Iron Mountain Employee Reviews in United States

No complaints
Warehouse/ Assembly line (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 18, 2016
Good company. Looking to grow, this would be the best company for you. Need training, come here and you will learn what you need to know.
Review
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Royersford, PAAugust 17, 2016
Learned how to handle customers issues in a professional manners, no matter how difficult, great office culture, everyone always willing to help one another.
Decent Place
anonymous (Former Employee) –  anonymousAugust 15, 2016
Hard work. Good benefits.

There were many challenges but i learned a great deal from the position and the upper management. Decent people but a stressful atmosphere.
benefits
Cons
workload
allowed to hear music while you work.
Documents Scanner & Data Entry Processor (Former Employee) –  Cerritos, CAAugust 15, 2016
A typical day at work?

Converted documents into digital imaged formats as well as performed quality control Indexer.

Your Co-Workers

I trained almost the majority of new workers starting at this company.
Very stressful Plant manager puts way too much pressure on those busting their back . Lacks compensation for good job
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAAugust 10, 2016
Management changes often I was their less than a year . Brach manger was terminated within a few months of me being their . Plant manager and branch manager say they were on same page until plant manager was away from branch manager then it was a different story. Way too many contingent employees ( temps ) more temps at times then employees. Did not practice what they preach. Matrix way to high for what the limping equipment can handle . No raises in ten months
Cons
Review hits the target
Great company to work for.
CDL Driver (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAAugust 5, 2016
This was by far the best company I ever worked for. As a driver I felt valued, felt well taken care of. Management in our plant was proactive and made sure we got what we needed. Great benefits, solid leadership.
Pros
Great benefits, good pay, management
Open 365/24/7
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, CAJuly 28, 2016
We did everything at Iron Mtn. We would pick up media and then bring it back to the branch where we would Distribute and pick media for the next day. We also were on stand by for Emer. if clients need media within 30min up to 3 hrs.
Great Place to Work
Imaging Production Specialist 1 (Current Employee) –  Freehold, NJJuly 25, 2016
This is a great company to work for. There's many perks and you always get recognized for great work. Very productive atmosphere. They take care of their employees.
Productive, fun work environment
Receiving Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAJuly 22, 2016
My time at Salmon Falls was great. I learned a lot about myself and about the work place. Unpredictable work environment allowed me to learn fast and be productive. My customer service skills grew also.
Pros
Outdoors, meeting new people, flexible hours
Cons
No room for growth
good company but they dont take employees into consideration.
Warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJuly 14, 2016
The new managers only care about the quota they make hour meetings and they mostly talk about the quota they nees to realize that they havegoos hard workinf employees. And stop worrying about making that quota
Pros
the benifits are great
Cons
the boses don't care much about their employees
they refuse to pay great salary for awesome workers
Quality Assurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  East Brunswick, NJJuly 10, 2016
this company is so tight financially that raises are extremely low. I'm not sure if its management but they also have a strict dress code.
fun place to work, family atmospere.
Order Puller (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 10, 2016
A typical day was just getting to work on time and getting our assignments on all that needed to be done, and getting it done correctly and on target.done. I learned how to use wireless remote hand scanners to pull orders. There were only four of us in this department and I had a very good working relationship with them from the first day.
Pros
we worked independtantly, with minimum supervision.
Cons
assignment ended.
It's a great place to work.
Warehouse/Dockworker (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WV 25311July 6, 2016
It's a great place to work. The hours were good and I got to learn a lot about working in a warehouse. Also I got a good cardio workout.
Good place to work...
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 5, 2016
Middle management was great to work with and frontline employees were generally good people. Proclaimed work/life balance was not as such.
Benefits
Cons
Work life balance
Good enviroment with great people
Record center specialist (Current Employee) –  Kent, WAJuly 2, 2016
It was defiantly a physically difficult job with a lot of heavy lifting but the work environment isn't overly stressful and the people are great to work with
Pros
All vending machines 50 cents on everything
Cons
Physically taxing at times
A lot of travel
Territory Security Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 30, 2016
Being you cover multiple states it is a constant traveling job with Security.
Most managers are excellent but as any company this large there are those who make a discouraging environment.
Pros
Meet alot of people across states
Cons
Travel constant
Very Disappointing
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaJune 28, 2016
This company is going down every year. Depressing Place to be! Shoot First, Aim Second Approach Leads to failed results.
Pros
Weekends and Holidays Off
Cons
Poor Leadership and Decisions Have Lead to A Downward Spiral
Productive and fun workplace to be apart of
Critical Account Specialist (Current Employee) –  Royersford, PAJune 25, 2016
Typical day always changes.. Everyone is a great team plater here.. Flexible work hours. Some staff members are a bit shy at first but when you get to know them better tey are really cool.
Pros
Enormous cafeteria provides breakfast, snacks and lunch at a reasonable price. Free tea or coffee.
Cons
Short breaks.
Just your average employer, nothing grand
Mechanic/4 (Former Employee) –  Bensenville, ILJune 25, 2016
Okay here, but political and workers are just 'numbers' and have no say whatsoever when a dispute arise between managements and workers. Company always side with managements no matter how right you are, or how wrong the management was.
Pros
job
Cons
managements
Would be ok with better pay and Managers who gave a s#it
CDL Driver (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 24, 2016
Working at Iron Mountain used to be so much better than it is at the current moment. Blatantly racist managers, supervisors and some employees to watch out for. We were asked to forget our personal lives and family commitments to go out and bust our butts for up to 12/13 hrs a day. Some drivers had part time jobs that Iron Mountain made them quit or get fired because they couldn't make it there on time after numerous 12 hr workdays. We worked in the city of chicago were we felt neglected and overworked compared to our suburban counterparts. We expressed this to no avail until we reached our boiling point and unionized. A year later we went on strike to get better pay and rights that we surely deserved and thought we would only strike for 2 weeks or so just so this company whom we made great sacrifices for will see we were seriously unhappy with some things going on. Iron Mountain felt betrayed so instead of paying us they paid for drivers, helpers etc to fly out from there markets to help our market while we was on strike! They even paid their hotel fare and gave food them stipends! Also they paid a million dollars for a security company to "watch us strike" just in case we did anything illegal ha! Well after the strike they fired over 40 good experienced drivers and replaced them with idiots who don't know a 65 gallon from a console! Nobody does their jobs correctly and then they call on the experienced drivers to fix the mistakes. So you want to work at iron Mountain? Go ahead, in a year you will be fed up with their backwards policies and illegal practices.  more... I honestly don't think the company wants to be bad but due to lack of resources, pressure from the company, our values have been compromised.  less
Pros
Its a job
Cons
You're just a number to be replaced