on those busting their back . Lacks compensation for good job
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAAugust 10, 2016
Management changes often I was their less than a year . Brach manger was terminated within a few months of me being their . Plant manager and branch manager say they were on same page until plant manager was away from branch manager then it was a different story. Way too many contingent employees ( temps ) more temps at times then employees. Did not practice what they preach. Matrix way to high for what the limping equipment can handle . No raises in ten months
Cons
Review hits the target
Was able to listen to different types of music
Audio Engineer (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, CAJanuary 13, 2017
A typical day at work would be listening and recording music.
I've learned that attention to detail is very important. Managers and co-workers were great. The hardest part of the job was that there was not enough time in the day. Most enjoyable was the music
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Small raises
my view
Records Clerk/Inventory Control (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAJanuary 13, 2017
Very good company, very good training, management work hard, we have all the tools needed to complete the job. Good pay rates and benefits.
Pros
great management
Cons
I had to move to North Carolina
Great company, good people.
OPERATIONS COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Hanover Park, ILOctober 14, 2016
Great company! When you work in Data Management it is difficult to climb up the ladder via promotion.

Iron Mountain is a very stable company that takes care of their employees.
Pros
Benefits are very good!
Cons
Options for growthor advancement can be limited!
High Paced File Pulling, order and Delivery of Healthcare reocords
Records Management, & Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIJune 17, 2016
The day began with printing out orders of files to pull of shelves to be distributed by a driver coordinated to various locations. Print outs of orders to coordinate with an employees pull list to fill customer orders. Print barcode for outgoing and scan outgoing onto shipper. File data entry into and out of the system, inventory verification reports daily, and replacement of incoming files into system. Scheduling weekly and daily even according to order demands. The people there where very much like a family. the hardest part of the job was pleasing the management team with high order time success rates and keeping employees stress level low
Pros
paid lunch, great health benefits
Cons
no opportunity for advancment, if you are valued in your position they dont want to let you get higher up
Good company
Financial Manager (Former Employee) –  Sharon Hill, PAFebruary 2, 2017
Solid company with good corporate support and consistent revenue streams. Market share includes the majority of Fortune 500. Competent senior leadership. Aggressive international growth through acquisitions.
Pros
Good benefits and bonus plan.
Cons
Constant change.
no rewards
Transportation Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 14, 2017
This company does not take care of its employees, only the bottom dollar. The medial benefits are expensive, Management does not listen to ideas only their way.
Mostly entry level positions
Courier (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 6, 2017
I started as a warehouse working. navigating large warehouses to locate boxes or individual files for customers. Then moved into a position as a courier. Near-minimum wage pay.
Pros
Stress Free work, great benefits
Cons
Menial labor or data-entry, low pay
Fun and friendly
Document Specialist (Current Employee) –  Freehold, NJNovember 28, 2016
If you are looking for a temp job, this is the place to be but don't count on getting a permanent job here unless you personally know the managers.
Pros
Can get a free meal
Cons
No benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Iron Mountain. Our community is ready to answer.