Iron Mountain Employee Reviews

Very Good Place To Work
Imaging Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hazelwood, MOFebruary 24, 2017
A typical day at work for me is basically just scanning and prepping papers. I've learned a lot about teamwork at this job because without a team this company wouldnt be a successful as it is today
Company looking for future direction
Territory Vice President / General Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 21, 2017
Great People
Great customers
Company is looking for a solid go forward direction now that the paper storage is slowly declining. Innovation is not in this culture.
Pros
Great People
Cons
Lack focused direction
Very professinal work environment.
Commissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Royersford, PAFebruary 16, 2017
Processed sales reps commission payments for a specific geographic area. Communicated all exceptions to the compensation plan to management. Ensured appropriate approval requirements are met with all processes.

Learned compensation plan, Safekeeper Plus, Salesforce and Oracle.

Maintained 100% accuracy and met commission payment deadlines.

Receiving emails from mangers thanking you for processing special projects in an accurate and timely manner.
Pros
Healthcare, bonuses and good management.
Cons
Jobs being outsourced.
Internship
Financial Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 13, 2017
The internship committee were very welcoming and they made me feel like home. Many opportunities to excel and demonstrate senior leadership your skills.
A diverse company
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Windsor, CTFebruary 10, 2017
Iron Mountain is a diverse company with many Employee Resource Groups. Historically was very good with Work/Life balance, but is transitioning into Work/Life 'mix'. Opportunities to advance are rare due to several years of restructuring. However, benefits are VERY good.
Pros
very good benefits (medical/dental, etc.)
Cons
work-life "balance" replaced with work-life "mix"
Great Company to work for
Area Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 6, 2017
One of the best companies I have had the pleasure to work for.
I got 5 promotions while employed with this company and the pay and bonus plans were awesome. Even after my department got laid off due to outsourcing, they provided me with a 9 month severance pay. Great Company!
Pros
Great Pay and Opportunities
Cons
Department Structure Changes Rapidly
Productive and fun working where every employee is important
Information & Record Management Analyst (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 2, 2017
He is greart. He knows exactly what he is doing in terms of meeting the company's bottomline while meeting the needs of his enployees which according to him are the core value of his operation.
Pros
Employees bonuses
Good company
Financial Manager (Former Employee) –  Sharon Hill, PAFebruary 2, 2017
Solid company with good corporate support and consistent revenue streams. Market share includes the majority of Fortune 500. Competent senior leadership. Aggressive international growth through acquisitions.
Pros
Good benefits and bonus plan.
Cons
Constant change.
iron Mountain is no one ideal place to work
Accounting Manager (Former Employee) –  Royersford, PAFebruary 1, 2017
iron Mountain is not concerned about their employees needs. They work you hard and for long hours. They have limited staff and resources and the employee must still work under these conditions.
Flexible workplace that offers professional growth and work-life balance
Events Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  CollegevilleJanuary 30, 2017
I have found that working for Iron Mountain offers a flexible workplace. Many of the professional employees work from home at least part of the week if not every day of the week. The company culture encourages work-life balance, with few working late/off-hours, many taking regular time off and little work being done on weekends or during the holidays. The employees that I have worked with have been at the company for 5 years or more and most of them have advanced within the company.

With the company being so large and the products/solutions being new to me, I experienced quite a learning curve. However, the employees have generally been welcoming and easy to work with.

The Executive Leadership is passionate about environmental issues, diversity in the workplace, philanthropic efforts to preserve historical artifacts/sites/records and community activism/volunteerism. This was particularly appealing to me and makes me proud to work here.
Pros
Good benefits, employee longevity
Cons
Lots of time on the phone since colleagues are spread all over the country/world.
cool
Appointment Setter (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 29, 2017
Great place to work, Pay rate was generous, the most enjoyable party was my first time attending a company holiday party. It really made feel like family.
Pros
Everything was great
Cons
No Cons
productive and fun workplace
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJanuary 27, 2017
I entered a lot of medical records via data entry, I learned how to do transmittals. management was superb, workplace culture was fine, the hardest part of the job was lifting heavy boxes the most enjoyable part of the job was getting the work done
Pros
calm environment
Cons
punching out for lunch
Lots of work to do and little or no compensation for your efforts
Software Developer III (Former Employee) –  Renton, WAJanuary 25, 2017
Bad management
No advancement
Laid 12 people off at the same time
Although there were people senior to you there was no mentoring
Builds sent for review would appear whil I was the one who was supposed to package them up for release. Turns out the Architect from outsourcing was sending out builds without telling me, the person who was supposed to be responsible for them.
Pros
Cons
Bad management
record center specialist / helper for driver
Record Center Specialist (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CTJanuary 25, 2017
Unorganized place to work for. The management will give you a enormous amount of stops for you to complete and really expect you to finish them all ....mixing off site shredding with on site shredding is against company policy but the supervisors don't care...the turn around ratio is high....the can't keep people there at all. They hired me as an Casual worker I didnt receive any heatlh benefits for 5 years since i started.
Pros
The work was very easy
Cons
No Benefits and no guaranteed pay raises
Imaging Specialist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 25, 2017
On a typical day, I started out at an offsite location. Then went into the office. Every day was different. Management always made sure I had what I needed to succeed.
Different rules for different people
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Jessup, MDJanuary 23, 2017
Pros
Steady work
Cons
Poor management, Unorganized, poor pay rate
Ok
CDL Tractor Trailer Driver (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 20, 2017
Management changed alot. It had its ups and downs, not alot of pay increases, sometimes the work is slow so you dont get alot of hours. Your check fluctuates with the hours
Good place to begin working in the transportation industry
Class B Commercial Driver (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 15, 2017
Working for this company for 12+ years, I contributed to this company's growth from a few small buildings into a regional business. As I progressed, so did my daily duties overtime. I saw managers come and go, with many of my co-workers continuing to stay. The most enjoyable part of my job was knowing my supervisors could count on me to complete the job. The hardest part of the job was balancing my fluctuating overnight work schedule with life outside of work.
no rewards
Transportation Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 14, 2017
This company does not take care of its employees, only the bottom dollar. The medial benefits are expensive, Management does not listen to ideas only their way.
Was able to listen to different types of music
Audio Engineer (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, CAJanuary 13, 2017
A typical day at work would be listening and recording music.
I've learned that attention to detail is very important. Managers and co-workers were great. The hardest part of the job was that there was not enough time in the day. Most enjoyable was the music
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Small raises

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Iron Mountain. Our community is ready to answer.