Iron Mountain

Iron Mountain Employer Reviews

Fixing Corners
Team Lead, Trainer & Data Analyst II (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOMarch 19, 2015
This was a fun job. Another temporary assignment. We had a lot of freedom as long as we were productive. We prepared forms for scanning. I learned here that it doesn't really matter what your doing if you enjoy who your doing it with
Productive fun workplace
Destruction Technician (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMarch 12, 2015
Its a great job with plenty of opportunities and benefits. You will get a workout from lifting but the atmosphere is awesome. I enjoyed my time there
Iron Mountain
Sales Advocacy Associate (Current Employee), Collegeville,PAMarch 10, 2015
Assisting with general needs such as placing orders, working with microsoft documents, Oracle, billtrust, Iron Mountain connect, 20/20, and various other systems. Assisting the Sales team with high priority escalated requests. Dealing with complex billing, assisting with pricing, updating the account, answering general inquires for creating contracts. Reaching out to the customer on behalf of sales to address customer concerns.
Terrible HR Dept and upper management
Class B shreds (Former Employee), Sacramento, caMarch 8, 2015
i went through the the whole process of getting this job as a class B shred. I get a call out of the blue one day saying were not going any further with your application. I have a clean record and class A license. When I asked why not they said it was a discrepancy on my background. When I asked what it was the HR recruiter said she didn't know. Lol. Wow! I had to call the background company myself to find out a date on a job wasn't correct. All they had to do is call me and ask those questions I could have provided any information they needed. Words of advice cover yourself if they give you an offer letter. Make sure it has whatever you need to cover you in it if they decide to rescind the offer. I wouldn't recommend this job to anyone especially with all the teamsters and union harassment. Stay clear of iron mountain.
Legacy company that can't figure out how to move into the next generation.
Solution Delivery Manager (Former Employee), Collegeville, PAMarch 4, 2015
Shredding paper is useful, but there's not much future in it. They tried buying a company to jump into the future, but could not figure out how to make it work and shed the company.
Temporary Data Entry
Temporary Data Entry (Former Employee), Jessup, MDFebruary 28, 2015
This was a temporary 5 to 6 month assignment with Corestaff Temp Agency. I prepared and maintained large volumes of documents from different sources. Sorted paperwork, prepped the documents for scanning, copying then filing at the customers’ requests. When completed returned documents to the requesting source.
Long hours, learning different equipment's, getting to know different people.
working at IM
Director (Former Employee), San Jose, CAFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: great people work there and believe in service
Cons: senior leadership is disconnected and make decisions based on bottom line vs service
There are a lot of great people who work there but Senior leaderships disconnected to employees and customer needs. Reorganizations are now a norm.
Great Place to work for certain departments
Employee (Current Employee), Royersford, PAFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: decent pay, good health insurance, good direct management
A fast paced, every changing work environment. Daily tasks are easy, but can get frustrating due to lack of program functionality. Some departments are easier to work for than others. Direct Management is great, but higher executive decisions can be questioned most of the time. Co-workers are friendly and great to work with.
Knowledgeable
Customer Care Agent (Current Employee), Collegeville, PAFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: learning environment
Cons: limited time to learn
Teamwork oriented.
About the core of the business
Positive attitude
Friendly
Not knowing what to expect on the next call
Learning how to handle those unexpected calls
Good Products
Sr. Systems Engineer (Former Employee), Wake Forest, NCFebruary 15, 2015
Subject Matter Expert
Enterprise Customer Base
Challenging Complex Work
Freedom to manage technical aspects of territory with Sales Exec.
Productive and Learning Workplace
Operations Manager / Record Center Director (Former Employee), Tucson, AZ & Miami, FLFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: teamwork, workplace, learned skills, benefits, corporate
I rate Iron Mountain as 5 stars. In my nine years with Iron Mountain, I learned more skills that no one can take away from me than the typical workplace. The teamwork was between management was outstanding and made all the challenges worth while. My specific team met and handled the greatest of challenges with enthusiasm regardless of the situation.
Very customer centric organization.
Director of Accounts Receivable and Collections (Former Employee), Royersford, PAFebruary 12, 2015
I enjoyed the 7 years that I worked at Iron Mountain. The Shared Services Center was an enjoyable place to work. I was unfortunately laid off as part of a reorganization of the Shared Services Center.
Easy Money
Temporary Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee), San Diego, CAFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: easy
Cons: temporary
It was in a warehouse so I'd grab a pallet full of boxes which was full of boxes at least 25-30, each containing several manilla envelopes. The information written on the outside of these envelopes was to be keyed into the data system, replaced on a new pallet and prepared for storage.
Work environment was consistent with the job
Warehouseman & Driver (Former Employee), Los Angeles CaliforniaFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: teamster union job was secure, good place to work with a varied work environment.
Cons: some management were less than qualified or effective
Iron Mountain was a good place to work overall. I was able to interact with customers at their sites in a very congenial non-confrontational manner. The co-workers were most often reliable and dependable. Management was efficient and considered employees needs when required.
not a good place to work
Record Center Specialist (Former Employee), Chester, NYFebruary 4, 2015
Cons: work you to hard
Iron mountain does not care for its workers just to make sure the work gets done. They do not give help when you need it. Your co-workers never help you. Working in dust full warehouse with bugs and rodents.
Working with this company was very interesting, the relationships between co-workers were great.
Courier (Former Employee), Oakland, Ca. 94612February 2, 2015
Pros: we were offered energy snacks every morning to help get us through our day.
Cons: when business got slow the last hired was always the first hired.
I drove throughout the Bay Area picking up confidential documents from many companies to be shredded or stored. The most enjoyable part about this company was that you go to many different places each day, no day is ever the same.
excellent benefits
Courier (Former Employee), Carrollton, TXJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: free state fair tickets
Cons: no set working hours
excellent benefits
great friendly working environment
get to meet new people everyday
route gives a chance to learn different parts of the metroplex
It's a wonderful place to work.
Record Center Specialist (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOJanuary 28, 2015
Iron Mountain is a wonderful place to work. A lot of room for advancement if you work for it. Friendly coworkers and staff. The hardest part of the job is no hard part. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing you have put in a good eight hour work day.
Good company to work for in the U.S.
Operations/Transportation Supervisor (Former Employee), Cerritos, CAJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: good benefits and employee programs
Cons: local management not on same page at times
Very busy work days that can be challenging and fun. Helpful staff across all departments.
Good job but...
CDL B Driver (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJanuary 21, 2015
Good job but the management team in Las Vegas, NV has no concerns for the workers personal life and off time. They will have you work 60hour work weeks and have you come in on the weekends. Your annual raise is on average $0.30-$0.35. There isn't room to be promoted.

1 2 3 4 5

About Iron Mountain

You think you have a mountain of paperwork to deal with? Iron Mountain is one of the world's largest records storage and information – Read more

Iron Mountain Photos