Iron Mountain Employee Reviews

Was only there for a few months after the company was in charge.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Boyers, PA 16020July 12, 2017
Some high stress situations. The management, when I was there, was top notch. It was a fun place to work for the most part. The hardest part of the job were making daily deadlines. The most enjoyable part were my coworkers.
Pros
Management and employees
Cons
Froze pay and took away some benefits
Short lived
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COJuly 8, 2017
Upon gaining employment at Iron Mountain, I was in a serious car accident at that time which took me away from the job for a year and a half. All I remember of Iron Mountain are great things.
Good Starter Job
Courier CDL Class B (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJuly 8, 2017
A typical day is around 9 to 10 hours. It consist of driving and lifting heavy materials. The hardest part of the job is the heavy lifting. You get weekends off and they have good benefits.
Laid back
Imaging Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 7, 2017
this company is ok to work with its just either everybody wants to tell you what to do or nobody knows anything. nothing else to say. nothing else to say
Pros
laid back
Cons
communication sucks sometimes
sucks
Warehouse Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 6, 2017
the pay is not good you work alone with no help then get yelled at when they don't reach quote because they can't get any temps to stay they want you to work 6 days a week too from 7am-6pm
Pros
hour lunch
Cons
pay sucks
Was a great place to work
Inbound Clerk (Former Employee) –  Southaven, MSJuly 5, 2017
print label for the worker to pull boxes every morning. You could talk to the manager if you had a problem. When it was cold it was cold because you worked on the docks. Working together with the guys and not micromanage
Pros
could listen to you radio
Cons
cold on the docks
Fun, exciting and great workplace
Manager of Account Services of New England (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MAJuly 5, 2017
The people and customers were great to work with over the years. It was a true team workplace with people that really cared about the customers and clients.
Pros
Great people and managers
Cons
Long days at times and final management that took over
consistent job with great teammates
Courier (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 4, 2017
Iron Mountain is a great place to work. There are many types of jobs inside of Iron mountain. My specific title was a courier/driver. i delivered confidential information to customers in a timely manner. I also picked up destruction from companies that needed their documents destroyed.
Pros
getting to see and talk to different people
Cons
they expect you to live to work instead of working to live. 12-14 hours a day
No life...
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 30, 2017
The company offerings are very good. Respected in industry.

Overall they work the employees to the bone and they rule by fear. Your job is always on the line.

Keep nose down, make no waves, willing to work 50 or more hours a week and don't complain you can retire from this company.

Only those who play by the rules get promoted. Top performers well they want them performing and making the money for the company.

The work is interesting and have a vast array of clients.
Pros
It's interesting
Cons
No Management support and rule by fear.
productive and friendly atmosphere
Scan Operator (Former Employee) –  Boyers, PAJune 29, 2017
clock in and work 8 hours a day and 40 hours a week and you can work longer if you want to and get paid over time. You get benefits and 401k plan. Transfer files from paper to the computer all day long. Some employees are in the rooms finding the files in the drawers to give to the employees that are working the computers doing all the transferring. When you are hired you work on the computer and also find the files and whoever is fast and efficient on the computer keeps that job because they are going to get more data entry done. Overall, it was a great company to work for with great benefits
Medical Records Management
Imaging Records Specialist (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 28, 2017
Work with Iron Mountain as Medical records management children's hospital prep patient records document, scanned into digital image, index gather multi patient records.
Nice productive environment around Fun to work with people.
Fullfillment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CAJune 28, 2017
I really enjoyed working here the environment was always peacefull and comfortable.
We had a lot of over time there was a lot of work to be done all the time.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Big orders
High pressure work
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJune 28, 2017
High pressure to meet productivity numbers by management. Hazardous work conditions can be present. Opportunity for advancement available. These circumstances also depend on the geographical location of the business.
Pros
Bonus for Management positions
Cons
Hot, dirty work for laborers.
Former Record Center Supervisor
Unit Record Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 28, 2017
As a Record Center Supervisor, you may be responsible for multiple buildings with a crew up to 15. The buildings warehouse thousands of secured documents that are pulled and put away on a daily basis, the only downside is not being able always find documents that have been stored for years.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Hot buildings in the summer
not applicable
Assessment Coordinator (Current Employee) –  PAJune 27, 2017
No comment on this area of the process. Great benefits, 401K, vacation, health, dental and vision plans. The people are great to work with on my team.
Productive Work Day at Iron Mountain
Document Prep (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 26, 2017
A typical day at work would consist of removing staples, paper clips, as well as prep documents. I've learned to be more organized and very attentive to detail. The managers were easy going. The hardest part for working with Iron Mountain was the setting. It was a warehouse setting and it could get extremely hot while working. The most enjoyable part on the job was the fact we could sit down while working as well as listen to our media players. The people all around me were great spirits and worked really good with each other.
Pros
paid weekly, we could listen to our media player, we could converse with our neighbors.
Cons
Heated Enviorment. warehouse setting
Very good company to work for.
00-PRESENT Transportation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Union City, CAJune 25, 2017
I am a driver for this company I deliver and pick up computer backup tapes to store offsite in case of an emergency. I have learned a geographical area of the San Francisco Bay Area. The job has changed over the years and some of the routes I cover are a bit heavier than others. I just know there is another option I should try as I feel I am not able to retire within this company. I have given great customer service in all of the jobs I have encountered. I will really miss my customers as I have built many friendships with the service I have provided with them. Being on the road is also nice the only time I hear from my supervisor is when he calls.
Pros
Great benefits, pay ok
Cons
Traffic has increased over the years, which is time consuming.
Many acquisitions provided many opportunities
Pre-Sales Engineer (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 23, 2017
Iron Mountain is constantly going through change. That's why they've been around since the 1950's.
I do not feel comfortable giving more information on this company.
Great Positive work environment!
Audio Visual Technician (Former Employee) –  Moonachie, NJJune 21, 2017
My boss was one of the most level-headed, inspiring people I've ever met. All my coworkers were highly skilled dynamos in their own rights. I loved being in a calm, clean work environment where you got along as long as you were organized and dedicated to the team. Can't wait to work here again!
Pros
Great benefits, good coworkers
Cons
none!
Typical Cubical Work Environment
Record Center Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 16, 2017
Iron Mountain was a decent workplace. Sometimes it was a bit overwhelming due to the workload and deadlines to be met. I enjoyed the team members and would work for them again.
Pros
laid back
Cons
repetitive workloads

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Iron Mountain. Our community is ready to answer.