Iron Mountain Employee Reviews

Sending a lot of jobs overseas
Billing Analyst & Contract Administrator (Former Employee) –  Royersford, PAAugust 8, 2017
The company is very family oriented. Good family/work balance. However, over the last 3-5 years they have been sending jobs overseas to places like Bangalore, India.
Pros
Family oriented
Cons
Hard to advance your career. A lot of office politics.
Wouldn't recommend this place to anyone.
Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Kent, WAAugust 2, 2017
Wouldn't ever recommend this place to anyone. If you want any kind of social life, you best look else where. The management doesn't seem to get it and only care about themselves and their god forsaken numbers. They could careless about their drivers.
Pros
Cons
Manaement, 0 work/life balence
Productive yet physical job
Route Driver (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 2, 2017
A typical day of work consists of going to various businesses, checking their Shred bins or consoles & then shredding the confidential information that they have. Depending on the route, you can definitely do a lot of walking. Shred bins can also be very heavy so if you're not ready for a workout, this job may not be for you. Management is very laid back & is willing to work with you with things on your route & vacation just to name a few examples. All the Drivers are great to work with & never hesitant to answer any questions you may have about a stop, etc. The hardest part of the job for me is definitely the walking at least on my route which is in the Downtown area of my city. Sometimes you may have multiple bins to service, which can be heavy & having to walk a block or two due to parking can be a little stressful. The best part of the job is meeting new people & being able to be out & about enjoying the scenery
Pros
Vacation time, bonuses
Cons
Lots of walking
A hard working warehouse with great coworkers.
Warehouse Laborer (Current Employee) –  Desert Hot Springs, CAAugust 2, 2017
Iron mountain is a good company and a good place to work too bad it is only temporary I wish I can stay but other than that no bad complaints from me. Thank you.
productive
Records Specialist (Current Employee) –  Boyers, PAJuly 31, 2017
They keep me busy always. It would be nice to have a say in whether i leave my current work station rather than being randomly pulled. Supervisors are relaxed as long as everyone is productive. Some co workers think of only themselves rather than as a team.
Pros
Friendly work enviroment
Cons
Some people are immature
Overall, it was a good atmosphere and the people were really nice.
Warehouse Logistics (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 31, 2017
The coworkers are really nice, the job was contract so not really job security. No one could really help me with the contract end date. Was told several different things from management, felt kind of left out of the loop.
Pros
Good atmosphere
Cons
Contract
Fast pace work environment
Puller/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 30, 2017
Iron mountain is a constant pace work environment. You never have time to sit still you are constantly moving. You have to be able to handle pulling and sorting boxes.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
hard to get on permanent
Friendly environment
File Clerk (Former Employee) –  Jessup, MDJuly 28, 2017
It was easy to get lost in the fast-paced work of prepping papers for scanning/reassembling boxes of paperwork for storage. My coworkers were friendly and helpful and would occasionally come to me for help with their own issues, such as stuck staplers. My supervisor was open to all my questions and explained things in a way I could easily understand. The environment was very welcoming, and though I often came away with my hands cramping up a little from so many repetitive motions, I enjoyed each and every day I worked there.
Pros
Free coffee & hot chocolate with the occasional free doughnut day
Great place to work and great benifits
Transportation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CAJuly 26, 2017
IM has a great employee culture. Plenty of room to grow if you choose to do so. Plenty of work to keep you busy and at least your 40 hours. Its worldwide so you may transfer anywhere there is an open position you qualify for. Like most places this large, some management issues but does not dilute the overall environment . I would recommend this to anyone seeking long term employment and a good career.
Pros
Workplace culture, Plenty of employee appreciation recognition Plenty of support from upper managment
Productive and nice place to work
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Puyallup, WAJuly 25, 2017
A nice place to work, not to hard and interesting people, management wasn't bad nicely balanced and some co-workers could work more efficiently in teams.
Friendly amostphere
Studio Engineer/Transcoder (Former Employee) –  Moonachie, NJJuly 25, 2017
Actual work is good. Relaxed & friendly environment. High security for work projects. Compensated (non monetarily) for good work production. Hired as a permanent employee relies on budget or client flow for that quarter.
Pros
Department management treats workers to keep up moral for crunch schedule
Cons
Long wait if at all for permanent employment
works for short period
ERP Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 24, 2017
Only worked for Iron Mountain for 1 year, after my company was acquired by them. Did not have alot on contact with IM team as my dept was due to be let go withing one year of being acquired
Pros
Good mangement team
Cons
Not centralized in business processes
Big Blue
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 20, 2017
Excellent Brand recognition. Huge customer base. Very disorganized internally. Company grows through Acquisition. Customers are not valued. Too many departments are outsourced.
Pros
Pay
Productive workplace
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Loma Linda, CAJuly 19, 2017
I learned how to work with a palet jack and how to source and label files. My only problem working at this warehouses was that there was no kind of ventilation, it was very hot
Large company mentality
Business Development Executive (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 19, 2017
Main interest is on profit and not service
Must abide by their culture to be successful
Not interested in new ideas
Caters to larger firms
Communication is poor
Pros
Deep pockets, lots of internal training
Cons
Too large to listen to internal ideas that may be better
Temp
Document Preparer (Former Employee) –  Cerritos, CAJuly 18, 2017
A job is a job. It's boring. Cool for young college students or retired ppl looking for work. You're able to listen to your music while working. Off weekends
Could be better
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAJuly 18, 2017
Company does not worry about their employees all about themsthemselves. To many people get away with alot of stuff like helping others they rather sit and get paid for those 2 or 3 hours everyday. This happens everyday
Pros
N/a
Cons
Health Care
Overall, not a bad place to work but not the best place to work
Records Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 17, 2017
The front-line employees are usually ignored as management dictates almost everything while setting unrealistic goals. Limited resources often forces employees to improvise by taking short-cut. The overall work environment is a friendly one but many unproductive employees are not coached. Compensation could be more for the type of industry.
Pros
Friendly work environment.
Cons
Management dictates everything without employees input. Promotions are only for a selected few.
Gredfh
Document Specialist (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 17, 2017
HF and then we have a few months of the new York city and then we are you can be a bit of a lot to client is not sure if you are the new York NY to be a few
Iron Mountain is a company worth working for. There are many long time employees, just not in the department I was in.
Release of Information Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 12, 2017
My direct manager was the best. She was always fair and supportive. Iron Mountain has an open door policy between staff and management. I found this to be the case with my manager. She is the type of person you always hope to have as a boss. My interaction with other management left me with a positive impression as well.
Pros
good management
Cons
a matrix that does not account for computer or customer service issues.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Iron Mountain. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval