Iron Mountain

Iron Mountain Employer Reviews

Great workplace, great people
Document Preparation Clerk (Current Employee), Freehold, NJJune 12, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: temporary position
A typical work day starts at 7AM and ends at 3:30. The time does go quickly when you are working on a certain project.

This is the second time I am back there, for I was a temp there beginning of November of last year. I never knew how to prep documents before this job but learning it on day one of last year was very easy. Toward the end of my tenure – more... there the first time I also learned to manifest boxes which just consists of putting a tracking sheet and a scan sheet inside each box.

The management team is great to work for. They are very personable and always willing to help if you have a question about something concerning the project you are working on.

As for my co-workers, they are the same way as the management team. They are easy to talk to and are also always willing to help if they can if you have a question.

I would say the hardest part of the job is knowing its not a full time position. It is difficult to walk into a job and not knowing when your last day is going to be.

The most enjoyable part of the job I would say are the people. They are great to talk to and again, always willing to help when it is needed. – less
Stressful and Non-organized place to work - no feeling of job security
Business Development Executive (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJune 11, 2014
Pros: salary, car allowance and cell phone
Cons: long hours and expected activites are unrealistic
Director and Management in NC and SC are the best team to work with and provide direction for the day to day activities needed. The hardest part of the job are the internal process which make this job unenjoyable and give a sense of constant confusion. Most enjoyable part of the job is meeting customer's and winning new business. The company has had – more... lay-offs in the last two years and the company constantly changes sales roles. There is no sense of job security or trust. – less
Uncertainty
customer facing hourly employee (Current Employee), Collegeville, paJune 11, 2014
Pros: good co-workers
Cons: job security uncertainty
Company doesn't have any new products to sell, so to please the stockholders - they are cutting costs any way they can. Older lines of business, multiple confusing internal processes , outsourced much work to Phillipines and India. US employees just waiting for next outsource- short sighted senior leadership that creates overwhelming workload for mid – more... mgrs. and sups. Hourly employees bleed blue and are given thanks and fairly nice perks, but this nice treatment doesn't make up for lack of cohesion, advancement , or team building. Unless you have prior management experience, don't expect advancement here. Front line managers are generally understanding and very supportive - upper leaders are totally out of touch with anything other than analytics and reports provided to them. – less
Great people to work with
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), Oklahoma, OKJune 2, 2014
Pros: good compensation, good people
Cons: lack of direction by upper management
Stressful and a lot of internal pressure.
Great team environment, really enjoyed the people I worked with.
No work life balance.
n/a
Record Center Coordinator (Current Employee), Chesapeake, VAJune 1, 2014
pay was horrible for the amount of work they wanted, but It is a good place to start for anyone who is out of high school or in college. No real room to grow, and management is not the greatest.
Understaffed with high expectations
hand jack and assist (Former Employee), LivermoreMay 29, 2014
Pros: cheap vending machine in breakroom
Cons: poor managment
While i worked there they wanted 280 boxes pulled from their shelves. The shelves are little more than shoulder width between, 3 shelves of boxes stacked 3 high (sometimes 4) and 3 deep. Most boxes were never in the same 10-20ft of each other so there is a lot of time your not pulling boxes because you have to go locate them.
Productive workplace
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee), Madison Heights, MIMay 21, 2014
Pros: overtime
Cons: there was no advancement
Iron Mountain is a good company to work for. The company has good benefits. The work day was fast pasted and made the day go by really quick.
Productive and fun place to work
Record Coordinator (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 19, 2014
My time at Iron Mountain was wonderful. My co-workers and management team was awesome.
had a good future cares about its employees
Plant Operations Destruction Supervisor (Former Employee), Jersey City, NJMay 15, 2014
Pros: steady shift good management-great communication
Cons: none had to leave for travel and family
in out production-good leadreship-over all bring in pallets recive the documents account for product and shred then bale then ship out
Work day at Iron mountain
Office Work, Customer Service, Data Entry, Re (Former Employee), Aurora, COMay 13, 2014
Pros: had a job
Cons: getting hurt
moving big boxes down stairs with out help. doing thing with out any help.
Team environment
Transportation Supervisor (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 8, 2014
Pros: good benifits
Cons: high turnover rate for management
Fast Paced environment with growth potential. The company taught me a lot about time management and organization.
Great Company
Customer Care Supervisor (Current Employee), Collegeville, PAMay 6, 2014
Pros: onsite cafeteria and gym
Great organization with plenty of room for advancement. Should be a strong team player who is dedicated to hard work and a goal driven mindset. As a service organization, shifts are based on business needs which may not work for all individuals, but if a shift preference isn't a determining factor, this company is highly recommended.
They supply driver with,uniforms,boots,belts, and bottle water.
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Carrollton, TXApril 23, 2014
Pros: i got 40+ hrs a week.
Cons: n/a
Every thing was good, please review my resume.... I learn a lot about dealing with people. Management was perfect. Co-workers work as team. Can,t find any, sorry!! Being on time for work.
Not bad but really stressfull
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOApril 22, 2014
Pros: can move around the country
Cons: hrs and sometimes the job
When I started with the company I started as a temp and moved up within the company. I have done the data entry and even project management. That was up in Des Moines, Iowa. Working up there it was more of a family than just a work site. Moving down to KC, that was a different story. I became a manager and didn't have the backing that I had up home. – more... I had a lot of problems with my employees and didn't seem to have the support of my higher ups to see what was actually going on and fix the things that needed to be fixed. I got selected for a project that took about 8 months, in the beginning it was a nightmare and again didn't have the support that I needed to do the job correctly. I got the hang of it slightly and got a good crew to work for me, then when I was about done I got a severance package. I thought it was the end of the world when that happened, but I no longer have the stress that I had when I worked there and don't have to try to change things that need to be changed to only get told no. Not a bad place to work if you want to go with the flow. I was with them for about 8 years, but they are always looking to consolidate all departments and make things run as efficiently as possible. Problem is that there is no room for human error or taking time off. The teams are so lean that if 1 person is off for any amount of time, everyone has to scramble if something large comes in the door. – less
High paced job
OPERATIONS SERVICE SPECIALIST (Former Employee), austin, txApril 10, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: short break
Set-up Data tape orders from customers. I learned time management and everyone there was nice.
Out of touch
Accounts receivable (Former Employee), PAApril 10, 2014
Pros: i no longer work there.
Cons: everything
This company is severely out of touch with the customer and has started outsourcing several departments out of the country or to another company for accounts receivable, collections etc. Poor management that apparently has no clue as to what goes on around them. Billing system that is more complicated then it needs to be. Stay away this company is going – more... down hill fast. – less
Decent work, not a career to build on.
Associate (Former Employee), Jessup, MDMarch 26, 2014
Was a temp worker. The job wasn't overly difficult or stressful. Management was relaxed and friendly, but the job itself is insubstantial.
Data Entry Experience, Typing and Scanning
Data Entry (Former Employee), Valencia, CAMarch 25, 2014
Pros: pay, hours
Cons: temporary, stability
At this job I learned the process of Data Entry. I handled medical and/or other important confidential documents and input them into the main data base.
Very Flexible Workplace
Contractor (Former Employee), Royersford, PAMarch 19, 2014
Pros: work life balance & good communication
Good leadership
hard working team
flexible hours
good co workers
This is a growing market. Great place for some one looking to start there career.
Record Center Coordinator/Record Center Coach (Current Employee), Southaven, MSMarch 19, 2014
Pros: growth opportunities
Cons: hot summers and cold winters
Iron Mountain Memphis is a small growing market including management, there are from 15 to 20 employees. All of them treat you like family at the mountain. This is a very intimate environment.

About Iron Mountain

You think you have a mountain of paperwork to deal with? Iron Mountain is one of the world's largest records storage and information – Read more

Iron Mountain Photos