IRR Supply Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
High expectations with unsatisfactory training
Counter Sales (Former Employee) –  North Tonawanda, NYOctober 13, 2015
Warehouse and counter sales.

Warehouse: Checking in morning shipments, confirming quantities and entering into computer inventory. Stocking received products and assembling ongoing orders to be shipped out or picked up in store. Assembling deliveries of requested items for other branch locations.

Counter sales: Customer service for HVAC and plumbing contractors. Taking customer orders, entering them into the computer and assembling them from stockroom for pickup. Knowledge of HVAC, plumbing and electrical required to answer customer questions.

I was hired without any advanced training in HVAC/plumbing/electrical, and majority of my knowledge came from self education. Manager passed me for training opportunities due to busy counter and limited staffing, but required I have equivalent understanding of the products and industry as other, more trained counter staff. Eventually let go, stating they required someone with more knowledge of the industry.
Pros
Consistent daily schedule, same jobs/activities each day.
Cons
Irritable customers; lack of training opportunities; not intellectually challenging
Excellent place to work
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  North Tonawanda, NYDecember 15, 2012
While it was outside my industry background, they took me in at a time I needed most and took care of their employees. I have high regards for everyone I encountered here.
Pros
stable company
busy at times, somewhat laid back, poor management
material handler (Former Employee) –  Binghamton, NYOctober 24, 2012
a typical day would consist of myself arriving at work several minutes early, getting set up, and starting promptly at 7:30am. Due to lack of proper management this was not the case for a select few employees who would spend the first 30-45 minutes drinking coffee and smoking. Due to this the tasks were more heavily weighted on the other associates in the warehouse. The hardest part of the job was coping with the knowledge of having to do the work of several people while others were able to "disappear" or sit around. The best part of the job was the work itself. It kept me busy and occupied all day long. I could always find something to do and it made the day go by faster. i learned to ship and receive trucks, pull and put away merchandise, schedule pick ups and deliveries and use certain computer programs pertaining to irr supply
Pros
monday-friday 1st shift hours
Cons
management