Iron Mountain Employee Reviews

Improvement In Need
Document Prep Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hazelwood, MOAugust 30, 2015
The Department was very unprofessional and the training service was very poor. The Department lacked communication skills, However their was a set schedule with excellence But the Department needs improvement on the way to handle business.
Pros
Free Lunch Breaks
Cons
Two Short Breaks
Wasn't a great fit for me.
Operation Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  SpringfieldAugust 28, 2015
Wasn't a great fit for me. There's wasn't a lot of Team work nor accountability in the work environment. I didn't look forward to going to work.
Pros
It was a Job
Cons
Co workers, Management, Pay
Customer Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Royersford, PAAugust 27, 2015
Iron Mountain is a competitive company with room to advance for those who work hard and are motivated. The restructuring and changes within the company's hierarchy can be unsettling. Good benefits, personal/vacation time, and incentives for those who have been with the company for some time.
energetic
Medical Records Specialist (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 26, 2015
loved working there enjoyed my co-workers. I don't stress over the little things. If I were not in the medical field I would have loved to be permanent there
a challenging yet fulfilling job
Record Center Specialist (Current Employee) –  Walton Hills, OHAugust 23, 2015
Typically a fast paced work environment, yet a good place to work. My immediate management makes sure employees have necessary means to complete they're job on a daily basis.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
hard to move up in the company
Fun and productive workplace with a strong team enviroment
Scan Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 23, 2015
Team support from all departments. You work together and you fail together. Everyone looks out and covers one another. Great beneifits. Company get togethers a couple times a year. Holiday celebrations and events for the employees. Sick days, vacation days. Great enviroment to work in. Looks out for your safety as an employee.
Pros
Lunchoens on the company, support from management, cross training
Cons
no cons
good place to work
Driver (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CTAugust 20, 2015
i enjoyed working alongside my coworkers and i also met a lot of customers who really got to know me. Doing my job is easy to me because I make people laugh and smile.
Pros
bonus
Cons
healthcre
Worse Place to work for
Commercial Shred Driver (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 13, 2015
You work hard all year complete day and receive a .27 cent raise horrible company. Salary Cap $23 and it take 23years to get there
Pros
same truck
Cons
Extreme Lifting
Senior Solutions Architect (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 11, 2015
Iron Mountain was great company with fantastic benefits and a good culture for work life balance. there advancement into the Healthcare arena is good logical step. They have good management heading up that initiative.
perductive
Record specialest (Former Employee) –  23475 eicher st hayword CAJuly 31, 2015
Iron mountain is a great company that challenges us to work together and be the best at what we do also they help you if you ask for help at any tine in any subject
Great teamwork and encourage to think outside the box.
Transportation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 29, 2015
Start early in the morning picking any add on tapes customers would request the night before and processing them to the routes. Review all emails including customer request for the day, Conduct morning huddles for my drivers on safety and productivity,Prepared transportation production reports,DSC,Flash,PMT for upper management, and Routing with RoadNet for the following day, etc.

I learned how to capture the interest and attention of my superiors and my drivers with important company information, became an expert on routing with RoadNet, and telematics.

My experience with management and co-workers was fantastic, I love the teamwork motto.

Hardest part of my job was being understaffed, and seeing my drivers overworked,

I enjoyed being a friend to my drivers and helping them with work and just listening when they needed.
Pros
IC bonus for productivity
Cons
Loyality from upper management with my knowledge and skills i've obtained to be laid off
General Labor (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 27, 2015
I enjoyed the work environment and it was easy to tranistion into. I worked with some nice people that seemed to enjoy the job.
good place to work if you get hire by the compnany
Imaging Specialist (Former Employee) –  Doral, FLJuly 27, 2015
The job was not bad could have used team leaders and it was hard to get hired by the company full time and the pay increase were few and far between
Not great hours and low pay rate
Plant Laborer (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJuly 26, 2015
I hated the hours and the pay rate wasn't that great the management was ok but could've been more informative with job description
Amazing learning opportunities and working environment
Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Mariposa, CAJuly 26, 2015
3 man ISP and computer repair shop. We did everything from troubleshoot/build computers/servers in shop and in home to designing and implementing network solutions for large deployments such as school districts and national reach corporations.

Management was limited to owner and co-worker. Almost all tasks that involved more than a single meeting were discussed and recorded in email.

Typical day at work was showing up and checking tickets on ticket tracker. All tasks were assigned a ticket and tickets were taken and resolved by anyone who picked them up. Many tasks were assigned to specific workers based on skills.

All tasks were given a specific time frame in which was considered reasonable. Accountability was innate with any action.

Learning environment for Linux, networking or general computing was immense. Customer service skills went along way towards guaranteeing sales from potential clients and building relations with existing clients.
Pros
Customers were amazing! Professional work environment. Learning opportunities everywhere.
Cons
Clientele is limited due to location. Paid as 1099 self-employed instead of as employee.
Productive and fun place to work
Health information Coordinator (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MoJuly 25, 2015
Assure prompt service to customers, my sure that work was productive. I learned how to coordinate work. The management team was the best. Made some lifetime friendship with my co-workers. This was one of the best places I ever worked.
Recruiting department gets zero stars!
Manager, Data Center Services (Former Employee) –  Boston MAJuly 23, 2015
I was dealing with the recruiting department for a Data Center Manager position and it was a very unprofessional experience. The recruiter I was dealing with had to reschedule multiple times and then vanished after my first interview and never scheduled the second interview. After multiple phone calls and emails to the recruiter, I had given up! I know that Iron Mountain is an awesome company to work for but I have witnessed first hand a large issue with their recruiting department. Good luck to future applicants!
Pros
Good company
Cons
Horrible recruiting department!!!
i loved my time there
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Solon, OHJuly 17, 2015
i worked in the record center and sometimes went on the road to help out transportation. i enjoyed my time there with great employees and a great work culture. i was very disappointed in the way my leaving was handled, but that didnt have anything to do with my direct bosses.
Pros
good benefits, interesting work
Cons
bad leadership in management
Productive and fun workplace
Record Center Specialist (Former Employee) –  Somerset, NJJuly 15, 2015
A typical day started out with a 10 minute meeting, then we would start work, which was pulling a certain number of boxes per day. My coworkers and managers were great people to work with. I would say the most enjoyable part of the job is being able to work by yourself at your own pace, and the hardest part would be putting away new the inventory, since some areas were hard to reach and some boxes were heavy. What I've learned is to just keep going when things seem to go wrong, and how to use an RF scanner.
Pros
Occasional free lunches, holiday parties
Really fun place.
Computer operator (Former Employee) –  MoscowJuly 15, 2015
You can feel yourself as a freelancer. Days off whenever you want. Good co-workers and management team. Nothing bad at all. Bankrupted in 2011.
Pros
flexible working hours, really good work place
Cons
nothing