Iron Mountain Employee Reviews

Good paying job
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Santa Maria, CAMarch 6, 2016
Great pay, many job advancements, Very long hours and very demanding. Very heavy work and a lot of grading reports. If you enjoy lots of over time this is the place to get it with great benefits.
Very Relaxing Place to work at
Data Entry Clerk/Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 28, 2016
The company was very small and private. I really loved the work environment and my co-workers. It was very relaxing,fun,challenging, and clean
Good for now
Release of Information Specialist (RIO) (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 25, 2016
A typical day for working in the RIO department is a mixture of rude customers and nice ones. Some days it is laid back while other days it is hectic. I have learned a lot about processing medical records for various types of request. It is a great learning experience but I would not want to retire doing this line of work. The hardest part of the job is dealing with customer that get mad that you are just following procedures being just outright difficulty.
Pros
Tuition reimbursement
Cons
Don't really get a lunch break, favortism
On a slow death spiral
Senior Operations Manager, Records Management (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaFebruary 25, 2016
No longer in the growth phase...trying but failing to find its way. Cutting allot of jobs reducing management and making supervisors act as managers....more work less pay.
Productive and enjoyable work space
Imaging Specialist (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad Caverns National Park, NMFebruary 21, 2016
During my time with this company I gained knowledge for larger companies and the ways of how they conduct their services.
Great people
Operations Manager, Document Management Services (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 21, 2016
There are a lot of outstanding people that work at IM facilities all over the world. Everyday is a new and interesting set of challenges.
Short time
Manager, Production Services (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAFebruary 18, 2016
Spent a short time with Iron Mountain before we were purchased by HP. Team was good to work with and provided support when needed.
fast-paced workplace
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 18, 2016
it was an exciting and fast-paced environment. always something to do, which is what i liked, because i like to stay busy.
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing
Great management, great place to work
Route Driver (Courier) (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 16, 2016
Great management. Great group of co workers to work with. Steady work.Productive work environment. Positive and stable company.
Pros
co workers
Cons
position was cut back
Could be a great place work !
Courier (Current Employee) –  Kent, WAFebruary 15, 2016
Excellent job to have ! Your left alone as long as you get your job done .Management on the other hand dosent care about you at all . If they like you well then your golden but if they don't watch out . Their is no team work at this job it's man/women for themself . Routing and or dispatch push you to do more and more after a 10,11 Hr day very long hours . Work is very physical if your scared to work not the place to apply for .
IRM is a fair company to work for
PMO Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 13, 2016
Not much room for career growth but the company is fair and tries its best to look out for its employees. It has a very flexible work schedule, also a work from home remote program that I must say is the best I have ever seen.
Pros
WFH program is excellent
Cons
no room for career growth
Noticeable absence of long term employees (Corporate)
Senior Procurement Process Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 11, 2016
Like many others have said, great company to work for however treat long term employees like "yesterday's washwater", they abandon them to save a buck and move roles overseas. What ever happen to loyalty?
Pros
Progresive
Cons
No loyalty to long term employees
Great
Data Entry Clerk/Document Scanner (Former Employee) –  Jessup, MDFebruary 9, 2016
Answering clients every need. Making sure that the client is in good hands and is being helped and taken care of their issue.
Good benifits
Plant Manager (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAFebruary 5, 2016
This was a good company to start. You will understand in short order the working of a conglomerate that has to report to a board of directors. The Shred division seems to be ever changing and was very hard to keep up with the expectations of ever changing roll expectations.
benefits
Cons
loyalty
Nice but not good enough
Service Associate, New Customer Support Programs (Current Employee) –  Royersford, PAJanuary 31, 2016
They only hire from a temp agency and they lie to your from day one. Its not 3 months of temping its 6 mounts to a year. If you are under the age of 27 it will be less then a year. they like people to be very young there. They also let go of there employees every few mounts. The management don't interact with anyone under them unless they have to and they look down on you.
Pros
They have treats for us now and then
Cons
they lay people off every few weeks
Great place
Imaging Product Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 27, 2016
At Iron Mountain I start in the warehouse than on to Imaging. Also begin my own separate project with in 4yrs or more. Learned a lot over the year of working there. I would love to find another job doing the same or more like this. Thanks
No games /no jokes of any kind in the work place
Transportation Coordinator/ Route driver (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 25, 2016
Routing drivers and paperwork that was needed to be done daily. learned more about the computers that I worked with. Supervisor was great to work with at this building. All co-workers were fun to be around and they were very nulligable in there fields. Making sure that all work was completed at the end of the day before leaving.
Pros
the ability to work with co-workers and outside customers needs
Ping pong table
DATA ENTRY (Former Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLJanuary 17, 2016
Recording information from medical files in the computer. Learned how to be fast and accurate. Management did not had too much ethics and professionalism. Not able to speak to co-workers. Hardest part was communicating with a co-worker or doubts about the current work. Most enjoyable, when I got the results and could see that I met an exceeded the goals of the week.
Cons
COMMUNICATION, BENEFITS, BREAKS
Evey day there was a little something different from performig an audit with the customer to driving a critcal to San Francisco. Met some great people
Transportation Interim (Former Employee) –  ILJanuary 13, 2016
I am the first person to the job I check the perimeter of the property and unlock the doors also check the system for daily task and last minute add ones before the drivers leave.
Ready the daily logs for transportation, operation and guest.
For transportation I hand out the keys to the drivers I verify that the drivers have their drivers license and their green card before they go on route.
Answer phone, operate office equipment, data entry and filling
Participates in the Audit for transportation.
Weekly Felt inspection.

Arrange appointments with Penske for PM service for our vehicles.
Train, motivate, explain task to others. Able to delegate, direct, and follow up with peers and customers.
Run Routes.
Monthly Building inspection.
Pick open and closed media for next day service.
Distribution of open and closed media.
Pros
I went from picking media to trainsportion and acting coordiator
Cons
That IRM Operstions was losing customer and down sizing. Customer moving to the cloud.
Great workplace environment
IT Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Collegeville, PAJanuary 10, 2016
My career at Iron Mountain was outstanding. I would continue to work there if the opportunity arises again.

My team was exceptional and I received constant praise while being a supervisor there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Iron Mountain. Our community is ready to answer.