Iron Mountain

Iron Mountain Employer Reviews

It would have been better if the contract lasted longer
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), SouthavenJanuary 20, 2015
Iron Mountain offers a wide range of career opportunities from coast to coast and country to country; from the warehouse to the executive suite; from the Sales office to the back office and the customer support center.
Productive and fun work place.
clerical (Former Employee), Fort Wayne INJanuary 14, 2015
My day at Iron Mountain were fun and always learn new things because we would different projects.
productive and efficiency
Iron Mountain Record Center Specialist/Supervisor (Former Employee), Miami, FLJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: help people
Cons: lack of commnication
a typical day at work fast paced environment to complete orders daily. I learned not to overextend my resources and to finish the job. Management was a lot planning, organizing, setting objectives. My co-workers made it a fun place to work. The hardest part of the job is to make sure that all customers be satisfied daily. The most enjoyable part was to come in everyday and help the company to achieve its primary goal: customers service
Demanding Company always trying to get the most out of you
Account Representative (Current Employee), Collegeville, PAJanuary 12, 2015
Iron Mountain is a highly political work place. Your'e more likely to be promoted based on your ability to tell your manager and supervisor about other coworkers, than on your ability to perform your job. The model of micromanagement. Not much camaraderie despite the companies attempt to provide business functions from department budgets. If your'e the quintessential company man, your'e likely to go far.
I liked the job
Driver (Former Employee), Northborough, MAJanuary 10, 2015
Pros: lots of overtime due to inefective sheduling and high demand for work and not enough employees.
Cons: lots of overtime.
I enjoyed working with the company and my co workers the middle management was out to create little or no harmony and did not listen to common sense, while performing my job but if I was so bad I guess they would not have used me to train other drivers and never laid me off or fired me even if they were incompetent and ineffective as leaders. They were only out for themselves and often it backfired on them. Middle management was ineffective higher management were ok and sometimes needed to intervene when they did not.
All in all the company was a good company to work for but they did not seem to care for their employees.
Exciting place to work. Was invovled in many high profiile and business critical projects
IT Service Delivery Manager (Former Employee), Collegeville, PAJanuary 10, 2015
Pros: fast paced and exciting ennvironment
Cons: heavy focus on moving jobs out of the country
I loved working at Iron Mountain. I was involved with so many exciting and business critical projects. I was fortunate to have a wonderful team that routinely surpassed my expectations. We routinely delivered on time and on budget.
"Nice to work for"
Senior Quality Assurance Engineer (Former Employee), Renton, WAJanuary 5, 2015
Every day is new learning experience, great place to improve your skills. Growth opportunities are wide.
laid back environment where you can have good work life balance.
The environment was very pleasant.
Data Imaging Specialist (Former Employee), Boyers, PAJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: had alot of company parties.
Cons: no movement forward, management never knew what was going to happen since they took orders from corporate.
Iron mountain was a great place to work. Nice environment, great coworkers! Management always good with working with your schedule. Overtime when it was busy.
Learned computer and digital imaging skills at this job.
Weekends were off. Major holidays off.
There were alot of company parties and picnics that Iron Mountain provided the food.
Management and bosses always willing to help.
Family oriented.
PRODUCTIVE AND FUN WORK PLACE
Assembler / Packager (Former Employee), Milpitas, CaliforniaDecember 22, 2014
Pros: didnt work weekends
Cons: short breaks
ALWAYS ON YOUR FEET ALL DAY.
LEARNED HOW TO QA AND BUILD SHELVES.
MANAGEMENT WAS OKAY.
CO-WORKERS WERE FUN.
HARDEST PART OF THE JOB WAS STANDING ALL DAY WITH NO SITTING.
MOST ENJOYABLE WAS WORKING WITH FUN PEOPLE.
Great Company to work for
Employee Relations Case Manager (Current Employee), Jersey City, NJDecember 6, 2014
These are my responsibilities:

• Support NY Metro territory (NY, NJ) all locations and business units.
• Developing and implementing new HR Processes, programs and policies
• Provide support to employees and managements on all employee relations issues (Investigations, PIPs and Counseling for Performance, Terminations, Dispute Resolution, Attendance, Policy breaches, Co-worker conflicts, Hostile work environment, Unemployment Claims and appeals, Open Doors, Ethic System, Legal Compliance).
• Employee relations issues. Provide front line support and guidance to managers in the area of employee relations including formal corrective action ensuring decisions are made with consideration to fairness and precedent. Perform routine and complex investigations involving employees, supervisors and management in the areas of harassment, discrimination, integrity and other employee relations issues. Propose recommendations and disposition for investigations and ensure timely follow-up with impacted employees.
• Provide assistance in the form of advice and counsel to staff and management in the interpretation and application of policies and procedures, ensure compliance with company policies and procedures and applicable local, state and federal laws and regulations
• Union Avoidance Project lead.
• Labor Relations, Labor Campaigns
• Leadership development
• Employee engagement
Fast paced work environment
Inside Sales Solutions Representative (Former Employee), Royersford, PADecember 4, 2014
Excellent training programs and continued training.

I learned the effectiveness of Smart Calling, Solution sales and questioning techniques to best solve the customers problem and cater packages that best fit the customers needs.

Overall I found management to be competent and liked not being micromanaged.

I very much enjoyed working with my co-workers. I worked in a supportive environment and my team was like a family.

The most difficult part about the job was the sometimes tedious busy work we were assigned that was not sales related and at times took us away from selling.

The most enjoyable part of the job was selling! Also working with a team of people we cared about each other. There were many sales contests and spiffs - which I loved and usually won.
Good company that is going through a lot of changes, hurting the overall atmosphere, though it was a great growing experience.
Manager of Transportation and Operations (Former Employee), San Diego, CADecember 3, 2014
I worked for Iron Mountain for almost 7 years and all but a few of those years were positive. The company has been going through many changes, from corporate structure, to local management, which at the end of the day has hurt the overall environment, at least in the local territory where I worked. I learned a lot about management and myself over the past 6 years at Iron Mountain, and at the end of the day, I wouldn't take back any of the good or the bad, for it has helped me grow and understand the type of manager I want to be. I've learned that the people are the most important part of a company and when you neglect that side of the business, all can fall apart fast. I love being around and managing people, and this job gave me the chance do hone those skills over the years. Though things did not work out in the end with myself and the company, I am happy where I am at and look forward to my next growth opportunity.
Fun and friendly work environment.
Data Entry (Former Employee), Eagan, MNNovember 25, 2014
Pros: great company and great co-workers
Cons: was only a temporary position
Quality check confidential documents, and file. Correct information as needed. Great people to work with and a great company.
Working for Iron Mountain
Billing Coordinator (Former Employee), Hackensack, NJNovember 11, 2014
Reconciling all orders on a daily basis and making sure correct charges are applied to each individual account. Answering all phone calls, emails or faxes regarding billing and invoicing. Preparing and properly mailing out monthly invoices to each individual client. Coordinating proper billing adjustments and correcting any errors on the invoicing. Assisting customers with sensitive information on their contracts and leases with the company. Making sure all information was correct and up to date. I shared workspace with another group of ladies that belonged to the customer service department and the data entry department. It worked well because we complemented each other in the aspects of the company business.
Fast paced work environment
Destruction Technician (Current Employee), Elk Grove Village, ILNovember 5, 2014
Typically, upon beginning our shift, we see what the workload is for the day, come up with a plan of action for all workers, and execute the plan of action. Duties consist of forklift driving, loading and unloading trucks, unboxing, skid steer push, rotating forklift operations.
Very nice work place
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Southaven, MSNovember 3, 2014
Pros: great work place
Cons: temporary job
A typical day was unloading of business records to be reboxed and stocked for storage.I learned the importance of business forms/ paper work is very important to keep in storage so that you will have information on file for clients. The management was great. The co-workers were nice. There was no hard part of the job. The most enjoyable part of the job was just being there every day.
good job and advancement opportunities
warehouse lead (Former Employee), Southgate, CAOctober 23, 2014
Pros: good bennefits
Cons: i wass layd off by seniority
over all good work environment as long as u keep u productivity up and don't slack off
its was a okay place,
scanner, coordinator (Former Employee), Irving, TXOctober 22, 2014
Cons: shorts breaks
i got to work every morning, got a scanning gun with battery and a cart. i go to the place i was assigned and started putting up boxes to their location. i went in at 8 in the morning and got of at 5 p.m.. i would take break at 10 then lunch anywhere from 12a.m to 1p.m. i liked it.
Operations Coordinator
Operation Service Coordinator (Former Employee), Atlanta GeorgiaOctober 21, 2014
Pros: great employees, learning experience
Cons: benefits are ok
Great company to work for. .must display superb customer service. .teamwork.
Good work environment to start career
Inside Sales (Current Employee), Royersford, PaOctober 20, 2014
Pros: activities to improve team morale, flexible
Cons: vacation time, too much change, no employee loyalty
Iron Mountain is a good company, in the sales aspect there is no room to advance - everything requires a business case. Commissions not always paid out correctly- must fight for every dollar, training not relevant to needs, too many changes, grew too fast, many problems, jobs roles not defined accurately. Depending on management can have good flexbility with hours worked. Not a lot of vacation, medical benefits ok.

1 2 3 4 5

About Iron Mountain

You think you have a mountain of paperwork to deal with? Iron Mountain is one of the world's largest records storage and information – Read more

Iron Mountain Photos