Iron Mountain Employee Reviews in United States

I have enjoyed 10 years with this great organization.
Territory Financial & Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 29, 2015
Iron Mountain has been good to me (and many other employees) over the past 10 years. The only reason I am even looking for other employment is because Iron Mountain continues to evolve and restructure to ensure continued growth for many years to come. The organization has undergone numerous "rightsizing" exercises in the past several years and I have been fortunate to have "made the cut" each time.

However, I feel it's the right time to start looking and get prepared in the event I don't "make the cut" if & when there is another cut back.
Pros
Great benefits, culture and work life balance
Cons
Consistent restructuring makes longevity / job security a thing of the past.
A long standing company that seems to be turning south.
Transportation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZDecember 8, 2015
Pay was commensurate with the rest of the market, but you will never get any kind of a reasonable raise. Benefits were excellent. Hours were a nightmare, on-call, weekends, swing shifts, every holiday. Don't plan on having ANY kind of a life working there. Management started off great, but then became fractured around 2013. Micromanagement, in-fighting among managers, insane metrics that couldn't be met. A lot of people that worked for Amazon were hired into management roles, and they ran the place like Amazon.
Pros
Great benefits, ok pay.
Cons
Terrible management at almost every level, $0.12 per hour raises (if you were lucky)
Good paying job
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Santa Maria, CAMarch 6, 2016
Great pay, many job advancements, Very long hours and very demanding. Very heavy work and a lot of grading reports. If you enjoy lots of over time this is the place to get it with great benefits.
Good Company but no growth within the Eastern Territory
Client Service (Current Employee) –  East Brunswick, NJMarch 22, 2016
My day is servicing a financial company and creating their personal files. Working for Iron Mountain for 16 years I've learned teamwork, organization skills, and being proactive. I love working with my co-workers it's a family oriented location.
Pros
No micromanagement
Cons
No promotions and no growth within the Eastern Territory
Could be a great place work !
Courier (Current Employee) –  Kent, WAFebruary 15, 2016
Excellent job to have ! Your left alone as long as you get your job done .Management on the other hand dosent care about you at all . If they like you well then your golden but if they don't watch out . Their is no team work at this job it's man/women for themself . Routing and or dispatch push you to do more and more after a 10,11 Hr day very long hours . Work is very physical if your scared to work not the place to apply for .
Horrible Company
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 23, 2016
A typical work day- Boxes in the hundreds a day. What I learned Leave when a job/company has run its course. Management - One sided.

Co-workers - worked very hard, and complained.
Hardest part of the job. Showing up daily with a myopic supervisor.

Most enjoyable part of the job. Getting paid, and going home.
Pros
It's job
Cons
Office Politics, and favoritism. mice, bugs.

Comment – April 6, 2016

Limited room for growth. If you're a high school graduate from 17-19 years of age, not going to college or the military, and in good physical condition, this is the perfect job for you, to build your resume. Keep in mind that while the shred side could be around for another 10 years, there's not a future in this business. Gone are the job security days.

Family-like environment
Organizational Development Consultant (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaNovember 9, 2015
Iron Mountain is a solid company with a very family-like culture. The company is undergoing a lot of change and some of it is very disconnected. Senior leadership seems to miss some of the dots that need connecting.
Pros
Excellent work-life balance, good salary
Cons
Average benefits, unstable change environment
Ping pong table
DATA ENTRY (Former Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLJanuary 17, 2016
Recording information from medical files in the computer. Learned how to be fast and accurate. Management did not had too much ethics and professionalism. Not able to speak to co-workers. Hardest part was communicating with a co-worker or doubts about the current work. Most enjoyable, when I got the results and could see that I met an exceeded the goals of the week.
Cons
COMMUNICATION, BENEFITS, BREAKS
Good people dealing with corporate mandates
Transportation Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Port Washington, NYOctober 23, 2015
There are a lot of hard workers here but a lot of disengagement due to constant corporate metric measuring of more and more job functions creating more and more responsibilities and subsequent finger pointing when things go wrong. Processes and equipment which are not functioning properly almost never get 100% fixed. Most of the burden gets put on supervisors and hourly staff with little to no support. If you are an excellent self educator and highly motivated you can go very far in this company if you are willing to move and relocate for promotions.
Pros
ability to move up and get promotions. Also excellent review structure for yearly raises
Cons
Poor training, little to no support for wide variety of job functions.
Company more concerned with stock holders than employees.
Any Position (Current Employee) –  Any locationSeptember 21, 2015
Every month some new change comes down from Iron Mountain Corp. A change that will lead to greater profits for the stock holders. Iron Mountain does not care for their employees. Great place to work if you like being told you are worthless and that you are replaceable. Great place to work if you want to be let go for making only one mistake or if you enjoy human metrics.

There are a few great employees and managers who do a bulk of the work so the other longer tenure employees can just sit around doing nothing. Management sees this daily yet does nothing about it and even joins them. Double standards everywhere.

No real chance of advancement as the company keeps laying off employees.
Pros
No weekends
Cons
Management, Double Standards, Good ol Boys club mentality.
PC Technician (Former Employee) –  Collegeville, PAAugust 18, 2015
Iron Mountain was a great place to work.
The benefits were good, the hours were excellent, and the people were mostly friendly.
The management was not the greatest, but they were in a transitory stage when I joined and all of the kinks were still working themselves out.
Typical day was spent about 60 percent on the phones with the different end-users assisting with our various online tools.
There was nothing really too difficult about the job, and breaks were given pretty frequently.
Pros
Frequent breaks, a lot of projects
Cons
Not enough room for advancement
Not worth your time!!! Dead End Job!!!
Record Center Specialist (Former Employee) –  Southaven, MSDecember 11, 2015
Was a bad place for as a temp worker. Too many rumors float around the warehouse due to jealousy and lack of authority. Hours were great but not worth making a career choice in staying. Dead end job with no promise of moving up. I worked there for 1 1/2 year. Was glad I left for better pay and better management.
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
Inexperienced management.
It could be worse
Driver (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJMarch 4, 2016
Even though we only work 4 days per week we really don't make a lot of money doing what we do especially doing a heavy route in NYC. Benefits are good. Management is ok for the most part.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Low Pay
Great workplace environment
IT Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Collegeville, PAJanuary 10, 2016
My career at Iron Mountain was outstanding. I would continue to work there if the opportunity arises again.

My team was exceptional and I received constant praise while being a supervisor there.
Nice but not good enough
Service Associate, New Customer Support Programs (Current Employee) –  Royersford, PAJanuary 31, 2016
They only hire from a temp agency and they lie to your from day one. Its not 3 months of temping its 6 mounts to a year. If you are under the age of 27 it will be less then a year. they like people to be very young there. They also let go of there employees every few mounts. The management don't interact with anyone under them unless they have to and they look down on you.
Pros
They have treats for us now and then
Cons
they lay people off every few weeks
Iron Mountain
Senior Solutions Architect (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 11, 2015
Iron Mountain was great company with fantastic benefits and a good culture for work life balance. there advancement into the Healthcare arena is good logical step. They have good management heading up that initiative.
Iron Mountain
Customer Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Royersford, PAAugust 27, 2015
Iron Mountain is a competitive company with room to advance for those who work hard and are motivated. The restructuring and changes within the company's hierarchy can be unsettling. Good benefits, personal/vacation time, and incentives for those who have been with the company for some time.
Reorganizational Blues
Learning Project Leader (Former Employee) –  Collegeville, PAOctober 9, 2015
Supports working remotely
A lot of investment in improving managerial skills
Respectful of the employees' personal needs
Rapid reorganizational changes means there's no job security
Losing high quality talent due to layoffs or leaving before being laid off
Pros
Incentive compensation; strong HR
Cons
Lack of job security
IRM is a fair company to work for
PMO Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 13, 2016
Not much room for career growth but the company is fair and tries its best to look out for its employees. It has a very flexible work schedule, also a work from home remote program that I must say is the best I have ever seen.
Pros
WFH program is excellent
Cons
no room for career growth
Great place to work!
Assist customers (Current Employee) –  Royersford, PANovember 30, 2015
Great work/life balance. Treat employees well. Co-workers are great. Management understands employees as well as their jobs.