Iron Mountain Employee Reviews

Very productive environment
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 10, 2016
A typical day with the guys in the warehouse ( only 5 workers in the plant) would sometimes be very quiet, mostly work related. I learned more on keeping excellent standards and good communication with outside vendors. Management I would rate at least a 3 with communication. The most enjoyable part of the job I would say the overtime, weekends off, and company events. Lunches are separated so each individual eats alone.
Pros
Company family events, Overtime was a Plus, The Benefits.
Cons
Single lunches, Last minute Mandatory Saturdays.
Fun place to work with great people and Managers
File Puller (Former Employee) –  New JerseyNovember 14, 2016
Day at work would depend on what I was doing that day. One day I could have been pulling files the other days could have been handing out boxes. I learned that hard work and get you places and do things i would not normally;y do. Management was great loved them. Co workers where great also had no issues with them one of the reasons why I liked going to work. The hardest part of the job was the travel to and from work (45 min to and from without traffic). The most enjoybale part was just going to work and being with co workers and getting paid
Pros
Great people, Mangers and things to do for work
Cons
Distance from home
I dread coming into this place every morning.
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJSeptember 28, 2016
If you care about your license and your safety don't work here. It's every morning management will give you a route that only superman can complete with no regard to your license or health whatsoever. Management will act nice right to your face then stab you in the back when you are falling behind on your route. They only care about their trucks and the pick ups being made. They refuse to reward their hard working employees with good raises instead they'll just pile more work if you're done early and just watch every move on your scanner. Overall not worth 17.02 per hour to be treated like a common criminal.
Pros
Cons
Everything else
Was a great place to work...
Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 30, 2016
Unfortunately the core business of the organization is records management, which is no longer a growing industry because of less expensive backup options and items being stored electronically. This has created significant amount of job loss. At one point it was a wonderful place to work, compensation was fair w/great benefits.
benefits
Cons
no opportunities for advancement and job security
Great people too work wirh in Data Entry and Special Projects.
Imaging Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 23, 2016
Was surprised after 17 years that my position was reduced, and I was apart of a workforce reduction. I was very hard broken how much time, sweat and tears I gave to this company and they just released me. After that several other full time employees quit.
Pros
Quarterly Bonus, free lunch
Cons
Healthcare for married couples too expensive.
No incentives all work no play
Prepping documents (Former Employee) –  Dallas County, TXNovember 1, 2016
Type job Prepping Documents. not secured it was with a temp service. When assignment caught up you are Let go. I like doing the work but it was too strict. They make it hard to work there by strict rules and you have no respect from the managers, Supervisors or leads. They want to talk to you like kids. Work was not difficult it was your overhead.
Pros
non
Cons
short breaks
Productive and caring workplace
Operations (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COAugust 30, 2016
Iron Mountain provides a work place that everyone feels comfortable and secure in. They ensure productivity is excellent and care about the employees. A typical day of work consists of getting in and pulling charts or putting them away and processing any requests that have came in from the day before. I have learned organization and tracking. The management communicates very effectively. My coworkers are great and really enjoy coming in. The hardest part of the job is adapting to daily changes in work flow. The most enjoyable part is the people and the relationships we have developed.
Pros
Employee relationships
Productive and Lively Workplace
Image Specialist (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CAAugust 30, 2016
A majority of my day at work consisted of me sitting at a desk, either prepping papers for the scanner or typing in information into the computer. My co-workers and supervisor were friendly and hard-working, which pushed me harder to do what i had to do to fulfill my tasks. The work was very repetitive, but I still managed to try and make the best out of it.
Pros
hours that cause me to miss traffic hours
Cons
repetitive
temp data entry
Data Entry-Temp (Current Employee) –  Livermore, CAAugust 23, 2016
Most people here are friendly and willing to help out if you have questions. They use a lot of temps for various projects so your likelihood of getting hire isn't very high. You will also need lots of patience and willingness to roll with the punches, because things can and do change, day to day. The customer data you may end up keying can be very challenging to work with at times. Not a bad place to work overall.
Pros
Good environment, managers are approachable when issues arise.
Cons
temp work, not very stable.
Sad management they make for a hostile work environment
Courier (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNNovember 21, 2016
Management don't want to see you get along with co workers unless you are one of there favorites The way they route makes no sense at all. You will be in an area and see 3 other Iron Mountain trucks and that makes sense to them.
Pros
Not a lot unless you are a favorite
Cons
Management and the lies about how many hours you work
Very stressful Plant manager puts way too much pressure on those busting their back . Lacks compensation for good job
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAAugust 10, 2016
Management changes often I was their less than a year . Brach manger was terminated within a few months of me being their . Plant manager and branch manager say they were on same page until plant manager was away from branch manager then it was a different story. Way too many contingent employees ( temps ) more temps at times then employees. Did not practice what they preach. Matrix way to high for what the limping equipment can handle . No raises in ten months
Cons
Review hits the target
negative workplace
Senior Business Development Executive (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 9, 2016
The workplace has become extremely negative driving most of the good people away. Advancement is via "buddy system" not merit. Constant management rotation, non good. Very difficult to get paid commission
Cons
management, commodity product with little future, difficult to get paid
not a good fit
Data Entry Technician/Quality Department (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJNovember 18, 2016
You had to cross your legs under the table that they gave you to sit at. You lifted up to 100 pound boxes of work. It was a horrible place to work, till they finally got these car mats to be put under your chair, to keep the chairs from rolling on the floor
Pros
had employment
Cons
was glad the job ended
fun place to work, family atmospere.
Order Puller (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 10, 2016
A typical day was just getting to work on time and getting our assignments on all that needed to be done, and getting it done correctly and on target.done. I learned how to use wireless remote hand scanners to pull orders. There were only four of us in this department and I had a very good working relationship with them from the first day.
Pros
we worked independtantly, with minimum supervision.
Cons
assignment ended.
Great Place to learn and gain valuable skills
Legal Intern (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 25, 2016
Great workload and selection of work. I could always ask coworkers for advice or help. Was able to complete work in many categories and increase my experience in contracts, negotiation, team work, working with team members outside the legal department and much more.
Pros
great work environment
Iron mountain was a great place to work , but they haven't been hiring full time for 2 years.
Record Specialist (Current Employee) –  East Brunswick, NJSeptember 29, 2016
It was a good Learning experience as far as working in a positive environment great learning experience. Management was helpful there leanent and iron mountain as a whole was a good stepping stone.
Great company, good people.
OPERATIONS COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Hanover Park, ILOctober 14, 2016
Great company! When you work in Data Management it is difficult to climb up the ladder via promotion.

Iron Mountain is a very stable company that takes care of their employees.
Pros
Benefits are very good!
Cons
Options for growthor advancement can be limited!
good company but they dont take employees into consideration.
Warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJuly 14, 2016
The new managers only care about the quota they make hour meetings and they mostly talk about the quota they nees to realize that they havegoos hard workinf employees. And stop worrying about making that quota
Pros
the benifits are great
Cons
the boses don't care much about their employees
My Duties
Courier/Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, MEJune 2, 2016
Pick up and deliver confidential records from medical, finance and other facilities throughout the State of Maine for either storage or off-site shredding. Utilize hand held computer to scan packages and track all cargo. Responsible for keeping cargo organized in a 20-foot box truck to facilitate timely completion of a daily route. Completed safety checks of assigned truck each day. Review scheduled stops each morning and determine most efficient route for the day. Customers have written my supervisors to commend my professionalism and efficiency.
Pros
great pay
Cons
High pace company, long work hours, long routes.
ROUTE DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 1, 2016
The typical day at work was long and some of the clientele are not very nice people. While i was employed I learned to operate a Shredder truck. The management at the location I was employed at where not very professional and understanding. Some of the co-workers was alright to work with and others not so okay. The hardest part of the job was having to dump multiple bins without help.
Pros
hourly wages, overtime
Cons
long work hours, lousy routing, management