Iron Mountain Employee Reviews

This was a Fun Industry
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Middlesex County, CTDecember 9, 2016
I really enjoyed my days at this company and am proud of the accomplishments I made at that time.

My typical day was hunting for new business in new accounts and new verticals in existing accounts. The Sales Managers I had were all top notch.

The hardest part of the job was attaining unrealistic sales quotas and selling some programs that were not properly developed and/or overpriced for what they did.

I really did enjoy the sales win and the compensation was above that of privately held document management companies.
Pros
Good compensation
Cons
Company culture eroded
I dread coming into this place every morning.
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJSeptember 28, 2016
If you care about your license and your safety don't work here. It's every morning management will give you a route that only superman can complete with no regard to your license or health whatsoever. Management will act nice right to your face then stab you in the back when you are falling behind on your route. They only care about their trucks and the pick ups being made. They refuse to reward their hard working employees with good raises instead they'll just pile more work if you're done early and just watch every move on your scanner. Overall not worth 17.02 per hour to be treated like a common criminal.
Pros
Cons
Everything else
Was a great place to work...
Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 30, 2016
Unfortunately the core business of the organization is records management, which is no longer a growing industry because of less expensive backup options and items being stored electronically. This has created significant amount of job loss. At one point it was a wonderful place to work, compensation was fair w/great benefits.
benefits
Cons
no opportunities for advancement and job security
Very stressful Plant manager puts way too much pressure on those busting their back . Lacks compensation for good job
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAAugust 10, 2016
Management changes often I was their less than a year . Brach manger was terminated within a few months of me being their . Plant manager and branch manager say they were on same page until plant manager was away from branch manager then it was a different story. Way too many contingent employees ( temps ) more temps at times then employees. Did not practice what they preach. Matrix way to high for what the limping equipment can handle . No raises in ten months
Cons
Review hits the target
Focused on every work with honesty and respect to all records.
Records Center Specialist (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJanuary 3, 2017
Iron Mountain is a very good company that provides support to its employees. Benefits are great and they provide their employees uniforms from shoes, socks,T shirts, sweater, jackets, belt, hooded sweatshirt, gloves and bonnet. Pay was average for our job but we have incentive bonuses every quarter and we are happy looking forward to it every quarter. Our manager and supervisor are great people and we are always being praised for every good job that we have done for the company.
Pros
free lunch every quarter if there is no accident in our place.
Iron Mountain
Customer Service Associate II (Former Employee) –  Royersford, PADecember 20, 2016
As an employee of Iron Mountain I had the opportunity to work in an atmosphere where each and every employee is encouraged to participate in group discussion, private discussions with managers and/or to assist other employees when he/she may have had a question on how to address a customer's concern.

Overall, my experience at Iron Mountain is viewed as a positive factor in my career. I couldn't have asked to work with a more dedicated group of managers and fellow employees.
Pros
Benefits, incentive pay, bonuses, etc.
Cons
I don't feel there were any.
Very productive environment
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 10, 2016
A typical day with the guys in the warehouse ( only 5 workers in the plant) would sometimes be very quiet, mostly work related. I learned more on keeping excellent standards and good communication with outside vendors. Management I would rate at least a 3 with communication. The most enjoyable part of the job I would say the overtime, weekends off, and company events. Lunches are separated so each individual eats alone.
Pros
Company family events, Overtime was a Plus, The Benefits.
Cons
Single lunches, Last minute Mandatory Saturdays.
Great company, good people.
OPERATIONS COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Hanover Park, ILOctober 14, 2016
Great company! When you work in Data Management it is difficult to climb up the ladder via promotion.

Iron Mountain is a very stable company that takes care of their employees.
Pros
Benefits are very good!
Cons
Options for growthor advancement can be limited!
my view
Records Clerk/Inventory Control (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAJanuary 13, 2017
Very good company, very good training, management work hard, we have all the tools needed to complete the job. Good pay rates and benefits.
Pros
great management
Cons
I had to move to North Carolina
Contractor Employees
temp position through DPS Staffing (Former Employee) –  Freehold, NJDecember 22, 2016
They treat everyone horrible, they push you to the maximum limits and honestly treat you like garbage. They don't value the long hours that you put in, the time you are spending working overtime. So that management can meet their end of the year bonus quota, only to let you go once it is met. They use people.
Pros
Occassional free bagels, pretezels
Cons
short breaks, no appreciation
Evolving workplace with focus on the customer
Supervisor, Customer Care (Current Employee) –  Collegeville, PADecember 11, 2016
Iron Mountain is making strides to incorporate better technology to improve the overall customer experience. As a company they are very aware of their customer's needs, and strive to meet expectations regardless of customer size.
Pros
Employee Acknowledgement Programs, advancement opportunities
Cons
Work/life balance
Was able to listen to different types of music
Audio Engineer (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, CAJanuary 13, 2017
A typical day at work would be listening and recording music.
I've learned that attention to detail is very important. Managers and co-workers were great. The hardest part of the job was that there was not enough time in the day. Most enjoyable was the music
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Small raises
High Paced File Pulling, order and Delivery of Healthcare reocords
Records Management, & Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIJune 17, 2016
The day began with printing out orders of files to pull of shelves to be distributed by a driver coordinated to various locations. Print outs of orders to coordinate with an employees pull list to fill customer orders. Print barcode for outgoing and scan outgoing onto shipper. File data entry into and out of the system, inventory verification reports daily, and replacement of incoming files into system. Scheduling weekly and daily even according to order demands. The people there where very much like a family. the hardest part of the job was pleasing the management team with high order time success rates and keeping employees stress level low
Pros
paid lunch, great health benefits
Cons
no opportunity for advancment, if you are valued in your position they dont want to let you get higher up
negative workplace
Senior Business Development Executive (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 9, 2016
The workplace has become extremely negative driving most of the good people away. Advancement is via "buddy system" not merit. Constant management rotation, non good. Very difficult to get paid commission
Cons
management, commodity product with little future, difficult to get paid
Fun place to work with great people and Managers
File Puller (Former Employee) –  New JerseyNovember 14, 2016
Day at work would depend on what I was doing that day. One day I could have been pulling files the other days could have been handing out boxes. I learned that hard work and get you places and do things i would not normally;y do. Management was great loved them. Co workers where great also had no issues with them one of the reasons why I liked going to work. The hardest part of the job was the travel to and from work (45 min to and from without traffic). The most enjoybale part was just going to work and being with co workers and getting paid
Pros
Great people, Mangers and things to do for work
Cons
Distance from home
Salary needs improvement
SALES EXECUTIVE (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 31, 2016
I have not had a raise in over 6 years. Management needs to realize that their best asset are their best sales people. Apparently the culture is if you want a raise then sell more! Well they keep raising our quotas, commission rates go lower, so if I sell more I get paid less! How does that make any sense???
Mismanaged
Transportation Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJanuary 8, 2017
This company can be ran much more efficiently if management followed company rules and employees truly embodied the teamwork work ethic! There is no work/life balance in my particular job position.
Teamwork environment
Medical Records Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CANovember 28, 2016
Worked various jobs for this company. Advancement used to be consistently available. Dependable schedule and upper management was a valuable asset, at times.
Pros
Various hours available
Cons
union environment
Great Company, great culture, little job security
Business Development Associate (Current Employee) –  Royersford, PAApril 28, 2016
I loved working for this company. The culture and environment are great. They honor the performers and coach the struggling.
You feel like you have help each way you turn amongst teammates.
Upper management is very concerned about overhead, and streamlining processes to a fault. Some teams are overworked while, other teams are begging for work. Job security in certain positions is very low. I sit here writing this believing my team will soon be laid off.
no rewards
Transportation Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 14, 2017
This company does not take care of its employees, only the bottom dollar. The medial benefits are expensive, Management does not listen to ideas only their way.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Iron Mountain. Our community is ready to answer.